PDA

View Full Version : Dyno day Confirmed for 24th May, Hosted by Ozmazda

CORZZA
15th April 2008, 08:43 PM
OZMAZDA Dyno Day will be held at Silverwater Automotive Services (SAS) in Silverwater. Dyno runs will be conducted in "Shootout" mode on a 4WD Dyno Dynamics Chassis Dyno.
The day is open to everyone, all vehicles are more than welcome. Remember - ANY vehicle can compete but to be eligible for the Trophies the car MUST be MAZDA powered.
Each vehicle will receive ONE run on the 4WD Dyno. ONE run consists of two attempts with the best one being recorded and a print out provided

When: Saturday 24th May
Dyno Venue:
Silverwater Automotive Services
Unit 1 / 141 Silverwater Rd,
Silverwater, NSW. 2128
Phone: (02) 9748 1300

WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR A SPONSOR FOR THIS EVENT! Please contact Michael Giles (0413 329 550) if you are interested in being the trophy Sponsor for Dyno Day!

Costs
Financial Contributors
$45 - 2WD
$65 - 4WD
Non Financial Contributors
$50 - 2WD
$70 - 4WD
Please Note: 4WD cars cost extra due to the extra time on the Dyno that is required to strap the cars down properly.

We will require payment in full for the day before the event in order to confirm your spot. Refunds will be available up to a week before the event if you need to pull out for some reason. The day will be limited to 50 cars, but a minimum of 20 cars is required for the day to proceed.

Commonwealth Bank
Account Name: ozmazda
BSB: 063 464
Account No: 1031 3809

Please enter your user name + the words DynoDay as the transaction reference.
Please PM me once you have paid the deposit.

DETAILS FOR THE DAY

FOOD
The Day will start with a Bacon and Egg Sandwich for Breakfast at $2.50 for Contributors and $3.50 for Non contributors
For Lunch Contributors will be able to buy a Sausage Sandwich for $2 and a cold can of drink for $1. Non contributors will be able to buy a Sausage Sandwich for $3 and a cold can of drink for $1. Rissole sandwiches will also be available at $3 for Contributors and $4 for Non contributors.

TROPHIES
There will be 6 primary categories with the overall Killerwatt King perpetual trophy going to the highest overall score of the day.
Vehicles will be eligible to compete in only one PRIMARY class. The vehicle owner may choose to compete in a higher class but must do so before their Dyno Run.

The 6 Primary classes are:
Under 1800cc N/A Class
1800cc - 2800cc N/A Class
Over 2800cc N/A Class
Under 1800cc Forced Induction Class
1800cc - 2400cc Forced Induction Class
Over 2400cc Forced Induction Class.
The 2 Secondary Class Trophies are:
Top 4WD
Most improved.*
*The Most improved Trophy is for the member with the Highest percentage kw increase on his/her car from the previous Dyno Day. It must be the same Vehicle and must be back to back Dyno days. This trophy will be available on the next Dyno Day.

TROPHY ELIGIBILITY
Only MAZDA powered vehicles are eligible for trophies.
Only your FIRST Dyno Run counts towards the trophies. Should you wish to have a second run on the dyno you are more than welcome to do so. All are welcome to pay for a second run if time allows
However Only the first run will be elegible for consideration. Time permitting Second Runs will be available at the end of the day.
The Offical Judging team on the day will accept comment from each vehicle owner BEFORE the car is unstrapped from the Dyno. The Judges Decision regarding any possible re-run is Final.
The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No arguments will be tolerated with the Dyno Operators and any inappropriate behaviour will result in the offending competitor being asked to leave.

CLASS SELECTION
The class eligibility for your vehicle is based on the presence of forced induction be it Turbo or Supercharger and the capacity of your engine. Since there is no way to determine an engine's internal modification, capacity is based on the Original Factory capacity of the block used.
There are no boost limits for the forced induction classes, we do not handicap those people who have constructed an engine capable of supporting higher boost levels.
There are also no restrictions on the type of fuel used on the day. Should you be running anything other than PUMP gas please advise the Dyno opperator PRIOR to your run.

OZMAZDA and SAS will not be responsible for any damage, no matter how arising during testing/moving of the vehicles.

Wraith
15th April 2008, 09:34 PM
Should be a great/fun day out :)

Look forward to seeing the power outputs of any (if any) modded MPS3's or 6's...

So what happens if a non Mazda is the most powerful - no trophy :(

poita
15th April 2008, 09:38 PM
all the mazda boys cry and go home lol

as said ang, be intertesting to see wat power some of these cars are putitng out.
especially if there is any modded MPS6's

CORZZA
15th April 2008, 09:39 PM
i asked why that was the case and they said it was because they hosting it. but i suppose you dont need a trophy when you have a dyno print out saying you da man!! :)

CORZZA
15th April 2008, 09:41 PM
all the mazda boys cry and go home lol

as said ang, be intertesting to see wat power some of these cars are putitng out.
especially if there is any modded MPS6's

there will be more modded SP23's & 20's. Many a rotary and a hand full from the prelude club have confirmed so far

CORZZA
15th April 2008, 09:42 PM
come on fellas bring the good ol C20LET's out and show how its done!

mr corsa
15th April 2008, 09:52 PM
ozmazda must have some rich members for them dyno runs

OPC
15th April 2008, 11:44 PM
ozmazda must have some rich members for them dyno runs

haha tell me about it

autotech at granville **just around the corner** runs them at $50 for any brand of car and AWD or FWD or RWD

was speaking with a guy 3 weeks ago as of tomorrow at WSID who owned a MPS 3 with full zorst, chipped, CAI, show off valve aswell

got some good footage of his car running down the 1/4 best he could do was 13.9

sadly he said he was gunna sell it due to the car was too powerfull for a FWD

and then i introduced him to tony and his barina...

