PDA

View Full Version : We getting the Insignia?

Geebs
23rd April 2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=51695&s_rid=smh:ClassiePuff

EL BURITO
23rd April 2008, 01:33 PM
Holden spokeswoman Kate Lonsdale says the company examines every new model to see whether there is a business case for importing it, but wouldn't comment specifically on any potential future plans for the Insignia.

I don't think it will happen

Ford’s recent arrival, the Mondeo, is currently outselling the Epica despite a higher starting price ($29,990 v $25,990). Holden says it has had a shortage of Epicas in the marketplace. "We are working hard to correct this," said Ms Lonsdale.

Lets try and sound good but our product is a big steaming pile of cow dung

poita
23rd April 2008, 01:53 PM
a lump of wood with four baked baen tins for wheels would sell better than the fukin Epica.
i dont know how Holden can think its in the same league as the Mondeo.
they are full of Euro stylin, and are a great car.

Calibrated
23rd April 2008, 02:07 PM
BWUHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHA

Compare an Epica to the new Mondeo..

thats like comparing Jessica Alba's lady bits to my dead dogs poo

bornwild
23rd April 2008, 02:12 PM
Is holden trying to say that the Epica is on par with the Mondeo?

riiiiiiiiiiiiight

USC
23rd April 2008, 02:26 PM
BWUHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHA

Compare an Epica to the new Mondeo..

thats like comparing Jessica Alba's lady bits to my dead dogs poo

dead dogs dont poo.

but agree, if they could poo, the epica would still be worst.

Red AH SRI T
23rd April 2008, 02:38 PM
Sure the Epica is by no means a great car, or as good as a Mondeo, but its hardly as bad as you all make it out to be. I bet half of you (no, more like 95%) haven't even driven it.

*rant over*

Yes I would love to see the Insignia here, i think its so hot, I love the crease on the doors, it is very BMW esque without being over the top.

USC
23rd April 2008, 03:01 PM
have u driven it? honestly, would you buy one?
the looks only is enough to put me off.

poita
23rd April 2008, 03:22 PM
USC i'm pretty sure he sells them ;)

Calibrated
23rd April 2008, 03:36 PM
i've driven one.. couldnt wait to get out of it..

USC
23rd April 2008, 04:13 PM
just looking at it makes me feel like I am in a boat and will be sea sick soon..:p

Wraith
23rd April 2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=51695&s_rid=smh:ClassiePuff

I'm still not a fan or sold on this thing - but I believe as others have also said, it would do better than the current offering of that tragic Epica...

HappySlapper82
23rd April 2008, 05:35 PM
The epica looks horrible, IMO it looks like it should have been one more epica wide. My brothers downhill pushbike is wider than an epica :p

bornwild
23rd April 2008, 05:35 PM
Sure the Epica is by no means a great car, or as good as a Mondeo, but its hardly as bad as you all make it out to be. I bet half of you (no, more like 95%) haven't even driven it.

*rant over*

Yes I would love to see the Insignia here, i think its so hot, I love the crease on the doors, it is very BMW esque without being over the top.

Driven it, it's a piece of shit. Quality is absolutely horrendous. Ride is like driving a 1980's Ford Transit. Everyone at GM Design(port melbourne) thinks it's a piece of shit. End of story on Epica. :)

Only decent korean sourced holden vehicle is the SUV(forgot it's name heh) but even that's just because Opel was heavily involved in the decision making process.

dieselhead
23rd April 2008, 05:46 PM
a lump of wood with four baked baen tins for wheels would sell better than the fukin Epica.
i dont know how Holden can think its in the same league as the Mondeo.
they are full of Euro stylin, and are a great car.

Question is, is Mondeo selling much, much better than the Epica? I'm afraid only then Holden might consider bringing the Insignia over...

MitchSRi
23rd April 2008, 09:24 PM
Ford’s recent arrival, the Mondeo, is currently outselling the Epica despite a higher starting price ($29,990 v $25,990). Holden says it has had a shortage of Epicas in the marketplace. "We are working hard to correct this," said Ms Lonsdale.

The only reason there is a shortage of Epicas i the marketplace is because Holden most likely only bought 5 of them into the country, and 5 poor gullible bastards bought them after the salesperson said they were Euro styled.

