PDA

View Full Version : BMW 1 series "sedan" twin turbo

USC
18th April 2008, 11:37 AM
what do you think of the new 1 series "sedan"? ..I personally dont like the back. but the twin turbo engine in the 135i is appealing. not so sure about the 125i.

I saw a 135i on wellington road a few weeks ago and my sri-t was quicker off the lights..the driver of the bmw was driving like a maniac...lol

btm
18th April 2008, 11:40 AM
any pics?

what power figures is it putting out?

GreyRex
18th April 2008, 11:42 AM
what do you think of the new 1 series "sedan"? ..I personally dont like the back. but the twin turbo engine in the 135i is appealing. not so sure about the 125i.

I saw a 135i on wellington road a few weeks ago and my sri-t was quicker off the lights..the driver of the bmw was driving like a maniac...lol

The 1 Series only comes in a 5 door hatch, 3 door coupe, and convertible.

The driver obviously didn't drive it to it's potential when you were together, because it will do 0 - 100mk/h in 5.2/5.3 seconds mate

USC
18th April 2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=51400&s_rid=theage:ClassiePuff

yeh..may be he had a 125i .. lol ....I couldnt see the badge properly..cos he was trying really hard..trust me...i heard his engine screaming..he had an auto though.

the 125i: 160KW
the 135i: 225kw

yeh, it was a 3 door coupe...i just called it sedan:p

SSS_Hoon
18th April 2008, 11:53 AM
mmm the BMW should of had you quite easily i would say maybe he left his handbrake on.:)

reminds me of the time in the GTI when i thought id have some fun with a BMW 750Li sport mmmm yeah lets say it was fun....:D

SSS_Hoon

oneightoo
18th April 2008, 12:03 PM
it does look like a sedan tho..

i like it..

was your astra quicker off the lights cos you had a faster reaction time? how long before he left you behind?

USC
18th April 2008, 12:18 PM
it does look like a sedan tho..

i like it..

was your astra quicker off the lights cos you had a faster reaction time? how long before he left you behind?

it could have been the 125i with only 160kw of power (non turbo version)...and it would weigh a lot more than the astra i guess. he was not very far behind at all..prob less than a meter...but then he kept speeding past the 70km/h speed limit up to more than 100km/h I think...

it looks very much like a 3 series coupe but the back on the 3 series is much nicer..whats the point of having this when the 3 series coupe is about the same price and looks betta.

Ice
18th April 2008, 12:28 PM
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=51400

the 125i is a 3 litre...would have eaten you (Aufwiedersehn)...even a 2.3 woulda smoked you.........was probably just a 1.6....

Apex
18th April 2008, 12:31 PM
The 135i are amazing cars, I am holding out for a test drive in a few weeks. There are a few good reviews on U-Tube, one with it up against the Porsche Boxster.

If GT5 Prologue is anything to go off im sure it will be a good drifter too!

The 135i would eat a VXR so im sure it was lesser number..

Ice
18th April 2008, 12:36 PM
The 135i are amazing cars

mmmmmmm BMW !

blueraven
18th April 2008, 12:40 PM
;) ....

:D.

(currently a toss up between this car, the new sti and an evo 9 for my next car :) twin turbo 3.5l with a reflash is close too 300kw :D)

sooty
18th April 2008, 12:41 PM
;) ....

:D.

(currently a toss up between this car, the new sti and an evo 9 for my next car :) twin turbo 3.5l with a reflash is close too 300kw :D)

Very intriguing!
Keep us informed lol

Apex
18th April 2008, 01:02 PM
I didn’t think they could be flashed.. Piggybacked is all that could be done last time I looked, but that was awhile ago :o

It will cost a tad more than the evo and the sti though.. Strangely they only weighs 80kgs less than big brother 335i, but you do get an electronic LSD and six pot callipers.

Im off to the launch when it comes out here in a few weeks, there has been a big delay due to demand overseas.

Wraith
18th April 2008, 01:06 PM
Agree with the guys above, a 135i would toast even a modded Astra T LOL...it wasn't being pushed or it was a lower powered model for sure if it was being thrashed :)

I too have been keeping a keen eye on this car - Steve (Xplosiv57) assures me it'll be 'reasonably' priced, we'll see......

My short list is very similar to BR's ;) but I've chopped out the Evo 10 in favour of the Ralliart Lancer and Sti is still at the top (for performance and practicality it can't be beat by any of the others, not even a remapped 135i with Xede) - maybe though the 1 series 135i TT will come home in the end - ' if ' it isn't ridiculously priced ie:

rjastra
18th April 2008, 01:14 PM
The 135i is faster (tested in US mag) than a new EVO X with SST. So, it will easily smoke a Astra.

135i is significantly cheaper than the equivalent engined 3 series coupe.

Actually, looking at the spec of the 135i you'd have to think twice about a STI or EVo in the same price range.

USC
18th April 2008, 01:17 PM
I dont think it was a 135i..probably a 125i. I doubt the 3 L will eat the astra sri-t ..bullshit. I was about a meter behind a HSV VE (and thats a V8 5.7L)when i got beaten.

