PDA

View Full Version : AH angel eyes...

Lucky_Astra06
12th March 2008, 10:16 AM
hey guys,
i bought some angel eyes on ebay last nite but neva found out if they r road legal in aust...
has any1 else bought a set from germany or know where i can get sum info?
cheers
D

moose_factor
12th March 2008, 10:20 AM
hey guys,
i bought some angel eyes on ebay last nite but neva found out if they r road legal in aust...
cheers
D

As far as I know Angel eyes are perfectly road legal...

Do you have the site where you bought this from...I have been looking around for these but only found them on eBay...so not too sure...

Can't wait to see what they look like on your car...

Lucky_Astra06
12th March 2008, 10:30 AM
yer dude got it on ebay haha
i didnt really want em just put a lower offer in and saw i won it this mornin :P
pic & link below...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120230233632&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com.au%3A80%2Fsearch%2 Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle %3D120230233632%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

btm
12th March 2008, 10:32 AM
AUD $700 with postage!! :eek:

pretty pricey!

Lucky_Astra06
12th March 2008, 10:36 AM

pretty pricey!

yer @ dat price it aint 4 everyone...
i paid $638.49 aud wif postage :p
just gona b shame to loose my blue HID's now

btm
12th March 2008, 10:40 AM
just gona b shame to loose my blue HID's now
someone on here will buy them. off-set the cost of the angels a bit

Greg K
12th March 2008, 10:41 AM
im sure you could fit your HIDs into the new lenses...

Lucky_Astra06
12th March 2008, 10:52 AM
someone on here will buy them. off-set the cost of the angels a bit

yer i got a prob wif lettin go of things like that lol

im sure you could fit your HIDs into the new lenses...

hmmm not a bad idea if they do fit!!

Wraith
12th March 2008, 11:01 AM
If I had an AH I'd buy them straight away !!! once you've had these on one of your cars it's hard to go without :)

You get the cool angel eye feature and being projectors, you can fit them with Xenon HID's :)

btm
12th March 2008, 11:18 AM
being projectors, you can fit them with Xenon HID's :)
DO IT LUCKY! ;)

Wraith
12th March 2008, 11:36 AM
DO IT LUCKY! ;)

I would/will if I had an AH it would be one of my 1st mods, along with a tail lights update as well :)

JR
12th March 2008, 12:01 PM
woOot :D they finally have angel eyes for the AH version.

yup, i'd expect it to b this pricey when they're first released. i remember the angels eye for the astra g series were alomst $400-700 when they first came out - now u can get a pair for as little as $200!!

fit HID Xenons if u can. check on the housing, it will tell u if u can. if it just says "h7" - u can't. if is says both "h7" & "d2s" - u can :)

unfortunately HID Xenons are not "legally" legal unless they have auto-leveling & washers. the astras have manual-leveling (height adjustment), but no washers - dats the 'defecter'. SUX i tell ya.

Greg K
12th March 2008, 12:04 PM

yup, i'd expect it to b this pricey when they're first released. i remember the angels eye for the astra g series were alomst $400-700 when they first came out - now u can get a pair for as little as $200!!

fit HID Xenons if u can. check on the housing, it will tell u if u can. if it just says "h7" - u can't. if is says both "h7" & "d2s" - u can :)

unfortunately HID Xenons are not "legally" legal unless they have auto-leveling & washers. the astras have manual-leveling (height adjustment), but no washers - dats the 'defecter'. SUX i tell ya.

unless you get factory Xenons like mine :P

Wraith
12th March 2008, 12:13 PM
unless you get factory Xenons like mine :P

Factory HID's would be the best option - however only for those who could afford the cost, they'll make those aftermarkets above look dirt cheap, here in Aust. they are not offered as an option, so you'd have to buy them direct or come across a set with all the associated accessories on ebay :)

However they don't have angel eyes, so for me it'd still be those aftermarkets above, angel eye halos are sooooo cool :)

btm
12th March 2008, 12:48 PM
they've been out for a while JR

there is a post in here somewhere from about 2 months ago from maloo i think...

but yes, about bloody time!

RobCDX
12th March 2008, 01:09 PM
how did you manage to get the factory xenons? i bought a kit for $550 about 2 years ago, i think the left ballast is going as the left side turns on with a delay of about 1-2 secs

Greg K
12th March 2008, 04:19 PM
my xenons actually came off one of the original dealer cars when the facelift vectra was brought over to australia.. they somehow found themselves onto ebay 3 years later and i bought them for $350 complete!

