View Full Version : Good To Meet PaulyJ

sportscoupehsv
14th April 2008, 05:36 PM
Hey guys , just wanted to say i was glad to meet PaulyJ on Saturday afternoon and have a chat and see his awesome car. Glad to be a part of this site and i will endevour to make it to your next meeting ,as icouldnt make it on sunday due to housework etc . Hope to meet you all face to face very soon .

Trevor Lenton
Booran Holden Dandenong

sooty
14th April 2008, 05:37 PM
I'm sure it won't be long before another cruise is planned and you'll get to meet a lot of us then, top bunch of blokes ;)

oneightoo
14th April 2008, 06:04 PM
next time do your housework on the friday before :p

InsaneAsylum
14th April 2008, 07:28 PM
Hey guys , just wanted to say i was glad to meet PaulyJ on Saturday afternoon and have a chat and see his awesome car. Glad to be a part of this site and i will endevour to make it to your next meeting ,as icouldnt make it on sunday due to housework etc . Hope to meet you all face to face very soon .

Trevor Lenton
Booran Holden Dandenong

meh PaulyJ is overrated, wait until you meet Vectracious... now he is special :p

lampshade
14th April 2008, 07:30 PM
next time do your housework on the friday before :p

Yeah and bring a Maloo along too so we can have a good looksie :D and I can test the petrol consumtion against the Holdens figures:p

MatsHolden
14th April 2008, 07:52 PM
meh PaulyJ is overrated, wait until you meet Vectracious... now he is special :p

No... He's "special"...

ROCCO
14th April 2008, 08:09 PM

*sucky* *sucky*...why dn't you two get a room...hahaha jk

USC
14th April 2008, 10:49 PM
*sucky* *sucky*...why dn't you two get a room...hahaha jk

+1:D

Vectracious
14th April 2008, 11:32 PM
Wtf?????

Wraith
15th April 2008, 09:08 AM
Hey Pauly I'll PM you my bank details - I do cash for comments too :p :D :D

Seriously ALL the regular folks here are a top bunch :)

xplosv57
15th April 2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah and bring a Maloo along too so we can have a good looksie :D and I can test the petrol consumtion against the Holdens figures:p

If the VZ Maloo is anything to go by, the figure quoted by Holden is absolute rubbish!!!!!

But it's worth it, trust me!!!! :D :D :D

sportscoupehsv
16th April 2008, 10:00 AM
Well that was unexpected ( the comments i mean ) and i was paid no money for comments but if someone wants to pay me for comments please let me know hahaha .
Looking forward to meeting you all soon and not sure a HSV Maloo is spare for demo drive as there is a 3 month wait at the moment . Looking at getting a VXR though and have my car allowence pay it off and that way it will be mine and then i can modify it to my liking .
As far as house work goes i am usually to busy working so got to do it when i can eh . its all good though .

Its just good to see someone keeps their word when they say they are going to do something and that s what Paulyj did .

Apex
16th April 2008, 10:25 AM

Trevor Lenton
Booran Holden Dandenong

Im so jealous!

Dandenong. What an odd name, how do you pronounce that?

MatsHolden
16th April 2008, 10:30 AM
Im so jealous!

Dandenong. What an odd name, how do you pronounce that?

Dandy Nong

Apex
16th April 2008, 10:55 AM
Ah.. Must be aboriginal eh. And I thought our Maori names were difficult!

btm
16th April 2008, 11:11 AM

Dandenong: an adaptation of the aboriginal word Tanjenong, meaning ‘lofty mountain’

oneightoo
16th April 2008, 11:23 AM
Dandenong: an adaptation of the aboriginal word Tanjenong, meaning ‘lofty mountain’

www.hotforwords.com

btm
16th April 2008, 11:37 AM
www.hotforwords.com

what the hell is that site?

Wraith
16th April 2008, 11:53 AM
LOL so much excitment about one of our Melb. Sth Eastern suburbs :)

I'm there nearly every weekend, that suburb is a mecca for all things cars...

