PDA

View Full Version : E30 with Opel 2.0l Turbo Engine

Apex
17th April 2008, 07:36 PM
I have an e30 BMW that im currently looking at transplanting something grunty under the hood..Found this and thought it looked quite cool!

There are a couple of Video’s on the linked page also.

http://www.vmax.de/jpg/e30-130804-02.JPG
http://www.vmax.de/jpg/e30-130804-01.JPG
http://www.vmax.de/jpg/121_2101.JPG

What do ya reckon guys..

Link. (http://www.tremek.com/forum/bmw-videos/13380-e30-opel-2-0l-turbo-engine.html)

EL BURITO
17th April 2008, 08:03 PM
interesting.

bit messed up thou, that doesn't belong under there

InsaneAsylum
17th April 2008, 08:43 PM
NO.............................

RB20DET or SR20DET

relatively cheap and can easily be tuned to 170rwkw

that in an E30 shell = death machine

DO IT

blueraven
17th April 2008, 11:19 PM
c20let's are the SR20's of the uk...

350hp all day long easily.

Apex
18th April 2008, 07:04 AM
SR-20DET’s are weak in comparison… I wouldn’t put a Opel Engine in a BMW but thought this might have been of some interest as we don’t see much old Scholl Opel stuff on here.

Im probably just going to beef up a 2.5 BMW engine as it will bolt straight in and I can retain all the auxiliaries without needing fabrication :dance:

SSS_Hoon
18th April 2008, 07:12 AM
SR-20DET’s are weak in comparison… :dance:

Wash your mouth out LoL:D

SSS_Hoon

Apex
18th April 2008, 07:25 AM
Haha, I have seen a few go pop with standard internals. The Opel block is much stronger and also has much better factory head flow..

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 08:11 AM
the reason i'd go japanese over euro any day of the week, is because there are 1,000,000,000 engines, cars and spare parts imported here from japan. not only that, you can walk into any shop and buy bolt-on aftermarket performance parts for jap motors.

c20let's may be good, but no one seems to know anything about them in this half of the world and parts are scarce...

even in new zullund, where they are importing anything and everything, the majority is japanese. break something and it's a nice and cheap trip down to the wreckers.

it'd be great to have a tough c20 but **** it's going to hurt you if it breaks

poita
18th April 2008, 08:14 AM
c20let's are the SR20's of the uk...

350hp all day long easily.

wat he said.
in the UK u can walk into any shop and buy bolt on bits for em insane

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 08:21 AM
wat he said.
in the UK u can walk into any shop and buy bolt on bits for em insane

no shit

but we aren't in the UK, so it's a dumb idea

how much does it cost to send an engine and gearbox over her from there... forget about it

poita
18th April 2008, 08:37 AM
and TTEETT isnt in australia.

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 09:21 AM
and TTEETT isnt in australia.

thanks captain obvious, hence why i mentioned new zealand in my previous post.

i've spent a lot of time in new zealand and i know the car scene quite well over there and over here as well and what i know goes on in the UK via migweb and vvoc, yet i'd still do a jap transplant over euro anyday.

don't let your passion for opel get in the way of common sense. by all means i'm an opel fan... since the mid 90's, however i've also had enough headaches in my life to realise i don't need anymore and putting a c20let into another chassis rings alarm bells.

my mates dad owns a wedding car company, has some really awesome old jags, guess what? they all run holden 202 motors and trimatics for the same reason. old jag motors cause headaches when they **** up, 202's are cheap to repair.

poita
18th April 2008, 09:25 AM
this has made me lol

yer i totally agree with ya insane.
but y do wat everyone else has. everyones solutions for an engine transplant is SR20. if your going to the lengths of doing a transplant y not do something that you like. heck y not throw a lexus quad cam v8 in it ;)
yes i no sr20 stuff u fall over it in the street and thats y everyone does it.
im sure theres more to motors than an sr20

Apex
18th April 2008, 09:26 AM
Settle down Kids! :p Im not going to be doing this I just posted up because I thought I was cool!

If I was going to build a hybrid I would use a 1JZ-GTE as they would stomp anything short of a RB-26-DETT.

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 09:28 AM
actualyl a 1uzfe would be nice, there are plenty of options you're right, but i still maintain my point not choosing the painful option for the sake of being different.

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 09:32 AM
i think there's only one way to settle this gentlemen :D :p

http://www.irish-boxing.com/graphics/world/Ricky_Hatton_Camarena_Sparring.jpg

SSS_Hoon
18th April 2008, 09:33 AM
2JZGTE>RB26DETT

/end

SSS_Hoon

poita
18th April 2008, 09:59 AM
i must be the one in black, theres no way im that tubby!