SIMid
12th March 2008, 10:17 PM
First for me! Price is a bit steep. I'll wait a little longer. :p

BTW, here are some cheaper ones.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300200312705&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

;)

moose_factor
12th March 2008, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately that ebay store doesn't want to post to Australia...I have asked him a few times and he really just doesn't want to... :(

Wraith
13th March 2008, 09:13 AM
First for me! Price is a bit steep. I'll wait a little longer. :p

BTW, here are some cheaper ones.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300200312705&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

;)

Don't worry Simon, as mentioned, they will get cheaper in time :)

You may also get lucky and find someone who dosn't want them and selling a set for cheaper again, like many of the sets sold here for the TS Astra :)

SIMid
13th March 2008, 05:42 PM
Don't worry Simon, as mentioned, they will get cheaper in time :)

You may also get lucky and find someone who dosn't want them and selling a set for cheaper again, like many of the sets sold here for the TS Astra :)

True! Was close enough in copping some major damage from the motorshow. Some idiot reversed into my front end and just damaged the number plate. :rolleyes:

Any harder, then I would of needed new lights.

goof
13th March 2008, 07:01 PM
hey guys,
cheers
D

Ummm, I looked at this, but stopped when I realised there's a problem (other than the cost of postage). They drive on the other side of the road, so the dip beam pattern would be wrong for here. See 'european beam' below, ours should go up to the left (to illuminate road signs not oncoming drivers). Buying from UK would be OK though.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/lighting/EuroUS-BeamPattern-400x178.jpg

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though.

Wraith
13th March 2008, 10:25 PM
True! Was close enough in copping some major damage from the motorshow. Some idiot reversed into my front end and just damaged the number plate. :rolleyes:

Any harder, then I would of needed new lights.

Damn shame then, he/she should've hit harder, LOL good excuse to grab a set of these :D just joking, bloody lots of careless people around :mad:

Back to the lights, there should be more types/variety in time as well as being cheaper :)

tuzinski
13th March 2008, 10:31 PM
Ummm, I looked at this, but stopped when I realised there's a problem (other than the cost of postage). They drive on the other side of the road, so the dip beam pattern would be wrong for here. See 'european beam' below, ours should go up to the left (to illuminate road signs not oncoming drivers). Buying from UK would be OK though.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/lighting/EuroUS-BeamPattern-400x178.jpg

Thats the prob i have with my angels... ]= ]=
bugger any way to change them back to normal?

Huhness
13th March 2008, 10:48 PM
guys they have a clip in them to change to either LHD or RHD..

Anyway mate get these installed and get some pictures!! I've seen a few pictures and i have to say they put any version of the Astra G angel eyes to shame.. I now think my angel eyes look shit compared to these.. The AH ones are just like the angel eyes on BMWs no hot spots and very very bright!

I'm taking mine apart soon and i'll be doing some heavy modifications..

JR
14th March 2008, 10:59 AM
Thats the prob i have with my angels... ]= ]=
bugger any way to change them back to normal?

as hughness said, ur supposed to flick the lever over to "RHD". unless ofcourse the one u bought is fixed. that being the case, u gotta modify the cut-off shield plate. not easy, but do able.

moose_factor
25th March 2008, 04:53 PM
Have you fitted these on yet?

Lucky_Astra06
26th March 2008, 04:30 PM
Have you fitted these on yet?
nope still waitin for them... customs sent me a letter sayin it waz reg flagged goin thru xray n culd take upto 2 monthz 4 em to finish wif it :mad: datz kinda kewl cauz im carless 4 a bit :P

Wraith
26th March 2008, 05:28 PM
nope still waitin for them... customs sent me a letter sayin it waz reg flagged goin thru xray n culd take upto 2 monthz 4 em to finish wif it :mad: datz kinda kewl cauz im carless 4 a bit :P

That sounds odd...never heard of car items being red flagged through customs before :(

Hope someone hasn't stashed drugs or other prohibited items in the same box LOL...

Lucky_Astra06
26th March 2008, 06:16 PM
That sounds odd...never heard of car items being red flagged through customs before :(

Hope someone hasn't stashed drugs or other prohibited items in the same box LOL...

nar def not odd, 2nd time itz happened 2 me wif car partz dis year :P

Wraith
26th March 2008, 08:46 PM

Damn, I'd say that makes you very unlucky !!!

I've imported stacks of items over many years and thank goodness never had a prob....

Hope I don't jinx myself now, am currently waiting on some high tech goodies coming from Germany :pray: :)

kuruptz
29th March 2008, 06:28 PM
Whats the cheapest we can get these?

Please show pics when installed.

AH Sri Turb04
31st March 2008, 07:31 PM
Angel eyes seem pretty cool, however I have a few questions to ask:

(1) What difference do they have from the stock AH headlights?

(2) Do angel eyes give that o-ring look when they light up?

(3) It seems from a previous post someone said they are projector lights...does that mean they follow the road (and therefore is one step closer to get legal HID lights)?

Thanks all for your patience....this is a huge learning curve :D

sooty
31st March 2008, 07:42 PM
(2) Do angel eyes give that o-ring look when they light up?