EL BURITO
16th April 2008, 01:18 PM
Wtf?????
dose some one need a hug

Wraith
16th April 2008, 01:22 PM
dose some one need a hug

LOL he's already being given a massive compliment :D

And why not, he is as stated by Mat a top bloke :)

PaulyJ
16th April 2008, 01:47 PM

Because they are...

Trevor, thanks for the kind words mate.
It was good to speak with Trev, and get a salespersons/dealerships view on a lot of issues that arise regarding sales, servicing, etc.
Comments have been made about particular dealerships being lousy, having bad sales people and service departments. I understand that unfortunately this does happen to a lot of us, and a negative perception is created about that dealership.

Booran Holden Dandenong has unfortunately had some negative comments said against it, but after speaking with Trevor, its good to know that they are doing something about it.

I'm not going to go into a heap of detail, but their are chaning the way they approach sales and servicing. Customers are interviewed beforehand to ensure a salesperson can best suit a car to their needs. Post-sale customer service is also being implemented to ensure the customer is still happy with the purchase, and to continue offering their service if they require it (eg. booking in their first service etc).

Regarding the service department, not much was spoken about that, but some bad mechanics has been sacked, as an aim to increase the quality of servicing, and maintaining that post-sales service.

I'm glad to see this change in attitude from a large dealership, and hopefully this new-school approach to sales as shown by Trevor stamps out the old approach.
Great talking to you mate, I'm sure we'll speak again soon. I'm getting some more OpelAus cards made up, so that they can be handed out to new Astra owners as discussed. I can proudly say that all VIC members are a great group of people, so come along to a meet when you can.

Hopefully we can also work something out between OpelAus and Holden to help out members with servicing etc... :)

MatsHolden
16th April 2008, 02:13 PM
I'm there nearly every weekend, that suburb is a mecca for all things cars...

Don't forget Rowville!

oneightoo
16th April 2008, 02:14 PM
what the hell is that site?

its a site where one hot chick explains the origins of certain words..

Vectracious
16th April 2008, 03:41 PM
dose some one need a hug

IF I had a VL Turbs, then yes.... :p :D

LOL he's already being given a massive compliment :D
And why not, he is as stated by Mat a top bloke :)

Thanks Ang, but its was Insane - Mat was meaning special in the context of

"loosing it in a Barina and heading sideways into the scrub" special

;) :D

or special like this

lampshade
16th April 2008, 04:15 PM
It's a good Holden dealreship by all account's and they have a great range of used cars too, and dont mind you having a good look around them.

My boss/cousin bought 2 VE SSV ute's from there a couple of month's back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/lampshade1/DSCN6600.jpg

btm
16th April 2008, 04:25 PM
ahhh, love it in white!

Wraith
16th April 2008, 04:52 PM
IF I had a VL Turbs, then yes.... :p :D

Thanks Ang, but its was Insane - Mat was meaning special in the context of

"loosing it in a Barina and heading sideways into the scrub" special

;) :D

or special like this

Hahahahaha LOL

Looks like pay back time :)

Poor Mat...

poita
16th April 2008, 06:39 PM
its a site where one hot chick explains the origins of certain words..

almost as bad as moanmyip.com lol

MatsHolden
16th April 2008, 07:36 PM
Should've ****in driven into the side of that sneeze mobile of yours Pete when I was beside you on the highway!

Wraith
16th April 2008, 08:34 PM
Don't forget Rowville!

Rowville Mat ?? not really familiar with that part of town, I thought Rowville was full of nice houses and that's it... :)

In Dandenong just about every main street and even back street has got some sort of car related business or paint shop or speed shop or fast and furious type warehouse/tune shop, wreckers, grey importers, new and used car yards, high performance tuning/modding workshops, wheel shops, ICE installers etc. the list goes on and on...there's also this type of thing in some of the northern suburbs closer to where I live, but no where near as much as Dandenong :)

If Rowville is similar, that's great for car enthusiasts out that way :)

Wraith
16th April 2008, 08:42 PM
It's a good Holden dealreship by all account's and they have a great range of used cars too, and dont mind you having a good look around them.