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 10:31 AM
i must be the one in black, theres no way im that tubby!

alright then.... i'll be the fat one :D

Apex
18th April 2008, 11:09 AM
Id take the 2JZ-GTE thanks, they are bloody expensive though.. Guys in Japan even transplant them into the Skyline’s.

SSS_Hoon
18th April 2008, 11:24 AM
Id take the 2JZ-GTE thanks, they are bloody expensive though.. Guys in Japan even transplant them into the Skyline’s.

they are sweet as, my dads conversion has 3000k on the clock now had a bit of trouble with it but seems to be running sweet now.

Oh its in a ford ute :D

SSS_Hoon

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 11:27 AM
they are sweet as, my dads conversion has 3000k on the clock now had a bit of trouble with it but seems to be running sweet now.

Oh its in a ford ute :D

SSS_Hoon

nice! i'm not sure these days, but about 5 years ago, if you sourced an aristo front cut, it was much cheaper than a supra front cut, but you still got all of the 2JZ goodness

SSS_Hoon
18th April 2008, 11:31 AM
nice! i'm not sure these days, but about 5 years ago, if you sourced an aristo front cut, it was much cheaper than a supra front cut, but you still got all of the 2JZ goodness

yeah that is what it is from a Aristo complete with the Factory Auto and stally with custom made tailshaft with a skyline centre bearing toyota front half and for rear into a 9" diff.

The Supra ECU is better then the Aristo's if you want to increase performance and stuff from them though.

SSS_Hoon

oneightoo
18th April 2008, 12:12 PM
this has made me lol

yer i totally agree with ya insane.
but y do wat everyone else has. everyones solutions for an engine transplant is SR20. if your going to the lengths of doing a transplant y not do something that you like. heck y not throw a lexus quad cam v8 in it ;)
yes i no sr20 stuff u fall over it in the street and thats y everyone does it.
im sure theres more to motors than an sr20

remember the calibra in canberra with the SR20 turbo conversion?

it died, a painful really expensive death..

doesnt matter which way you go, any transplant is going to hell expensive, and theres always going to be things going wrong..

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 12:25 PM
it died, a painful really expensive death..

tell me a story...

last i saw the owner was talking it up but wouldn't tell me the details of the conversion, then it was for sale on ebay

now it died a painful death... how, why?

Apex
18th April 2008, 12:27 PM
An Aristo cut is even hard to find let alone a Supra with the very sought after 6-speed. I looked at converting my last car to a 2JZ-Gte and it was going to cost over $15,000.

I have driven a few Aristo and they are a different beast than the Supra, You don’t get an LSD or Manuel option for a start, and then there is the lack of breaks and the inability to switch stability control off. More a gentleman’s cruiser with potential to eat HSV’s given you have 10K to set it up.

What’s a Facelift Supra RZ worth in aus?

oneightoo
18th April 2008, 12:28 PM
not to sure on the ins and outs of it, but..

he was talking on the calibra forum about the probs it was having.. how it was costing him a fortune with repairs.. and then one day he posted that it blew up.. and we never heard from him a again.. that is until it went up for sale..

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 12:57 PM
An Aristo cut is even hard to find let alone a Supra with the very sought after 6-speed. I looked at converting my last car to a 2JZ-Gte and it was going to cost over $15,000.

I have driven a few Aristo and they are a different beast than the Supra, You don’t get an LSD or Manuel option for a start, and then there is the lack of breaks and the inability to switch stability control off. More a gentleman’s cruiser with potential to eat HSV’s given you have 10K to set it up.

What’s a Facelift Supra RZ worth in aus?

check out

carsales.com.au
carpoint.com.au

should show a few examples

InsaneAsylum
18th April 2008, 01:00 PM
not to sure on the ins and outs of it, but..

he was talking on the calibra forum about the probs it was having.. how it was costing him a fortune with repairs.. and then one day he posted that it blew up.. and we never heard from him a again.. that is until it went up for sale..

yeah i think it's strange... i asked him about what gearbox was used and how they hooked it all up to drive shafts etc.

he said it was a secret and he couldn't tell me because i'd steal his idea LOL
then it was on ebay.

i'm calling bullshit on the whole thing, it never existed, it was a cunning photoshop and until i can sniff the fumes from it's exhaust, i wont believe it had a fwd sr20 in it. "blowing up" would have been convenient way to end the whole story

oneightoo
18th April 2008, 03:02 PM
apparently he bought it already converted from another dude..

conversion cost was somewhere in the $10k field fully engineered..