PDA

View Full Version : Specs for New generation Astra Sri-T

USC
21st April 2008, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, wheels magazine(May 2008) has a pic of the new Astra and some specs too. It looks pretty cool!!..hopefully they have nicer windscreen and rear window without that deep gap in between the glass and the body..haha..I know..Im fussy..lol

Now the good news...the Sri-T gets direct injection and power goes up to 160KW:D

Shaun
21st April 2008, 08:54 PM
Ill have to pick it up tonight on the way home... Means the VXR power should be increased as well..

USC
21st April 2008, 09:09 PM
I get the magazines in advance..dunno if they are for sale yet..some places might have it.

looking forward to seeing one of those babies on the road soon!! 160KW for a stock turbo is not bad at all:)

yeh, VXR would be close to 190KW I would imagine..there is no mention of VXR yet in the magazine.

SSS_Hoon
22nd April 2008, 05:59 AM
MMMM so the new SRiT should be some competition now LoL.

Maybe they didnt mention the VXR as HSV havnt confirmed if they are going to bring it in yet or not, Have they? Would be shame if they stopped bringing it in that is for sure.

SSS_Hoon

Snotty
22nd April 2008, 07:11 AM
new wheels is out tomorrow

rjastra
22nd April 2008, 08:57 AM
So, it will have as much power as the rest of its competitors then ;)

USC
22nd April 2008, 10:57 AM
MMMM so the new SRiT should be some competition now LoL.

Maybe they didnt mention the VXR as HSV havnt confirmed if they are going to bring it in yet or not, Have they? Would be shame if they stopped bringing it in that is for sure.

SSS_Hoon

it alreay was..lol..well..definitely faster than a pulsar SSS;)

I love the new wheels on the astra!! im not 100% sure about the headlights yet..need to see it in real life.

MatsHolden
22nd April 2008, 11:04 AM
Is this a photoshop representation of what they THINK it will look like?

SSS_Hoon
22nd April 2008, 11:10 AM
it alreay was..lol..well..definitely faster than a pulsar SSS;).

LoL it would want to be faster then a stock SSS LoL, but a modified one no chance hehehehe.

Although i was refering to other cars in its class it should now be on par with the rest now in theroy anyway.

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
22nd April 2008, 11:18 AM
Im hearing 230kw from the UK and AWD for the next VXR. But it wont be released until 2011 in the UK. Meaning we wont see it till at least till end of 2011 mid 2012 . If HSV are to bring it in. its too early to tell as the product isnt released or in production.

Wraith
22nd April 2008, 12:38 PM
Im hearing 230kw from the UK and AWD for the next VXR. But it wont be released until 2011 in the UK. Meaning we wont see it till at least till end of 2011 mid 2012 . If HSV are to bring it in. its too early to tell as the product isnt released or in production.

Now that's more like it - decent power and AWD... :)

Before I read this last post, I was gonna say 160kw - BIG DEAL !!! an extra 13kw :rolleyes: it'll weigh more for sure which will take up that extra 13kw LOL...

MatsHolden
22nd April 2008, 01:05 PM
it'll weigh more for sure which will take up that extra 13kw LOL...

Maybe, maybe not.

Shaun
22nd April 2008, 01:09 PM
Now that's more like it - decent power and AWD... :)

Before I read this last post, I was gonna say 160kw - BIG DEAL !!! an extra 13kw :rolleyes: it'll weigh more for sure which will take up that extra 13kw LOL...

If the SRi T is to stay FWD drive its a good increase . If it is to go AWD its alittle soft. but then where would it leave the next Gen VXR if they go to the 200 mark on the SRi T. i think its a fair call to say the SRi T wont go much more then the current VXR power figures

USC
22nd April 2008, 01:53 PM
I doubt the sri-t will be 4 wheel drive.

Wheels mention that the platform will have independent rear suspension replacing the aging rear suspension currently on AH and TS also...which allows for all wheel drive set up :)..the vxr might be 4WD though..

Im not sure if the photo was photoshopped but it had opel badges on the wheels and a vauxhall badge on the grill...so it could have been...

MatsHolden
22nd April 2008, 01:58 PM
Yeh, it's probably the photoshop renderings we've already seen in the 2010 Astra thread.

Red AH SRI T
23rd April 2008, 02:48 PM
I just went and picked up Wheels. A nice little article. The photoshopped image they have is different to the others we have seen, much more Insignia looking, although they show the same spy pics of disguised mules that we have already seen.

MatsHolden
24th April 2008, 11:32 PM
Ahh they could've got a more recent photoshop! lol That's been around since midway through last year!
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_434/car_photo_217285_7.jpg

Shaun
24th April 2008, 11:57 PM
looks pretty mean in the pic. Opel and Vauxhall are picking up there game in the design stakes...

USC
25th April 2008, 12:59 AM
hope this model will also have variable valve timing in the turbo engine.

lights look very poton-ish (gen 2).

Shaun
25th April 2008, 02:00 AM
hope this model will also have variable valve timing in the turbo engine.

lights look very poton-ish (gen 2).

Was thinking the same...