Nothing like having confidence in your product. Don't like your Epica, get your money back. First customers take up Epica refund offer (http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=41667&IsPgd=0) ..

HAHAHAHAHA

I'm not sure about the Insignia, the arse end looks absolutely ghastly, front end looks funny. Too many lights ending at an upper or a lower point. If they smoothed the lights out and the rear end got fixed it could be a VERY nice looking car though.

OKAY who wants more pictures??!??!!?!?!?

http://jalopnik.com/379602/2009-opel-insignia-revealed-early-sans-carefully-placed-tape
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f16/opel-insignia-revealed-officially-63378/
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1986&cat=500&ppuser=283

imay
24th April 2008, 08:14 AM
I (unfortunately) know someone who has an Epica CDX. Hey! It's got a Holden badge, and all the luxury bits, so it must be right up there with the Calais, right? Well, that's his thinking, anyway. And if he thinks along those lines, you can bet there's a lot of others out there that think the same way.

The Barina and Viva are not great sellers, but they ARE selling, along with the Epica. People see little numbers after the dollar sign, along with alloy wheels and standard "luxury" features and figure it's good value for money.
Only when they come to on-sell, do they really regret their decision. But by then they have probably got 4-5 years of relatively cheap motoring, and that's all they worry about. . . . And that's why Holden sell 'em and will continue to sell cheap Korean cars.

Unfortunately.

Shaun
24th April 2008, 08:02 PM
Driven it, it's a piece of shit. Quality is absolutely horrendous. Ride is like driving a 1980's Ford Transit. Everyone at GM Design(port melbourne) thinks it's a piece of shit. End of story on Epica. :)

Only decent korean sourced holden vehicle is the SUV(forgot it's name heh) but even that's just because Opel was heavily involved in the decision making process.

Viva is selling well. Well priced and is Cheap motoring for a second family car for mum to run arround in and take the kids to school in.

Epica is not that bad for the money. Sure it may not be up there in terms of quality of the Mondeo but its priced well and is a cheap entry level for those who are struggling with Home loans on the $400,000-$700,000 mark. new car 5 year warranty. I garrentee those who have bought the epica have bought based on price and practicality. Considering the Vectra B (JB) had its problems i would say the Epica is about on par with a Vectra B in its day.

Now for the Insignia. I really like the look of it. If Holden bring it into the country then i think it will sell well. And will leave the stigma of the Vectra being a boring car behind.

Shaun
24th April 2008, 08:07 PM
Viva is selling well. Well priced and is Cheap motoring for a second family car for mum to run arround in and take the kids to school in.

Epica is not that bad for the money. Sure it may not be up there in terms of quality of the Mondeo but its priced well and is a cheap entry level for those who are struggling with Home loans on the $400,000-$700,000 mark. new car 5 year warranty. I garrentee those who have bought the epica have bought based on price and practicality. Considering the Vectra B (JB) had its problems i would say the Epica is about on par with a Vectra B in its day. I wouldnt have called the Vectra C and achivement in styling. Granted the face lift overseas gave it a new life to carry it through but i still think its about bland and rather boring . Or as Clarkson refers to it " a big mound of dog do sitting on your living room carpet" Vectra B had a better shape and style to it ove the Vectra C Pre face lift. . (No offence to Any Vectra owners)

Now for the Insignia. I really like the look of it. If Holden bring it into the country then i think it will sell well. And will leave the stigma of the Vectra being a boring car behind with a new style and new name.

Shaun
24th April 2008, 08:40 PM

The only reason there is a shortage of Epicas i the marketplace is because Holden most likely only bought 5 of them into the country, and 5 poor gullible bastards bought them after the salesperson said they were Euro styled.

I think what Holden are refering to is they working on maybe changing model line ups to combat the Mondeo range. Some who i dont think they are going to come up with a answer to that.

Ford pulled out of the Mondeo some years ago . Then reintroduced it. The older Mondeos werent that great from what i have been told.

