PDA

View Full Version : Japanese tour de force

Wraith
11th March 2008, 01:19 PM
Came across this pic in the GT-R forum I'm a member of :) not sure what it's all about, maybe national automotive pride...

Great shot of all 3 new models of their halo muscle cars in white - nice backdrop too :)

I dare say, a scary sight for all Euro and U.S and other hi-po car manufacturers, these things can chew up anything in their respective classes and beyond :)

http://i32.tinypic.com/21noz1l.jpg

Dee
11th March 2008, 01:22 PM
they look awesome

but the prancer is too high

SSS_Hoon
11th March 2008, 01:34 PM
i was going to say that i actually like the lancer the best out of that photo.

SSS_Hoon

btm
11th March 2008, 04:13 PM
i'm not fussy... i'll take any of them :D

USC
11th March 2008, 04:34 PM
i would take the GTR. hate the subaru and hate the back of the lancer.

sooty
11th March 2008, 07:59 PM
*throws up at sight of scooby doo*

Wraith
11th March 2008, 08:33 PM
i'm not fussy... i'll take any of them :D

Agree, but I also wouldn't mind one of each or at least 2 of em :)

Now lets see, I'll take a white Sti for the every ride and a red GT-R for weekend pony tail brand snob bashing :D :D

JohnBu
12th March 2008, 10:43 AM
EVO looks great.. but from that angle, it doesn't look much better than Lancer VRXs

gotta see it in the flesh..

hmmmmmm EVO or 135i :)

even though I know the STi is more capable, but can't get over the looks.. like the ugly chic who is awesome in the bedroom...

Wraith
12th March 2008, 11:32 AM
EVO looks great.. but from that angle, it doesn't look much better than Lancer VRXs

gotta see it in the flesh..

hmmmmmm EVO or 135i :)

even though I know the STi is more capable, but can't get over the looks.. like the ugly chic who is awesome in the bedroom...

LOL good one :)

Agree with your comment on the Evo...did you see the pics I put up on the Melb. Motor show thread ?? check out the Ralliart Lancer, looks almost the same as the Evo, 177kw - 343nm MIVEC - Evo 9 mechanicals, also with an SST option, priced at low to mid 40's, IMHO this is the pick of the bunch of the new Lancers...

As for the Sti, you need to see it in the flesh, it looks heaps better than any pics, I like it alot, one thing it has going for it IMO is perfect sizing, it's just the right size and it's driving performance/ability is hard to turn away from, I could definitely see myself with one, all these other newer cars are getting too big and bulky, the new Lancers are all too boofy IMO, but if you need all that extra space, it's a goer :)

Vectracious
12th March 2008, 09:32 PM
Thats a bad angle for the STi - saw them at the motor show and they look a lot better than the WRX with the flared arches.

I think I'd choose the Subie - but I'm biased. ;)

Wraith
13th March 2008, 09:06 AM
I think I'd choose the Subie - but I'm biased. ;)

Between the 2 rally rockets there, so would I and I'm not being biased :)

I'm sure alot of other people will have a change of mind on the Sti when they actually see one in the flesh ;) and I'm sure after they drive one, they'll be an instant admirer/fan too :)