A 3L or 2.3L will NOT beat a 2L turbo AH astra if you know how to drive. I have the 0-100 times on a wheel magazine at home and a lot of 3L and 2.3L arent as fast due to the fact that they are heavy cars...So MR ICE..get your facts right.

it was not a 1.6 as the 3door coupe dont come in 1.6L. the 2L 1 series hatch is also rubbish..i have driven my mate`s b4 and it is NOT a fast car.

whether the 135i is a twin turbo or not..it s still really ugly at the back. Just saw a 335i coupe and it looks amazing!!

Ice
18th April 2008, 01:33 PM
Is your astra a stock turbo ?

I personaly dont think youde have a chance even against the 3.0 but thats just me...we would need stats to prove it and yes they coulda been a sh*t driver, but then i cant imagine that the 3 litre would be screamin either ! is it Steve or Pete who works for BMW ?? the one who drives the Commondore..sorry Calais perhaps he could shed some light, (sorry mate haha forgot your name)

I also agree with you on looks, the 3 series is far sexier although i wouldnt complain if i was given a 135, haha

CNBLU
18th April 2008, 01:42 PM
bullshit. I was about a meter behind a HSV VE (and thats a V8 5.7L)when i got beaten.

haha made me laugh:D

GreyRex
18th April 2008, 01:47 PM
haha made me laugh:D

Made me laugh too

I dont think it was a 135i..probably a 125i. I doubt the 3 L will eat the astra sri-t ..bullshit. I was about a meter behind a HSV VE (and thats a V8 5.7L)when i got beaten.

A 3L or 2.3L will NOT beat a 2L turbo AH astra if you know how to drive. I have the 0-100 times on a wheel magazine at home and a lot of 3L and 2.3L arent as fast due to the fact that they are heavy cars...So MR ICE..get your facts right.

Dude you're crapping on a bit aren't you? Unless yours is heavily modded...

USC
18th April 2008, 01:49 PM
Made me laugh too

Dude you're crapping on a bit aren't you? Unless yours is heavily modded...

not modded. damn, i hate it when people dont believe u!! believe whatever you want to believe.

blueraven
18th April 2008, 01:52 PM
just got quoted 78k drive away, and got told that of the 200 allocated for the year 08 more than 60 have been pre ordered.

Sunroof is a 2750 option :(....sat nav is 2900 :P

Release date is 20th may...i got an invite to the QLD launch ahaha...

sooty
18th April 2008, 01:52 PM
is it Steve or Pete who works for BMW ??

Scuba Steve :D

USC
18th April 2008, 02:10 PM
just got quoted 78k drive away, and got told that of the 200 allocated for the year 08 more than 60 have been pre ordered.

i didnt realise it was not released yet:p ... that dude I saw must have been from BMW...testing the car... to be honest..that car is not worth the money.

GreyRex
18th April 2008, 02:31 PM
not modded. damn, i hate it when people dont believe u!! believe whatever you want to believe.

Not trying to have a go. I only say it because i've tried it... once. Me = stock AH SRi Turbo. Other car = VE Clubsport R8. He started from my rear bumper and killed me man. Over and over the AH Turbo has been tested 7.4/7.5 0 - 100km. Over and over a VE V8 will do 5.2/5.1 0 - 100kms (135i speed). I think that is mooooooooore than 1 car lol

Apex
18th April 2008, 02:31 PM
Its not even in the country yet, no wonder you wasted it

http://www.bmw.com.au/common_content/models/bmw/price_options/2008-Feb-1Coupe.pdf (http://www.bmw.com.au/common_content/models/bmw/price_options/2008-Feb-1Coupe.pdf)

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/1series/coupe/2007/allfacts/engine/6_cylinder_petrol_engine.html (http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/1series/coupe/2007/allfacts/engine/6_cylinder_petrol_engine.html)

I don’t think we are getting the 125i at lunch just the Diesel and 3.0 Twin Turbo. I would be keen on a 335i Touring.

blueraven
18th April 2008, 02:32 PM
i didnt realise it was not released yet:p ... that dude I saw must have been from BMW...testing the car... to be honest..that car is not worth the money.

Show me a quicker luxury european car for less than 120k :)

Good luck...

dieselhead
18th April 2008, 02:45 PM
Audi S3 after a visit to Oettinger or APR. Shouldn't cost more than a 135i after modding to 254kW. And hell, should be faster than that small but oh so heavy beamer.
Common guys, $80k just because it has that great engine? Still looks like a dog if you ask me. Still RWD only, how would compete against STi/Evo/S3? Massively overpriced, shouldn't cost more than $60k.

blueraven
18th April 2008, 02:50 PM
Stock cars only...there is zero argument for modded cars.

USC
18th April 2008, 02:51 PM
Show me a quicker luxury european car for less than 120k :)

Good luck...

I dont care about being quicker...but there are a lot of european cars that look A LOT better than this dog. they should have kept it as a hatch.