I believe Holden Pulled out of the Vectra due to Pricing where it sat in the Market. Lets face a Mazda 6 Sports Luxury comes in at the mid 40k mark and the top of the range Vectra was arround the $50k mark. Holden went to a cheaper product to entice buyers back to the brand. Which may have worked but now with the Market being flooded again with brands and products that raise the standards bar they have been pushed towards the bottom of the market share table.

Holden Will bounce back. Use the Epica as a fill in model for now until they bring in about product Thats up with the other marks levels. I doubt the Epica will dissapear. How ever it will work in there advantage if they do bring the Insignia in as they will have an cheaper option for the public that cant afford the upper end of the market. Its about giving Customers an option. And if Holden bring in the Insignia then they they are in a strong postion with the Insignia and Epica to give that option.

Shaun

bornwild
24th April 2008, 09:15 PM
Shaun, we're talking about the car...not about the people who buy it. As a car, the Epica is a piece of shit. No refinement, no style, no nothing about it. And I only see about 1 epica every 3-4 days.

Shaun
24th April 2008, 10:12 PM
Shaun, we're talking about the car...not about the people who buy it. As a car, the Epica is a piece of shit. No refinement, no style, no nothing about it. And I only see about 1 epica every 3-4 days.
Bornsoft,
Are you on drugs or something or you just that stupid. My comments are about the cars and why Holden have bought them into the country and where they stand in terms if they bring in the Insignia.

As for no style and no refinement. Get off your high horse. You drive an Astra FFS. (A car thats regard as common in europe (yes your model is as common a Omega Commodore or a Camry is here in Europe )
Some of these people who have purchased these cars may consider them selves extremely lucky they can afford a new med size car and treat there cars no different to how we do here. So what if you see an epica every 3-4 days. I only see Astra about that amount of times too. Doses that mean they dont sell well and everyone things they are a heap of shit?? Honestly grow up and wake up to yourself. Better yet leave your self alone and get a manager.....

Gettting back to the topic at hand. Its too early to say if the Insignia will hit our shores. Holden could bring it but i would say it would be another 2 years before we see it if the do import them.

bornwild
24th April 2008, 10:16 PM
???

You spent your time defending people who buy the epica and stating the reasons they may have for their purchase, not talking about the Epica.

And again with the personal attacks...

27 years old and grammar isn't even on par with a primary school kid, my God.

USC
24th April 2008, 10:17 PM
I wish you would sell your astra and buy one Shaun:p ..prove to everyone how good it is:D GO SHAUN!!!

Shaun
25th April 2008, 12:40 AM
I wish you would sell your astra and buy one Shaun:p ..prove to everyone how good it is:D GO SHAUN!!!

HAHAHA... Just annoys me that people here seem to think there Beloved Opel products are superior to everything else out there.
Opel products have fair share of problems. TS SRi T Water pumps failing @ 35,000km is not a great product.

Back on topic. I would consider the Insignia for my next car if they come out. Esp if HSV bring a VXR version.

USC
25th April 2008, 01:05 AM
Agree with you about people here bing biased towards opel products..afterall its an opel forum;)

I like the insignia but I wouldnt get one.i like long established models like astra, civic, etc. And I dont think the car is sexy...looks new yes but NOT sexy.

Black Nugget
5th June 2008, 09:22 AM
sorry for digging up a thread guys but pictures have emerged of the vauxhall insignia sedan in black.

http://thehollywoodextra.blogspot.com/2008/06/vauxhall-insignia.html

The rear looks a little iffy but overall looking very goodin black, interior is great!

If it could come in at a comeptitive price(pound is now close to .50:D ) it could definately help holden position itself against the new 6, upcoming euro, and ford mondeo.

I think holden really needs some cohesivness in its branding though. Curently it's a mismacth of korean australian and euro designs which I think really confuses the consumer. Perhaps a sub european arm would be beneficial.....

oneightoo
5th June 2008, 12:18 PM
lol, talk about being late on replies..... but.....

from the guy who has in the past claimed that BMW's have poor build quality, it was hardly expected you would give this car a chance..

the Captiva? i actually like the look of this one too, even tho im no fan at all of "4wd's".. i love how on the add they say it has better fuel economy than the ford territory.. well duh, the captiva comes in diesel and the territory is petrol or petrol turbo.. that commercial makes me giggle..

bornwild
5th June 2008, 06:59 PM
lol, talk about being late on replies..... but.....

from the guy who has in the past claimed that BMW's have poor build quality, it was hardly expected you would give this car a chance..

the Captiva? i actually like the look of this one too, even tho im no fan at all of "4wd's".. i love how on the add they say it has better fuel economy than the ford territory.. well duh, the captiva comes in diesel and the territory is petrol or petrol turbo.. that commercial makes me giggle..

