PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control...

woody
5th July 2004, 10:44 AM
Hi All,

As those of you who own SRI's will know we have traction control.. the control part is a mis-nomer.. cos we can't turn it off!!!

Thos of you with the SRI-T will have the luxury of turning off the TC using a button in the lower part of the centre console.

Does anyone have any experience in porting this control to the SRI from the SRI-T.

Or does anyone know of a reason why this couldn't be done.

Cheers

Woodsta

Anonymous
5th July 2004, 11:18 AM
I have Switchable Traction in my 2.2 SRi. Copy these Instructions in the link Below.
http://svr58.ehostpros.com/%7Eopela58/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=20

Enjoy

Anonymous
5th July 2004, 11:21 AM
P.S The Cost of the Exercise is about $40, $25-$30 for the Genuine Switch and $5-$10 for the Facia Plate with the Hole and Clip to Suit Switch.

woody
5th July 2004, 11:27 AM
Excellent, thanks for the heads up!!

Woodsta

Anonymous
5th July 2004, 11:29 AM
Any Time Mate :D

woody
5th July 2004, 11:30 AM
Hmmmm. bummer - gettign this message when trying the link:

The topic or post you requested does not exist

any clues? :(

Anonymous
5th July 2004, 11:33 AM
Umm Just go into the HOW TO's Thread,
Then on the 2nd Page of Topics look Traction Control Switch for Astra MK4 w/ABS
It should if ya go Directly there

woody
5th July 2004, 11:34 AM
s'OK found it in the how to's

Ta

Woodsta

woody
5th July 2004, 11:36 AM
Did you get the parts from holden???

Anonymous
5th July 2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah.
The Switch is about $20 Trade Price or $30 Normal RRP
and the Facia is about $5.
It will take about 2-3 days for Holden to Get the Parts from the Melb. Parts Warehouse.

woody
5th July 2004, 11:44 AM
thanks for your help.. do you notice a bit more poke when taking off in first???

Anonymous
5th July 2004, 11:47 AM
With stock Tyres(Michelin MXM) there no Traction at all in 1st gear if you take off hard, Even in the Dry. But helps to get moving quicker coz ya lose the Cutout from the Traction Control when Shifting Hard :twisted:

woody
5th July 2004, 12:15 PM
i'd love to shift hard but had to buy an Auto (wife doesn't like to drive manual :screwy: )

Anonymous
5th July 2004, 12:18 PM
With a Auto It will still Spin.
Just not a easily as a Manual :D

woody
5th July 2004, 12:27 PM
far out - just chatting to Holden in NSW - they are quoting 71+ GST for the switch alone!!

woody
5th July 2004, 12:45 PM
Hmm ok i see where Holden are going here, i can here the service department now.... "Oh look, its the new version of the TC switch with a pretty little wheel and some loose gravel on it.. i know lets charge like a wounded bull for it!! some suckers bound to buy it!!

Right about now i'd just like to introduce myself as the sucker!!!

Kid.. i saw some notes about the later model SRI's being pre wired for teh switch, are we talking fully pre wired or is there some additional work to be done?

Woodsy

Anonymous
5th July 2004, 01:18 PM
To be safe just copy the Instruction in How To's.
Coz its easier to find wires it ya do it ya self, E.G; Adding the Pin31 Wire to the Module and Splicing the Ciggy Lighter Power wires for the Switch Power.

All the Wires are supposed to be there Standard, But ya need a Workshop Manaul to know what wire is what.

woody
5th July 2004, 01:20 PM
Seems fair.. and safe... last thing i want to do is screw up my car!

Anonymous
5th July 2004, 01:23 PM
Exactly :D