Yes...Halo type deal...hence angel eyes ;)

glider
31st March 2008, 08:37 PM

lol i took mine for a test drive tonite and they were set to LHD, flicked over to RHD and gonna give a test soon...

Lucky_Astra06
2nd April 2008, 06:13 PM
Angel eyes seem pretty cool, however I have a few questions to ask:

(1) What difference do they have from the stock AH headlights? They have projector headlights & have the halo rings...

(2) Do angel eyes give that o-ring look when they light up? yes they do

(3) It seems from a previous post someone said they are projector lights...does that mean they follow the road (and therefore is one step closer to get legal HID lights)? ummm dunno BUT mine have a switch that can change them between RHD & LHD =D

Thanks all for your patience....this is a huge learning curve :D

i got my headlights 2day wooooohooooooo hahaha loook supa HAWTT
and my car is outa da shop tomoz so sat is guna b a fun day YAY!!
Pics will cum eventually :P

sooty
2nd April 2008, 06:17 PM
Can't wait to see pics:)

moose_factor
2nd April 2008, 06:21 PM
Same man...I wanna get angels for my car too...

btm
3rd April 2008, 08:52 AM
you could be the first AH in Oz to install angels ??

moose_factor
3rd April 2008, 09:17 AM
I'll try to be the second hahaha

Lucky_Astra06
3rd April 2008, 06:58 PM
finally got my car back this arvo n the dude at holden said he'll install em next wed for $60!! bloody champ :D sooooo next wed stay tuned for pics...

sooty
3rd April 2008, 07:01 PM
finally got my car back this arvo n the dude at holden said he'll install em next wed for $60!! bloody champ :D sooooo next wed stay tuned for pics...

That is great news....top bloke lol

AH Sri Turb04
4th April 2008, 02:48 PM
Are the headlight direct swaps or is there further wiring and in-car controls that need to be installed???

I saw the headlights ('Dynabeams') on Hella Internationals website...but goodluck trying to get a hold of them!! I spoke to guys at carshine.com.au (i think melbourne shop) and they have the clear tailights for about $750, but dont have the headlights and hella Australia were of no assistance because they said that Holden should stock them...which generally isn't the case, esp for astra upgrades and/or aftermarket parts

Lucky_Astra06
4th April 2008, 04:36 PM
Are the headlight direct swaps or is there further wiring and in-car controls that need to be installed???

yer same set up as standard headlights according to holden but still i aint game enuf 2 try :P

I spoke to guys at carshine.com.au (i think melbourne shop) and they have the clear tailights for about $750
I've spoken wif them before, not that useful but... look on ebay at international sellers i got quoted $675 incl postage for the ice grey tailights & there r heaps available.

RobCDX
4th April 2008, 04:54 PM
yeah holden dont stock anything in regards to branded aftermarket upgrades/bits n pieces. i was after a set of headlight and tail light units from hella, hella wouldnt import them for me and referred me to holden. guess wat? dont bother with holden coz they said i had to find someone else for that stuff, and wouldnt even provide a suggestion of who to go to...

AH Sri Turb04
4th April 2008, 04:59 PM
yeah holden dont stock anything in regards to branded aftermarket upgrades/bits n pieces. i was after a set of headlight and tail light units from hella, hella wouldnt import them for me and referred me to holden. guess wat? dont bother with holden coz they said i had to find someone else for that stuff, and wouldnt even provide a suggestion of who to go to...

Its a vicious circle!!!!!!!! One entity handballs you off to another!! That is why I am not even going to contact Holden... I am surprised that Hella Australia don't stock the dynabeam headlights, but Hella Int do! That is frustrating... Does anyone reckon a Hella Stockist could import it from o/s???

Lucky_Astra06
4th April 2008, 06:46 PM
clear tailights for about $750

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=260151787454&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

$275 AUS + EURO 50 for postage to Australia!!
WAYYYY cheaper then what u got quoted. im thinkin bout gettin a set & having them tinted so itz more blak on blak :P

poita
4th April 2008, 07:29 PM
ooooo they are nice!

sooty
4th April 2008, 07:31 PM
ooooo they are nice!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=160225092054&Category=108785&_trksid=p3907.m29
and the complete opposite :D

poita
4th April 2008, 07:38 PM
yes ur are right
they look like arse

tuzinski
4th April 2008, 11:23 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=160225092054&Category=108785&_trksid=p3907.m29
and the complete opposite :D
i think they would look nice without that red part and if they where abit more tinted :D

AH Sri Turb04
5th April 2008, 10:33 AM
I've contacted one seller from Germany and said they will not distribute to AU....

Also, if any of you are to buy, make sure u get the correct ones, ie GTC = coupe (if im not wrong)...

