PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a little something today :)

blueraven
26th April 2008, 09:32 PM
Did a little shopping today..
Oh and got engaged as well...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6996/p1040856qa0.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7889/p1040859tu7.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1411/p1040862pk5.jpg
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5140/p1040861rw4.jpg

Dee
26th April 2008, 09:37 PM
GET YOUR ASS OFF THE PAINTWORK

Very nice Nik ;)

blueraven
26th April 2008, 09:42 PM
my ass on my paintwork = ok

anyone elses ass better be able to outrun a madman with a crowbar :)

GreyRex
26th April 2008, 09:45 PM
Congrats on getting engaged. Not a fan of the car, but i hope you enjoy

SIMid
26th April 2008, 10:05 PM
Congrats on getting engaged. Not a fan of the car, but i hope you enjoy

*LOL*

Same, but I am surprised your allowed to upgrade before the wedding! This current STi does nothing for me either. Mechanically brilliant, but bowlfish rear end and 4x4 mirrors not my taste.

blueraven
26th April 2008, 10:08 PM
have you seen what the mirrors do? ;)

Ice
26th April 2008, 10:26 PM
IZ nice !

i woulnt be complaining but how on earth did your missus let you buy it ? haha

USC
26th April 2008, 10:37 PM
Very nice purchase! congrats mate! Hope you enjoy your new baby.

ps: Im not a fan of the interior..subarus tend to look cheap and nasty..check out the air vents..:p

Vectracious
26th April 2008, 10:40 PM
:D

Great choice Nik - when do you pick it up?

And congrats on the engagement too - you must be a real operator to be able to get the car when you're supposed to be concentratig on getting THE ring!! :p

USC
26th April 2008, 10:42 PM
And congrats on the engagement too - you must be a real operator to be able to get the car when you're supposed to be concentratig on getting THE ring!! :p

may be that was the ring;)

Vectracious
26th April 2008, 10:44 PM
may be that was the ring;)

then his fiancee needs to speak to my wife ASAP! ;) :D

95' GSI
26th April 2008, 10:49 PM
nice and congrats.

USC
26th April 2008, 10:57 PM
I see heaps of people are moving away from Holden.:p

bornwild
26th April 2008, 11:15 PM
Congrats on the car mate!!

Not so sure about the engagement :p

blueraven
27th April 2008, 12:28 AM
I see heaps of people are moving away from Holden.:p

Holden doesnt have anything to offer someone who wants a cutting edge sports car.

On the air vents.. i agree, they are the obly thing i noticed that i didnt like....:boohoo:

USC
27th April 2008, 01:02 AM
hehe:p . The sti is one mean machine though!! when do you take delivery? did u get white?

blueraven
27th April 2008, 09:04 AM
i pick up that exact car tomoro. Brand new STI with nav option in alpine white :D

managed to talk about 7k off the price :)

KID_SRi
27th April 2008, 09:08 AM
Congratulation on your Engagement Nik.
The Current Rex has grown on me, Top Purchase Mate.

xplosv57
27th April 2008, 10:16 AM
Congrats on the engagement and new purchase, so does this mean the Astra has finally been traded???

USC
27th April 2008, 10:26 AM
Sat Nav!!! very nice!!:D Is it a pearl white...I love that colour.

RobCDX
27th April 2008, 10:55 AM
gratz on the new car and all the best with ur engagement/marriage!

hehe did you get the car before u proposed, coz i think that's the only way u could've pulled it off... "honey im home, with a new car! and will u marry me?"

phtm
27th April 2008, 11:23 AM
Congtats on the engagement and the car!

ROCCO
27th April 2008, 12:15 PM
mate well done on the purchase....as for the engagement...well...i've been married now for 2 years...being engaged was great...then you get married...enjoy the car while you can mate....lol...won't be long before your walking everywhere and the missus claims it as her own

glider
27th April 2008, 12:58 PM
this thing better be at the next OA cruise so we can drool all over it

grats mate

nadg63
27th April 2008, 01:53 PM
So what have Subaru come up with concerning the dodgy turbo 2.5L's they put a release out about not so long ago?

EL BURITO
27th April 2008, 02:24 PM
Nice mate, well done

chrissn89
27th April 2008, 02:27 PM
Congrats man on both the engagement and new car, LOVING THE NEW STI's :D

blueraven
27th April 2008, 02:51 PM
hehe did you get the car before u proposed, coz i think that's the only way u could've pulled it off... "honey im home, with a new car! and will u marry me?"

Nope, trick is to propose and while she is reeling in shock and dazzled by diamonds you quickly go and buy a car before she realises whats goin on :D

mate well done on the purchase....as for the engagement...well...i've been married now for 2 years...being engaged was great...then you get married...enjoy the car while you can mate....lol...won't be long before your walking everywhere and the missus claims it as her own

I'd like to see her try it :p

this thing better be at the next OA cruise so we can drool all over it

grats mate

Indeed.

So what have Subaru come up with concerning the dodgy turbo 2.5L's they put a release out about not so long ago?

This one is from a batch that wasnt affected, but even so they have released the test procedure and fix a week or two ago for those that were in the affected batch.

Ishley
27th April 2008, 03:04 PM
Congratulations on the purchase of your new wife...... er ummm.... I mean new car!

Im sure both will turn out to be a pleasurable experiance. With many mods to both to come in the future.

OPC
27th April 2008, 03:34 PM
nice car and the best colour ever...but your fiance leaning against the car needs to lose a few pounds though ;)

blueraven
27th April 2008, 04:08 PM
nice car and the best colour ever...but your fiance leaning against the car needs to lose a few pounds though ;)

Hahaha...bite me :P

(though i do plan on losing about 10kg's this year...been waaaay too slack the last few years.)

DirtyHarry
27th April 2008, 05:15 PM
car doesnt look too bad, im just not a fan of the rear lights i guess.
also how can you afford the petrol cost for that car?
your going to have to run it with 95RON and it will chew petrol like a V8

EL BURITO
27th April 2008, 05:35 PM
your going to have to run it with 95RON

as a minimum.

blueraven
27th April 2008, 05:36 PM
buddy i havent filled up with anything less than 98 octane in 5 years.

and i think you will find that its only marginally worse on fuel than an astra, once its got a custom tune like my astra, the efficiency will be great :)

Besides, i just bought a 65k+ sports car, do you think the cost of fuel bothers me all that much?

OPC
27th April 2008, 05:39 PM
Besides, i just bought a 65k+ sports car,

thats not a car... it's a weapon

bornwild
27th April 2008, 05:59 PM
Have fun with the drive settings, they make a world of difference in that STi. It's a crap sports car on the normal setting but put sport mode on and it's a completely different car!

