PDA

View Full Version : Hi ppl

sri_guy
10th April 2008, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone, im from melb and am the new owner of a 02' Barina/Corsa SRI. Something I've always wanted, finally finished uni and got the cash to buy one! goodbye shitbox corolla...

Anyone know where I can get my hands on some opel badges for it? Theres not a kit or something available by any chance...?

Cheers,

Dan.

btm
10th April 2008, 03:40 PM
welcome Dan, another sri_guy on the site now :)

SaInT
10th April 2008, 04:01 PM
welcome to the community

Tfer
10th April 2008, 04:56 PM
Welcome to Opelaus.... enjoy your time here :D

sooty
10th April 2008, 07:17 PM
Hey mate,
Welcome to OA,
There's a photoshoot on this Sunday, be good if you can make it :D
Don't worry about not knowing anyone, there'll be a lot of us like that, and it's a great chance to meet everyone. See in General Discussion for details.
For badges, try ebay, OR pm Slimcragie, he's sorted out a lot of people here :)

immenotu
10th April 2008, 07:38 PM
Welcome mate, another Corsa SRi, nice :clap:

Ive just done my badges...This is the one I got for the rear...

Link Here (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/OPEL-BADGE-Vauxhall-Corsa-Tigra-Astra-Vectra-Omega-OPC_W0QQitemZ220220324087QQihZ012QQcategoryZ72211Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

The front one is a lot harder to find, its 99mm, I think carshine.com.au have them but charge a mint for them. I fluked one on eBay but took over a month to find. Good luck with it!

sri_guy
11th April 2008, 01:17 PM
cheers, I've ordered one from ebay. any hints on getting the holden one off without making a mess?

immenotu
11th April 2008, 01:44 PM
Use fishing line in a sawing motion to get the badge off first.

Trick I found for getting rid of the glue is heat it up with a heat gun (it was too hot to touch when I did it) then double up an old rubber glove and you can sort of 'roll' the glue off with the glove. You'll have to keep heating it up to get all of it. That gets rid of pretty much all of the glue, then use bug and tar remover to get rid of whats left and give it a good polish. :)

sooty
11th April 2008, 09:00 PM
Just copious amounts of bug and tar remover gets it off easily too.
I didn't heat mine at all ;)

MatsHolden
11th April 2008, 09:02 PM
Heating makes the job much easier.

And welcome!

Juice
15th April 2008, 11:46 PM
Try using dental floss instead of fishing line its a little softer. Bug and Tar remover will get the glue off and theres no risk of heating up the glue too much or even being worried about it.