PDA

View Full Version : Wreckers - Astra AH Turbo(Melbourne)

bornwild
28th March 2008, 11:51 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone know where I could find a wrecker that could potentially have an AH Turbo? What I'm after is the steering wheel specifically. Possibly other bits and pieces.

And btw, there will be no more CDX Coupe imports to Australia as of April this year.

USC
29th March 2008, 12:56 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone know where I could find a wrecker that could potentially have an AH Turbo? What I'm after is the steering wheel specifically. Possibly other bits and pieces.

And btw, there will be no more CDX Coupe imports to Australia as of April this year.

why the hell would you need the steering wheel??:eek: did u rip yours off??

yeh, they dont sell many of those I would imagine.

I dont think there are many wrecked Ah Sri-T...your best bet would be try a wrecker in the UK.

Vectracious
29th March 2008, 09:42 AM

He doesnt have a Turbo.

bornwild
29th March 2008, 06:09 PM

Yeah, as Vectracious said, I have a CDX and not the turbo unfortunately.

And I just like the Turbo steering wheel more.

You reckon there'd be UK wreckers willing to ship to AU?

sooty
29th March 2008, 06:16 PM
what about the whole shipping of air bags problem? wouldn't the steering wheel come with one thus making it hard to ship?

bornwild
29th March 2008, 06:19 PM
what about the whole shipping of air bags problem? wouldn't the steering wheel come with one thus making it hard to ship?

Yeah that's a good one. I'm guessing they wouldn't come with an air-bag? Could I use the air-bag I have in my steering wheel or should I not bother mucking around with it due to the possible knockout effects?

How much is the SRi-T steering wheel from a Holden dealer anyhow?

USC
30th March 2008, 12:56 AM
Yeah that's a good one. I'm guessing they wouldn't come with an air-bag? Could I use the air-bag I have in my steering wheel or should I not bother mucking around with it due to the possible knockout effects?

How much is the SRi-T steering wheel from a Holden dealer anyhow?

hm...I imagine it would cost you both your arms and legs:p

I wouldnt import one because of badge issues... try calling wreckers around australia but accidented cars would normally have the air bag missing. brand new is the best way to go...

bornwild
30th March 2008, 01:21 AM
hm...I imagine it would cost you both your arms and legs:p

I wouldnt import one because of badge issues... try calling wreckers around australia but accidented cars would normally have the air bag missing. brand new is the best way to go...

Yeah i know it would cost a hell of a lot...bugger, there goes that dream down the drain.

What do you reckon though, would the normal CDX airbag be compatible with the turbo steering wheel? I see no difference as it's just the rim of the turbo steering wheel thats thicker?

Then again I don't wanna muck around with airbags man, they might just save my life!

SIMid
30th March 2008, 01:37 AM
The bag should fit straight on. Could always do the safe thing, get a dealer to swap the wheels over and use the existing bag.