USC
27th April 2008, 08:03 PM
thats not a car... it's a weapon

my weapon is bigger than yours.:p

poita
27th April 2008, 09:22 PM
nice nik, very nice indeed.
congrats on the new car, and congrats on the engagemnet.
you will only hear about weddings until it happens, trust me on that!
2 questions
what funky things do teh mirrors do?
wat mods u got planned already?

OPC
27th April 2008, 09:40 PM
my weapon is bigger than yours.:p

ok luke skywanker you win ;)

Noir
27th April 2008, 09:46 PM
Congratulations on your engagement Nik :D

Oh and nice new car.

USC
27th April 2008, 10:30 PM
ok luke skywanker you win ;)
:D and it shines in the dark.

OPC
27th April 2008, 11:19 PM
:D and it shines in the dark.

so your coming to the dark side my son

Shaun
28th April 2008, 01:26 AM
Nice purchase there BR. I seen some today @ Eastern creek parked out side the Subaru National Training centre (one Blue two Silver) 1st time i have seen one close up and i must say they quite nice. I like them alot .
Did you test drive one BR? Hows the SI-Drive feel when you use it ?

Also congrats on the Engagement.

Shaun
28th April 2008, 01:33 AM
also how can you afford the petrol cost for that car?
your going to have to run it with 95RON and it will chew petrol like a V8

buddy i havent filled up with anything less than 98 octane in 5 years.

and i think you will find that its only marginally worse on fuel than an astra, once its got a custom tune like my astra, the efficiency will be great :)

Besides, i just bought a 65k+ sports car, do you think the cost of fuel bothers me all that much?

+1 to the Fuelling up with less then 98 RON for 5 years. (unless not avaliable at the time)

and +1 to the cooment about the 65+ Sports car and the cost of fuel bothering you...

shoey85
28th April 2008, 08:08 AM
congratulations to you nick on the engagement.

Thought you were looking at EVO?

Like the STI though Very nice!

Apex
28th April 2008, 08:31 AM
Nope, trick is to propose and while she is reeling in shock and dazzled by diamonds you quickly go and buy a car before she realises whats goin on :D

I'd like to see her try it :p

Indeed.

This one is from a batch that wasnt affected, but even so they have released the test procedure and fix a week or two ago for those that were in the affected batch.

Good stuff, congratulations.

Buy a women an engagement ring and shell let you get a new STI! Awesome, Im already engaged so im stuck with the Astra for a while!

Looks good in white with the five spokes, much better than the EVO in the steal.

SSS_Hoon
28th April 2008, 08:53 AM
I do like the Suby white and the new WRX is growing on me that is for sure, just the interior that is letting it down for me, that being said i think we will end up with a Lib GT-B or the STi in the future as a *cough* family*cough* car.

Congrats on both the car and the thumb print m8. Njoi them both while the good times last......

SSS_Hoon

btm
28th April 2008, 08:56 AM
congrats all round

blueraven
28th April 2008, 09:52 AM
I do like the Suby white and the new WRX is growing on me that is for sure, just the interior that is letting it down for me, that being said i think we will end up with a Lib GT-B or the STi in the future as a *cough* family*cough* car.

Congrats on both the car and the thumb print m8. Njoi them both while the good times last......

SSS_Hoon

yeah i almost went for the liberty, its a damn nice car.

maybe when we do have a family i will trade mine in on one ;)

btm
28th April 2008, 10:00 AM
so did you end up trading in the astra? or still going to sell it privately?

blueraven
28th April 2008, 11:56 AM
i didnt trade it, so keep an eye out people, still offering the $250 spotters fee to anyone who puts me in touch with a buyer :)

oneightoo
28th April 2008, 12:11 PM
nice buy dude :D

USC
28th April 2008, 12:38 PM
u could always give it to your wife;)

Wraith
28th April 2008, 03:16 PM
Did a little shopping today..
Oh and got engaged as well...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6996/p1040856qa0.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7889/p1040859tu7.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1411/p1040862pk5.jpg
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5140/p1040861rw4.jpg

OH WOW !!!

Congratulations Nik on both the car acquisition and your engagement :clap:

Great choice, I think you and I are the only 2 people on this forum who would buy one of these :) great choice too with the white, I too love it in that colour :)

I'll bet you can't wait to do a bit of tune on that thing - TBE and ecu tune should see you close to 300kw :D

I'm sure there'll be plenty of other aftermarket goodies for these in the not too distant future :)

Enjoy and tell us what she's like to drive...

And all the very best of luck to you and the missus in the future :)

USC
28th April 2008, 03:20 PM
why would you want more KW? its already got enough..haha

blueraven
28th April 2008, 03:22 PM
Ange/wraith,
i hope you see this in time. If you want a black one, search carsales(used cars private sale, there is only one), i looked at it on friday before buying the white one(preferred the white.). its in perfect condition with 900km on it, and the guy called me about an hour ago and told me i can have it for 55k, thats a 10k saving from drive away price. problem is he said he was at the dealer about to trade it in, so if you want it, search and call FAST.

blueraven
28th April 2008, 03:24 PM
why would you want more KW? its already got enough..haha

you must get that cheap crack they make out of paint thinners, not the regular kind.

btm
28th April 2008, 03:29 PM
its in perfect condition with 900km on it, and the guy called me about an hour ago and told me i can have it for 55k, thats a 10k saving from drive away price. problem is he said he was at the dealer about to trade it in, so if you want it, search and call FAST.

any idea why he was getting rid of it?

blueraven
28th April 2008, 03:40 PM
any idea why he was getting rid of it?

yeah, he said he had a huge change to his finacial situation ( i think he got sacked) and had to sell the car before the 30th april..(the next payment).

btm
28th April 2008, 03:47 PM
damn that's got to suck... poor bloke

Wraith
29th April 2008, 11:13 AM
Ange/wraith,
i hope you see this in time. If you want a black one, search carsales(used cars private sale, there is only one), i looked at it on friday before buying the white one(preferred the white.). its in perfect condition with 900km on it, and the guy called me about an hour ago and told me i can have it for 55k, thats a 10k saving from drive away price. problem is he said he was at the dealer about to trade it in, so if you want it, search and call FAST.

Thanks for the heads up Nik :)

But if I get one, I've settled on it being either white like yours or the red - like them both equally :)

Also it won't be til at least mid next year or so, I'm in the process of setting and starting up my own company practice, it'll be much wiser financially if I leave it til then :)

Look forward to your progress with it, congrats again, IMHO you have the hottest/best/highest performance hatch in the market ATM :)

And yeah USC, stop sniffing cheap crack LOL :D this car has everything that just calls for more power, so easily done and can easily handle it too - so why the hell not ??? :)

I have a feeling BR's gonna be getting around 'alot quicker' than before :D

blueraven
29th April 2008, 12:12 PM
trust me, red looks crap in real life :(

USC
29th April 2008, 01:15 PM
yeh..I need to get myself some of the expensive stuff to sniff:D ...

