PDA

View Full Version : B Pillar Stickers - SRi

Groover
11th July 2004, 10:21 PM
I had only owned my SRi for about 3 weeks when I noticed the edge of one the "Carbon fibre" look-alike stickers on the B pillar starting to lift. I have since had to trim and "Bodge" up the edges on both sides of the car with black paint. Not only does this really P#ss me off but to simply get it fixed under warranty is a nightmare.

After all the crap work I have experienced when getting anything done by a Holden dealer, I am not likely to want them to strip and re-fit new stickers (like the crap factory ones) and in the process stuff up the window seals and door trim. This has been the only thing (so far) which has spoilt the enjoyment of owning and driving an otherwise fantastic little car.

I am new to these forums and I did search for this topic before posting this message. However I could not find anything on this issue and wondered if any other SRi owners have experienced this problem and more importantly what they have done about it.

Right now I am thinking that I will wait until I can't stand it any longer and then just take the stupid things off or maybe paint the B piller black.

Jass
12th July 2004, 07:02 AM
Ive had the same problem with the carbon fibre sticker, just took it to holden and they replaced it under warranty

Groover
12th July 2004, 07:49 AM
Are you happy with the job they did?

How long since they replaced them?

Does it look like the same problem will reoccur?

dannysport18
12th July 2004, 08:27 AM
take it back it takes 10 mins to fit a new set very easy to sort out

Jass
12th July 2004, 10:13 AM
They replaced the drivers side and it took two weeks for them to get the part in. Also the passengers side is doing it now so i will take the car back there again.

BoostedAstra
12th July 2004, 12:50 PM
Yep I had both mine done less than two months after first purchase(they came from the factory all scratched up). Holden don't do it themselves on site, mine was taken to HSV auth repairer in Brisbane (which happens to be my smash repair/paint anything guy) and it was done then, now almost 12 months on, no problems.....

BA

RK
12th July 2004, 01:23 PM
where can you get these stickers from?
i wanna do the same to my Vectra.

Rhino
12th July 2004, 01:57 PM
So it is just the ones that come from factory that crease?

Once they are replaced they're good as gold yeah?

Mr T
12th July 2004, 04:18 PM
yeah, I had the same problem. I was worried about taking it back too, but I think I will now.

Groover
12th July 2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks fellas... your comments have been very helpful. I'm glad I am not the only one having this problem.

dannysport18
12th July 2004, 08:01 PM
the ones for the vertra you can buy them from parts

M40COO
12th July 2004, 08:57 PM
They are a nightmare to fit.
Very hard to tuck it under the window seal.

RK
12th July 2004, 08:58 PM
dannysport18: where? because aus vectras never came with them.