PDA

View Full Version : i need throttlen

b&b custom
13th May 2008, 07:44 PM
hello peoples first post since intro.I have a problem, i was doing some mods & ****** up. Does someone know where i can access a z22se std throttle body from. Only prob is i need it yesterday bro-inlaw is coming over from alice.So i wan't our baby on the road,Also doe's someone know where i can get a get a 2.4l 65mm or 68mm ? throttle body, or does the 2.5 2.6 vectra fit if i make a adaptor.Any help will be appreciated. PS if someone has them i will buy both now,yesterday,tomorrow. Here's some pics of our baby.http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/brisbanetripjan2008floods119.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/brisbanetripjan2008floods107.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/brisbanetripjan2008floods103.jpg

auzvectra
13th May 2008, 09:02 PM
so what'd ya do to the original 1?

RobCDX
13th May 2008, 09:06 PM
nice SRi !

b&b custom
13th May 2008, 11:28 PM
hey:cool: dudes just got back, robcdx :D yep she's nice:p better now debadged except opel badge front & rear next on list gloss black trims to brake up the silver.Hey just the man i was hoping to here from AUZVECTRA,still doin remaps & how:confused: much.Once i get my hands on the 2.4 throttle body & its fitted:clap: i'll have to come down for cruise:dance: down to have it done .I was hoppping you might know where i can find them , other wise i'll have to go usa or uk.What did i do :boohoo: old story needing glasses & no protection[near butter fly seat] ,went to far with die grinder,OPPS:eek: big s*** now:mad: bummer:( .

b&b custom
13th May 2008, 11:50 PM
:) :D daaaaavek the baby's got done [so far] what you posted a while back intake, exhaust etc [done before i read it].like you said f*** :eek: hang ten baby :dance: how she go. my son's mate drives a modded v8 vt does high 13's,his comment:eek: F*** S*** you anileated me:clap: .Thats off the mark 0 to app 80klms.I fitted traction control switch picked up about app 1/2 sec 0 to 60[down to app 3sec],mind you emmisson was on & got to much wheel spin:(.:cool: cool hey:cool: ,he's a worried lad.

JohnBu
14th May 2008, 10:01 AM
don't think i've ever seen so many emoticons in one paragraph :)

good luck finding one.

poita
14th May 2008, 10:04 AM
emoticons don't replace punctuation unfortunatly

CNBLU
14th May 2008, 10:26 AM
how about you take a breath and try spacing and paragraphs, so everyone understands what your trying to say:cool:

one2have
14th May 2008, 12:02 PM
emoticons don't replace punctuation unfortunatly

Spelling is just as important, Poita. Unfortunately :D

tim_
14th May 2008, 12:34 PM
snap!

poita
14th May 2008, 01:09 PM
at least you can understand what i was going on about :p

bitch

one2have
14th May 2008, 01:53 PM
at least you can understand what i was going on about :p

bitch

Hahahahaha nice.. I was getting cross-eyed reading that post.. man..

Wraith
14th May 2008, 03:47 PM
b&b custom, I've read through your posts twice - still trying to fully understand what it's all about :confused: sorry :o

I get you've modified your 2.2 Sri and it can take a high 13sec V8 ??? is that right ???

What mods do you have to the Sri ??? they must be extensive to do what you've stated - I think we've only ever had about 2 or 3 modded TS turbos here, that have 'officially' run a high 13....what you've described sounds alot quicker than even those...

Not picking - just very curious, as I'm sure others might be :)

Dave
14th May 2008, 05:46 PM
By the sounds of it, its just a 0-80 run. so first to 2nd gear. I know for a fact that if i come across a v8, and he ruins his launch..... to much wheel spin, not enuff go pedal, ill walk them to 80k, but after that, just give up :p

The v8's over take ya like you were standing still ( if they arent claped out ) . Now im not saying this is the case here, but as others have said, the highly modded sriT's are only manageing a high 13 to the best of my knowledge.

b&b custom
14th May 2008, 06:08 PM
If you want to criticize people's punctuation, go become a teacher you'll enjoy it. At least I use capitals, commas and full stops unlike the majority that DO NOT (spelt properly, not spelt don't) get it right. By the way left school in the first year of high school and was never graded, so i reckon i do pretty good. By the way i bet that you use a calculator to add up, i use my brain.

b&b custom
14th May 2008, 06:46 PM
Ha, someone has acutally read what i have written yes Dave you are right 0 to 80kms is what i was talking about. No the vt is in very good condition,[he has the time slip] i was the one that got the wheel spin (still getting use to launching the baby off the mark) not the vt. Also the emmisions light was on, they reckon you lose power when the light is on, i'd have to agree, the wife even notices the difference. Yes he will get me over the 1\4 at the moment,just wait till i am finished my modds.I am aiming to be the quickest na in australia.