Well...you have to put things in perspective and a BMW that costs $100k does have rather poor quality compared to a $100k Audi.(maybe it's just the feel, but somehow the Audi felt right and the BMW looked.....flimsy?!)

Audi has caught both BMW and Merc sitting on their arse...although Merc has somewhat redeemed itself with the new C-class...can't fault a single bloody thing.

As for the Captiva, yeah it's a nice car, I like it. They should introduce better diesels though :)

ps. I paid $30k for my Astra and I honestly don't think that a $50k BMW 1-series is $20k better than my Astra. The Astra is a rather high-standard car. Everything feels so Solid...take the auto-gearstick for example, put it in P and try wiggle it around, it won't budge!!!! Sit in a $100k LEXUS and do the same, the thing will shake like a freakin stick!!! The attention to detail is what makes Germans different...

jsantos
5th June 2008, 07:04 PM
The insignia looks interesting. To me it looks like the love child of a commodore and a merc.

sooty
5th June 2008, 07:05 PM
i love how on the add they say it has better fuel economy than the ford territory.. well duh, the captiva comes in diesel and the territory is petrol or petrol turbo.. that commercial makes me giggle..

I'm almost certain they are talking about a petrol V petrol comparison.
The thing that makes it believable is that the Turbo territory gets like 17L/100km...heap of ford crap...

bornwild
5th June 2008, 07:34 PM
Guys, a bit of insider info. The insignia will come.

bornwild
5th June 2008, 07:34 PM
The thing that makes it believable is that the Turbo territory gets like 17L/100km...heap of ford crap...

Clearly states on the add that it's a Diesel Captiva vs Petrol Territory

EL BURITO
5th June 2008, 07:54 PM
and you source is

sooty
5th June 2008, 07:55 PM

So it does...shows how much attention i pay to those commercials...
8.6l (diesel) vs 12.5l for the territory RWD...:)

bornwild
5th June 2008, 07:56 PM
and you source is

You think I'd say that on a forum?

oneightoo
6th June 2008, 09:07 AM
Audi has caught both BMW and Merc sitting on their arse...although Merc has somewhat redeemed itself with the new C-class...can't fault a single bloody thing.

ps. I paid $30k for my Astra and I honestly don't think that a $50k BMW 1-series is $20k better than my Astra. The Astra is a rather high-standard car. Everything feels so Solid...take the auto-gearstick for example, put it in P and try wiggle it around, it won't budge!!!! Sit in a $100k LEXUS and do the same, the thing will shake like a freakin stick!!! The attention to detail is what makes Germans different...

completley agree with the above.. Audi has come a long way recently while the other germans seem to be relying on past glory.

they definatley dont mention petrol.. the turbo, whole nice to drive, eats fuel.. my gf's dad's petrol territory does about 13-14L/100km.. that aint good lol..

really? that would be a bold move.. holden would need to advertise the crap out of it..

and is clearly an unfair comparison.. pity the general public doesnt see it that way..

So it does...shows how much attention i pay to those commercials...
8.6l (diesel) vs 12.5l for the territory RWD...:)

12.5L for the territiry is wrong.. my gf's dad drives one, and it clearly states on the screen 13.5L/100km.. now, he drives like an old man, very slow, i mean painfully slow.. however it is an auto, so for a manual, that figure would be pretty close..... lol forget what i just said :p

oneightoo
6th June 2008, 09:07 AM
You think I'd say that on a forum?

lol go on, live a little :p

bornwild
6th June 2008, 11:53 AM
lol :p

Okay here we go, this guy called Ralf is a little short dude that sits in a box in the Holden Design Centre and calls me up telepathically every now and then to tell me some news.

Jeez, hope I don't get in trouble for this :D