PDA

View Full Version : Pedder suspension

slyone
3rd July 2004, 07:28 PM
I just paid $550 for pedders springs and they seem to be ok. I take it for a rap throught national park tonight and see how it goes.

slyone
3rd July 2004, 09:11 PM
Yeah they feel a lot firmer and lower. I took it through a sharp sweep in my new area i leave in now. The corner should be taken at 25-30km i usually hit it 40kmh or maybe 50km. But tonight my mate saw me took it up to 55kmh but drifting into it. it sat more flat and less roll. I am going for a run tonight and see how it goes....

macca
4th July 2004, 12:45 AM
pedders eat ass! heheh

slyone
4th July 2004, 12:34 PM
Why thats Macca??

Nem
4th July 2004, 01:39 PM
Why Pedders are crap (http://www.ripoffmerchant.net/)

Euro Racer
4th July 2004, 02:42 PM
I just paid $550 for pedders springs and they seem to be ok. I take it for a rap throught national park tonight and see how it goes.

$550 just for the springs??

Anonymous
4th July 2004, 02:59 PM
I agree with Macca.
I had Pedders in my Gemi and the F'n Coils Broke :x then same day I got defected for being to low :bang:
Personally I'd use King Springs for Budget or Eibach or Bilstien if ya want Quality at a Price.

Was $550 Fitted or Plus Fitting?

DoomTrooper
4th July 2004, 05:14 PM
i'm not one to judge and if your happy with them then thats all that matters, however i must say that i paid $390 for eibachs, fitted tem myself and then got a 4 wheel allighnment for $50, total $440, results=very nice ride

macca
4th July 2004, 05:34 PM
just cos im getting FK springs for 330 of Costa and they quoted me 550 for springs.
i know i have a habit of working it bak into english pounds but i can get mine fitted and a nicer ride for 450 and have a hundred left for other stuff.
they put me off when i said i wanna lower the front and he said i couldnt even tho there is a 3 cm gap,
and when he came out with the price i thought he was joking!
i wouldnt pay more than 300 for unknown brand of springs, for koni, H&R eibach etc,
i would not for king springs, plus i got informed there pants too so.... yer

DoomTrooper
4th July 2004, 05:47 PM
macca just a tip, suggest you use some more punctuation, makes it easier to read and understand what your sayin,
A new line hear and there helps as well,

slyone
4th July 2004, 05:48 PM
Why Pedders are crap (http://www.ripoffmerchant.net/)

S^&t man thats a eye opener.

Well at least it better that stock... :oops:

The total was $550 fitted.

I see how they are, but i am planning to upgrade to the Astra Turbo when it comes out. It was easier to get done when I tried to get eibach springs I was told that they will call me back and that was twice, so i said to myself well they don't want my business and Pedders did. Its is the same with Rocket Industries I have called them twice and they said they will call me back in two days time and they HAVEN'T. So at the end of the day customer service and parts at hand.

macca
4th July 2004, 06:23 PM
sorry i couldn't be assed too ill edit it

XXX-1.8T
4th July 2004, 06:23 PM
Man Maccas from england if anyone has the right to talk like that its Macca :lol:

macca
4th July 2004, 06:40 PM
hahah cheers Costa ,big up Greece all the way tonight

OzzySRi
4th July 2004, 08:39 PM
U got ripped pretty hard mate. I fitted Pedders springs myself to my SRi a couple of months ago. Cost me $215 front and rear (trade price) + $30 alignment. They may not be the 'best' out there but they are pretty decent.

NUTTTR
4th July 2004, 11:39 PM
I'm with macca...... i had NOTHING but BAD service from king's, when they ****ed up making the springs in the first place (for another car) and i in the end, gave up... they offered to swap them, but by this stage, it was too late, and since then, i've told about 50-60 people about it and they'd never buy king's again either, so they shot themselves in the foot bigtime!!!
I want 40/20 springs for the astra so it'll sit "level" i.e. front/rear gap under the arches... but nrma won't accept me having 40mm lowered springs :( :( So eibach it is.... :(

Pharkus
5th July 2004, 08:15 AM
Hey guys,

Has anyone fitted the Eibach pro-kit to their cars?

If so how much lower is it? 30mm lower than factory or 30mm lower than it currently sits on the N/A Sri?

RACV will only insure me if this huge list of bullcrap is met, and I am thinking about getting them next month.

DoomTrooper
5th July 2004, 08:56 AM
i have a pro kit on mine, as i said above
30mm lower than factory, but its a good height

Pharkus
5th July 2004, 08:59 AM
Doomtrooper,

Hey just a question then, how high is it from the ground up to the bottom of your side skirts (factory)?

DoomTrooper
6th July 2004, 10:08 AM
i have no idea but if u give me a days grace i will take a ruler next time i go for a drive and get u a measurement, my car is parked on a hill sorry

Jass
6th July 2004, 10:18 AM
Pedders, Kings and Jumbo are all crap!!

The only brand worth getting are eibachs, Fk's and H&R :mrgreen:

XXX-1.8T
6th July 2004, 10:18 AM
Well now that people know that Pedders and King springs are crap hopefully people start buying FK springs as they are cheaper than dodgy springs, German made, and meet all TUV/ ISO standards

I say stick to all German made springs H&R,Eibach, and FK 8)

Nem
6th July 2004, 10:26 AM
If so how much lower is it? 30mm lower than factory or 30mm lower than it currently sits on the N/A Sri?

It's 30mm lower than standard factory.