Red does not look seem to good on subaru`s in general...but be a shape thing..

Wraith
29th April 2008, 08:17 PM
trust me, red looks crap in real life :(

mmmm interesting opinion on the red Nik, I've only seen the one, it was on the road being driven and as it went past, it looked pretty good to me...

It's a darker shade of red compared to most reds out there, when I saw it, it was an overcast day, not sure if that makes much of a difference, I'll have to suss the colours out again when the time comes - if it comes, my missus is still pushing me towards something more 'exotic' LOL like an Audi TT or maybe the new Beemer 135i ... :rolleyes:

I still want a hi-po hatch for an everyday ride and IMHO there's nothing better out there than the new Sti !!! :)

blueraven
29th April 2008, 08:57 PM
mmmm interesting opinion on the red Nik, I've only seen the one, it was on the road being driven and as it went past, it looked pretty good to me...
:)

Wait till you see a white one ;) :D

MitchSRi
29th April 2008, 11:05 PM
Congrats on both the car and the wife to be blueraven.

Whilst I adored the previous model WRXs (have driven one a number of timees rallystyle before now) I just can't love the hatch rexy anymore.

Yes its a weapon, yes it handles like a gokart on speed, but I just cant like the styling or interior.

Wraith
30th April 2008, 11:07 AM
Congrats on both the car and the wife to be blueraven.

Whilst I adored the previous model WRXs (have driven one a number of timees rallystyle before now) I just can't love the hatch rexy anymore.

Yes its a weapon, yes it handles like a gokart on speed, but I just cant like the styling or interior.

That's fair enough, each to his own... :)

For me it's the exact opposite, I've never liked the styling or interiors of any of the previous models, always wanted to buy one, for the performance and handling prowess, but couldn't get over the poxy cheap and boy racer looks...

Both Subaru and Mitsubishi have changed direction on this aspect and did expect a different demographic to appreciate it - it's worked IMHO...sales of the new types are very strong thus far and it is being taken up by alot of people who've never owned one before, especially the new Evo 10...

I'm a member of several Evo forums and most (around 8 in 10 peeps in one dedicated Evo 10 forum) who are buying the new Evo 10 have not owned any of the previous models, because they've never liked their styling, until now :)

Tfer
30th April 2008, 11:16 AM
Congrats Nik on the engagement, the purchase and the deal you negotiated.... hope you have many years of happy wedded bliss and enjoyable motoring :cool:

rusole21
30th April 2008, 02:19 PM
Great choice, I think you and I are the only 2 people on this forum who would buy one of these :) great choice too with the white, I too love it in that colour :)

Ah hem... I think you forgot the guy that has had many typing fights with people about how great these cars are. Id have one in a second!

Well done Nik! Like i said on P wrx, Knew you would get one.

Wraith
30th April 2008, 02:33 PM
Ah hem... I think you forgot the guy that has had many typing fights with people about how great these cars are. Id have one in a second!

Well done Nik! Like i said on P wrx, Knew you would get one.

Sorry Rusole forgot about you :)

Yes you and even Pete (Vectracious) would have one :)

I think the majority of peeps here who bag them, are clearly aware of their superiority over the competion, they're either being biased or totally closed minded (look at the reaction to the new GTR, totally superior, but alot of people choose to remain in denial LOL), their loss I say ;) don't even bother with the wannabe keyboard warriors...

However people who genuinely don't like the looks of it, that's a fair point to not want one...

Vectracious
30th April 2008, 04:54 PM
Sorry Rusole forgot about you :)

Yes you and even Pete (Vectracious) would have one :)

So that makes 4 of us here then?

I would love a 08STi, however I reckon next car will be a Lib wagon - you know for the kids :rolleyes:

blueraven
30th April 2008, 06:24 PM
you should see the new liberty sti wagon :D

Vectracious
30th April 2008, 09:23 PM
you should see the new liberty sti wagon :D

I saw a tuned by STi sedan at the Docklands showroom last week when I took mine for service......

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/Vectracious/Opelaus/Forum%20Pics/drooling_homer-712749.png

aza28
30th April 2008, 09:45 PM
congrats on the engagement mate. i saw one of these last week in black and it definitely made my head turn... in white looks even better. My only criticism is i'm not a fan of the STi wheels - BBS wheels on Spec R a lot nicer.

USC
30th April 2008, 09:57 PM
I think this forum should be called SubaruAus.com

Vectracious
30th April 2008, 10:00 PM

:rolleyes: relax, Nik now makes 3 out of about 1500 active members that drive URABUS's..... far from a takeover. :p :D

Wraith
1st May 2008, 09:36 AM

It's all good to have an interest in ALL types of cars :)

Afterall, despite this being an Opel forum, I'm confident most of us here are 'car enthusiasts' not Opel only car freaks...how sad would that be if you only liked Opels LOL :)

I'm a member on numerous forums and even on the most die hard sites, most peeps there have fav. choices other than the forum brand :)

rusole21
1st May 2008, 02:35 PM
It's all good to have an interest in ALL types of cars :)

Afterall, despite this being an Opel forum, I'm confident most of us here are 'car enthusiasts' not Opel only car freaks...how sad would that be if you only liked Opels LOL :)

I'm a member on numerous forums and even on the most die hard sites, most peeps there have fav. choices other than the forum brand :)
I agree! Im not die hard subaru either! I just like some of their cars. Love the new sti. One car im thinkin about gettin is an 05 or 06 club spec wrx. Love the leather, sunroof and all in a sweet car. Best of both worlds.

Well done Nik! Love it!:D

astrauturbo
2nd May 2008, 10:19 AM
Congratz on both the car and engagement. the STI is a engineering wonder.
I cant say the same for the styling. But thats one mans opinion. Anyway How
does it compare to your astra?? quicker slower better handling?? feel us in?

I still think you made a mistake getting a rexy. EVO is the way to go ;)

blueraven
2nd May 2008, 10:22 AM
better handling but its different, about the same speed as the astra...for now ;)

Wraith
2nd May 2008, 11:13 AM
I still think you made a mistake getting a rexy. EVO is the way to go ;)

True that - but then there's the cost and the wait for an Evo... ;)

And you've got to like the new 'bulbous' 4 door sedan layout too...