With no emmision light on i can blow the doors off NA falcon xr6's:clap: . When the lights on it's door to door up to app 120kms then they slowly start pulling away. My mate (shitty :mad: xr6 owner, ford crap) calls my baby the bastard car. Also I had a astra turbo[badge on it say's concept ever heard of one ] i'll see if i can get a pic of it ,have a go at me & put the word out that they beat me. They will not line up and i know why,my son know's the owner and said it only has got a exhaust upgrade . I will lay money down on the table that i wil beat it .

ROCCO
14th May 2008, 06:52 PM
great you've built yourself a car that you CAN NOT race on the road due to it being illegal...in the end its not usually the car that wins it a combinaiton of driver and car...so times it mainly the driver..there may be numerous factors to you beating a straight 6 with no mods (i.e it has not had a decent tune in years hence affecting performance).
I don't really think that this is the right place to be saying I drive like a hoon on the highway...

b&b custom
14th May 2008, 07:16 PM
I know what i have done :D . We only brought the baby in january from Brisbane, I was hoping someone would recognise her.That way i might find out some history about her, I do all my own R&D on parts and modd's. All i have done is exhaust & intake :confused: :confused: man i cannot work it out either.Thats why i need the history on it,

Keep'emRunning
14th May 2008, 07:28 PM
I don't think a simple valve job will get a 2.2 in front of an xr6 off the line.. so you don't know what elese has been done to it?

BTW welcome to the forums ;)

auzvectra
14th May 2008, 08:19 PM
yeah ignore the criticism, u get that a bit on here ;).
yeah i still do the tunes, i may end up ur way at some stage, as an old mate moved up near gympie, not that close, but closer then the gold coast :D.
also is the astra turbo u talk of owned by dean?
if so it's the highest current hp astra turbo with the stock turbo still, dyno's at 200hp at the wheels (think it was just under 200)
he would have been getting around without a front bar for a while after it got taken out by a rabbit or sumptin.
i know what ur saying about them being quick, i have seen a stockish 1 go myself, against a mid 15's car, and it won overall, and that was a vert, so they are heavier, i have no doubt a good condition sri would do a low 15 sec pass. and a wednesday motor could pull into the 14's with lil mods.
dave k ran his sri after the tune, manifold, exhaust, intake ect and ran approx 131kw @ the fly.

b&b custom
14th May 2008, 11:56 PM
:cool: thanks looks like it was hopen not ,human nature i suppose. excellent news when i get some things sorted out i'll let you know , & trie to catch up for that tune. son just come home hit him up about astra , if it's the same one .got a girl freind kate i think's the owner ,he said they think it wasn't me now the car there talking about got's 4 door's.one problem I know who was behind me. is it darker smokie blue metalic lowered i think black top to also 17's/45's-18/35'snotesure. man sounds like you know na's have potential too. THIER MY LOVE.With what you have just posted you'll have an idea there's lot more to come and mabey they will under stand that's it's not WIND IT'S FACT AND AS OTHER'S DO I LIKE TO KEEP SOME OF MY R&D UNDER WRAP'S. For comparision check out the xr6 2005 time's on the web. yeah dude you will find out you'r spot on auzvectra mate you know how she goe's at the monemen. this is my saying ,ZINGY YEP UHH UHH*GRUNTTISH GETTING THERE. I'am hoping we can catch up as i progess through my R&D. lot' to do cam gears, bowl work ,runners, bridge's etc to be checked and modded where needed &guide removeal etc .to who posted the line just curious the above not ref to you'r post. To the other posters sometime's thing's just sound unbelivable but turn out to be true. let's try to learn together.:dance: :dance: :dance: NA. RULES MY ROOST:clap: :clap: :clap:

CNBLU
15th May 2008, 01:02 AM
oh dear:wall:

OPC
15th May 2008, 01:05 AM

yes, how can i help you ?