I was looking at the headlights and the standard 5 door astra has slightly different headlights to the coupes...

On a side note: ive got in contact with a hella stockist and gave him the part #'s to the dynabeam headlights and i will wait and see what he has to say as to whether he can import it. I bet he will charge me an arm and a leg though!!!!

sooty
7th April 2008, 06:35 PM
OMG...i'd never seen these before but just joined Astraownersnetwork and...
TADA!!!!
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd42/diesel110_photo/HAngeleyes.jpg

Look pretty sexy i reckon :p

Lucky_Astra06
7th April 2008, 06:57 PM
OMG...i'd never seen these before but just joined Astraownersnetwork and...
TADA!!!!
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd42/diesel110_photo/HAngeleyes.jpg

Look pretty sexy i reckon :p

not bad... i rekon it'll look way beta on a black coupe :D woooo 2 dayz 2 go :dance:

AH Sri Turb04
8th April 2008, 08:52 AM
you can buy them online for 235 pounds (yeah i know the currency conversion will kill us)

www.imexdesigns.co.uk (http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk)

/Body Kits (http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk/shop/Body-Kits/cat_3.html)/Vauxhall (http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk/shop/Body-Kits/Vauxhall/cat_41.html)/ASTRA MK5. (http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk/shop/Body-Kits/Vauxhall/ASTRA-MK5-/cat_258.html)/Astra H Mk5 Angel-eyes

it does say however it is for RHD...but as previously mentioned there should be a LHD/RHD switch....

http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk/shop/images/uploads/astra%204%20door/ASTRAGTCLIGHTS.JPG

http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk/shop/images/uploads/astra%204%20door/ASTRA2GTCLIGHTS.jpg

sooty
8th April 2008, 09:21 AM
it does say however it is for RHD...but as previously mentioned there should be a LHD/RHD switch....

http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk/shop/images/uploads/astra%204%20door/ASTRAGTCLIGHTS.JPG

http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk/shop/images/uploads/astra%204%20door/ASTRA2GTCLIGHTS.jpg

Last time i checked pretty sure we drove RHD :p
Plus atm 235pound is cheap. Around $500 + shipping:)

Wraith
8th April 2008, 09:50 AM
Those AH angel headlights look great :)

btm
8th April 2008, 09:57 AM
cant wait to see them on. should look great on a black car as you said

kuruptz
9th April 2008, 01:57 PM
Oh cant wait to see, Today is the day right?

Will you have the photos up tonight?

btm
9th April 2008, 01:59 PM
Will you have the photos up tonight?
he'd better... or else! :p

USC
9th April 2008, 02:28 PM

weird...the person must be extra picky..

Lucky_Astra06
9th April 2008, 08:13 PM
here u go guyz... looks great but aint finished yet, i aint happy wif the yellow glow clashes wif the blue HID's too much so will change it soonish...

poita
9th April 2008, 09:15 PM
that looks sweet as, nice work!

Shaun
9th April 2008, 09:29 PM

pretty pricey!

Standard Genuine AH Head lamps for are arround the $450 mark. thats not bad for the Angel Lights.

bornwild
9th April 2008, 09:34 PM
Those look nice as, I'll be looking into buying those once they become cheaper. Could you post some close-up pics of them during daylight?

I just want to see whether the inner bit is sticking out too much

SIMid
10th April 2008, 08:11 AM
They do look good! Might wait a little longer and see if they have something similar to the R8 style of headlight.

Wraith
10th April 2008, 08:48 AM
here u go guyz... looks great but aint finished yet, i aint happy wif the yellow glow clashes wif the blue HID's too much so will change it soonish...

Looks awesome...

IMHO the white/yellow-ish angel colour and blue-ish HID colour look the bees knees :) got it that way on my vert...if they're both the same it dosn't look as good, I tried that on my TS with LEDS and put the standard globes back in the angel eye halos :)

btm
10th April 2008, 10:41 AM
very nice! :clap:

JR
10th April 2008, 12:43 PM
Looks awesome...

IMHO the white/yellow-ish angel colour and blue-ish HID colour look the bees knees :) got it that way on my vert...if they're both the same it dosn't look as good, I tried that on my TS with LEDS and put the standard globes back in the angel eye halos :)

+1
i prefer the nice golden glow look as opposed to the superbright white led look.

Huhness
10th April 2008, 12:51 PM
why are your angel eyes so bright during the day?? :mad:

Wraith
10th April 2008, 03:33 PM
why are your angel eyes so bright during the day?? :mad:

LOL why are yours darker ???

Mine are as bright or brighter than that...

It also depends on the pics, some make them look brighter or darker than they actually are...

Also as incandescent globes age, they develop a black scar on the inside of the glass housing, making then produce a darker more yellow-ish and then orange-ish light as they age further...