PDA

View Full Version : bailey dv26si-d b.o.v.

sadavidsriturbo
13th May 2008, 05:43 PM
just fitted a courtenay sport panel filter and opc plug cover and a bailey dv26si-d b.o.v. and i have to say im a little pissed it sounds like a little girl sneezing which is not cool can you make them louder ????

mr corsa
13th May 2008, 06:13 PM
wack more boost in it more boost more sound

sadavidsriturbo
13th May 2008, 06:32 PM
thanks for enlightening me with your wisdom that would be one of the obvious things..... i guess then its going to sound like a grown up sneezing has anyone fitted one them self??? any complaints other than mine???? any useful info would be great thanks
wack more boost in it more boost more sound

Ishley
13th May 2008, 06:53 PM
I have a Baileys BOV on my SRiT. I know when I had mine fitted, I made sure they closed the factory BOV. This could be why yours isnt too loud.

sadavidsriturbo
13th May 2008, 08:02 PM
yeah i heard somthing about that i just installed mine my self might take it past somewhere or did you know how they did it ?? thanks for that oh btw does it still sound like a sneeze????
I have a Baileys BOV on my SRiT. I know when I had mine fitted, I made sure they closed the factory BOV. This could be why yours isnt too loud.

OPC
13th May 2008, 10:30 PM
yep a mate of mine had a baileys BOV installed and it was like a tiny sneeze

CNBLU
13th May 2008, 11:18 PM
i have two words for you ONEWAY VALVE , you dont have to take out the spring from the OE dump valve just put a oneway valve in and this will make it 3-4 times louder.

Ishley
14th May 2008, 08:17 AM
yeah i heard somthing about that i just installed mine my self might take it past somewhere or did you know how they did it ?? thanks for that oh btw does it still sound like a sneeze????
I had mine installed at APC here is QLD, they are a well known performance place. They had to get the guy with the smallest hands to close off the OE valve, as the space down there is limited.

I have noticed the Bailey's sound is a bit more high pitched and a quick "blow off" compared to say the ones on a Skyline, or WRX etc...... It is still noticable, people still look when they hear it as you drive past and I can hear it clear as day in the cabin. But its not one that carries on for 12 minutes and goes a choo choo choo choo like others. Its a nice subtle one.

poita
14th May 2008, 08:46 AM
i have heard Ishleys BOV, i dont mind the sound of it.
when i go, i mean if i go forced induction i wouldnt mind it sounding like that.
its a descrete sound down low. but wen given a bit you know its there.
in short, me rikey bery much

SSS_Hoon
14th May 2008, 10:10 AM
got pics of where you have the BOV located?

SSS_Hoon

Calibrated
14th May 2008, 10:12 AM
i have a bailey's. i've been told by lots of girls i have a cute sneeze :D

hence my plates.. 47CHU :D

poita
14th May 2008, 10:13 AM
http://i15.tinypic.com/6p7j3vt.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/6ten0xi.jpg

Calibrated
14th May 2008, 10:15 AM
in hiding..

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v148/113/21/720120925/n720120925_637362_3361.jpg

sadavidsriturbo
14th May 2008, 09:27 PM
thanks for the help everybody:D

sooty
14th May 2008, 09:34 PM
Still sound like a sneeze? or sound sweet now?:)

luvpsi
14th May 2008, 10:09 PM
i have two words for you ONEWAY VALVE , you dont have to take out the spring from the OE dump valve just put a oneway valve in and this will make it 3-4 times louder.

what do you mean by oneway valve???

sadavidsriturbo
14th May 2008, 10:09 PM
it actually came with a spacer to jam the original b.o.v shut its just 3 bolts and swap the spring with the spacer but they don't mention it on the instructions because they don't recomend it apparently the stock b.o.v is run electronicly which on some cases can cause it to run a little rough and also vent back on its self thus decresing turbo life kinda not to worried about the turbo life going to put a bigger one on there soon but ill see if its rough but going to my brothers as he has tools at his place so ill let you know how it goes tomorrow thanks again O.A. members:D
Still sound like a sneeze? or sound sweet now?:)

poita
14th May 2008, 10:10 PM
and breathe...........