My pick would be the Ralliart - almost as much car for 1/2 to 2/3 the price ;)

Wraith
2nd May 2008, 11:19 AM
better handling but its different, about the same speed as the astra...for now ;)

Can you ellaborate BR :)

By same speed, do you mean rolling speed/acceleration ??

I assume the take off speed/acceleration of the Sti would murder your TS ??

Stock standard the new Sti is good for a mid to low 13sec 1/4 mile run :)

blueraven
2nd May 2008, 01:01 PM
Off the mark naturally the sti will leave 95% of car on the road for dead.

when rolling tho i would say my astra is definately quicker :) ( of course it should be with 30kw more power, lighter car and less transmission loss ;) )

but not THAT much quicker. might just be the feel of things, because the sti is deceptively fast & smooth :D

Wraith
2nd May 2008, 01:15 PM
might just be the feel of things, because the sti is deceptively fast & smooth :D

I think that's exactly what it is :)

What does it sound like both at part throttle and when gunned ???

In reviews they say it definitely has a noticeable 'rex rumble' when driven hard, unlike the standard Wrx, which is dead quiet...even when thrashed...

The one I spotted driving past was also dead quiet, but it was just coasting along...

I know an aftermarket zorst will change things, but just wondering what the stock system is like :)

USC
2nd May 2008, 03:01 PM
is the sti faster than a HSV senator? or fpv v6 turbo? ...off the line.

Apex
2nd May 2008, 03:11 PM

Depends on your relationship with your clutch, if it’s an abusive one, hell yes.

Also F6 has a straight six and the Senator isn’t the fastest Holden... The F6 would have the STI from 80kph onwards I would imagine

blueraven
2nd May 2008, 03:23 PM

its faster off the line and everywhere else. holden/ford = :boohoo:

Wraith
2nd May 2008, 03:57 PM
its faster off the line and everywhere else. holden/ford = :boohoo:

If thrashed and/or bombed off the line, it should be quicker than just about any other car out of the box - the current VE SS or HSV will run it down over a 1/4 mile run though !!!

I've driven the new HSV GTS, it's awesome and can turn a 13.5 without even breaking a sweat, time after time...

The new upcoming F6 FPV turbo 6 will eat a stock Sti however in a straight line :( it's capable of sub 5's to 100km/h and is said to be capable of high 12's for the 1/4...looks like becoming one of the quickest cars around as is off the showroom floor when they're released, along with the new HSV 427...

BR sorry to ask again, but what's the exhaust note like and how loud/noticeable is it ??? :)

blueraven
2nd May 2008, 04:44 PM
You havent been doing your research ang ;)

pretty sure it was edmunds, but an american show reviewed the STi and showed it doing 0-60mph in 4.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 13.3 ;) i have seen the same results on a japanese show also on youtube :) even tiff needle on top gear said the new STI will do 0-60mph in 4.8 :)

guys with nothing more than a cobb/perrin flash from the us are getting over 200kw at the wheels and pulling low 4 second 0-60mph and mid/high 12's.

exhaust note is great, has the subaru bora boro and lauren explain it best when i floored in on the freeway in reference to the whole engine/exhaust noise "Sounds like a jet taking off!" haha. exhaust isnt that lound from iside the car, but lauren say its reasonably loud from outside, but not as loud as my astra by far.

Wraith
2nd May 2008, 05:06 PM
You havent been doing your research ang ;)

pretty sure it was edmunds, but an american show reviewed the STi and showed it doing 0-60mph in 4.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 13.3 ;) i have seen the same results on a japanese show also on youtube :) even tiff needle on top gear said the new STI will do 0-60mph in 4.8 :)

guys with nothing more than a cobb/perrin flash from the us are getting over 200kw at the wheels and pulling low 4 second 0-60mph and mid/high 12's.

exhaust note is great, has the subaru bora boro and lauren explain it best when i floored in on the freeway in reference to the whole engine/exhaust noise "Sounds like a jet taking off!" haha. exhaust isnt that lound from iside the car, but lauren say its reasonably loud from outside, but not as loud as my astra by far.

True that with all the above BR :)

I was just going off what the latest mag reports I've read of our AUDM Sti saying it did 0-100km/h in 5.1sec...

I'm sure it's probably quicker :)

And COBB tuning is definitely one good place to get some tuning stuff from :)

It's their demo car that's turning mid 12's with minor mods as you've noted above - I'd be talking to them for sure if I had one :)

Thanks for the brief on the exhaust, sounds pretty good :)

Just keep an eye out for those new (ugly) soon to be released FPV turbo 6's, they will be a surprise package...

USC
2nd May 2008, 07:13 PM
surprisingly..the new ford falcon turbo saloon (whatever they call it) is faster than the new XR6 turbo!! I wouldnt mind having one of those monsters!:D

blueraven
2nd May 2008, 07:56 PM
True that with all the above BR :)

I was just going off what the latest mag reports I've read of our AUDM Sti saying it did 0-100km/h in 5.1sec...

I'm sure it's probably quicker :)...

motor and wheels magazine's do their tests with a full tank and a passenger...:mad:

Apex
3rd May 2008, 08:03 AM
But the Ausi spec STI are slower :rolleyes:

Wouldn’t be hard to get it back up to spec though, im sure a remap. Exhaust and intake would have it doing high 12’s.

This looks ok.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-153285007.htm

blueraven
3rd May 2008, 08:50 AM
nope, aussie spec and us/uk spec are identical :)

its nly japan that gets the 2.0l ;)

kabel
3rd May 2008, 10:04 AM
Latest issue of EVO mag has an STi vs Lambo
Good read
Also see latest issue of Perormance Tuner
Tuned Sti producing 365bhp and 350 lb ft
tweaked via UK Tuner..........see lichfieldimports.co.uk .
Oh and the Sti on the cover of EVO is white !

Apex
5th May 2008, 07:09 AM
How many KW’s does Ausi spec pack? Sorry I was just assuming it was watered down like most Ausi Subaru’s have been in the past.

Something to do with gas stations in the out back :confused:

Wraith
5th May 2008, 08:59 AM
How many KW’s does Ausi spec pack? Sorry I was just assuming it was watered down like most Ausi Subaru’s have been in the past.

Something to do with gas stations in the out back :confused:

AUDM = 221kw - 407nm, ie: as advertised, it's always more ;)

Yes impressive figures and I believe well under what it actually has :)

From dynoed Sti's I've seen, the power is more like 240kw and around 440nm.

But yes as has been said I've seen/read a TBE and re-map = around 220kw at all 4 corners with around 510nm at the fly, enough for high to mid 12sec runs and the best handling in it's class too = King of the hot hatches :D

astrauturbo
5th May 2008, 03:00 PM
Always though that EVO was better at handling and the STI was a tad bit
quicker in the straight??

