PDA

View Full Version : Opel Tigra Illusion

R3N
4th March 2008, 02:40 AM
Its a hard top, no wait... a soft top... no I was right the first time, a hard top.

Its a hard top with the illusion of having a hard top. Why? I don't know.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/R8RT23XD3MI/AAAAAAAAkNM/UxQdFnh7kpw/s400/OpelTG_1.jpg

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/02/geneva-preview-opel-tigra-twintop.html

btm
4th March 2008, 07:55 AM
Its a hard top with the illusion of having a hard top. Why? I don't know.
do you mean with the illusion of having a soft top?

strange none the less... very strange. not to mention weird looking!

Wraith
4th March 2008, 08:35 AM
mmmmm, interesting, obviously the owner likes soft tops, but the Tigra didn't come with one, so maybe he has improvised ??

IMO it would've looked good if it was in a different colour, ie: black or navy blue, would match into the car better and look like a more real soft top... :)

Mainframe_Module
4th March 2008, 10:25 AM
Fugly colour.

btm
4th March 2008, 10:31 AM
Fugly colour.

the car or the 'soft top' ?

Wraith
4th March 2008, 10:35 AM
the car or the 'soft top' ?

+1

That colour top is used on the MG soft top vert, looks ok with a matching duco colour...

The colour used on the Tigra is 'metro metallic'

It's also used on the AH twin tops and IMO looks very nice on them :)

R3N
4th March 2008, 02:46 PM
do you mean with the illusion of having a soft top?

exactly! that's what i said :p

Vectracious
4th March 2008, 08:00 PM
Looks like an old school vinyl roof!

shoey85
4th March 2008, 09:13 PM
WTF just WTF???

Wraith
5th March 2008, 09:29 AM
Looks like an old school vinyl roof!

That's actually one of the 1st things I thought too, reminded me of alot of the old 60's and 70's cars, most of which had vinyl clad roofs...

Can't really tell with this Tigra if it's something like vinyl or fabric over the top or if it's painted in a matt finish paint ??

He/she may have been trying to get that fabric 2 tone look maybe ?? that's one of the things alot of us soft top vert owners like :)

Mainframe_Module
5th March 2008, 12:26 PM
the roof, which also ruins the colour of the body....so the two together look vomit-worthy :P

imay
5th March 2008, 12:51 PM
I don't necessarily LIKE it, but again don't mind the concept. I see the value, security wise, of a hard-top convertible . . . but really prefer the traditional soft-top look. So why not cover the hard-top with a soft-top type material to give you that warm fuzzy feeling of driving a REAL convertible (even if it's not!).

And isn't that what it's all about with us enthusiasts . . . expressing personal style?

And, right off topic, but what a mistake Holden made in not bringing the Tigra to Australia in automatic. I know a couple of women that would have one in a flash if it had been available in auto. Another marketing goof-up Holden has to live with!

Wraith
5th March 2008, 12:54 PM
the roof, which also ruins the colour of the body....so the two together look vomit-worthy :P

It looks like the same colour used on MG and Renault softtop verts...I've seen dark green MG verts with that fabric top that colour used on this Tigra, not to my liking either, but each to their own :)

With the 'metro metallic' duco of that Tigra, either black or navy blue fabric look colour would've looked much better IMO :)

EL BURITO
5th March 2008, 12:59 PM
I know a couple of women that would have one in a flash if it had been available in auto. Another marketing goof-up Holden has to live with!

The z18xe was never paired up with a auto transmition on the XC in ither Tigra or Corsa form

Wraith
5th March 2008, 01:17 PM
I know a couple of women that would have one in a flash if it had been available in auto.

Agree, there are alot of different car types which would have much greater sales if available as autos, auto transmissions dominate sales of cars World wide...only ever heard of 1 or 2 types which had poor sales in auto variants, one being the Impreza Wrx, little surprise there...

Probably one of the main reasons more and more manufacturers are adopting 'automated manuals' SMG, DSG, SST etc. which provide the best of both Worlds :)

Now back to that Tigra, someone chop it with a navy blue fabric top, I reckon it'll look heaps better ;)