PDA

View Full Version : New to the Team

AH Sri Turb04
5th March 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm new to all this - I've got (as my name says) an AH Astra Turbo 4 cyl etc etc....BUT its stock!!!

I've had it for 2 weeks now and it's a pretty sweet car - arguably bang for buck (in comparison with MPS3 and XR5) especially in near new car market...

I've been reviewing ALOT of forums and have got some great tips on issues with the car and upgrades, but my only concern is, and it's a BIG but...warranty....!! :mad: Oh well, I am sure its a double-edged sword to have warranty....for example - 2 days ago I was curious and opened the roof rack clips and one broke! Just like that - but luckily Holden didn't ask a question and have ordered the new part!

Oh well that's enough of me :) Hope to see

(a) some more astra's (and all other Opel's) on the streets of adelaide;
(b) some really modded SRi Turbo's...

-----
By the way...RIP 1999 blue Daihatsu Sirion 1.0L (990cc to be exact) - u might see it on the streets!

sooty
5th March 2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome to OA mate.
You'll find everything you're after here :)
We all worry about the warranty, but there's lots of things you can do that won't void it. I started off the same way, but now my CDTi is getting more and more modded every month lol.
To look at a heavily modded SRi-T i guess you can't go past Nemo's in the Members section :D
http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13818

AH Sri Turb04
5th March 2008, 11:23 PM
What has Holden said about your mods??? :confused:

I am sure there are some mods that do not void the warranty and I am sure that they do not have to be done by WPT???

btm
6th March 2008, 09:21 AM
welcome mate. that's a pretty big step up in cars there!!

enjoy her :)

Tfer
6th March 2008, 01:53 PM
Welcome to Opelaus mate.... enjoy your new ride and good luck finding many SA members :p :D

PaulyJ
6th March 2008, 03:39 PM
Welcome to OA

Good to see more SA people joining.

AH Sri Turb04
6th March 2008, 03:42 PM
back in the day i really wanted an sri corsa - i hear they boot - what are they 100kw???

PaulyJ
6th March 2008, 04:16 PM
92 kW stock

sooty
7th March 2008, 12:16 PM
What has Holden said about your mods??? :confused:

Holden can't say anything if they don't know :)
This whole warranty thing is pretty contentious though, unless they can prove your mod caused the fault, they can't void your warranty (or so i've heard)