USC
18th April 2008, 02:53 PM
Its not even in the country yet, no wonder you wasted it

http://www.bmw.com.au/common_content/models/bmw/price_options/2008-Feb-1Coupe.pdf (http://www.bmw.com.au/common_content/models/bmw/price_options/2008-Feb-1Coupe.pdf)

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/1series/coupe/2007/allfacts/engine/6_cylinder_petrol_engine.html (http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/1series/coupe/2007/allfacts/engine/6_cylinder_petrol_engine.html)

I don’t think we are getting the 125i at lunch just the Diesel and 3.0 Twin Turbo. I would be keen on a 335i Touring.

lol...it would have been an 135i then..may be the guy was just a crap driver. the badge definitely had a 1 at the start and a 5i at the end.

oh if u see a demo burgandy 135i for sale...dont buy...as the guy driving it was a really bad driver..thrashing the thing around like hell, doing crazy u turns etc.

dieselhead
18th April 2008, 02:57 PM
Stock cars only...there is zero argument for modded cars.

Even stock, S3 won't be slower than 135i to 100km/h by more than a couple of tenths. It is $6,000 cheaper, is AWD and highly moddable, unlike the Bavarian.

Apex
18th April 2008, 02:58 PM
I’ll have a white one with a black bonnet and blue painted callipers.. ala Tii :D

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/new_and_future_cars/7224827/02z+2007_bmw_1_series_tii_concept+front_exterior.j pg
automobilemag.com

PS: Audi's are stink.

blueraven
18th April 2008, 03:00 PM
I beg to differ, what makes you think the twin turbo 3.5l six potter has less potential than a 1.8ltr turbo?

i seriously doubt the $6000 will make the s3 as quick and as nice...

Apex
18th April 2008, 03:02 PM
Even stock, S3 won't be slower than 135i to 100km/h by more than a couple of tenths. It is $6,000 cheaper, is AWD and highly moddable, unlike the Bavarian.

What makes you say its more moddable?? Also the 135i is in another league! The 135i is a bland looking sports car the Audi is an overpriced hot hatch ;)

dieselhead
18th April 2008, 03:03 PM
I didn't say it has less potential, only that is harder to mod. There are reliable solutions to mod the VW/Audi/Skoda 2.0 litre turbo engine but I'm yet to see how far up the twinturbo six, a much more complex engine, could go.

blueraven
18th April 2008, 03:04 PM
just checked a few figures, the 0-100 for an S3 is 6.3 seconds..vs 5.1 seconds for the 135i. One second is ALOT.

Apex
18th April 2008, 03:07 PM
Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3comQxPNWI

dieselhead
18th April 2008, 03:12 PM
Not sure where you're getting those figures from. S3 should be something like 5.7 seconds rather than over 6. The 135i is a bit slower than your 5.1 seconds, too.

Have a look here. (http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php?page_id=compare&car1=459a7e3125a10&car2=473d6e85e5770)

sooty
18th April 2008, 03:22 PM
Enjoy :)

I did....jolly good show! :D

blueraven
18th April 2008, 03:29 PM
http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php?page_id=compare&car1=473d6e85e5770&car2=459a8aa0d5690

lol...

i dont know where they get their stats from, but last time i saw an evo 9 do 0-100 in 5.7 seconds was in reverse. Both the sti and the evo are sub 5 second 0-100 cars.

sooty
18th April 2008, 03:31 PM

Says 5.3 for the 135i, just to add another figure to the mix...:)

Wraith
18th April 2008, 03:33 PM

Damn :(

Regardless of the performance arguements guys - it's still bloody pricey...

15k over a brand new Sti drive away...for me that'll make it less favourable because it already lacks the practicality of a 5 door hatch or 4 door sedan...and it's performance and handling is behind an Sti as well, it does look much cooler than an Sti and that TT 3.0 IL 6 is very desirable, even though the 2.5 4 pot boxer of the Sti will eat it, stock or modded, there's just something about the Beemers engine that draws your attention :)

For you BR if you want a coupe and can afford it - go for it, IMO heaps better than the afore mentioned Audi...

dieselhead
18th April 2008, 03:34 PM
See you're an urban legends fan :)
Stock Sti/Evo are not sub 5 seconds cars.

blueraven
18th April 2008, 03:39 PM
See you're an urban legends fan :)
Stock Sti/Evo are not sub 5 seconds cars.

Must be all those urban legends i have watched at Kwinana motorplex repeatedly do 5.0s flat or less 0-100 times.**

** I didnt say their gearboxes or clutches lasted long, only that they will do 0-100 in 5.0s flat or lower.

Apex
18th April 2008, 03:41 PM

15k over a brand new Sti drive away...for me that'll make it less favourable because it already lacks the practicality of a 5 door hatch or 4 door sedan...and it's performance and handling is behind an Sti as well, it does look much cooler than an Sti and that TT 3.0 IL 6 is very desirable, even though the 2.5 4 pot boxer of the Sti will eat it, stock or modded, there's just something about the Beemers engine that draws your attention :)

For you BR if you want a coupe and can afford it - go for it, IMO heaps better than the afore mentioned Audi...

