PDA

View Full Version : FAT 02 Barina(AKA Corsa) SRi

AdzSri
5th March 2008, 04:23 PM
Hi All
i'm now a proud owner of an 02 SRi Corsa. will attach photos soon but so far i have made the following additions to what's an excellent factory car.
17" rims on expensive sticky bands
koni adjustable suspension at all fours
front cross sloted and drilled rotors
Uni filter
1x fog light removed and cold air pipe fitted to air box
green stuff pads
custom stainless steel system
blaupunkt remote MP3 integated head unit with new speakers (amp and 10" sub in boot)

I'm looking at engine hardware/software, what's worth purchasing and what's not. Also, has anyone performed an engine swap replacing the 1.8 mill with somthing else from the opel family? any one know of a good clutch i can still over stock? starting to slip?

cheers

Adam:D

sooty
5th March 2008, 04:24 PM
Welcome to OA, i'm sure all your questions will be answered quickly and look forward to seeing some pics. Sounds like it's in good shape:)

btm
5th March 2008, 04:29 PM
welcome champ

auzvectra has remaps for the 1.8L. you can PM him or i'm sure he will reply soon

Dee
5th March 2008, 04:32 PM
we also have a member that has used OPC parts to turbo his SRi Corsa

btm
5th March 2008, 04:36 PM
oh, and post up some pics of your ride too :)

also if you're interested, sign up at NSW opelaus for up and coming cruises/meets - http://nsw-opels.opelaus.com/forum/

immenotu
5th March 2008, 04:48 PM
Welcome mate, another SRi from Newy :D Where abouts are you so I can keep an eye out!

EL BURITO
5th March 2008, 06:34 PM
MR CORSA has a uprated clutch send him a PM

AdzSri
6th March 2008, 11:36 AM
Welcome mate, another SRi from Newy :D Where abouts are you so I can keep an eye out!

Hi, i'm from Elermore Vale but work in Hamilton so you may see me around lunch time driving. i forgot to mention i also have a Uni Filter installed.
is that black SRi your car? if so i can just see thye wheels and they suit extremelly well. Nice choice!

Adam

immenotu
6th March 2008, 11:41 AM
Hi, i'm from Elermore Vale but work in Hamilton so you may see me around lunch time driving. i forgot to mention i also have a Uni Filter installed.
is that black SRi your car? if so i can just see thye wheels and they suit extremelly well. Nice choice!

Adam

Cool, I live in Hamilton so ill keep an eye out. I'll have to go Corsa hunting one day :)

Yep the black SRi is mine. Thanks, I get quite a few comments on the wheels, really happy with them!

AdzSri
6th March 2008, 11:49 AM

have you any contacts possibly local ones for aftermarket performance parts? i would like an uprated map as the car feels it has more oompff hidden away. extractors would suit my system nicely and provide more sting. fuel cut of is selling me short and so is the poxy TC... any thoughts on removing the fuel cut off and TC?

Adam

immenotu
6th March 2008, 11:55 AM
Sorry mate, dont have any contacts, mine is pretty standard mechanically. Agree it feels like there is more power in there tho. You might find it hard to get aftermarket parts in Aus tho, many people go, "barina, havent done one of those before". Might have to get stuff from the UK.

As for TC, I think a few people on here have put in a switch to turn it on/off. A search should find something. Would definitely be quicker without it, ive had mine on in third gear :(

EDIT: One of the guys on here (Auzvectra???) has a map for the 1.8L. From everything ive heard, extractors are custom only and make a bit of difference.

btm
6th March 2008, 01:29 PM
EDIT: One of the guys on here (Auzvectra???) has a map for the 1.8L. From everything ive heard, extractors are custom only and make a bit of difference.

yep, its auzvectra that does the remaps.

Tfer
6th March 2008, 01:51 PM
yep, its auzvectra that does the remaps.

Auzvectra should be paying you a commission btm..... :rolleyes:

But yes, welcome Adam to Opleaus .... Auzvectra is the man to talk to if you are seeking ECU mapping/reflash etc.

This is the third posting stating this..... :)

btm
6th March 2008, 01:52 PM
Auzvectra should be paying you a commission btm..... :rolleyes:

i know... i already asked :p kidding :D

Tfer
6th March 2008, 01:54 PM
i know... i already asked :p kidding :D

You should ask, and then I shall ask......... joking :p :clap:

btm
6th March 2008, 03:31 PM
maybe a free remap :rolleyes: :D

PaulyJ
6th March 2008, 03:38 PM
I'd be up for a free remap...

Welcome to OA

AdzSri
6th March 2008, 03:55 PM
http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Custom%20Systems/custom_exhaust_system_holden%20_barina_sri.htm

wow look at those atw power gains! :D

Dyno sheet to prove excellent results! :clap:

anyone purchased this system?

btm
6th March 2008, 04:16 PM
that's gildo's old car. he is a member on here. from memory he wasnt too happy with it - but was ages ago and cant remember

that is the place where i got my muffler from too. i can recommend them

maloo97
6th March 2008, 04:19 PM
that's gildo's old car. he is a member on here. from memory he wasnt too happy with it - but was ages ago and cant remember

+ 1

Gildo
6th March 2008, 04:48 PM
I was veryyyyy happy with the system.
Made an amazing difference with the drivability of the car.
Chris from best mufflers is very easy to deal with and knows his stuff very well.
I recomend this system 100%. makes an amazing sound, def didnt sound like a barina.
Im contemplating re-doing the system on my astra coupe just to get that gargle back. (its addictive)
welcome to the site btw!
(btw those dyno figures were on a 30 degree day)

btm
7th March 2008, 09:03 AM
I was veryyyyy happy with the system.
Made an amazing difference with the drivability of the car.
Chris from best mufflers is very easy to deal with and knows his stuff very well.
I recomend this system 100%. makes an amazing sound, def didnt sound like a barina.
Im contemplating re-doing the system on my astra coupe just to get that gargle back. (its addictive)
welcome to the site btw!
(btw those dyno figures were on a 30 degree day)

i couldnt have been more wrong... my bad :o

Dav SRi
25th March 2008, 07:22 PM
Hi, I have gildo's old exhaust, it's goes hard but I find it abit loud.

glider
25th March 2008, 08:52 PM

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Custom%20Systems/custom_exhaust_system_holden%20_astra_sri.htm

lolz

poita
25th March 2008, 09:59 PM
BTM - BesT Mufflers
hmmm no wonder u reccomend them :p

btm
26th March 2008, 08:59 AM
http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Custom%20Systems/custom_exhaust_system_holden%20_astra_sri.htm

lolz

yep, that's me! :)

Juice
15th April 2008, 11:59 PM
Have a good stay.

OPC
16th April 2008, 12:08 AM
we also have a member that has used OPC parts to turbo his SRi Corsa

wow i wonder who is using OPC parts ?

i didnt know they were available here in australia