PDA

View Full Version : Lower Your Car For Free!!!!!!!!!!!

SKM_87
1st April 2008, 09:26 PM
well kind of, jus woz poking around under my car today at work cause we were quite and was checking out the new suspension i recieve due to a incident a while ago. i take a look at me nice NEW strut in the front installed but a very competent holden technician and notice that, wow, the pre-delivery blocks are still on my springs, check the other OLD side and it had it too.

now my car is 6 years old now, spent the first 60,000k being service by holden dealers, by the previous owner and the me which due to my lazyness never really looked in my wheel arch. what i find hard to understand is that a holden technician took out my old bent strut, removed the spring and installed it onto the new strut withou noticing the obvious Pd block.

for those who dont know these block clip onto 3-4 of your coils on cars that are lowered and raise the car so it is easy to transport. the are ment to be removed in your PD check's.

No before any one say ow could you not tell, i always though it was a little high in the front but having never seen one before just assumed it was normal. it didnt affect the ride to much, it is slightly suppler now but handling is much better, lots more mid-phase grip in corners and not so unsettled but bumps in corners.

oh and it lowered the front by about 1 - 1.5 cm, good for 5min of work.

rant ended*

btw - no offense to and holden people here, i no there is always the bad ones

USC
1st April 2008, 10:42 PM
well kind of, jus woz poking around under my car today at work cause we were quite and was checking out the new suspension i recieve due to a incident a while ago. i take a look at me nice NEW strut in the front installed but a very competent holden technician and notice that, wow, the pre-delivery blocks are still on my springs, check the other OLD side and it had it too.

now my car is 6 years old now, spent the first 60,000k being service by holden dealers, by the previous owner and the me which due to my lazyness never really looked in my wheel arch. what i find hard to understand is that a holden technician took out my old bent strut, removed the spring and installed it onto the new strut withou noticing the obvious Pd block.

for those who dont know these block clip onto 3-4 of your coils on cars that are lowered and raise the car so it is easy to transport. the are ment to be removed in your PD check's.

No before any one say ow could you not tell, i always though it was a little high in the front but having never seen one before just assumed it was normal. it didnt affect the ride to much, it is slightly suppler now but handling is much better, lots more mid-phase grip in corners and not so unsettled but bumps in corners.

oh and it lowered the front by about 1 - 1.5 cm, good for 5min of work.

rant ended*

btw - no offense to and holden people here, i no there is always the bad ones

mate, you are not the only one. Holden and their dealers suck bad. Mine were left in despite having stickers in the car saying to remove them prior to delivery. They shouldnt be allowed to sell Opel cars at all. Opel should open their own dealership here and kick the shit out of Holden and their arrogant/brainless team.

I heard leaving them in could cause damage to electronic dampers!

btm
2nd April 2008, 08:42 AM
maybe i should get them to check mine as it actually happens to be in for service today...

USC
2nd April 2008, 10:08 AM
You can see them if you look at the springs above your front wheels. it looks a bit like what women use in between their toes to paint their nails...lol.

MK
2nd April 2008, 07:13 PM
there was a case when Motor magazine were reviewing the new HSV Grange (its the one based on the statesman\caprice) HSV delivered the test car with the blocks still in place. That is an embarrassment! for such large corporation to not have a pre delivery check is a disgrace...

SKM_87
2nd April 2008, 09:15 PM
and most case's if herd of are holden too.

Shaun
2nd April 2008, 09:28 PM
Hey give you all a tip here. Imported cars come from Prix car and the likes who are meant to remove them before they leave the Holding yards. If you look at ANY MANFACTURERS PD Sheet you will see nothing is mentioned about the removal of the Transport blocks.

SKM_87
2nd April 2008, 09:30 PM
pretty sure bmw pd has it as i know they end up here with them. holden takes them out in d too. got mates at both places and they know this.

Shaun
3rd April 2008, 12:07 AM
I work for Mercedes Benz. And we dont do them @ PD. Prix car for us.

USC
3rd April 2008, 12:16 AM
Hey give you all a tip here. Imported cars come from Prix car and the likes who are meant to remove them before they leave the Holding yards. If you look at ANY MANFACTURERS PD Sheet you will see nothing is mentioned about the removal of the Transport blocks.

This is NOT true! My car was delivered with a big note inside the glove box saying to remove runner blocks prior to delivery..thats how I discovered that mine were still in.