71RRP

And EV0-WRX are mid 5 sec cars :)

Ice
18th April 2008, 03:47 PM

well i was going to say..yes it costs more but its a BMW ! its built better, its different inside and has that european feel to it...people look at it and think...nice ! if your driving a rex most people wouldnt look twice and then just think your a hoon.......god damn if i had the money ide get a 135 !

USC
18th April 2008, 04:06 PM
1 sec is not a LOT! u must be bloody impatient:p ..comeon....how many things can u do in 1 sec? prob nothing...

conclusion: 135i is an UGLY DOG.

Wraith
18th April 2008, 04:13 PM
well i was going to say..yes it costs more but its a BMW ! its built better, its different inside and has that european feel to it...people look at it and think...nice ! if your driving a rex most people wouldnt look twice and then just think your a hoon.......god damn if i had the money ide get a 135 !

I agree with what you've stated above, except the new Sti and new Evo 10 are a long way separated from previous models in looks and build quality and features...

In case you havn't been keeping up with reports/reviews etc. both Evo 10 and new Sti are copping heaps of flak from previous die hards for looking too soft and too refined and not agressive enough anymore !!! in other words the hoon look and perception is fading - I say that's fantastic and finally I can see myself in one, compared to past models, of which I don't like any ;)

Both have stepped up from all the previous models in those 2 areas, yes still not as good as a Beemer, but much better than before :)

In this comparo, it all depends on what the specific individual/buyer is looking for !!!

For me, I have a vert and a 4x4 SUV which will remain, the Beemer 320i sedan will be going soon and I plan on getting another hi-po coupe in time (maybe GT-R) and I want/need a practical everyday ride, which I also want it to have excellent performance, handling and good features/kit, the 135i dosn't fit this requirement, in terms of practicality, but if it were cheaper, I'd consider it...

The other thing with the Beemer to consider is service costs, which will be alot more than the others too...

Wraith
18th April 2008, 04:16 PM
1 sec is not a LOT! u must be bloody impatient:p ..comeon....how many things can u do in 1 sec? prob nothing...

1sec is alot in terms of performance times to 100km/h...

In a typical duel to 100km/h you'd be at least a couple of car lengths in front with a 1sec advantage, in other words a good and proper thumping or win ;)

In terms of it's looks, that's an individual thing - we all see/view cars in a different way :)

Ice
18th April 2008, 04:27 PM
The other thing with the Beemer to consider is service costs, which will be alot more than the others too...

comon really, haha if your buying the 135i your not going to thinking about service costs are you. i guess both have pro's and cons and being a diehard BMW person my opinion is a little biased ;) its all about the prestige though init !

Ice
18th April 2008, 04:29 PM

you ever seen 1 second difference at the drags ? its a lot !

ive seen cars come in at an 11 second Quarter and the car that comes in at a very very respectable 12 looks like it got canned !

USC
18th April 2008, 04:42 PM
you ever seen 1 second difference at the drags ? its a lot !

ive seen cars come in at an 11 second Quarter and the car that comes in at a very very respectable 12 looks like it got canned !

hmm..for me...i dont mind being a sec slower..im still getting around may be 1 sec slower than u and my wallet is slightly more full.:p

Wraith
18th April 2008, 04:49 PM
comon really, haha if your buying the 135i your not going to thinking about service costs are you. i guess both have pro's and cons and being a diehard BMW person my opinion is a little biased ;) its all about the prestige though init !

mmmmm, I take it your unfamiliar with this aspect...

To answer your question - yes I would look at it and consider it quite seriously too !!!

I know of 1 person who purchased an X5 and sold it after the 2nd service, which cost over $2,000...yes this person too was totally unaware of the ongoing money pit you'd need with a Beemer...I did suggest to take it else where, warranty would still be valid, but he was totally cheased by the whole thing and this person is loaded...we're not talking about a 80k-ish Beemer here, we're talking about a much more expensive one...

You'll faint if I told you how much BMW charge to service the POS 320i I have, luckily it's a company car and I don't care as I don't foot the bill ;)

As previously stated, each to their own, as long as people do their homework, know exactly what they're getting and are happy with it, it's why not to any car purchase :)

Ice
18th April 2008, 04:50 PM
hmm..for me...i dont mind being a sec slower..im still getting around may be 1 sec slower than u and my wallet is slightly more full.:p

your right......1 second could cost alot ! thats why my astra is stock !

Ice
18th April 2008, 04:53 PM
[quote=Wraith;304296]
I know of 1 person who purchased an X5 and sold it after the 2nd service, which cost over $2,000...yes this person too was totally unaware of the ongoing money pit you'd need with a Beemer...I did suggest to take it else where, warranty would still be valid, but he was totally cheased by the whole thing and this person is loaded...we're not talking about a 80k-ish Beemer here, we're talking about a much more expensive one...

You'll faint if I told you how much BMW charge to service the POS 320i I have, luckily it's a company car and I don't care as I don't foot the bill ;)
[quote]

your right its the principle of the thing ! and a piss take.

rjastra
18th April 2008, 07:55 PM
did i post this before?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0806_bmw_135_mitsubishi_evo_mr_comparison

blueraven
18th April 2008, 10:29 PM
sigh.. its only 35k us???!!! :(

thats barely over 40k aus...wtf is going on with our car prices.

