PDA

View Full Version : UK TwinTop recall

imay
23rd March 2008, 10:42 PM
Anyone on here with an AH TwinTop? If so, this could be interesting reading. Got this from astraownersclub.com

Customer Satisfaction Programme - Additional Brake Lamp & Roof Adjustment

We are writing to advise you that in line with our commitment to continuous quality improvement, it has been established that a number of Vauxhall Astra Twintop models could be affected by the folding roof not functioning to specification and the additional rear brake lamp detaching from its housing. As a precautionary measure we have decided to call in a small number of Astra Twintops to have the folding roof readjusted and the additional rear brake lamp checked and replaced if necessary.

Your vehicle falls within the specified chassis range of possibly affected vehicles, and therefore needs to be rectified by an Authorised Vauxhall Repairer. The repair will of course be carried out free of charge.

What to do next
Please contact your nearest Authorised Vauxhall repairer's service reception to arrange an appointment to return your vehicle and have the rectification carried out
Take this letter with you to your Authorised Repairer in order that the attached documentation can be completed and returned to update our files at Vauxhall
If the vehicle has been sold, stolen or scrapped, or if your current address details require amending, please complete the Change of Details form opposite, detach and return it in the reply paid envelope enclosed. Similarly, if the vehicle has already been repaired, please tick the appropriate box on the Change of Details Form.
We have set up a Vauxhall Helpline to assist you in answering any queries about the rectification that you might have. The Helpline number is 0118 9458500 and can be contacted Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 12.00pm. Alternatively we offer an email enquiry service that can be contacted using [email protected].

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your co-operation in this important matter.

Yours sincerely
Sarah Kenworthy
Aftersales Director

I was aware of the possibility of breaking the rear high-mount brake light just by pressing on the boot lid, and I think the roof operating mechanism they are talking about is the replacement of a plastic component with a metal one in one of the roof motors.

Anyway, just check with Holden and see what their response is. Our models are probably much later versions than the UK get, so could already have these fixes in place. Better to check though!

Wraith
24th March 2008, 03:08 PM
Good heads up to anyone with a twin top Ian, although I don't think we have any members here with one ??

I'm curious to know the exact nature of the roof fault, if it is what you've mentioned, it dosn't sound too serious and the next production batches should have both probs sorted :)

I wonder if we'll see GMH doing a similar thing here ??