Wraith
5th May 2008, 04:05 PM
Always though that EVO was better at handling and the STI was a tad bit
quicker in the straight??

New Evo 10 vs new Sti with regards to handling - most reviews have given the vote to the Evo 10, however alot of them also say that 'the fun' has largely been taken out by the massive presence of the sophisticated on board electronics of the new Evo...still there's not much in it, the new Sti is described as fantastic in terms of handling :)

New Evo 10 vs new Sti with regards to speed - yep Sti is quicker in straight and on most tracks it's been tested against the new Evo, makes sense as it has a far better power/weight ratio :)

As always with mods, it'll vary greatly...

Good news for people with either one of these, is 1st that they both respond extremely well to power mods and 2nd there is a plethora of such mods already available for them...

An example of the Sti's response to exhaust and re-map already listed above, as for the Evo, a TBE (turbo back exhaust) 'only' releases up to 62kw of extra power :eek: I think the new 4B11 is a worthy successor to the old powerplant...

blueraven
5th May 2008, 04:36 PM
There has never really been much between the evo and the sti, the track times for each generation have always been almost identical, with sti and evo trading first places along the way.

the current generation, the sti is quicker in a straight line(its lighter and has more power, and this has been confirmed by a few tests) but for every test between the two that you see the sti a winner, you will find just as many with the evo as the winner. But guess what, the evo isnt out here, and who knows when it will be, the keep delaying the release.

Most of the time you just cjose whichever one you thought looked better, a normal driver would find it hard to say which was the better car :)

USC
5th May 2008, 09:14 PM
dont u think the EVO looks better though? wide body, mean front, sedan, etc...

xplosv57
5th May 2008, 09:35 PM

Well he bought the Suby so obviously not!!

Hope you're happy with the purchase Nik, that's all that counts!!

I mean who drives their car at the limit all the time to notice the milliseconds difference between the 2 cars??

coyotte
5th May 2008, 09:51 PM
when all else fails...
You can sleep in ya car, but you carn't drive ya house.

Best wishes on both your purchases...

USC
5th May 2008, 10:37 PM
Well he bought the Suby so obviously not!!

I mean who drives their car at the limit all the time to notice the milliseconds difference between the 2 cars??

sometimes, I buy what I can afford and not just based on looks....

OPC
5th May 2008, 11:43 PM
I LIKE ALL OF THEM, THEY ARE A TUNERS DREAM **sorry caps**

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1vBN6c9yY0o

Apex
6th May 2008, 07:27 AM

TBH I have thoroughly investigated both and got up close and personal… My vote goes to the STI as it has a certain menace about it that has but all been taken away from the Evolution, also the STI makes you feel a bit special as they have put a lot more effort into making it truly stand out from the rest of the range, the detailing on both exterior and interior is nice.. The Mitsubishi fells like, well a Mitsubishi, a way to go from A-B quickly in a clinical sterile environment.

Interiors make or break a car for me as that is where you spend your time. You cant speed all that often so the little details interest me more.

:)

Black Nugget
6th May 2008, 08:55 AM
awesome purchase man congrats:clap:

also, for all those interested, found a new video by autocar, comparing scoobie and Evo

STI is faster everywhere but they still take the evo:confused:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/Videos.aspx?AR=232480&CT=V

Wraith
6th May 2008, 09:49 AM

+1

Totally agree, I believe he's really enjoying himself and so would anyone else with a new Sti :)

It is as previously mentioned, at the top of the food chain so far as hatches are concerned :)

SSS_Hoon
6th May 2008, 09:53 AM
I believe that Subaru moved the WRX into a hatch style of car due to the fact that they were loosing ground to the EVO and thought, gee if we turned this into a hatch we could own the hatch market and be back at the top again?

Side note seen a awesome silver RS4 Wagon on the weekend on the M7 with a older lady and her grand kids in the back it looked like driving it like it was a 3 cyl charade shame shame shame LoL

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
6th May 2008, 09:56 AM
awesome purchase man congrats:clap:

also, for all those interested, found a new video by autocar, comparing scoobie and Evo

STI is faster everywhere but they still take the evo:confused:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/Videos.aspx?AR=232480&CT=V

I've discovered the same thing and believe they're probably doing that because when you look at all the 'absolute limits' the Evo is just that little ahead, in terms of drive feel/refinement and handling, steering response/feel etc. despite being back a little in pace...

Each to their own, you certainly couldn't go wrong with one or the other, leave it stock and they're both superb, if you want to modify, like myself and Mohawk have mentioned they're a tuners dream :)

Wraith
6th May 2008, 09:59 AM
I believe that Subaru moved the WRX into a hatch style of car due to the fact that they were loosing ground to the EVO and thought, gee if we turned this into a hatch we could own the hatch market and be back at the top again?

SSS_Hoon

The 'official' story is that they adopted the hatch configuration from advice by "what's his name" rally driver who said it was the better layout/configuration for balance and handling for the rally cars and because of homoligation rules the street version should also be a hatch...

USC
6th May 2008, 10:28 AM
I wish they make a sedan sti...i m pretty sure they have a sedan imprezza overseas.

Wraith
6th May 2008, 11:01 AM
I wish they make a sedan sti...i m pretty sure they have a sedan imprezza overseas.

Yeh, they do...the US market will have sedan Impreza and Wrx variants, but no Sti sedan version...maybe in the future who knows, all reports by Subaru say they will not do an Sti sedan - but there have been hints of maybe an Sti 2 door coupe re-birth, now that's interesting :)

blueraven
6th May 2008, 11:54 AM
The 'official' story is that they adopted the hatch configuration from advice by "what's his name" rally driver who said it was the better layout/configuration for balance and handling for the rally cars and because of homoligation rules the street version should also be a hatch...

Petter Solberg.

And yeah thats Subaru's official stance.

rjastra
6th May 2008, 01:33 PM
For a 5 door i think i would go the new S3

http://www.zcars.com.au/images/2009-audi-s3.jpg

SSS_Hoon
6th May 2008, 01:36 PM
For a 5 door i think i would go the new S3

http://www.zcars.com.au/images/2009-audi-s3.jpg

yep damm straight.

SSS_Hoon

blueraven
6th May 2008, 01:58 PM
slower and more expensive, but yes, much better looking and probably shits all over the sti for build quality :)

Vectracious
6th May 2008, 02:14 PM
slower and more expensive, but yes, much better looking and probably shits all over the sti for build quality :)

if by build quality you mean materials then yes, but the way its all screwed together, Subaru would win hands down..