Really, really suprised how well it did against the new evo.

Calibrated
18th April 2008, 11:04 PM
sigh.. its only 35k us???!!! :(

thats barely over 40k aus...wtf is going on with our car prices.

Really, really suprised how well it did against the new evo.

"Luxury Car Tax"

ie. government's way to rip you a new ringhole for trying to be different

bornwild
18th April 2008, 11:42 PM
twin turbo 3.5l with a reflash is close too 300kw :D)

It's a 3.0l V6 ;)

bornwild
18th April 2008, 11:46 PM
did i post this before?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0806_bmw_135_mitsubishi_evo_mr_comparison

Love this bit

How do we explain our 135i consistently ripping off 4.7-second runs to 60, a full half-second faster than our Evo MR's fancy launch controlled sprint? We can't.

rjastra
19th April 2008, 08:01 AM
It's a 3.0l V6 ;)

Really? Thought it was an inline 6 :P

USC
19th April 2008, 09:58 AM
straight 6, v6, twin turbo..whatever...I would still take the EVO over the 1 series anyday.

nicecar
20th April 2008, 12:45 AM
the BMW 1 Series coupe 123D Diesel would leave an Astra turbo behind, can you believe it can do 0-100 in 6.7 secs!

Geebs
20th April 2008, 01:37 AM
The 135i Coupe is sex on wheels. It's definitely my next car. Fell in love with it when I saw it at the motor show.

bornwild
20th April 2008, 09:51 AM
Really? Thought it was an inline 6 :P

Oh dear...I meant 6 cylinder(I use the V as a designation of cylinders, my bad) but yes it is an in-line 6 :p

bornwild
20th April 2008, 09:52 AM
the BMW 1 Series coupe 123D Diesel would leave an Astra turbo behind, can you believe it can do 0-100 in 6.7 secs!

No shit. 150kW plus 400Nm of torque has got to do something.

blueraven
20th April 2008, 11:34 AM
its the 78k drive away (with no options) thats put me off :(

and its limited to 200 for this year...a one year old for circa 60k would be a great buy :)

USC
20th April 2008, 07:19 PM

how about the VXR?

USC
20th April 2008, 07:24 PM
The 135i Coupe is sex on wheels. It's definitely my next car. Fell in love with it when I saw it at the motor show.

lol!!:D

wouldnt u rather save ur penny and get the skyline gtr? now thats a real sports car;)

sooty
20th April 2008, 07:26 PM

wouldnt u rather save ur penny and get the skyline gtr? now thats a real sports car;)

That's a hell of a lot of pennys to save...

dieselhead
20th April 2008, 07:39 PM
how about the VXR?

Would leave a VXR behind, too. Just :) But then, a 123d would cost up to $20k more... If you drive it 29 years and six months, you might recoup the extra cost in fuel savings!

Wraith
21st April 2008, 04:28 PM
its the 78k drive away (with no options) thats put me off :(

and its limited to 200 for this year...a one year old for circa 60k would be a great buy :)

Agree, a 6-18 month old would be a much better option - hopefully you can find one with minimal km's too :)

Wraith
21st April 2008, 04:47 PM

Yes, I would....IMHO it's at least twice as good and twice as much car your getting, but agree with D145, it's twice the cost of the little Beemer, so that puts it out of reach for some people...

That 135i does have lots of appeal, if I came across a S/H of less than 12 months old for the same price as a new Sti, I might be tempted...

USC
21st April 2008, 07:19 PM
hmm..the thing with Beemers is they tend to look old quickly... they are quite conservative and their basic shape has not changed for decades.

bornwild
21st April 2008, 07:30 PM
hmm..the thing with Beemers is they tend to look old quickly...

It could not be any more opposite...

All the top-end German marques produce fantastic age-less designs. Ask any design enthusiast.

dieselhead
21st April 2008, 07:39 PM
hmm..the thing with Beemers is they tend to look old quickly... they are quite conservative and their basic shape has not changed for decades.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. If they're conservative and the shape doesn't change, how can they look old quickly? :D
On the other hand, I agree with Bornwild, BMW has been accused of so many style adventures and Bangle-isms during the last 10 years. You don't cop that much flack is you're conservative, do you?

USC
21st April 2008, 09:13 PM
okay okay...stop giving me crap...:D ... I still think their design is not excellent. the 7 series is damn ugly and the boot of the new 5 series looks horrible.

but I still think all their cars look the same..:p .. The new 3 series coupe is my favourite BMW ever!

have u guys seen the new audi A4? I like what they are doing with the head lights!!

bornwild
21st April 2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah the Audi is, again, another example of classical age-less design. I, personally, don't like the headlights though...something about them....

I love the A5 however...and I do agree with you about the 3-series coupe. Fabulous.

Orion_996
21st April 2008, 09:58 PM
Speaking of the new 3 coupe, anybody see this? I would kill for this...

poita
21st April 2008, 10:02 PM
i just had one of ange's trouser accidents!

