PDA

View Full Version : Spotted New Camaro

MatsHolden
12th March 2008, 04:04 PM
Spotted a new Camaro last night on Stud Road out near Wantirna. It looked unbelievable. Probably heading out to the spur for a few runs.

Wraith
12th March 2008, 04:12 PM
Great spotting - they are meant to be in showrooms by the end of this year :)

And yes in the flesh they look fantastic, yet another car that pics do it no justice :)

GreyRex
12th March 2008, 04:21 PM
Few pics...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-camaro.html

Wraith
12th March 2008, 04:44 PM
It's one of the toughest looking cars around, that's for sure ;)

oneightoo
12th March 2008, 04:49 PM
and it's kept most of it's original styling unlike the monaro..

btm
12th March 2008, 04:52 PM
love it in the orange vert :)

Wraith
12th March 2008, 04:59 PM
love it in the orange vert :)

I like the vert too, but it's a roofless vert like the viper :(

Calibrated
12th March 2008, 05:03 PM
i want a yellow one, with black stripes..

GreyRex
12th March 2008, 05:23 PM
i want a yellow one, with black stripes..

Yeah... Bumble Bee (Transformers)

immenotu
12th March 2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah... Bumble Bee (Transformers)

I want that car :D Looks absolutely awesome!

Calibrated
12th March 2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.ioberon.cz/img/rec/transformers-bumblebee-camaro-transform.jpg

xplosv57
12th March 2008, 07:32 PM
Spotted a new Camaro last night on Stud Road out near Wantirna. It looked unbelievable. Probably heading out to the spur for a few runs.

Mat, your thread (and text message) were useless without PICS!!!!!!!! :D

You guys can rave on about the new GT-R in other threads, but for me, this will unofficially be my next car!!! I don't care if it's alot slower or doesn't have the super technology, nothing looks as good as this beast!!!

I'd also love to get yellow with black stripes, but i'm guessing at time of release, alot of people will also go for this combo, so I have to go for another blod colour!!!

poita
12th March 2008, 08:05 PM
still not sold on the tail lights
other than that, yes fukin please!!!!

Wraith
13th March 2008, 09:49 AM
Mat, your thread (and text message) were useless without PICS!!!!!!!! :D

You guys can rave on about the new GT-R in other threads, but for me, this will unofficially be my next car!!! I don't care if it's alot slower or doesn't have the super technology, nothing looks as good as this beast!!!

I'd also love to get yellow with black stripes, but i'm guessing at time of release, alot of people will also go for this combo, so I have to go for another blod colour!!!

Agree Steve, love this car too :)

I hope you do get one - there's a very special allure for me too with all V8 muscle cars of this nature......I'm still hoping with fingers crossed we'll see the G60 Coupe in showrooms down the track, I'd much prefer one of those, even over a GT-R especially if there's a variant with the LS7 or LS9 :) will be interesting to see what's on offer after the next couple of years :)

Calibrated
13th March 2008, 09:58 AM
soo....

Whats the Retail on one of those ?

Calibrated
13th March 2008, 10:03 AM
And the big question..

Will it be a Chev or a Holden? holden badges would absolutely ruin its look..

oneightoo
13th March 2008, 10:46 AM
it'd be a chev.. since chevrolet are sold here as chevrolet.. i guess that makes sense..

btm
13th March 2008, 11:11 AM
And the big question..

Will it be a Chev or a Holden? holden badges would absolutely ruin its look..

it'd have one of these :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4x-TRANSFORMERS-Car-Wheel-Center-Emblem-Badge-Sticker-A_W0QQitemZ300204843709QQihZ020QQcategoryZ36606QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Calibrated
13th March 2008, 11:16 AM
it'd have one of these :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4x-TRANSFORMERS-Car-Wheel-Center-Emblem-Badge-Sticker-A_W0QQitemZ300204843709QQihZ020QQcategoryZ36606QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
haha! thats awesome!

MatsHolden
13th March 2008, 11:22 AM
http://www.ioberon.cz/img/rec/transformers-bumblebee-camaro-transform.jpg

That's sitting in Holden's design studio at the moment.