USC
6th May 2008, 03:51 PM
if by build quality you mean materials then yes, but the way its all screwed together, Subaru would win hands down..

what do u mean the way its all screwed together? have u built one? how do u know its all been screwed together badly?

so u think subaru wins hands down..hey..on what basis??

u r comparing an audi to a subaru...in my opinion, they are worlds apart.

blueraven
6th May 2008, 04:30 PM
having sat in both (and the r32) they are most certainly not worlds apart.

Wraith
6th May 2008, 04:46 PM
slower and more expensive, but yes, much better looking :)

+1

The unfortunate reality of ALL Audis - price tags that will prohibit most from buying them, get yourself the equivalant VW is my advice, nearly same everything without the brand name total rip price tag ;)

Value/bang for money and performance/handling = Sti wins hands down :D

Also as Pete's pointed out and I too have stated numerous times, the quality gap between Japanese cars and European cars is ever diminishing :)

USC
6th May 2008, 05:12 PM
I WOULD NOT buy an audi for performance/value. I would buy it for prestige. u guys have gone crazy..next u will be telling me that a subaru is better than a ferrari because its better value...

USC
6th May 2008, 07:22 PM
Also as Pete's pointed out and I too have stated numerous times, the quality gap between Japanese cars and European cars is ever diminishing :)

depending on which european car you are talking about. fiat used to be shit. opels`s werent great either. but they have improved a lot. seat and other unknown brands are still crap.

Vectracious
6th May 2008, 09:13 PM
what do u mean the way its all screwed together? have u built one? how do u know its all been screwed together badly?

so u think subaru wins hands down..hey..on what basis??

u r comparing an audi to a subaru...in my opinion, they are worlds apart.

Read the post USC - you seem to have a major problem with reading what is written - I didn't say an Audi is screwed together badly - but i've definately heard more rattles in Audi/BMW/Mercedes than I have in a Subaru or a Toyota.... As for Opels, don't even get me started.

so yes, I stand by what I said, that a Subaru is probably screwed together better than a Euro brand.

I agree, Audi and a Subaru are worlds apart ...... in price. And yeah, you might have a badge for your prestige - but it will be a slow sack of shit coz you can only afford the povo 4 cylinder version.

So you can take your prestige - I'll take the sub 5 second car that may not have a propeller/4 rings on the front, but at least it will get to 100km/h before your prestige gets to 60km/h.

xplosv57
6th May 2008, 09:17 PM
Read the post USC - you seem to have a major problem with reading what is written - I didn't say an Audi is screwed together badly - but i've definately heard more rattles in Audi/BMW/Mercedes than I have in a Subaru or a Toyota.... As for Opels, don't even get me started.

so yes, I stand by what I said, that a Subaru is probably screwed together better than a Euro brand.

I agree, Audi and a Subaru are worlds apart ...... in price. And yeah, you might have a badge for your prestige - but it will be a slow sack of shit coz you can only afford the povo 4 cylinder version.

So you can take your prestige - I'll take the sub 5 second car that may not have a propeller/4 rings on the front, but at least it will get to 100km/h before your prestige gets to 60km/h.

Couldn't agree more bud, and i've had heaps of first hand experience with those associated Euro rattles!!!!

Like Wraith wrote before, the Jap's are building better quality cars these days to match (and overtake in some cases) the Euro's!!!

blueraven
6th May 2008, 09:40 PM
Rev limiter and shift lights confirmed to be working :D fork me this thing is quick, havent even given it a proper clutch bomb launch yet either :D

also noticed this car can far, far out accelerate a large rabbit :( damn thing put blood all up the passenger side skirting.

(no i wasnt trying to hit it, to be honest i thought it had dashed back into the hedge :P)

xplosv57
6th May 2008, 09:41 PM
Rev limiter and shift lights confirmed to be working :D fork me this thing is quick, havent even given it a proper clutch bomb launch yet either :D

also noticed this car can far, far out accelerate a large rabbit :( damn thing put blood all up the passenger side skirting.

(no i wasnt trying to hit it, to be honest i thought it had dashed back into the hedge :P)

LOL LOVE IT!!!!!!! :D

Vectracious
6th May 2008, 09:43 PM

Nik, do the 08's come with Launch control?

sooty
6th May 2008, 10:00 PM

Woo for pink side skirts :p

USC
6th May 2008, 10:41 PM

I dont have a problem reading. I think u have a problem expressing yourself. I dont give a damn if u get to 100km.h before me...it must make u feel really manly..LOL!

I dont doubt that a sub is probably better put together.... but people who buy audi`s dont usually buy them to go fast.

take ur sub and be a happy hoon.

Vectracious
6th May 2008, 10:53 PM
I dont have a problem reading. I think u have a problem expressing yourself. I dont give a damn if u get to 100km.h before me...it must make u feel really manly..LOL!

By all means, please, quote my post where I said "Audi's are put together badly"

I'd rather feel manly getting to 100km/h in a quick Jap car than "superior" in a prestige 12 second car..... LOL!

I dont doubt that a sub is probably better put together.... but people who buy audi`s dont usually buy them to go fast.

Oh so now you agree with me....... errr yep ... I have the problem.... :rolleyes:

take ur sub and be a happy hoon.

yep, because you've come on so many Vic cruises to know exactly how I drive....

idiot.

USC
6th May 2008, 11:00 PM
lol.....

"..but the way its all screwed together, Subaru would win hands down.."

what was I supposed to think?? idiot...

like I said...please please...feel manly getting to 100km/h before me.;)

I never said audi was "superior"..I said it was a prestige brand...but it may not be superior.

poita
6th May 2008, 11:02 PM
calm down ladies

and nik, you havent answered my question.
any mods planned yet mate ?

blueraven
7th May 2008, 08:36 AM
a rear sway bar and a reflash eventually, thats it :)

CNBLU
7th May 2008, 10:56 AM

ok:rolleyes:

:p

blueraven
7th May 2008, 11:04 AM
shaddap...i will remain vigilant!!

(especially since there isnt much available for it yet ;) )

rjastra
7th May 2008, 01:28 PM
Did anyone actually lookup the price of an S3? It's $1000 more than an Sti R spec.

Seems that Euro cars aren't as expensive as we think ;)

Greg K
7th May 2008, 01:33 PM
thats the price of the 3 door... the 5 door i dont think has been released yet. but i would say that it wouldnt be more than 6k more than the sti.

blueraven
7th May 2008, 03:45 PM
Did anyone actually lookup the price of an S3? It's $1000 more than an Sti R spec.

Seems that Euro cars aren't as expensive as we think ;)

Thats if you pay full price ;)

I'd like to see someone haggle at an audi dealer. No really I would.

