PDA

View Full Version : Vantage Point

SIMid
15th March 2008, 11:12 PM
Good to see some Astras (especially an AH) in a car chase! Hope it's better than Wesley Snipes previous effort with a Calibra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkgSUulBiI8

xplosv57
16th March 2008, 03:21 PM
Yeah saw this movie last night, well made movie and also found it cool that they used both a TS and AH in a car chase although my old TS nor any AH i've heard didn't sound anything like the sound effects in the movie!!!

Also loved how in bits of the chase how both cars somehow managed to 'fix' themselves!!! But a good chase nonetheless with some good sideways bits and cool stair jumps, plus they were technically Opels if you ignore the Chev badges!!!!

Vectracious
16th March 2008, 04:34 PM
although my old TS nor any AH i've heard didn't sound anything like the sound effects in the movie!!!!

LOL - Chevy small blocks transplanted in Spanish Police astras? ;)

Wraith
16th March 2008, 06:57 PM

LOL it was the same deal for the movie with the Calibra Simon noted above - they had a V8 sound for that one too, so fake and funny, but hey as has been said before, nothing sounds as good or better than a V8, so you can't blame movie makers for using it for better movie sound effects :)

xplosv57
16th March 2008, 08:43 PM

LOL i wish, i'd have to import one, nah they sounded more like maybe V6's or kind of VTEC like, i dunno, hard to describe but definetely not stock 1.8 emotec or Chev V8!!! :D

stevedee3
15th February 2009, 12:11 AM
Just watched this on DVD. I think the Astras are Chevrolets because the filming was done in Mexico, even though it's set in Spain.

poita
15th February 2009, 12:25 AM
plus its one of the shittest movies i've ever seen.

alts
15th February 2009, 12:33 AM
yeah it keeps going back and your just like..

AHHH F***
but as much as you want to stop watching it you gotta see the end. I threw the remote at the tv after it was over.