PDA

View Full Version : AH SRi-T with VXR rims

GreyRex
10th April 2008, 10:53 AM
Bit random I know, but I noticed this one on carsales...

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/dealer/HOLDEN/ASTRA/details.aspx?__Ntk=CarAll&__D=sri%20turbo&__Dx=mode+matchany&seot=0&Cr=10&state_id=0&keywords=sri%20turbo&State=All%20States&__N=4294965857+0+4294965856+834+285+258+287+1216&distance=25&R=5596793&__Ns=pCar_StatusSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|0&__Ntt=sri%20turbo&trecs=26&__Nne=20&__Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&silo=1000&__sid=1185A9C49600&Model=ASTRA&__Qpb=true&Make=HOLDEN

btm
10th April 2008, 10:57 AM
i thought the VXR rims were 19"??

it says 18" rims in the ad

Snotty
10th April 2008, 11:20 AM
i thought the VXR rims were 19"??

it says 18" rims in the ad

thats a dealer listing, i beleive the website automatically fills in the standard features of the car, the dealer never checks the accuracy.

Wraith
10th April 2008, 11:28 AM
I've seen 2 AH Sri T's on the road with VXR wheels....have to look twice to see whether it's a VXR or Sri T LOL, as with those rims the Aussie version of the Sri T looks almost the same :)

The VXR look-a-like rims offered by the dealer as an option for other AH variants are 17"....is there also an 18" version ??

SSS_Hoon
10th April 2008, 11:30 AM
i wouldnt know the difference between the SRiT or the VXR wheels in the first place.

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
10th April 2008, 11:40 AM
i wouldnt know the difference between the SRiT or the VXR wheels in the first place.

SSS_Hoon

Sri T has thin 5 spoke rim design, VXR are those above - they look very different :) someone can post up some pics...

Confusion starts when people start mixing the rims on Sri T's and VXR's because those 2 Astras look the same except for the rear bar, you can't tell one from the other...even worse are standard n/a AH Astra coupes with Sri T wheels LOL, they then look identical the the turbo, except if you spot out the different reflectors on the rear bar LOL :)

GreyRex
10th April 2008, 11:45 AM
It looks like it's on stilts with the standard suspension!! VXRs sit a lot nicer with the same rims

USC
10th April 2008, 12:12 PM
Sri T has thin 5 spoke rim design, VXR are those above - they look very different :) someone can post up some pics...

Confusion starts when people start mixing the rims on Sri T's and VXR's because those 2 Astras look the same except for the rear bar, you can't tell one from the other...even worse are standard n/a AH Astra coupes with Sri T wheels LOL, they then look identical the the turbo, except if you spot out the different reflectors on the rear bar LOL :)

yep so true as roof spoiler is hardly noticable. but u could tell by looking at side skirt and V front grille.

I believe those rims were an option on the Sri-T as they had the same at the melbourne car show (the 2007 one).

jesus, this car is not worth much after 1 year and a bit (its a MY7!!) and thats dealer price!!

MatsHolden
10th April 2008, 12:16 PM
even worse are standard n/a AH Astra coupes with Sri T wheels LOL, they then look identical the the turbo, except if you spot out the different reflectors on the rear bar LOL :)

Plus the front bar is different.

MatsHolden
10th April 2008, 12:17 PM
I believe those rims were an option on the Sri-T as they had the same at the melbourne car show (the 2007 one).

!!

They were different wheels to those on the car above. They were 19's but they weren't those ones.

SIMid
10th April 2008, 12:53 PM
*LOL* Noone can get the differences right between them both on the exterior.

Similarity:
SRiT & VXR - Same Skirts, same rear bar and same front bar.

Differences:
VXR: More protruding lip on front bar. Different insert on rear bar (central exhaust and dummy vents and reflectors. Different Rear spoiler (more protruding). HoneyComb grilles with colour coded V-Grille and chrome bezels on fog lights. 19" OPC rims. 15mm lower than SRiT.

SRiT - Badges on front doors (SRi), No chrome strips on window edging. 18" Penta Rims.

Melb Motorshow 07 had the SRiT with 19" Snowflakes and lowered.

Apex
10th April 2008, 01:11 PM

Similarity:

Differences:
VXR: More protruding lip on front bar. Different insert on rear bar (central exhaust and dummy vents and reflectors. Different Rear spoiler (more protruding). HoneyComb grilles with colour coded V-Grille and chrome bezels on fog lights. 19" OPC rims. 15mm lower than SRiT.

SRiT - Badges on front doors (SRi), No chrome strips on window edging. 18" Penta Rims.

Nice. What he said.

The 19" look good, I wonder what they are worth each. Im up for new tires this year!

GreyRex
10th April 2008, 01:14 PM
Nice. What he said.

The 19" look good, I wonder what they are worth each. Im up for new tires this year!

I put up an entire thread about those rims a few months ago...

Apex
10th April 2008, 01:39 PM
I put up an entire thread about those rims a few months ago...

I didn’t see it…. Link? :)

GreyRex
10th April 2008, 01:57 PM
I didn’t see it…. Link? :)

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15240

USC
10th April 2008, 02:29 PM

Similarity:

Differences:

thats an excellent comparison!!:)

The only thing I dont really like about the VXR is the chrome strips on window edging..apart from that car looks hot.

coming back to the wheels, u r right, melbourne car show 2007 did not have those wheels but different 19" alloys that also look fully sik.

EL BURITO
10th April 2008, 06:09 PM

SSS_Hoon
yes you would you spend a shit load time trawling this forum

Wraith
10th April 2008, 07:50 PM

Similarity:

Differences:

Wow, even more similar than I thought, (epsecially if they have the same wheels) even if you did know what to look for, you'd miss it unless the car was stationary to observe it, or you see the car from the right end or angle...the only other thing would be the colour - Arden blue exclusive to the VXR, but again only to people who know...

Probably a good idea to try and grab one of those limited numbers white VXR's when they arrive :)

SSS_Hoon
11th April 2008, 06:31 AM
yes you would you spend a shit load time trawling this forum

LoL

True, i knew the other things between the 2 like the chrome strips and the grill and what not but thought the wheels were the same hehehe just a smaller size for the SriT...

SSS_Hoon