roger cordia now owns an astra

sorry bad joke... he means well i know

Dave
15th May 2008, 01:48 AM
Ill agree though, some things that seem unbelievable have happened to me behind the wheel of my astra. The normal reaction from the other driver is, what the #$%^ no #$%^&ing way what have you done to it ?

i may just have a wednesday motor. Ill also agree that when the emissions light is on you have less power. Mines been doing it alot latley, also sucks because i dont have cruise control any more.

b&b custom
15th May 2008, 01:04 PM
man took some finding but found a std throttle body:D . THe man said he should have it here tomorrow :clap: ,my reply, you do & iwill send you a free bottle of rum:p . :dance: FREEBIE:dance: S***:eek: JUST REMBERED BETTER GET THE NEW OXY SENSORS TO. I HOPE THIS WILL BE EASIER:( SHOULD DO EGR TO I SUPPOSE.

b&b custom
15th May 2008, 06:17 PM
:mad: nasty power robber :mad: is'nt it.I only lost my zing it never affected anything else. It come on pickin second gear last time. the first time it come on was about 2 weeks after doing exhaust . Was'nt any problems when i did the itake though[done at diffrent times it was first].

poita
15th May 2008, 06:23 PM

+1

b&b custom
15th May 2008, 06:37 PM
auzvecctra i mixed up the lad's friends name's ,kate's not the girlfriend's name it's emma whitch he thought owned the car. not to sure though .And it has'nt got a black top:confused: :confused: [going blind must be]

On the power side of things app 20% power increase from my modds, should be near the money i recon[good chance more].Once i get it running again & sort out a couple of things i'll dyno her.

glider
15th May 2008, 06:43 PM
I know what i have done :D . We only brought the baby in january from Brisbane, I was hoping someone would recognise her.That way i might find out some history about her, I do all my own R&D on parts and modd's. All i have done is exhaust & intake :confused: :confused: man i cannot work it out either.Thats why i need the history on it,

how many KM has it got by chance? i may have looked at that one before i bought mine - If its the one im thinking of, i didnt follow it up coz the dealer was a bit of a prick

astrauturbo
15th May 2008, 09:01 PM
Highly modded astras make high 13s dont make me laugh, its more like 3 simple mods gets u a 14s run. maybe even a very high 13,
ive stood up against v8s, all sorts of turbo cars ,Cressida, skylines, audi quattro Turbo
(modded) GTO , i smoked them all. Only car that i dragged that beat me was
Matts astra :p and a RX7 that whipped my ars

b&b custom
16th May 2008, 01:04 PM
how many KM has it got by chance? i may have looked at that one before i bought mine - If its the one im thinking of, i didnt follow it up coz the dealer was a bit of a prick.

We got her from on the northside while we were down on holidays can not remember the yards name salesman seem to be allright, I went over it like i had a fine tooth combe. We had a choice between the astra , a ivs extream enhanced R32 89 i think[went like a rocket but to rough]or a R34 na looked to be in mint condition.[full import] everything in jap,dash controls etc.astra went better.

After a bit of a looksee i found it had been side swiped also didd'nt have as much sting as the astra.

103000klms when we picked it up.yep due for overhaul in y my books,[rebuild].

b&b custom
16th May 2008, 01:31 PM
Highly modded astras make high 13s dont make me laugh, its more like 3 simple mods gets u a 14s run. maybe even a very high 13,
ive stood up against v8s, all sorts of turbo cars ,Cressida, skylines, audi quattro Turbo
(modded) GTO , i smoked them all. Only car that i dragged that beat me was
Matts astra :p and a RX7 that whipped my ars

That's right man it's going to be interesting to see how much power i can pull while it's na.[later s/c]
I have a heavly modded 1977 creesieda was a 2.6 with carb now heavly modded 2.8 na but i bet the astra won't get near it[it hammers man] it will hit fuel cut in top gear 7200 dead now blown :mad: head gasket :mad: real bummer other wise i'd line them up.
We also have a dat 1200 s/wag [needs resto in storage] that was good low 15's only 1.4 lt :eek: [THATS NO BULL SH**].
Also a 1lt 1981 suzi 4x4 4k corolla eng picked it 's wheels up in 2nd if you did'nt give her to much throttle ,if you give it to much it would strip the pinion & take app 3 teeth off the crown wheel .now having the datto eng fitted.[:D more grunt:D ].:dance: NA RULES MY ROOST:clap:

Huhness
16th May 2008, 01:56 PM
I'm confused wtf is going on here? A 2.2 NA that does high 13sec passes?