SSS_Hoon
16th April 2008, 07:48 AM
MMM sounds interesting..

Although i think its a tad rich as the one i was at last month was only 50 and it was for 3 runs with a print out of the best run or all 3 if you wanted and that included drinks also.

And was a pay on the day no need for pre entry as that turns alot of ppl off as work commitments changes and what not, cars break and so on.

Would be interested to go but pre entry and only 1 run aint worth $50.

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
16th April 2008, 08:55 AM
there will be more modded SP23's & 20's. Many a rotary and a hand full from the prelude club have confirmed so far

So no modded MPS's ??

What's happened with the Xede update that was being discussed on the Ozmazda club months ago ??

Be interesting to see the output numbers of any seriously modded rotaries though, an RX8 with RWD 50/50 weight split and only 1200+kg with a serious rotary would be a blast :)

CORZZA
16th April 2008, 04:46 PM
So no modded MPS's ??

What's happened with the Xede update that was being discussed on the Ozmazda club months ago ??

Be interesting to see the output numbers of any seriously modded rotaries though, an RX8 with RWD 50/50 weight split and only 1200+kg with a serious rotary would be a blast :)

oh there are a few....... Shhhhhh ;)

CORZZA
16th April 2008, 04:47 PM
MMM sounds interesting..

Although i think its a tad rich as the one i was at last month was only 50 and it was for 3 runs with a print out of the best run or all 3 if you wanted and that included drinks also.

And was a pay on the day no need for pre entry as that turns alot of ppl off as work commitments changes and what not, cars break and so on.

Would be interested to go but pre entry and only 1 run aint worth $50.

SSS_Hoon

If you read properly you get your money back if you cant make it.

CORZZA
16th April 2008, 04:48 PM
haha tell me about it

autotech at granville **just around the corner** runs them at $50 for any brand of car and AWD or FWD or RWD

was speaking with a guy 3 weeks ago as of tomorrow at WSID who owned a MPS 3 with full zorst, chipped, CAI, show off valve aswell

got some good footage of his car running down the 1/4 best he could do was 13.9

sadly he said he was gunna sell it due to the car was too powerfull for a FWD

and then i introduced him to tony and his barina...

You will find there are a couple doing better times than that now hey. Melbourne folk have a hand full.

Sydney fellas are in the lead though.

SAS are one of the most accurate & professional when it comes to dyno days. Hence they chose them

Wraith
16th April 2008, 04:49 PM
oh there are a few....... Shhhhhh ;)

Awesome :)

Now I'm really ancious to see the results :)

CORZZA
16th April 2008, 09:46 PM
so am i mate. A lot of them havent even been on the dyno yet. So there are some anxious drivers too

CORZZA
25th May 2008, 06:17 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc225/sp_bling/OZMAZDAcom-Dyno-Day-Result.gif

dug74
25th May 2008, 06:34 PM
Well Done Corzza, nice result.

My car did 158.3 when it was stock.

Corey did 187.5 in his black nugget as well.

Nice to see the results.

Happy Motoring
duglet

CORZZA
25th May 2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks dug!!

Mate im very happy hey.

200 killer wasps is very achievable!

Just need that Xede hey.

MitchSRi
25th May 2008, 06:42 PM
Gees those M3 MPS's certainly have a bit of balls :D

I'll be int'd to see how the OA one I'm organising in short term future turns out.

Thats right Opels and Opelettes you best not disappoint *points finger*

dug74
25th May 2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks dug!!

Mate im very happy hey.

200 killer wasps is very achievable!

Just need that Xede hey.

Very achievable.

Corey now has 206kw with the flash tune added.

The bad thing is...he has to replace the clutch...all that torque (460Nm). :dance:

He has Forge BOV, SRI, Turbo back and piasini flash tune.

As for stock MPS...on the qld dyno day at mercury sports.. 3 stock MPS all pushed out between 158 and 160kw. So not really bad performance for a car straight outta packet.

Happy Motoring
duglet

CORZZA
25th May 2008, 08:12 PM
Very achievable.

Corey now has 206kw with the flash tune added.

The bad thing is...he has to replace the clutch...all that torque (460Nm). :dance:

He has Forge BOV, SRI, Turbo back and piasini flash tune.

As for stock MPS...on the qld dyno day at mercury sports.. 3 stock MPS all pushed out between 158 and 160kw. So not really bad performance for a car straight outta packet.

