PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Recent Holden New Car Deals

sunny
10th July 2004, 07:34 PM
Interesting tactics from holden ditching the alloy wheels, colour code mirror covers and door handles to cut cost

http://prod.holdenr3.e-gm.net///images/uploads/Barina3drLatestOffers1089231854557.jpg

Just $13,990 + on-road costs

including AIR CONDITIONING

BARINA 3 Door

1.4 Litre DOHC engine
Front power windows
6 speaker Blaupunkt CD stereo
Wheel mounted stereo controls
Remote central locking
Dual airbags
Offer ends 31/8/04. Displayed price is the max. Sale Price for MY04.5 Barina 3 Door manual. Metallic paint extra on some vehicles. On-road costs means Dealer Delivery & Govt charges. Govt, Rental, Fleet & Special Contract pricing not available on this offer.

sunny
10th July 2004, 07:37 PM
Same with astras too... what happen to the 92kw as advertise before??? lotus tuned suspension (fancy mumbo jumbo?!?!) and ditched the alloys

http://prod.holdenr3.e-gm.net///images/uploads/AstraClassicLatestOffers1089231887537.jpg

Just $18,990 + on-road costs

incl. AIR CONDITIONING

ASTRA CLASSIC

1.8 Litre 90kW engine
Lotus Tuned suspension
Remote central locking
Dual airbags
Steering wheel height & reach adjust
Offer ends 31/8/04. Displayed price is the max. sale price for Astra Classic manual. Metallic paint extra on some vehicles. On-road costs means Dealer Delivery & Govt charges. Govt, Rental, Fleet & Special Contract pricing not available on this offer.

ultim8DTM5
10th July 2004, 08:57 PM
Poverty packs

dug74
10th July 2004, 10:03 PM
Interesting tactics from holden ditching the alloy wheels, colour code mirror covers and door handles to cut cost

http://prod.holdenr3.e-gm.net///images/uploads/Barina3drLatestOffers1089231854557.jpg

Just $13,990 + on-road costs

including AIR CONDITIONING

BARINA 3 Door

1.4 Litre DOHC engine
Front power windows
Wheel mounted stereo controls
Remote central locking
Dual airbags
Offer ends 31/8/04. Displayed price is the max. Sale Price for MY04.5 Barina 3 Door manual. Metallic paint extra on some vehicles. On-road costs means Dealer Delivery & Govt charges. Govt, Rental, Fleet & Special Contract pricing not available on this offer.

You forgot to add they ditched the 4 wheel disc as well for rear drums :cry:

sunny
10th July 2004, 10:16 PM

is that the version you brought recently?

dug74
10th July 2004, 10:55 PM

is that the version you brought recently?

you betcha...i was sad..but i fixed it with 10 spoke chrome 17" :lol:

anicorsa
11th July 2004, 12:12 AM
If those prices were around when i bought my car, i'd probably have an Astra... :?

Anonymous
12th July 2004, 06:01 PM
it going to kill our resale value

DrDevil
12th July 2004, 09:16 PM
it going to kill our resale value
yeah, it sucks. stupid holden.

Dee
12th July 2004, 09:23 PM
yeha i jsut saw the barina on eon the tv...... very interesting...

the disclaimer on the tv said "excludes SXi model..." they only showed the 3 door barina and the SRi would be more than the SXi..... what the....

DrDevil
12th July 2004, 09:27 PM
yeha i jsut saw the barina on eon the tv...... very interesting...

the disclaimer on the tv said "excludes SXi model..." they only showed the 3 door barina and the SRi would be more than the SXi..... what the....
which ad was this donna?

funny how there is no mention of the 3 and 5 door barinas on the holden website, they still have the SXI, CD and SRi

sir-sri
12th July 2004, 09:30 PM
Soon the astra and barina will both be replaced by all new models which will be a bit higher up the food chain, basically exactly what happened with the Vectra. The current one is in a different class to the previous model, and it trashed their sales for a while.

What they are planning to do is keep selling these base models at these very cheap prices, while the new version will come in higher up in the price range with the various different models you would expect. I don't know how long they will do it for, but it will stop them getting stung with poor sales as per what happened when the new and much more expensive vectra launched.

Makes sense, but it will surely confuse the "general public" to see these od pod pov packs being sold next to newer models. No one will want the old ones because they are, well, old, and the new ones will be more expensive than people want to pay....

See what happens....

Dee
12th July 2004, 09:30 PM
a barina add on the tv... on channel 7... like 15 mins ago max.....

"brand new barina for $13,990 drive away...... blah blah blah"

AndiesRefuge
12th July 2004, 09:37 PM
gonna kill our resale? are you serious? its gonna make it better!@#$

we've got more features than what sells currently! go the 02/03 SRI.

i'm selling mine soon

DrDevil
12th July 2004, 09:43 PM
well, at least they have the sence of removing the SXI and CD badges, hopefully that will retain some of the resale value

Jass
13th July 2004, 07:31 AM
Funny how holden are trying to get rid of there old astra stock, when the H is just around the corner :P

dug74
13th July 2004, 04:54 PM
well you will be glad to know, Holden is releasing the Astra CLASSIC next month to prepare for the *H* model.

Basically i was told today its the CD model with ABS and electric and 15" steelies :(

This is the base model for when the *H* is released.

Seems stupid to have an old model in the new astra lineup, but its all for $$$ like sir-sri said.

The astra classic will be priced from $19,990...same as the old city price.