sadavidsriturbo
14th May 2008, 10:11 PM
yeah what do you mean by one way valve where is it fitted and who has them???

sadavidsriturbo
14th May 2008, 10:12 PM
excuse my punktuation from the ghetto
and breathe...........

luvpsi
14th May 2008, 10:22 PM
it actually came with a spacer to jam the original b.o.v shut its just 3 bolts and swap the spring with the spacer but they don't mention it on the instructions because they don't recomend it apparently the stock b.o.v is run electronicly which on some cases can cause it to run a little rough and also vent back on its self thus decresing turbo life kinda not to worried about the turbo life going to put a bigger one on there soon but ill see if its rough but going to my brothers as he has tools at his place so ill let you know how it goes tomorrow thanks again O.A. members:D

if its noise that you were after, then a pod filter style intake setup will fix your cravings;) it makes the OEM bov sound much louder than a bailey's one would

CNBLU
15th May 2008, 01:07 AM
what do you mean by oneway valve???

sorry should have made myself alot clearer.

instead of pulling apart your OE dump valve you just put a oneway valve in the vacuum hose just before the t-piece, the one that leads to the OE dump valve and this does the same job as putting a spacer in its place.

much easier job and will less head aches.

this is the set-up i will be using when i get mine done.

OPC
15th May 2008, 01:10 AM
if its noise that you were after, then a pod filter style intake setup will fix your cravings;) it makes the OEM bov sound much louder than a bailey's one would

yeah i was gunna post this, but ive done it so many times im over it...

CNBLU
15th May 2008, 01:11 AM
heres the link....

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54009&highlight=oneway+valve

sadavidsriturbo
16th May 2008, 02:19 AM
finished it today little bit of a nightmare putting in the spacer but had trouble finding a one way valve in adelaide no one knew what i was talking about and the ones that did didnt have any but for the people who helped with info thanks again
heres the link....

sadavidsriturbo
16th May 2008, 02:21 AM
well done ..........
yeah i was gunna post this, but ive done it so many times im over it...

OPC
16th May 2008, 10:09 PM
well done ..........

do you actually know what i was talking about mate ?

luvpsi
18th May 2008, 05:37 PM
heres the link....

thanks for the info;) it seems like a very clever set-up.

sadavidsriturbo
19th May 2008, 02:33 PM
if you were refering to a pod filter set up ect ect whats not to understand the whole point of this site is to help one another out so who really cares if your over it or not next time save your self the time and energy and keep it to your self......
do you actually know what i was talking about mate ?

OPC
19th May 2008, 02:45 PM
if you were refering to a pod filter set up ect ect whats not to understand the whole point of this site is to help one another out so who really cares if your over it or not next time save your self the time and energy and keep it to your self......

I did keep it to myself

i didnt bother to post it because you had already purchased a show off valve
so what was the use in telling you it would be cheaper to put a pod setup on
when you had already purchased the BOV

CNBLU
19th May 2008, 03:48 PM
i had an apexi pod filter set-up which did sound nuts but did make me bog down at take off after sitting at the lights for a bit. I know have an enclosed pod filter set-up so the only noise i get now is a giant roar:D .

Ive got the silicon hoses and tophat ready to be put on just looking for a cheap Baileys to come on ebay for me to snap it up.

Sometimes putting a pod on is not an option for some.

sadavidsriturbo
19th May 2008, 05:49 PM
thats all you had to say because nobody likes a smart ass:D

I did keep it to myself

i didnt bother to post it because you had already purchased a show off valve
so what was the use in telling you it would be cheaper to put a pod setup on
when you had already purchased the BOV

OPC
19th May 2008, 09:21 PM
thats all you had to say because nobody likes a smart ass:D

sorry... you dont know me very well though...

ask anyone here... im an asshole

poita
19th May 2008, 09:28 PM
its true
he is an asshole

OPC
19th May 2008, 09:37 PM
its true
he is an asshole

thank you... im here all day and night hehehehe