Happy Motoring
duglet

Good work corey!! yeah im looking into the haltech myself.

Mate the stock performance is great!! considering there was a R32 golf who only managed 120kw:eek:

dug74
25th May 2008, 11:15 PM
Good work corey!! yeah im looking into the haltech myself.

Mate the stock performance is great!! considering there was a R32 golf who only managed 120kw:eek:

So you should 200+ and well over 440Nm when you get the haltech.

The R32 are AWD which should be taken into account.

Happy Motoring
duglet

Wraith
26th May 2008, 11:43 AM
Fantastic results on the MPS 3's guys... :clap:

Looks like all you need are minor mods and your at 180-190kw at the wheels...

I'm a little baffled to read the Xede only adds around another 10-20kw on top of that, I thought it'd be alot more ??? still can't complain with 210kw ATW for a FWD and good on Mazda for equipping it with a factory LSD :clap: wonder when the Euro manufacturers will wake up and do the same :rolleyes:

One of you guys get one of these MPS 3's at the track already, you should be getting deep into the 13sec zone with those numbers...

Also those Evos are impressive with their 2.0ltr with around 200kw at all 4's :)

Wraith
26th May 2008, 11:46 AM
The R32 are AWD which should be taken into account.

Happy Motoring
duglet

True that Dug, but how pityful they look compared to the Evos :D

CORZZA
26th May 2008, 06:52 PM
True that Dug, but how pityful they look compared to the Evos :D

The evos make them look silly!!

Will definatly be heading out to the track soon.

Yeah the Xede gets its best results with someone who knows how to tune the things. SAS apparently do a good tune on them. So we shall wait and see. Otherwise il get the Haltech unit.

Thanks again for inspiration!

poita
26th May 2008, 11:15 PM
im confused, either the results are wrong or someone stuffed up the remap
but wats the go with the clio?

CORZZA
27th May 2008, 04:34 PM
im confused, either the results are wrong or someone stuffed up the remap
but wats the go with the clio?

which car are you talking about?

sooty
27th May 2008, 05:01 PM
which car are you talking about?

bremund's....

CORZZA
27th May 2008, 05:17 PM
ah yeah i dont think he knew what he was doing.

He had the laptop plugged in and was fiddling with the ecu and it wasnt working

poita
27th May 2008, 06:52 PM
yer thats the one, very confusing indeed.
obv someone who shouldnt be near an ECU and laptop

Wraith
27th May 2008, 08:34 PM
yer thats the one, very confusing indeed.
obv someone who shouldnt be near an ECU and laptop

LOL your right, that's the 1st ecu remap I've seen go backwards on power :D

CORZZA
27th May 2008, 09:16 PM
the top figure for the clios was 104kw which is a bit down on the claimed fly wheel power of 132kw.

If you X 104 by 1.2 to get the flywheel conversion its still not at 132

MitchSRi
28th May 2008, 12:31 AM
Disappointing for the IS200 too.

Wraith
28th May 2008, 12:10 PM
the top figure for the clios was 104kw which is a bit down on the claimed fly wheel power of 132kw.

If you X 104 by 1.2 to get the flywheel conversion its still not at 132

Yeh, sometimes the manufacturers claims on power are much lower than is the case (especially with Evos and Wrx's and even GMH with its more recent V8's) but sometimes they claim higher, in some cases alot higher than what it actually is :mad:

This is what happened to alot of Mazda RX8 owners - when some complained about it to Mazda, I read Mazda was forced to take the car back and give out a refund and change their advertising of the quoted power figures ??? this is what I read up on several other Evo/GT-R forums of previous RX8 owners...has anyone had this happen with their RX8 on the Ozmazda forum Corzza ???

From what I recall the numbers looked like this: Mazda quoted for RX8 Manual 177kw - average dyno reading = 101kw at the wheels... :( a 43% drivetrain loss, highly unlikely, suffice to say, there were alot of angry and dissapointed RX8 owners especially in the U.S. from what I've read up...

CORZZA
28th May 2008, 05:54 PM
I havent heard about this loss in power with the RX8's hey.

No one has mentioned it on the forum. Maybe they too upset too.

I know i would be.

Wraith
29th May 2008, 11:10 AM
I havent heard about this loss in power with the RX8's hey.

No one has mentioned it on the forum. Maybe they too upset too.

I know i would be.

Are there any RX8 owners at all who have had their car dynoed ???

Must be at least 1 or a few ???

I've seen one run at Auto Salon a couple of years ago - it put out only 99kw at the wheels :o

Would be interesting to see the money back/refund stories are true, the cars performance seems to suggest power is ok, but the RX8 is also a lightweight car...

CORZZA
29th May 2008, 04:40 PM
Are there any RX8 owners at all who have had their car dynoed ???

Must be at least 1 or a few ???

I've seen one run at Auto Salon a couple of years ago - it put out only 99kw at the wheels :o

Would be interesting to see the money back/refund stories are true, the cars performance seems to suggest power is ok, but the RX8 is also a lightweight car...

il have a browse around and see what i come up with

Wraith
29th May 2008, 05:00 PM
il have a browse around and see what i come up with

Not that it really matters, I'm just curious...