PDA

View Full Version : OOPS.. I blew my WRX Engine.

KID_SRi
6th April 2008, 09:23 AM
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/455091-possible-blown-engine-need-urgent-help.html

Read Pages 1 & 2 aleast ;)

bornwild
6th April 2008, 11:01 AM
Heh, best part "I hope it will get fixed under warranty"

Idiot using transmission oil as engine oil.

I think he's just pulling everyones leg.

Vectracious
6th April 2008, 11:23 AM
LOL tranny oil in the engine....

InsaneAsylum
6th April 2008, 12:30 PM
ahahaha what a douche bag... surely cannot be serious

poita
6th April 2008, 06:46 PM
so many idiots, so little time to kill them all.

Wraith
7th April 2008, 08:55 AM
so many idiots, so little time to kill them all.

Hahahahaha LOL :D

SSS_Hoon
7th April 2008, 09:00 AM
i think its a set up for sure, as noone can be that stupid can they?

SSS_Hoon

btm
7th April 2008, 09:56 AM
it'd have to be a joke... surely

KingOfAstras
8th April 2008, 03:41 PM
lol joke or not, its hilarious!!

InsaneAsylum
8th April 2008, 04:29 PM
his engine is dusted..... :p

rjastra
9th April 2008, 01:32 PM
From another forum

DEPARTMENT: Service Department
DATE: 04/04/2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

APRIL 4, 2008
IMMEDIATE STOP SALE ORDER
ALL SUBARU DEALERS

We regret to inform you that we must place an immediate stop sale order on all of the 2008/2009 Subaru Impreza and Forester vehicles equipped with a 2.5L Turbo Engine produced with the beginning chassis number and later as shown below.
Model Starting Chassis Number Production Date

Forester 701045 2008/01/08
Impreza 523363 (SEDAN)/825183 (HATCH)2008/01/08

The reason for this immediate Quality Assurance action is that there have been several reports of “Engine Knocking Noise” from other markets on vehicles produced after the production dates listed.

Initial investigation confirms an internal wear issue on the failed units.

In the interest of preventing any possibility of failures for our customers, we have chosen to isolate any potentially affected vehicles by ceasing sales of the potentially affected units until the root cause and correction can be identified.

All the other displacement engines and the 2.5L Natural Aspirated Engine are excluded from this action.

Your region/distributor will be contacting you with a detailed list of affected vehicles assigned to your dealership. However, dealer trades cannot be tracked so please be aware of the affected VIN range.

If you have a vehicle in inventory that falls into the affected vehicle range, please ensure that your sales and service staff are immediately notified that the unit is un-saleable until further notice from SOA or your region/distributor.

If any of those vehicles has an unusual engine noise, please notify the SOA Technical Helpline immediately with all of the details and submit an E-QMR.

Should a customer bring an affected vehicle into your service department for an unusual engine noise, please immediately arrange that they are given the use of a clean SSLP vehicle and notify the Technical Helpline and submit an E-QMR.

You will be contacted shortly thereafter on how to proceed.

We are still investigating whether any of the SIA produced Legacy Outback turbo vehicles are affected. If any action is needed on the SIA vehicles, you will be notified early next week.

EL BURITO
9th April 2008, 01:43 PM
thats not good

Keep'emRunning
9th April 2008, 01:44 PM
don't be so sure.. one mech I went to with my previous car filled up the windscreen washer reservoir with green engine/radiator coolant :rolleyes:

i think its a set up for sure, as noone can be that stupid can they?

SSS_Hoon

Vectracious
9th April 2008, 01:59 PM
At least Subaru admit there's a problem and will not sell any more vehicles that can cause problems later on down the track - unlike Holden with their shitty first batch of GenIII's.... which they still do not admit they have problems....

InsaneAsylum
9th April 2008, 02:33 PM
At least Subaru admit there's a problem and will not sell any more vehicles that can cause problems later on down the track - unlike Holden with their shitty first batch of GenIII's.... which they still do not admit they have problems....