I tried too at both audi and VW and the salesmen were practically stunned, the best one salesmen would do for me on an R32 was free floormats!(although having said that the irst subaru deale ri went too wouldnt budge on price on the sti either)

I am happy with my car, full price including dealer delivery(what a crock)/rego/stampduty etc was 69870, and i walked out at 63k flat, which i thought was a pretty good deal. It did take a while to get there though...

shoey85
7th May 2008, 04:16 PM
the irst subaru deale ri went too wouldnt budge on price on the sti either)

are u using your Iphone????

thats a great discount nick, welldone :)

Ice
7th May 2008, 04:27 PM
Thats if you pay full price ;)

I'd like to see someone haggle at an audi dealer. No really I would.

I tried too at both audi and VW and the salesmen were practically stunned, the best one salesmen would do for me on an R32 was free floormats!(although having said that the irst subaru deale ri went too wouldnt budge on price on the sti either)

I am happy with my car, full price including dealer delivery(what a crock)/rego/stampduty etc was 69870, and i walked out at 63k flat, which i thought was a pretty good deal. It did take a while to get there though...

could try going at the end of the Month when they have to meet their targets and also ive been told VW dealers are like that because their cars sell themselves so they dont need to lower the price and well they kinda do or you could just lay the cash out in front of them, haha

btm
7th May 2008, 04:34 PM
$63K drive away... not really that much more than a VXR :p

good price!

Wraith
7th May 2008, 04:55 PM

That's all you'll need ;)

Wraith
7th May 2008, 05:10 PM
$63K drive away... not really that much more than a VXR :p

good price!

LOL - what you've stated above is in fact true for any poor bastard (err bloke/girl) who purchased a VXR at full price (ie:48k) and on finance over 60 months ,total price would be the better part of 60k :eek: :o not good :(

Will be interesting when the new Evos start arriving too, Mitsu has lots of pre-orders and further down the track with a hatch version of the Evo :)

The tunabilty of both these 2 new cars, the Sti and Evo 10 is remarkable to say the least....

I've just seen figures form a tuned Evo 10 in the U.S. (AGP tuning) running a piggy back ecu, CAI (cold air intake) TBE (turbo back exhaust) and aftermarket intercooler, stock everyhting else = 312kw and 573nm :eek: at the engine...for those interested, the AFR reading was in the 11's and the engine is still not breaking a sweat - no obvious heat or running problems at all !!!

I even viewed a running vid of this car - awesome....

There's a guy in NZ on one of the Evo forums I'm a member of with one that has less mods than that and he's run a 12.5sec 1/4...his is getting 220kw and 364nm at all 4 wheels, with minor mods.

The Sti is just as impressive with similar mods :)

poita
7th May 2008, 07:07 PM

we will see how long that lasts :p

That's all you'll need ;)

until he gets bored with it cause its too slow lol

blueraven
7th May 2008, 08:28 PM
Well after that i will just dabble in Nitrous again. ;)

blueraven
7th May 2008, 08:37 PM
oh just to let prospect buyers know, the 63k included sat nav, tint for front windows (has rear done std) and floor mats.

Wraith
7th May 2008, 08:51 PM
oh just to let prospect buyers know, the 63k included sat nav, tint for front windows (has rear done std) and floor mats.

Don't worry BR I'm sure everybody thinks you've got yourself a great new and very enviable car for the money :)

I'm sure it's going to be putting a smile on your dial from ear to ear for a long time, even if you leave it totally bog stock standard :)

Fat chance of that though with you :D

astrauturbo
7th May 2008, 11:30 PM
man these figures that the sti and evo are spitting out is a crime against modding. seriously!!!

blueraven
8th May 2008, 07:23 AM
first 08 sti in australia was just reflashed using ecutek in perth to a conservative 16psi.

got an increase of 42kw at the wheels :D

EL BURITO
8th May 2008, 08:17 AM
first 08 sti in australia was just reflashed using ecutek in perth to a conservative 16psi.

got an increase of 42kw at the wheels :D
What are the power figures on that now then ?

Wraith
8th May 2008, 08:40 AM
man these figures that the sti and evo are spitting out is a crime against modding. seriously!!!

Arn't they ever :)

In terms of power/performance/handling/tuning - they leave their competition for dead - no question....

Wraith
8th May 2008, 08:45 AM
What are the power figures on that now then ?

It's be at least 280kw at the engine....

It's a similar increase for the Evo, they both get to around 300hp (221kw) at the wheels (all 4 corners) with the ecutek re-flash and 'nothing' else !!! :D

btm
8th May 2008, 08:48 AM
ie. quick :D

Wraith
8th May 2008, 09:07 AM
ie. quick :D

Sure is - they're instant members of the 12sec. club with that tune :)

Greg K
8th May 2008, 11:29 AM
Sure is - they're instant members of the 12sec. club with that tune :)

lucky bastards! ;)

rjastra
8th May 2008, 11:33 AM
We've never been more spoilt for performance hatches :)

Just looked up APR for S3. Stage 1 upgrade is 240kw. A few years ago this was Commodore SS power!

xplosv57
8th May 2008, 11:38 AM

Just looked up APR for S3. Stage 1 upgrade is 240kw. A few years ago this was Commodore SS power!

LOL a new S3 + however much for a stage 1 kit and still power is just short of a stock 5 year old SS, i wouldn't be bragging about that!!!

But yes it's good to see some nice hot hatches coming our way, definetely a good few to choose from!!!!

Greg K
8th May 2008, 11:41 AM
LOL a new S3 + however much for a stage 1 kit and still power is just short of a stock 5 year old SS, i wouldn't be bragging about that!!!

But yes it's good to see some nice hot hatches coming our way, definetely a good few to choose from!!!!

forgetting power to weight ratio..

xplosv57
8th May 2008, 11:47 AM

True!! :p

EL BURITO
8th May 2008, 11:52 AM
and AWD

Wraith
8th May 2008, 01:03 PM

Not to take anything away from it, from what I've read up, (factory info) this new version of the 2.0TFSI which will cover most of the new VW and Audi range, does indeed have a reliable 240kw in it - but not much more, without major and expensive parts changing/tuning after that...

A very good engine, but still way behind the latest Japanese offerings :) especially that sweet new 2.0ltr 4B11T and then there's the 2.4ltr 4B12T used in the Dodge Calibres which can be tuned to insane levels of power and torque - I predict this will be in the the Evo by no. 12 ;)

I'm hanging to see how good the next Gti will be with the new TFSI 2.0ltr engine and what state of tune it'll be released in - so far I've read around 180kw guise :)

poita
8th May 2008, 06:10 PM
knew you couldnt hold off nik, it wont be long till u flash it i bet :p

rjastra
9th May 2008, 07:50 AM
Giac do a 250kw ECU reflash for the S3. No hardware changes at all.
After that you can go to town with turbo and intercooler changes.
The S3 engine has strengthened internals over the normal 2L found in the GTI, Skoda etc.

