PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro Kit

Pharkus
7th July 2004, 12:48 PM
Hey guys,

Tax time and us Accountants are just waiting for our tax refunds :twisted:

But in the meantime just pondering on how to spend all that mulah.

For those of you that have installed the eibach pro-kit, can you tell me:

1. How much lower it is, it does say 30mm but I think that is from factory and the SRi 2.2 has already been lowered.

2. Did you need to buy that adjustment kit to align the wheels properly afterwards?

Any feedback would be much appreciated as I don't want to buy the springs and have to fork out extra for them to be fitted properly.

Jackson
7th July 2004, 01:06 PM
just got some on my calibra, should cost you about $200.00 i payed more but i think i got ripped, other people had them on there calibra installed for around $200.00.

oh and the ones for the cali are very nice indeed :)

Anonymous
7th July 2004, 02:34 PM
I've been in a car with eibach, and they were a little harsh on my arse. Still, they felt better than the originals.

H&R's are far superior in comfort AND handling, but way more expensive.

I opted for K-Mac's and can't be happier. 8)

DoomTrooper
7th July 2004, 03:18 PM
ok i have an astra with eibach 30mm prokit installed by myself and i can tell u i got them for $390 and that was with a 30% discount from eibach directly, so there not cheap, i measured the front and back for you the other day and gave u a rough reading, it is dropped by about 27mm at front and 25mm at rear, not an overly harsh ride and i should know since i live in ku-ring-gai which is known to have just about the worst roads in sydney, bloody state govt, anyway the handleing is improved greatly, understeer has almost dissappeared even when putting the power down comming out of a corner in first, twice since i've had the new springs i've had the back step out on me but only very very marginly, lastly it gets rid of that stupid raised look that astras are plagued with

hope i helped

Pharkus
8th July 2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks mate :D

You've seen the pics of my car and it does look kind of like a 4wd at the moment.

So end of this month, I'm getting the Eibachs. I do have a few "favourite" corners that I particularly like fanging the car around.

But insurance won't let me lower by more than 30mm blah blah blah. I mean I do have 16cm clearance at the moment at the lowest point.

Nem
20th July 2004, 08:56 AM
I find my Eibach's straighten out some of the corners around here nicely. Premium suspension but premium performance too. 8)

zoidberg
20th July 2004, 06:01 PM
Hey guys,

I found this web site whilst browsing around for things to do to my astra, the site looks great.

I lowered my 6week old SXI on saturday by 40mm with king springs. It looks pretty nice, its not harsh at all and it rides more comfortable than it did with standard spring (its got 18" wheels).

It takes a very sharp 90 degree bend near berowra waters (dural area) at 65km/h.

Only thing is i now have to get the rear gaurds rolled, it scrumbs when theres a rut and driving hard.

Rob

ultim8DTM5
20th July 2004, 10:19 PM
Sounds like a nice car you have there Rob, hope we see it on a cruise one day (if I ever make it :bang: )

Degen-Astra
20th July 2004, 10:26 PM
Welcome Rob!
Would love to see the 3 door with some 18's! :wink:

gold coast C4L1
21st July 2004, 12:05 PM
i called up for the price on them...got quoted 580 for the springs and 280 for fitting from eibach dealer in brisbane...how did u get them for 200 jackson????

Jackson
21st July 2004, 12:44 PM
$200 is what it should cost around about to get them installed, so your getting $280, it's on the money,

my springs themselfs cost me $382.50

Nem
21st July 2004, 12:59 PM
i called up for the price on them...got quoted 580 for the springs and 280 for fitting from eibach dealer in brisbane...how did u get them for 200 jackson????

I paid $1280 delivered by TNT courier to Darwin but that was a complete Eibach Pro kit. Off the top of my head springs were about $350 and Dampers were around $800. Couldnt even get under $1000 for just the dampers retail. Talk to Dan_kind about his contact @ Eibach Australia. He can provide a contact number and name.

Jackson
21st July 2004, 01:37 PM
speak to....... dan_kind

( edited by samvac as per request)

dan_kind
22nd July 2004, 06:13 PM
do me a favour and remove this from the forum, my agreement specifies that there is not just a open ended phone to this guy... i call him prior to you guys calling letting him know etc...

obviously when you guys ask i will pass on the detail, cause i wanna get everyone these prices..

thanks dewd

dan_kind
22nd July 2004, 08:58 PM
Heh not tryin to cause shite, just wanna continue that relationship because the prices are good!