Orion_996
21st April 2008, 10:07 PM
Indeed, I've been looking at these last two days, cant get over how good that rear view is, can definetly give a good run to a lot of women out there.

A little more info: Around 150kg weight reduction and power increase to 480hp from standard 414hp.

USC
21st April 2008, 11:06 PM
That is AMAZING!:clap: :drool: Pity its a concept...would love to see that car go in production:pray:

bornwild
21st April 2008, 11:06 PM
Indeed, I've been looking at these last two days, cant get over how good that rear view is, can definetly give a good run to a lot of women out there.

A little more info: Around 150kg weight reduction and power increase to 480hp from standard 414hp.

That looks like the shizz....I'd lose the shiny rims though!

Wraith
22nd April 2008, 12:53 PM

LOL agree with you guys - it's dead sexy indeed :D

Is it the new proposed CSL variant of the M3 ??

If so it'll have alot of kit and features and interior removed :(

Would be nice if you could get a standard M3 with the external body parts and powerplant of that variant... :)

Edit:
Just did a search for more info - it's a Japanese aftermarket enhanced jobbie :eek: far out those Japs keep impressing me, it's the same company (Amuse Powerhouse) that currently have the most powerful modified GT-R !!! check this link for more great pics:

http://kultivate.wordpress.com/2008/01/11/ericsson-m480-concept-bmw-m3/

Geebs
22nd April 2008, 01:29 PM

I guess im getting old lol With the 1 series, u get the sports car - but for me, I recon its class as well :p

Don't slam me - its my opinion :D

Ice
22nd April 2008, 01:32 PM
Speaking of the new 3 coupe, anybody see this? I would kill for this...

As would i my friend, as would i !

USC
22nd April 2008, 02:00 PM
LOL agree with you guys - it's dead sexy indeed :D

Is it the new proposed CSL variant of the M3 ??

If so it'll have alot of kit and features and interior removed :(

Would be nice if you could get a standard M3 with the external body parts and powerplant of that variant... :)

Edit:
Just did a search for more info - it's a Japanese aftermarket enhanced jobbie :eek: far out those Japs keep impressing me, it's the same company (Amuse Powerhouse) that currently have the most powerful modified GT-R !!! check this link for more great pics:

http://kultivate.wordpress.com/2008/01/11/ericsson-m480-concept-bmw-m3/

HOT HOT HOT! but jap chicks have no ass:p

Wraith
22nd April 2008, 03:16 PM
but jap chicks have no ass:p

Nothing could be further from the truth....have you checked out some of the Japanese porn industry actressess ?? some of the best ass' bodies and faces I've ever seen :o :o :D

Oh back to that enhanced M3, it's actually up to 427hp not 480 and does look fantastic/much better compared to stock, I love it...

Euro car industry had better watch out !!! the Japanese are all over em like white on rice, both with their own cars and mods for the Euro cars !!!

The upcoming Lexus LF-A and new Honda NSX are gonna catch the Europeans with their pants down again, just like the GT-R currently has...

USC
22nd April 2008, 03:34 PM
I agree with faces:D havent checked out too many jap chick asses...i should...lol:p

bornwild
22nd April 2008, 03:40 PM
I agree with faces:D havent checked out too many jap chick asses...i should...lol:p

On that note, so should I:D :D :D

bornwild
22nd April 2008, 03:42 PM
Lol...asians and the rest of the world have a loooong way ahead of them in order to produce cars as refined as German marques ;)

USC
22nd April 2008, 03:59 PM
Lol...asians and the rest of the world have a loooong way ahead of them in order to produce cars as refined as German marques ;)

If you are talking BMW and Mercs, then yes, but if you are talking Opel and other cheap german brands ...NO WAY man!

Wraith
22nd April 2008, 04:44 PM
If you are talking BMW and Mercs, then yes, but if you are talking Opel and other cheap german brands ...NO WAY man!

+1

Although even the Beemers and Mercs arn't ahead anymore !!!

Most recent World car of the year = Lexus !!! beating the nearly always previous winner Merc 500 series...

Like I've said numerous times, the gap between Jap and Euro cars is diminishing, it'll only get smaller, until only brands like Ferrari etc. will have anything over them - it's just a matter of time.

In terms of performance and affordability, the Japs are already on top and they've proven that they can be on top with quality and luxury and build quality too (the above mentioned Lexus)...it always takes alot longer for peoples perceptions and attitudes to change though ;)

I really like that Ericsson M3 the more I look at it - a Japanese enhanced M3...mmmmm best of both Worlds :)

bornwild
22nd April 2008, 05:07 PM

I was actually referring to Audi, mostly. Audi is beyond Merc and BMW in my opinion. This is from my Melbourne Motorshow experiences ;)

The top of the range lexus look like mid-range cars compared to A4's and A6's and A5's....I'm not even talking about the A8!!!!

blueraven
22nd April 2008, 07:33 PM
...I'm not even talking about the A8!!!!

My dads A8 is very, very, very nice :D

And how dare you diss asian asses...dont make me post some porn on here!!

imay
22nd April 2008, 07:46 PM
There's really only one thing holding me back from either the 135 Coupe OR Convertible . . . . well, actually between 70,000 to 90,000 very good reasons!