I think you will find it can be tweaked and modded just as successfully as the 2L EVO engine.

CNBLU
9th May 2008, 09:47 AM
Well after that i will just dabble in Nitrous again. ;)

so the list begins:p

SSS_Hoon
9th May 2008, 09:53 AM
The S3 engine has strengthened internals over the normal 2L found in the GTI, Skoda etc.

I think you will find it can be tweaked and modded just as successfully as the 2L EVO engine.

yep

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
9th May 2008, 12:36 PM

That's awesome news for the new Gti if you get one of those :)

I believe it'll be the same engine with different tune/software...I'm looking forward to see what it looks like - hopefully it'll have some of the styling of the W12 concept Golf :)

Again not trying to pick, but you can go to well over 300kw and well over 550nm :eek: with the new 4B11 without opening the engine or changing the turbo, fuel pump and injectors or even the IC...and it'll make and handle heaps more than that, so for me it's at the top of the tree of the 2.0ltr petrol turbo 4 potter engines ATM :)

Hard choice Evo 10 or new S3....but Evo for me :)

blueraven
3rd August 2008, 07:34 PM
ecu read...

maps being developed....

dyno baseline next weekend..

tune in 2 weeks time :D.

( i have already told them if they dont get the same reults as the ecutek guys i am not paying ;) heres hoping i get 1kw less :D +45kw for free here we come)

Wraith
4th August 2008, 08:35 AM
Sounds good BR ^^^

Look forward to the results, it's been a while, so I'll bet your just hanging :D

JohnBu
4th August 2008, 09:58 AM
ecu read...

maps being developed....

dyno baseline next weekend..

tune in 2 weeks time :D.

( i have already told them if they dont get the same reults as the ecutek guys i am not paying ;) heres hoping i get 1kw less :D +45kw for free here we come)

who's developing the maps?

and who are doing the dyno readings?? you may want to independently verify the results in your case.

blueraven
4th August 2008, 10:32 AM
I am getting a baseline this weekend at a dyno day in brisbane, then Chiptorque will do their own base line (so i get a good comparison) when they do the tuning the following weekend.

Plenty of guys in the US are getting just over 200kw atw with an ecutek tune only, although best i have seen in Aust so far is 200kw atw with a turbo back exhaust(also ecutek).... But they say the peak gains are nothing like the gains in the midrange :)

Chiptorque said they made some great power with the new wrx, and say anything anyone can do with an ecutek they can match/better.

JohnBu
4th August 2008, 11:37 AM
it makes sense, a custom tune will always most likely yield higher power than a generic map.

price of custom map?

so how is the car treating you?

likes, dislikes?

fuel economy etc etc.

blueraven
4th August 2008, 03:59 PM
car is treating me great..but i am used to the power :) still learning how to drive it properly...but it really is an amazing car. grip is just a joke...hardest part is learning to straighten up the wheel when you leave corners...seriously it has caught me out and i have ended up heading for the kerb because the car corners so fast!

the dirt in queensland is different to the dirt in WA though...car gets dirty here in like 2 days...could go for weeks in wa without a wash :( somehow its darker and stickier :P (wa is mostly sandy soil...here its way more clay etc)

Fuel economy has averaged 11.0l per 100km sice i got it...about what i expected. I do dislike the cheapness of the materials of the door cards and dash... i dont mind the layout/look, but it really does feel cheap. Its all put together very well though, not a single rattle or squeak :)

i am getting the maps for free because i am the first 08 sti, but i have to pay for the flashing unit ($995) from chiptorque. at least this way i get 3 maps, high boost, low boost and valet, along with my stock map should i have to take it back to the dealer.

Wraith
4th August 2008, 04:35 PM
Awesome stuff BR...

Glad to hear all's going really well with it :)

Have you had or heard of anyone here in Aust. with paint probs ?? pealing away etc. ?? there seem to be some cases in the U.S. with this issue...

blueraven
4th August 2008, 05:13 PM
the issues are not peeling but chipping..the rear arches flare out quite a bit and end up catching small rocks etc flung up by the front wheels. Subaru acutally fits a small(now quite big on th newest batch) 3m clear plastic shield over that area to help prevent the chips. I have no marks on mine at all, but i have seen some interesting shots of people claiming damage..but nothing i saw couldnt be polished out. In fact smone with a blue one was claiming a deep screatch when it was on the 3m film....at which point i pointed out the film is there to save your paint, peel it off and have a look (what a shock, no damage).

OPC
4th August 2008, 10:10 PM
are you gunna take it down the 1/4 for a before and after timeslip ?

Wraith
5th August 2008, 09:10 AM
the issues are not peeling but chipping..the rear arches flare out quite a bit and end up catching small rocks etc flung up by the front wheels. Subaru acutally fits a small(now quite big on th newest batch) 3m clear plastic shield over that area to help prevent the chips. I have no marks on mine at all, but i have seen some interesting shots of people claiming damage..but nothing i saw couldnt be polished out. In fact smone with a blue one was claiming a deep screatch when it was on the 3m film....at which point i pointed out the film is there to save your paint, peel it off and have a look (what a shock, no damage).

Ah, so that's what it's about...

That clear protective film is becoming very common lately, I'm even thinking of having it applied to the front end of my vert. while it's still blemish-less.

Will let you get back to your mods and we look forward to the results :)

blueraven
5th August 2008, 11:54 AM
are you gunna take it down the 1/4 for a before and after timeslip ?

havent had time for 1/4 miles..done a couple skidpan days though :)

cyclonic
9th August 2008, 01:17 AM
Great work mate and big congratulations too!

blueraven
10th August 2008, 08:06 PM
Went to mark van beeks mermorial dyno day on saturday, pretty sure it was the highest of the stock STi's on the day by about 5-10kw.(it would want to be :P )

first run - 172kw ( but i couldnt find the damn printout :( )

second run.(same as the first, only the first doesnt have the little dip at the high end, dyno operator said heat soak/possibly a little knock on the second run probably pulled a little timing out)
http://i35.tinypic.com/2v9uixt.jpg

Pretty much what i was expecting, she is off too chiptorque in a week for a proper tune :)

Wraith
11th August 2008, 09:17 AM
That's a decent amount of power to have at all 4 wheels in a vehicle of that size and weight BR - awesome stuff...

When tuned you should see mid to low 12's over the 1/4 no probs. :)