Mine does low 12Sec Passes with just my induction setup..

Wraith
16th May 2008, 02:26 PM
I'm confused wtf is going on here? A 2.2 NA that does high 13sec passes?

Mine does low 12Sec Passes with just my induction setup..

LOL, this thread has me scratching my head also, very entertaining in a certain way :)

I 'think' I now understand this whole Roger Cordia business and when he's called onto to come into play :D

one2have
16th May 2008, 02:29 PM
Guys, I just cracked low 11's in my NA Veccy. All I did was change my powersteering fluid!

xplosv57
16th May 2008, 02:56 PM
Well i just did a simple mod to my mum's Excel, should see a 10 sec pass now...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/10s.jpg

Wraith
16th May 2008, 02:59 PM
Well i just did a simple mod to my mum's Excel, should see a 10 sec pass now...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/10secexcel.jpg

Bwahahahahaha LOL .........:D :D :D

Steve, you crack me up, that's made my week, I almost fell off my chair here at work.......:o :D

one2have
16th May 2008, 03:01 PM
Bwahahahahaha LOL .........:D :D :D

Steve, you crack me up, that's made my week, I almost fell off my chair here at work.......:o :D

+1 :D :D

b&b custom
16th May 2008, 08:00 PM
I never stated that the babe will do high 13's passes, I stated that she beat a high 13 's modded VT V8 0-80 & xr6's.as for 1/4 times mid 15's .Nothing flash slower than my other cars.
As for high 13's like i said i'm looking at trying to be the fastest N.A in my class. do'nt forget it's only got intake & exhaust mod's.
Still sh** loads to do, i'll give you's a hint if you want a N.A ENG to go put it's compression through the roof a set of massive cam's which will let the fu****g thing rev & i mean rev 8000rpm than they'll go. Thats for a street car.

sooty
16th May 2008, 08:16 PM
Normally it'd be pics or ban.
I think this time it should be time sheets or ban...
Seriously...my car runs mid 8's....honest...:rolleyes:

MatsHolden
16th May 2008, 08:23 PM
Normally it'd be pics or ban.
I think this time it should be time sheets or ban...
Seriously...my car runs mid 8's....honest...:rolleyes:

lol
Pretty sure the only thing that matters on the strip is who crosses the line first, not who's in front up to 80km/h... I dunno, might be just me.

95' GSI
16th May 2008, 08:30 PM
This is amusing me :D

auzvectra
16th May 2008, 10:39 PM
not the 1 i'm thinkin of then.

CNBLU
16th May 2008, 10:53 PM
I never stated that the babe will do high 13's passes, I stated that she beat a high 13 's modded VT V8 0-80 & xr6's.as for 1/4 times mid 15's .Nothing flash slower than my other cars.
As for high 13's like i said i'm looking at trying to be the fastest N.A in my class. do'nt forget it's only got intake & exhaust mod's.
Still sh** loads to do, i'll give you's a hint if you want a N.A ENG to go put it's compression through the roof a set of massive cam's which will let the fu****g thing rev & i mean rev 8000rpm than they'll go. Thats for a street car.

so it cant do 13's but it can beat the car that does high 13's?!?!

now this is one astra i have to see:D

b&b custom
16th May 2008, 11:05 PM
just sent email to see when next meet is on ,closest to me is benaraby drag strip a couple of other lads are coming as well to run their car's:)

MatsHolden
16th May 2008, 11:07 PM
just sent email to see when next meet is on ,closest to me is benaraby drag strip a couple of other lads are coming as well to run their car's:)

Post up some time sheets once you run it.

b&b custom
16th May 2008, 11:34 PM
originaly i said 0-80k the car was good at .not at the 1/4 mile ,i am just suprised at the sting the astra has .that's why we are going to the drag's together [the cas i have spoke of] it's gunner be interrestering i'm can't wait .:eek: need throttle body :eek::eek: i wanner do that & a remap first x my fingers.

b&b custom
16th May 2008, 11:55 PM

No worries can do be couple of meets though.

Work car blew head gasket DONE 240000[83 mazda 626 rwd relived & match ported intake & exhaust,exstractors & 2in system 32x36 webber carb, cam.] looks like it come from wreckers:D :D :dance:LITTLE SLEEPER GOOD FOR FUN.