I reckon they are the ant's pants. Luv 'em! Not totally smitten with the front styling, but I most certainly could live with it, after all, I wouldn't be spending much time standing in front of it checking out its good looks.

xplosv57
22nd April 2008, 09:29 PM
Can't go wrong with a 135i, i mean in the class it is in, it's good value!!! You can't compare it to STi's or Evo's or SRi-T's because they're in a completely different category!!

It's like comparing a base model 320i to a VE Clubby, same price but the VE beats it in every performance aspect, but the 2 cars are in different categories!!!

Although i'd be kinda peed off if i'd have bought a 335i and the 135i has better performance for almost 30k cheaper!!!

blueraven
22nd April 2008, 09:51 PM
Although i'd be kinda peed off if i'd have bought a 335i and the 135i has better performance for almost 30k cheaper!!!

Whoa whoa whoa.....the 335i is hell of alot more car.*

(for a hell of alot more money)

xplosv57
22nd April 2008, 10:00 PM
I said performance wise the 135i is slightly better than the 335i, i'm not taking anything away from the 3 Series at all!!!!

As for looks, the 335i is a heck of alot more better looking IMHO, although once the 135i makes it way to dealers, i'll have to compare more closely!!!

imay
22nd April 2008, 10:16 PM
Wrap yer eyeballs around these pix http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536&page=3

I rest my case!

xplosv57
22nd April 2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah i got the official pics a few days ago, i actually think it looks better in person!!!!

rjastra
22nd April 2008, 10:23 PM
I can't believe people are carrying on about the LF-A and NSX. They have been delayed so many times simply because they don't match the Euro competition.

Remember the japanese manufacturer thats produces the GTR is actually run by a Euro company ;)

Wraith
22nd April 2008, 10:25 PM
Wrap yer eyeballs around these pix http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536&page=3

I rest my case!

It sure is a nice looking and very appealing little Beemer, ( much better looking than the hatch variant, which is ugly IMHO :sick: ) with excellent performance straight out of the box and very good potential for more...and although it is pricey, it's good to finally see a decent looking and hi-po BMW that's priced well south of 6 figures :)

It starts looking better if you compare it to some other Euro marks like the Audi TT etc. where by a base model of one of those which is a 2.0ltr turbo and FWD is 15k dearer...

Wraith
22nd April 2008, 10:39 PM
I can't believe people are carrying on about the LF-A and NSX. They have been delayed so many times simply because they don't match the Euro competition.

Remember the japanese manufacturer thats produces the GTR is actually run by a Euro company ;)

Yes ok, I'm sure some of us know all of that ;)

All indications are that they will exist - you can put your money on the LF-A
it's undergoing final prep at the 'ring' as we speak and it's even bettering the GT-R ATM !!

The NSX is still at least a couple of years away...

As for manufacturers of some makes belonging to other countries companies, how many are in this boat ?? yes quite a few, 'the fact is' the original manufacturer in question is still running the show and producing the product with it's own indigenous talent and capabilities, not those from the company that owns them LOL therefore last statement above is meaningless ;)

Appologies for straying off topic :)

rjastra
23rd April 2008, 08:52 AM
It starts looking better if you compare it to some other Euro marks like the Audi TT etc. where by a base model of one of those which is a 2.0ltr turbo and FWD is 15k dearer...

Are you talking about a 125i vs an audi TT? Because an Audi tt starts at $69K

Wraith
23rd April 2008, 09:10 AM
Are you talking about a 125i vs an audi TT? Because an Audi tt starts at $69K

I'm talking about the discussed topic here :rolleyes:

ie: the '135i' vs Audi TT - as mentioned in my previous post - 2.0ltr turbo FWD model...I believe you would want to compare at least this model to the 3.0ltr IL 6 twin turbo Beemer, right ??

I've been into an Audi dealer, taken it for a drive and had it priced for me to drive it away - the cost was 96k ! that was the DSG equipped model, the MT model was 2.5k cheaper...

USC
23rd April 2008, 10:01 AM

ie: the '135i' vs Audi TT - as mentioned in my previous post - 2.0ltr turbo FWD model...I believe you would want to compare at least this model to the 3.0ltr IL 6 twin turbo Beemer, right ??

I've been into an Audi dealer, taken it for a drive and had it priced for me to drive it away - the cost was 96k ! that was the DSG equipped model, the MT model was 2.5k cheaper...

DSG is faster than manual.

rjastra
23rd April 2008, 10:14 AM

Well... its 69K + ORC for the basic manual TT :) So, all up probably a bit cheaper onroad than a 135i. No reason the ORC should differ much between the Audi and the BMW..? The 135i is a bargain though. From what I am reading the ORC for a 135i with a couple of options (hifi + sunroof) is in the low 80k range.

I would expect the Audi TT to have its price realigned soon on the entry of the 135i into the market. Probably they will add standard equipment (18 inch alloys and HID as standard)

I see the 130i 5 door has been reduced to under 60K now. Not bad for the 195kw engined model.