My boss/cousin bought 2 VE SSV ute's from there a couple of month's back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/lampshade1/DSCN6600.jpg

After nearly 3 years, I've still got a very bitter and sour taste left over in my mouth from a bad experience with the Booran Cranbourne new car dealer branch...

The ironic thing for me, is that I've had nothing but the best dealings with the guys in the Booran Dandenong spare parts division, they always look after me.

I must say, I was very pleased to read what Trevor from Booran Dandenong had to say and can only hope that all those measures are put into place in all their dealerships across Melb. not just the Dandenong branch...it's a step in the right direction, that's for sure :)

MatsHolden
16th April 2008, 08:53 PM
Rowville Mat ?? not really familiar with that part of town, I thought Rowville was full of nice houses and that's it... :)

Yeh Rowville's got tuning places all over the place. Was out in an industrial estate the other day for work and there was some awesome machinery in the shops. ie Walkinshaw VL Group A SS

Vectracious
16th April 2008, 08:58 PM
Should've ****in driven into the side of that sneeze mobile of yours Pete when I was beside you on the highway!

:spam:

what and break the other mirror???? :p

Wraith
16th April 2008, 09:07 PM
Yeh Rowville's got tuning places all over the place. Was out in an industrial estate the other day for work and there was some awesome machinery in the shops. ie Walkinshaw VL Group A SS

mmmmm, sounds interesting, next time I'm over in the eastern burbs, I'll have to go and have a snoop around... :)

ROCCO
16th April 2008, 09:18 PM
yeah I would have to agree dandenong does have its shiet loads of tuning and car related shops and garages...also has a shiet load of VLs lol...you know the ones peoples....the word BROtek springs to mind

MatsHolden
16th April 2008, 09:22 PM
:spam:

what and break the other mirror???? :p

Hey i'm not the only one with a broken mirror now! At least mine wasn't obtained fitting an air freshener! cough GAV. At least mine was spectacular. haha

Wraith
17th April 2008, 08:30 AM
yeah I would have to agree dandenong does have its shiet loads of tuning and car related shops and garages...also has a shiet load of VLs lol...you know the ones peoples....the word BROtek springs to mind

LOL, the area is full of both the rice bridgade and boguns as well.....

It used to also be (around 20 years ago) a main street drag racing hang out too - I mean literally on the main street there, even I took part sometimes in my old killer XU1 :o and believe it or not we'd get away with it back then, cops would only come through once now and then, we'd disperse and be back like 10mins later LOL :D

I suppose with all the car related stuff there it's no surprise it attracts all sorts :)

PaulyJ
17th April 2008, 12:55 PM

Please dont ever use 8R073K and springs in the same sentence, let alone together. We don't use springs, we roll on bump-stops :D

InsaneAsylum
17th April 2008, 01:04 PM
Please dont ever use 8R073K and springs in the same sentence, let alone together. We don't use springs, we roll on bump-stops :D

hahahahahhahhahhahaha

MatsHolden
17th April 2008, 01:24 PM

Mate, bump stops is old tech now... We're onto bump stop removal these days.

Vectracious
17th April 2008, 02:09 PM
Mate, bump stops is old tech now... We're onto bump stop removal these days.

Pauly missed the last staff meeting.

coyotte
17th April 2008, 02:36 PM
My appologies for a no show at Sunday's Vic photo shoot.
I got tied up in the Dandenongs with Miss Playstation.
We didn't get back till pm Monday.

I did see on my way back from Dandenong Ranges, (via Boronia)
"MIZLED" car parked mid afternoon Monday.

Wish I was there, next time, no apologies.

Vectracious
17th April 2008, 04:27 PM
I did see on my way back from Dandenong Ranges, (via Boronia)
"MIZLED" car parked mid afternoon Monday.

Friggin hell Ben, you're such a **** you get around so much... :p :D