PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall to Increase Model Range

Shaun
11th April 2008, 10:28 AM
Romours have surfaced that Vauxhall appear to be adding more of the Holden Range of Commodore Based Products to the VXR range.

Storys as follows
W427
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/220035/vauxhall_vxr8.html

Commodore Sports Wagon Spotted On a Transporter in Europe.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/214632/vauxhall_vxr8.html

SSS_Hoon
11th April 2008, 10:34 AM
Both those links are broken for me. I dont think the full link is there Shaun?

I do remember reading somewehre that they will be getting the new V8 engine over there also in the VXR8

SSS_Hoon

Greg K
11th April 2008, 10:38 AM
links not working Shaun..

Shaun
11th April 2008, 10:57 AM
Try them now.

SSS_Hoon
11th April 2008, 11:02 AM
there we go working now.

SSS_Hoon

oneightoo
11th April 2008, 12:10 PM
Commodore Sports Wagon Spotted On a Transporter in Europe.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/214632/vauxhall_vxr8.html

ooops, someone left the Vic plate on the car :p

bornwild
11th April 2008, 12:13 PM
I honestly don't get it.....Especially in the UK where fuel is like $2.50/l

It's beyond me

oneightoo
11th April 2008, 12:44 PM
I honestly don't get it.....Especially in the UK where fuel is like $2.50/l

It's beyond me

for you earning australian dollars fuel isnt cheap, but when it's only 1.5 pounds per litre and you're earning english pounds then it isnt really much different to what you pay here..

get it?

it's like if you took to money you earn here and went to, say, veneuzula, you could afford to buy a shitload of petrol, but if you're earning the local coin, it would be tight.. where as what they earn they must think we are stupid for buying 6 cyl cars..

it's really pretty simple..

bornwild
11th April 2008, 12:48 PM
for you earning australian dollars fuel isnt cheap, but when it's only 1.5 pounds per litre and you're earning english pounds then it isnt really much different to what you pay here..

get it?

it's like if you took to money you earn here and went to, say, veneuzula, you could afford to buy a shitload of petrol, but if you're earning the local coin, it would be tight.. where as what they earn they must think we are stupid for buying 6 cyl cars..

it's really pretty simple..

Yeah that's the point...I don't even get it in Australia!!

What are people thinking?? That car would cost $120-150 each week just to refill!!!(For my driving and routes)

I don't get it....I get how someone could use it as a weekend driver but I see SS' and whatnot V8's every-freakin-day.

What's more amazing is that the VXR8 is a success in the UK...**** me:confused:

Vectracious
11th April 2008, 02:51 PM

If you want it, you pay for it. :cool:

Shaun
11th April 2008, 07:53 PM

Because for its Class its the Most Powerful car in the class. At 35,000 pounds its CHEAP PERFORMANCE MOTORING. Its a winning formula for its Segment.

Thats why its selling so well. The People Behind the VXR Brand are quite clever in how the are developing the Performance Arm. Just by Changing the Name of the Performance Models from GSi to VXR has given the Brand an edge as its has a closer link to the BTCC . Just Like HSV and HRT. if you think HSV and ask people the 1st team the comes to mind in the V8 Supercars i would say 90% of the answers would be HRT or HSVDT.

Shaun
11th April 2008, 07:56 PM
Also the Man who is the Brands Manager for VXR (or was when it started ) has a close Working relationship with one of the VXR forums in the UK. The Not only are members of the forum they Support it. The offer the Members of the forums a discounted day at a BTCC Round with members cars parked on the Infield in a large display . This Helps Vauxhall Market the Brand and its costing them not a lot to do it. Its Smart Marketing..

poita
11th April 2008, 11:35 PM
and wen they wack a supercharge on em and have 600hp monaros running around the guys in the uk love em!
and thats factory fitted !!!!

Shaun
11th April 2008, 11:41 PM
and wen they wack a supercharge on em and have 600hp monaros running around the guys in the uk love em!

Seen this months Motor ? Check out the story on the Wortec VXR8. Its HOT as and has plenty of BALLS....

bornwild
11th April 2008, 11:41 PM

Yeah I know!! I saw that on Fifth Gear!!!!! The thing goessss

I wonder why we never got that thing in AU...we are the motherland of the Monaro after all

poita
11th April 2008, 11:43 PM
will have a little peak shaun :)

Shaun
11th April 2008, 11:59 PM
Its the VXR8 i would buy. its a bit of a shame though the UK guys are starting to Shame us in terms of tuning the product thats claimed to be ours.

cdxi
15th April 2008, 04:27 PM
Anyone noticed the white Chev Caprice on the top of the transporter (Auto Express pics of the wagon) has the WM Caprice rear panels grafted onto a SWB VE body?

Wheels mag had a pic of an LHD mule with this config in Feb/March 07 I think