PDA

View Full Version : Proud new Corsa SRI owner.

monki
18th April 2008, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I live in Sydney and Ive recently purchased a stock red SRI Corsa with 83000 Kms on the clock. Love the car, drives well, however im getting some poor fuel economy figures, hovering around 11.5-12L/100km city driving and Ive generally been taking it easy.

It has a full service history by Holden, but I suspect that they havent been all that thorough. Ive put some air in the tyres and replaced what was a filthy air filter. Im going to check spark plugs soon... btw anyone know what torque wrench setting I should be using to replace spark plugs?

Anyway, Im trying to get some basic checks out of the way first. If all else fails Im thinking of taking it back to the dealer to get them to find and fix the problem as its under a 3 month dealer warranty at the moment.

By the way love the site, very informative so far.

Cheers
Nels

PaulyJ
18th April 2008, 01:57 PM
Welcome to OA
I'm getting similar figures to you, which I think is a big high.
My right foot does has spasm's from time to time though

Get your filter and plugs changed. Maybe get them to check the fuel filter too.

immenotu
18th April 2008, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the site Nels, another Corsa SRi :clap:

On my last tank (half city and half freeway) I got 520k's from approx. 40L which is about 7.8L/100. My usual city driving I get about 9.5L/100 and I dont take it easy.

PaulyJ
18th April 2008, 02:33 PM
Thats a lot less than me.
I get 400-450km.

immenotu
18th April 2008, 02:35 PM
Usual weekly driving I get about 420-450k's to the light. I think I cracked 600 once with all highway driving.

EL BURITO
18th April 2008, 03:01 PM
lol your all getting worse figures than my XR4.

use your cruise control its there to be used.
Also what fuel are you using 91 or 98

PaulyJ
18th April 2008, 03:24 PM
I do use cruise control when on the freeway
I only use 98 in my cars. Nothing less.

monki
18th April 2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all your replies.

I've been filling her up with Premium, not sure if its 95 or 98. I'll probably check/change spark plugs this weekend and see how I go from there.

Ice
18th April 2008, 03:55 PM
hey and welcome immenotu ..... whats with your economy, its sh*thouse..you too Pauly ? your Corsa's should be great and its not like either of your cars have excessive mileage on them either.

my CDX will get over 600, ive done 450 this tank and the trip computer still says i got 230 to go and ive driven into town in peak hour twice this week. my average consumption is mid 7's or thats what the trip comuter shows but it fluctuates as expected. ide say you should be looking at the same as we do have the same engines, no ?

Tfer
18th April 2008, 04:02 PM
Welcome to Opelaus... enjoy your time :D

moose_factor
18th April 2008, 04:12 PM
hey and welcome immenotu .....

I think the welcome is meant for monki?...

Welcome monki (Nels) where bouts in Sydney you from?

immenotu
18th April 2008, 04:15 PM
hey and welcome immenotu ..... whats with your economy, its sh*thouse..you too Pauly ? your Corsa's should be great and its not like either of your cars have excessive mileage on them either...

LOL, im not the new member, monki is ;) :)

You have to keep in mind that your car has a bigger fuel tank (Corsas have 44L and, correct me if im wrong, astras have 50+L)

Also many trip computers are wrong by a fair amount, I work out my economy manually using odo vs. amount of fuel used.

As I said ive gotten over 600k's from a tank before which is about 7.3L/100 so I dont think mine's too bad. :)

Thanks for all your replies.

I've been filling her up with Premium, not sure if its 95 or 98. I'll probably check/change spark plugs this weekend and see how I go from there.

Good luck getting everything running smoothly!

sooty
18th April 2008, 04:24 PM
hey and welcome.
immenotu ..... whats with your economy, its sh*thouse..you too Pauly ? your Corsa's should be great and its not like either of your cars have excessive mileage on them either.

my CDX will get over 600, ive done 450 this tank and the trip computer still says i got 230 to go and ive driven into town in peak hour twice this week. my average consumption is mid 7's or thats what the trip comuter shows but it fluctuates as expected. ide say you should be looking at the same as we do have the same engines, no ?

Another case where punctuation strikes again, see, with the addition of a full stop, it all makes sense :)

Ice
18th April 2008, 04:31 PM
ill give you punctuation mr Diesel ! haha

oh yeh sorry immenotu and hi Monki, DOU!

sorry didnt consider the 44 litre tank as opposed to my 52 litre.

Juice
18th April 2008, 09:02 PM
Welcome......

HappySlapper82
19th April 2008, 12:06 AM
Welcome mate :)

At least you don't have a thirsty V6, I only get around 400 - 450 out of 60L of fuel lol

monki
19th April 2008, 12:22 AM
I think the welcome is meant for monki?...

Welcome monki (Nels) where bouts in Sydney you from?

Hi Moose

I Live in Lewisham.

mr corsa
19th April 2008, 04:41 PM
welcome monki good to see another corsa-c in nsw and as for your fuel usage its pretty fair to say its quite normal and if you want to see bad fuel usage then ill take you for a spin in my car lol

KingOfAstras
19th April 2008, 08:46 PM
welcome monki :).. lewisham ay? have you had many cruises to stanmore maccas? hahahahahhahaha

btm
21st April 2008, 09:17 AM
welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase!

Greg K
21st April 2008, 01:42 PM
welcome matey... and i would take mr corsa up on the offer!! who would care about fuel consumption after seeing what that car can do!

monki
22nd April 2008, 02:30 PM
welcome monki :).. lewisham ay? have you had many cruises to stanmore maccas? hahahahahhahaha

Ironically I used to live right next to Stanmore maccas.