Wraith
13th March 2008, 11:23 AM
soo....

Whats the Retail on one of those ?

Good question - I'm guessing 60-80k price range :)

oneightoo
13th March 2008, 11:25 AM
it'd be a chev.. since chevrolet are sold here as chevrolet.. i guess that makes sense..

actually, i dont think they're very common here... theres a few silverado's and corvette's around..

it might be sold as holden hey..

btm
13th March 2008, 11:26 AM
i'd say closer to $80K i reckon

MatsHolden
13th March 2008, 11:28 AM
actually, i dont think they're very common here... theres a few silverado's and corvette's around..

it might be sold as holden hey..

Chev's aren't officially sold here at the moment. Any Chevs you see are privately imported. Except for instance some Suburbans Holden brought in which are actually GMC anyway. If the Camaro is sold here it will be sold officially as a Chev.

rjastra
13th March 2008, 03:12 PM
Well, the Challenger SRT8 is priced at USD38K. Subsequent lower spec versions will be cheaper.

IN comparison a Pontiac G8 GT (v8) is priced from USD30K. 300C SRT8 is USD41K

Calibrated
13th March 2008, 03:18 PM
Well, the Challenger SRT8 is priced at USD38K. Subsequent lower spec versions will be cheaper.

import costs just blow everything waaaay out of proportion :( seeing as the current AUD - USD rate is around 96c.

Wraith
13th March 2008, 04:44 PM

The rough rule of thumb I've always used and seems to nearly always be the case on all types of cars is x2 whatever the U.S pricing is regardless of current dollar exchange rates....that's how I estimated 60-80k price range for the Camaro... :)

Wraith
13th March 2008, 04:46 PM
import costs just blow everything waaaay out of proportion :( seeing as the current AUD - USD rate is around 96c.

We only wish that this translated to a direct reduction in our product costs, but unfortunately not the case :( it only means bigger profit margins all round to those involved :mad:

oneightoo
13th March 2008, 04:52 PM
The rough rule of thumb I've always used and seems to nearly always be the case on all types of cars is x2 whatever the U.S pricing is regardless of current dollar exchange rates....that's how I estimated 60-80k price range for the Camaro... :)

any less and you can pretty much guarantee it will sell like hot cakes and make HSV worried..

Wraith
13th March 2008, 05:01 PM
any less and you can pretty much guarantee it will sell like hot cakes and make HSV worried..

Maybe, maybe not, interesting view point, the 2 are tied together under the GM banner....will be interesting to see what happens...

I reckon though this car even if reasonably priced will not be a high volume seller, it'll definitely only appeal to a certain demographic and that may be only niche in size, just like the Chrysler 300C's....

xplosv57
13th March 2008, 06:35 PM
The information i've heard is that the car will be sold as a Chevrolet but through Holden dealers, and will fill the void left from the VZ GTO so similar pricing (round 70k)!!!

I'd better start loading up the piggy bank!!!!

Calibrated
13th March 2008, 08:08 PM
fark. i better ask for a raise...
will be soo worth it though :)

Wraith
13th March 2008, 10:21 PM

You'd better Steve and when you get it and hit the streets on Friday nights with it, I'm riding shot gun with ya :D

Orion_996
13th March 2008, 10:45 PM
Damn love that car, its so hot, but what i would love even more is the new Challenger. Either way love these new modern muscle cars, pity were only getting the Camaro, and another pity is how cheap they are in the US, NOT FAIR.

Red AH SRI T
14th March 2008, 08:04 AM
The information i've heard is that the car will be sold as a Chevrolet but through Holden dealers, and will fill the void left from the VZ GTO so similar pricing (round 70k)!!!

Almost right.

IIRC Holden's managing director said in an interview it would come here and be sold as a Chevrolet but through the GM Premium Brands network. That means it would probably be bundled in the SAAB, HUMMER, and Cadillac.

rjastra
14th March 2008, 09:08 AM

But... the 300C SRT8 is sold here. So take its price in AUD as some indication of what the price of a Camaro could be :)