PDA

View Full Version : SRi Turbo Alloy Wheels

Groover
6th July 2004, 09:30 PM
I have yet to find any decent looking alloy wheels for my Sri Turbo. Am thinking about 18x8 but there are very few with the correct stud pattern (110mm x 5)...

The EVs series from Mile Miglia look good to me...

http://www.millemiglia.co.uk/gallery/images/peugeot_evs.jpg

Anonymous
6th July 2004, 09:48 PM
Where abouts are ya?
If ya want those Wheels in 18"x8", I can put ya in Contact with a Guy in Melb.
There about $350 Per Rim(If set is in Oz) or add $100 per rim Air Frieght from Italy.

Groover
6th July 2004, 09:51 PM
I'm in Bundaberg Qld.... cheers mate

OPL-20T
6th July 2004, 09:54 PM
dude i came close to changing my wheels on my SRiT BUT at the last moment i decided not to change them..
is it worth spending $1600+ on wheels that are only 1" bigger and 0.5 wider?
do you also know that the TRACK of the 18" wheels is ilegal on the SRiT and if a cop want to be a prick then he can give ya a defect and u cant get the car engineered either due to the Track Being so wider then 25mm...?
personally the stock SRi-T wheels look great and as close as i came to changing them i think they are a great set of wheel and keep them :)

mr_astra_retired
6th July 2004, 10:00 PM
i agree with ya goran thats why im not changing my wheels , but GROOVER a guy on here CYBULBA just got new rims on his SRiT and look the biz .

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=1790

hope this helps mate

Steven

Groover
6th July 2004, 10:01 PM
Yeh... I know... the stock alloys are amongst the better ones and I am still in two minds about the whole thing. My understanding is that these would fit legally (with the right offset). I had Bob Jane here in Bundy waiting for my order.... still thinking about it. One problem is that you get nothing for the stock rims as no one wants em. The tyres needed for the 18x8s also cost a shit load.

Seus
6th July 2004, 10:03 PM
those ones millemiglia look very similar to rx8 wheels, but larger

i like them

OPL-20T
6th July 2004, 10:12 PM
dude i spoke to my engineer and in order to have 18" on an SRi-T u need no more then 15mm max diamator, 25mm max wider track, and (87Y) tyre load. and no wider then 8.5, BUT to get a load of (87y) u need to go to a 225 tyre and not a 215 as what the SRiT comes out with, and to get a 225 with (87y) u need to lip your guards as there is not engough room bcoz the stock wheel are wider then most factory small cars come with.
i done heaps of research on this and if it was worth it i would have bought my zenatti wheels for $1600 including lipping my guards BUT not worth, andnot legal.

Groover
6th July 2004, 10:21 PM
Yep... 225+ is what I had intended. Probably need to be 35 profile as well. It is a shame that it is more complex on these cars. I was advised that there are not too many tyres around with the correct load rating that would fit this rim. Makes it kinda expensive don't it? :(

OPL-20T
6th July 2004, 10:29 PM
the correct tyre is
FK451, Falken,
225/35/R18 87Y MFS, OD Of 616, SW of230 NSD 8.0,

that is what tyre u will need to get if u want it to pass engineering,
but the other problem is u have to get a rim that has a track no wider MAX 25mm. that means that the wheel has to have an ofset of only 12.5 its 25mm for BOTH no EACH as many ppl think.

Nem
7th July 2004, 09:01 AM
This is interesting since I believe that 18's are now an option on the Vauxhall. I think they have some rediculous offset like ET45 or ET49 however. Wonder how this translates to Australian laws.

For the coupe at least (http://www.m1gst.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20284)

And Irmscher sell 18's as an option for the Astra G Hatchback. (Signa & Sports Star 5 stud models)

Although the underlying factor is that these are sold to comply with european laws I think that with the scrutiny that takes place in germany we should be able to use them here. (Depending on tire fitment of course.)

Groover
7th July 2004, 12:56 PM
My understanding is the same as it has been for the past 20+ years when I was a young fellow like most of you guys are now. That is that as long as you did not increase the track by more then 25mm, did not increase the width by more the 25mm, maintained current load and speed tyre ratings, maintained the same rolling diameter and in Qld used the same wheel and tyre on all fours (questionable) it would be legal.

dannysport18
12th July 2004, 08:35 AM
you can fit 18's on the astra i had 18's from oz on my car it was a astra turbo coupe with no mods to the arch's you can get irmscher rims that will fit i would say the sport star rims look 8) i have a friend that had 19's on his coupe very nice but you had to do a small mod to the rear bumber very easy to do

Jass
12th July 2004, 09:59 AM
Yeh... I know... the stock alloys are amongst the better ones and I am still in two minds about the whole thing. My understanding is that these would fit legally (with the right offset). I had Bob Jane here in Bundy waiting for my order.... still thinking about it. One problem is that you get nothing for the stock rims as no one wants em. The tyres needed for the 18x8s also cost a **moderated** load.

Your kidding arent ya? Mate you can seel your Turbo Rims here, iam sure there are heaps of guys who would be willing to take your wheels from your hands for a few hundred bucks depending on rubber also.

You can seel them for anywere depending on condition between 700 bucks to 1k.

ArdenBlue
12th July 2004, 10:20 AM
Keep in mind that Holden charges $668.74 per wheel and $260 per tyre for Astra T - they are certainly not cheapies. Sell them on this site or elsewhere - just don't get ripped and sell them to a tyre place.

Nem
12th July 2004, 10:30 AM
It's not like you get your moneys worth with any parts that are resold - especially genuine alloys given their outrageous price to begin with. Plus tyres dont really hold their value second hand because they're a sacrificial item anyways.

Groover
12th July 2004, 05:19 PM
Yeh, I'm re-thinking the whole thing and will probably hold on to em a bit longer... see how I feel when I replace my first set of rubber.

NUTTTR
12th July 2004, 08:20 PM
Like a cop will notice anyway.... an astra turbo is the last car he'd have in his memory for the stock track-width.....
Chances.... NIL :)