I wonder if the 125i 160kw can be easily upgraded to the 195kw figure of the 130i?

Wraith
23rd April 2008, 10:21 AM
DSG is faster than manual.

On that note - correct you are ;)

The V6 TT Quattro (it only comes in that model) was nearly 20k more...and the price I've listed above is fully loaded with everything - if anyones interested, I can list a detailed itemised description...

BTW for all those who don't know, the Audi TT 'does not' actually feature the Quattro AWD system, it is in fact fitted with the lesser '4 motion' set up !

Pity as the 4 motion is not as good as the Quattro and a little bit of false marketing/badging on some of the Audi range ! :rolleyes:

Anyways I'm still liking that 135i coupe - a white one with twin exhaust system and bigger/nicer wheels and full kit additions would be nice :)

Wraith
23rd April 2008, 10:43 AM
Well... its 69K + ORC for the basic manual TT :) So, all up probably a bit cheaper onroad than a 135i. No reason the ORC should differ much between the Audi and the BMW..? The 135i is a bargain though. From what I am reading the ORC for a 135i with a couple of options (hifi + sunroof) is in the low 80k range.

I would expect the Audi TT to have its price realigned soon on the entry of the 135i into the market. Probably they will add standard equipment (18 inch alloys and HID as standard)

I see the 130i 5 door has been reduced to under 60K now. Not bad for the 195kw engined model.

I wonder if the 125i 160kw can be easily upgraded to the 195kw figure of the 130i?

The model I had priced was 72,900 + 16,800 for the full features list + 4,485 stamp duty tax ( 5% of 89,700) + 1500 dealer delivery + 575 reg = 96,260...

It would be 93,760 for the MT

It would be 76,960 for the cheapest option and as you've stated a bit cheaper than the 135i, but it comes with nothing, when I looked at it - it needed at least 6k added onto it, to look and feel like an Audi on the inside...

ORC will differ depending on the final cost of the car - the threash hold is 57k.

Above this and it's 5% stamp duty, below and it's 4% and it's calculated on the final pricing including ALL additions/options, not the cars base model price.

Dealer delivery also varies significantly from brand to brand, some want as much as 3k - yes it's a joke...

Agree that the 135i seems a bargain for what you get comparatively speaking up against other Euro marks, that's why I brought up this TT comparison in the 1st place ;)

I do hope that the TT pricing will change, it's one damn sexy car and I'd love to own one, but I doubt it will, because there are 2 new models coming - the TT/S and TT/RS both will compete with Porsche models, so price will remain very high...

If the oiler in the 125i can be boosted to 190kw that would be fantastic - and finally make more oiler converts :)

USC
23rd April 2008, 12:51 PM
The model I had priced was 72,900 + 16,800 for the full features list + 4,485 stamp duty tax ( 5% of 89,700) + 1500 dealer delivery + 575 reg = 96,260...

It would be 93,760 for the MT

It would be 76,960 for the cheapest option and as you've stated a bit cheaper than the 135i, but it comes with nothing, when I looked at it - it needed at least 6k added onto it, to look and feel like an Audi on the inside...

ORC will differ depending on the final cost of the car - the threash hold is 57k.

Above this and it's 5% stamp duty, below and it's 4% and it's calculated on the final pricing including ALL additions/options, not the cars base model price.

Dealer delivery also varies significantly from brand to brand, some want as much as 3k - yes it's a joke...

Agree that the 135i seems a bargain for what you get comparatively speaking up against other Euro marks, that's why I brought up this TT comparison in the 1st place ;)

I do hope that the TT pricing will change, it's one damn sexy car and I'd love to own one, but I doubt it will, because there are 2 new models coming - the TT/S and TT/RS both will compete with Porsche models, so price will remain very high...

If the oiler in the 125i can be boosted to 190kw that would be fantastic - and finally make more oiler converts :)

I didnt know the 125i was fitted with an oiler...

Wraith
23rd April 2008, 01:05 PM
I didnt know the 125i was fitted with an oiler...

Oops, :o sorry bout that, I somehow got into thinking it was a turbo diesel model...

Gus
17th September 2008, 12:40 PM
My old mans mrs just got one of these 135i convertibles.
If i'm lucky I might be able to get my hands on it for the next GOR cruise.
The power in these things is awesome, I only got to sit in the passenger seat last time though :(

Wraith
18th September 2008, 10:18 AM
My old mans mrs just got one of these 135i convertibles.
If i'm lucky I might be able to get my hands on it for the next GOR cruise.
The power in these things is awesome, I only got to sit in the passenger seat last time though :(

It sure is...

BMW quote 225kw/400nm - BUT from dozens of dyno runs, the fib is exposed...

Power is pretty much bang on 225kw, but they're pumping out more like 450nm !

Nearly all dyno runs I've seen on the 1 series forum of the stock cars, are producing 400nm or over at the wheels...still RWD only and without a proper LSD, alot of it goes to waste...

Some guys are fitting LSD's to their 135i's and major mods, I'll keep you all posted of the results :)

BTW the 135i vert is one of the best soft top verts out there IMHO, enjoy it, if you get the chance to get your hands on it :)