:eek: going to be very busy boy :eek:

Keep'emRunning
17th May 2008, 11:15 AM

easy... then kiss pistons,gudgeons, rods and valves goodbye :D

Good luck though, let us know how you go!

CNBLU
17th May 2008, 11:34 AM

yes please enlighten some of us with your times

astrauturbo
17th May 2008, 01:21 PM
b&b custom, I think you got a bit to much faith in a 2.2l astra, I mean you
can get them fairly quick But getting that thing to 13sec you'll need to
stick a Turbo on it, and not the small k4 something bigger..

b&b custom
17th May 2008, 01:46 PM
easy... then kiss pistons,gudgeons, rods and valves goodbye :D

Good luck though, let us know how you go!

This is one thing that does worry me:( ;) it's an opel BUT GOT GM HEART:eek: ,will it hold together lik my jap eng's[toyota,nissan].

Could turn into a exspensive propersition been on net for hours researching thier capabilites.;)

b&b custom
17th May 2008, 02:20 PM

Yep man got no faith & don't like turbo's , :eek: gm eng:eek: If i ever force feed anything it is s/cing. Less lag & stress.

Wife,s project is sigma 2.6 ex turbo eng fitting a s/c running a 4 barrell 13b rotory carb in process now making manifold .CLASSIC not PLASTIC.now thats a sleeper.

Just a little on my back ground; I'm 43 been around car's since in my nappies i was one of those kid's that asked to many Q's, wanted to know everything & how it worked , speed's in the blood uncle was drag racer from 60,s & 70,s he run a 6.9 lt merc.
I have only posted these comments so that you have some idea that i know a little bit about eng building NOT TO RECEIVE A S*** load crittisisim

one2have
17th May 2008, 03:08 PM
Actually pretty interested to find out more about the suzuki 4x4 that can pop its front wheels up in 2nd gear. Are you pursuing that project further? Maybe finding a suitable drivetrain to deal with the extra grunt form the Corolla engine?

I'd be interested to see how you fast you run the Astra. It might put my scepticism (and others') to rest.

Good luck!

MatsHolden
17th May 2008, 06:04 PM
Have a look at the Chevrolet Cobalt, plenty of quick ones running around and runs the same engine. Might save you some dollars.

b&b custom
17th May 2008, 09:49 PM
:D now in process of fitting a A12 nissan eng , & heavy duty 5sp sunny g/box [import with eng] .Mod's are 1.2lt eng 1.4lt heaverly modded cyl head, 30/70 cam i also have 1.4lt factory twin carb cam.
Also 32x36 down draught webber carb will be changing to a 48mil delorto side draught & custom intake [:cool: grunt:clap:]
Sass racing seat's on susupension bottoms [spring's not gas] & slide adjustable. Koni adj gas shock's full custom harness & gauage's.:p
Custom tailshaft's ,31x10x15's tyres,e.t.c.
:dance: In the pipeline is CA20 twin spark nissan eng, nissan 84-88 720 4x4 remote transfer case & lsd diff's with shortened housing's & axle's.;)

:confused: gotter find a way aroun for that one;)
:p I have the motor already.:p

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/IMG_1114.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/IMG_1108.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/IMG_1101.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/IMG_1124.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/IMG_1121.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/IMG_1111.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/IMG_1104.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/IMG_1119.jpg

MAN I'M TO SLOW AT THIS:o

MatsHolden
17th May 2008, 09:53 PM
:angel: :dance: :clap: :eek: :( :p :o :) ;) :confused: :cool: :dance: :boohoo: :clap: :angel: :) :o ;) :clap: :mad:

Sorry. Had to be done.

b&b custom
17th May 2008, 09:57 PM
That's Allright I Like It :d

b&b custom
17th May 2008, 10:10 PM
DON'T NOW WHAT I DID THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN :D IT WON'T BE LONG MATE I'LL GET OVER THEM THIER CUTE.ONLY JUST STARTED DONING THIS REMERBER:D :D nephew was over & we were having a bit of a laugh .

b&b custom
17th May 2008, 10:14 PM
It's this N/A thing i seam to have ,but's it's in the back of the mind for later.

Wraith
18th May 2008, 01:48 PM

OR a NOS kit, will definitely do that for you ;)

Will have to eventually do some upgrading to engine internals to restore longevity, but that would be the easiest/cheapest way of getting an N/A 2.2 Astra into the 13's......:)