PDA

View Full Version : A 'How to' on the Astra...

GreyRex
17th April 2008, 03:18 PM
After having our Vic meet on Sunday, and realising I wasn't the only one with this issue, I thought i'd make a suggestion...

Is it possible for someone to put a 'How to' together, or some pics, on how to get rid of the creaking sound that comes from the rear of nearly all AH's???? It's officially a known problem, and my Holden dealer fixed it by about 70% when I took it in. But it still happens when i go up my steep driveway. It is possible for us to help get rid of it ourselves?? I wouldn't really know what to look at under there. It just sounds like it needs to be lubricated, and comes and goes... but I dont want it there in the first place. What to use or what to do what be great:)

Jonno
17th April 2008, 06:53 PM
What the problem would be im pretty sure would be your 'bushes'.

When i got my AH about 10 months ago i had the creaking, took it back to holden wh informed me that the bushes on the AH are dodgy and that there were some new ones that had just been designed and mine were replaced, havent had the issue since.

Hope this helps.

Jonno

sooty
17th April 2008, 07:20 PM
What the problem would be im pretty sure would be your 'bushes'.

When i got my AH about 10 months ago i had the creaking, took it back to holden wh informed me that the bushes on the AH are dodgy and that there were some new ones that had just been designed and mine were replaced, havent had the issue since.

Hope this helps.

Jonno

This is correct, too bad some dealerships even when you tell them how to fix the problem still don't do it!:mad: What we want to see is a how to on how to lube the bushes yourself...:)

GreyRex
17th April 2008, 08:49 PM
This is correct, too bad some dealerships even when you tell them how to fix the problem still don't do it!:mad: What we want to see is a how to on how to lube the bushes yourself...:)

Exactly. The replacement bushes have been done. What i'm after is a 'how to' for all AH owners on what actually causes it and how to 'fix' it when it re-appears. Mine is still there a little

SIMid
17th April 2008, 09:43 PM
After having our Vic meet on Sunday, and realising I wasn't the only one with this issue

Yup, heard my squeeking shaggin Astra.

How certain do you know that they actually changed the bushes? Maybe they lubed them instead?

MatsHolden
17th April 2008, 09:48 PM
Interesting, my old man had a creak when he first got his AH Turbs in the left rear and they tightend up the rear shock. 82,500km and no creak. On an unrelated note, 82,500km and still on the original tyres! The Dunlops go alright.

sooty
17th April 2008, 09:59 PM
Interesting, my old man had a creak when he first got his AH Turbs in the left rear and they tightend up the rear shock. 82,500km and no creak. On an unrelated note, 82,500km and still on the original tyres! The Dunlops go alright.

See that's what my form said "Checked and retightened"...but it's made no difference, actually...i think it's worse now...:(

digi
5th May 2008, 09:52 AM
Exactly. The replacement bushes have been done. What i'm after is a 'how to' for all AH owners on what actually causes it and how to 'fix' it when it re-appears. Mine is still there a little

I've had the bushes lubed and then replaced and I still have the creaking sound. It's possible they didn't use the 'new type' ones though, and just replaced them with the same problem ones. The holden service guy didn't want to listen to my suggestions on how to fix it :mad:

But yeah some sort of how to would be good so I can have a look myself.

AH Sri Turb04
8th May 2008, 02:23 PM
I took mine to Holden the other week and told them about the creaking in the rear left and that it might be the bushes, they said it was a common complaint.

However, after they looked at it they concluded it was the HATCH that was causing the noise!!!! So they greased up the black pods where the hatch closes and I haven't heard a thing since....:confused: :confused:

USC
8th May 2008, 02:33 PM
I took mine to Holden the other week and told them about the creaking in the rear left and that it might be the bushes, they said it was a common complaint.

However, after they looked at it they concluded it was the HATCH that was causing the noise!!!! So they greased up the black pods where the hatch closes and I haven't heard a thing since....:confused: :confused:

lol..what black pods?? u mean the rubber stoppers on the tail lights? I had a couple of noises coming from tailgate and I replaced the tail gate pins myself, added extra black heat and water resistant grease, and adjusted the stoppers on the tailgate(tricky on the AH...let me know if u want instructions on how to do this as its not a simple screw/unscrew)...didnt hear a thing since... :)

cbrmale
10th May 2008, 03:37 PM
My car was built April 2007 so I think it should have the new-style rear suspension bushes. In any case there's a creak that comes and goes from the left rear, but it mostly goes for now.

USC
10th May 2008, 10:22 PM
My car was built April 2007 so I think it should have the new-style rear suspension bushes. In any case there's a creak that comes and goes from the left rear, but it mostly goes for now.

mine was built nov06..but never had rear suspension noises.