LOL spoken like a true subaru owner:p

seriously though if i had the money, i'd step into a nice liberty gt wagon in an instant... has to be black though

Vectracious
9th April 2008, 04:42 PM
seriously though if i had the money, i'd step into a nice liberty gt wagon in an instant... has to be black though

yum! :D

SSS_Hoon
9th April 2008, 05:39 PM
that is what the wife wants next a GTB lib wagon for when the kids come lol.

We went to look at them but dealer had no stock left and they are 64k WoW.

SSS_Hoon

bornwild
9th April 2008, 05:41 PM
that is what the wife wants next a GTB lib wagon for when the kids come lol.

We went to look at them but dealer had no stock left and they are 64k WoW.

SSS_Hoon

That's STi money...I'd tell the wife to carry the kids, good excersise, and buy the STi :D

SSS_Hoon
10th April 2008, 06:01 AM
STi is going to be more then 64k got the Liberty, there is only 2 suby dealerships in sydney area that is allowed to sell the STi's how wierd is that, and other suby dealers are not even allowed to take orders on the STi's they need there own showroom and sales ppl especially for the STi range.

SSS_Hoon

Snotty
10th April 2008, 10:05 AM
STi is going to be more then 64k got the Liberty, there is only 2 suby dealerships in sydney area that is allowed to sell the STi's how wierd is that, and other suby dealers are not even allowed to take orders on the STi's they need there own showroom and sales ppl especially for the STi range.

SSS_Hoon

i never realised this because where i bought my forester they had sti's there, after a search on the subaru website, i realised that where i bought my car happened to be 1 of the 2.

PS SVM lindfield, top notch, no stuffing around, bought the car over the phone, and only met the salesman when i took delivery. searched for the car that i wanted, but couldnt find the colour (without waitng 8 weeks) but i got my second choice.

SSS_Hoon
10th April 2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah i thought it strange but it does make some sort of sense also.

Penrith are trying to become one, and with there new location they have enough room for it, the stealer was telling me that they get a fair few ppl asking about them there also.

Wouldnt mind a STI Liberty i think it would be around the 70-80k mark though if the GTB is 64k

SSS_Hoon

oneightoo
10th April 2008, 12:32 PM
and the other one is in sutherland?

cos the scooby dealer around the corner from my place sells STi's..

Snotty
10th April 2008, 12:44 PM
yup tynan

Wraith
10th April 2008, 12:49 PM

SSS_Hoon

64k will get you a new Sti (59k +ORC's)....get the Sti :)

Already seen 2 on the streets of Melb. HOT car :)

xplosv57
10th April 2008, 07:07 PM
unlike Holden with their shitty first batch of GenIII's.... which they still do not admit they have problems....

LOL yeah they did it on a case to case basis, which is rubbish for low km owners (like me) which it didn't occur until out of warranty!!!!

"What piston slap???? *tick tick tick tick tick tick*"

Back on Scoobies, my next purchase will most likely be a Liberty GT also, this STi version you speak about, what is it?? Cos I had a practically new Liberty (MY07) with an STi build plate and STi bits on it, was traded in!!!

Very nice car, although the owner had treated it like a piece of poo, very sad!!!!

SSS_Hoon
11th April 2008, 06:34 AM
64k will get you a new Sti (59k +ORC's)....get the Sti :)

Already seen 2 on the streets of Melb. HOT car :)

You must mean the WRX STI yeah?

The WRX is cheaper then what i thought.

As it wouldnt be the Lib STI for that price that is for sure.

Yeah i think we will end up with either the Mondeo XR5 or a lib GTB

SSS_Hoon

bornwild
11th April 2008, 12:44 PM
You must mean the WRX STI yeah?

The WRX is cheaper then what i thought.

As it wouldnt be the Lib STI for that price that is for sure.

Yeah i think we will end up with either the Mondeo XR5 or a lib GTB

SSS_Hoon

In that case, Mondeo XR5 :)

rusole21
14th April 2008, 03:03 PM
Sti lib > mondeo xr5. nuff said

oneightoo
14th April 2008, 04:15 PM
Sti lib > mondeo xr5. nuff said

+23543245346

Vectracious
14th April 2008, 06:57 PM