DoomTrooper
6th July 2004, 04:44 PM
its about 155 at front and 185 at rear too the factory skirting from ground, remember of cource this is very rough estimate, but its about 20-25mm lower

mr_astra_retired
6th July 2004, 04:48 PM
Well now that people know that Pedders and King springs are crap hopefully people start buying FK springs as they are cheaper than dodgy springs, German made, and meet all TUV/ ISO standards

I say stick to all German made springs H&R,Eibach, and FK 8)

maybe people cant afford expensive suspension that they really dont need .

I got KING springs in my SRiT and they perform great , i dont race my car on the track so i dont see the point of more expensive springs.

XXX-1.8T
6th July 2004, 04:50 PM
Hey Mr Astra

funny thing is the FK springs are cheaper than Pedder/King :)

mr_astra_retired
6th July 2004, 04:51 PM
Pedders, Kings and Jumbo are all crap!!

The only brand worth getting are eibachs, Fk's and H&R :mrgreen:

Oh come on Jose , dont be like that mate :wink:

:lol: :lol:

XXX-1.8T
6th July 2004, 04:55 PM

how much did u pay for ur kings?

I bet ya the FK's would be cheaper or equivalent shipped straight from the motherland :lol:

mr_astra_retired
6th July 2004, 04:58 PM

how much did u pay for ur kings?

I bet ya the FK's would be cheaper or equivalent shipped straight from the motherland :lol:

I paid $450 fitted at wholesale suspension penrith :wink:

XXX-1.8T
6th July 2004, 05:07 PM
well for anyone that wants their Astra lowered with good quality springs Fk's are available for $320 (not fitted)

Is that expensive?

mr_astra_retired
6th July 2004, 07:25 PM
well for anyone that wants their Astra lowered with good quality springs Fk's are available for $320 (not fitted)

Is that expensive?
Mate the point of my initial post was in regard to your point of saying that king springs are crap , now have you fitted king springs in a astra before???
And i was saying that most people cant aford suspension types like H&R for example.
king springs are designed for the Australian market so with most people , its better to go with who you know

and no $320 for springs aint that bad

Anonymous
6th July 2004, 07:35 PM

Is that expensive?
Mate the point of my initial post was in regard to your point of saying that king springs are crap , now have you fitter king springs in a astra before???
And i was saying that most people cant aford suspension types like H&R for example.
king springs are designed for the Australian market so with most people , its better to go with who you know

hey i worked dam bloody hard to get my h&r suspension idid so much overtime that month 12hrs a day for seven days a week unlike these others born with a silver spoon and tell me wot kind of nutbag would put h&r coilover in a corsa

Jass
6th July 2004, 07:36 PM
I wasnt very happy with the Kings, the way the handle just doesn't seem right to me, maybe cause the car is only lowered by 30mm i drove one with 60mm and it handle much better. I would be intrested to see how the astra handles with the whiteline gear.

ultim8DTM5
6th July 2004, 08:14 PM

Is that expensive?
Mate the point of my initial post was in regard to your point of saying that king springs are crap , now have you fitter king springs in a astra before???

hey i worked dam bloody hard to get my h&r suspension idid so much overtime that month 12hrs a day for seven days a week unlike these others born with a silver spoon and tell me wot kind of nutbag would put h&r coilover in a corsa

If I was over 25 I'd be joining you in the nutbag stakes! That didn't exactly sound right now did it?

XXX-1.8T
6th July 2004, 08:15 PM

Is that expensive?

what im trying to say kings may be cheaper etc but its always better to spend a little more to get something vastly better....

Havent been in an Astra with Kings but been in plenty other rides with them on and they felt not good ;)

Do what u want its ur ride im just sharing my point of view on the forum so when newbies read this post they dont go out buying Kings/pedders thinking they are doing good for their car - just letting people know that there are better choices for around the same money ;)

Tony i worked 2 jobs for many of my mods and u know what the satisfaction feels so good knowing that u bought something worth while 8)

mr_astra_retired
6th July 2004, 08:53 PM

Is that expensive?

what im trying to say kings may be cheaper etc but its always better to spend a little more to get something vastly better....

Havent been in an Astra with Kings but been in plenty other rides with them on and they felt not good ;)

Do what u want its ur ride im just sharing my point of view on the forum so when newbies read this post they dont go out buying Kings/pedders thinking they are doing good for their car - just letting people know that there are better choices for around the same money ;)

Tony i worked 2 jobs for many of my mods and u know what the satisfaction feels so good knowing that u bought something worth while 8)

Ok thats fine but you say that you want new members to read this and dont buy king or pedder springs WTF gees mate i just told you that king springs on my SRiT work great and drives really well so why are you telling new members not to buy them when you dont have a Opel????
If you can offer us a comparrison on king and FKs we all would be greatful ...

I understand your point to buy quality but at a price and i understand your point about other cars etc but mate come on this is a Opel forum .myself and others here have kings and pedders in our astras and corsa's vectras etc and find them to be fine for what we do with our cars

Anonymous
6th July 2004, 09:02 PM
myself and others here have kings and pedders in our astras and corsa's vectras etc and find them to be fine for what we do with our cars

I Agree, I got Kings on my astra, and im quite happy with them...

macca
6th July 2004, 09:07 PM
Oi i would put H&R on a Corsa wots wrong with that i recon a Corsa with H&R will out corner an astra any day ( aimed at OPE )

XXX-1.8T
6th July 2004, 09:34 PM
whatever......

maybe i should slap opel badges on my car so i can join this convo :shock:

mr_astra_retired
6th July 2004, 09:50 PM
whatever......

maybe i should slap opel badges on my car so i can join this convo :shock:

If your info was correct ... and you dont need to slap opel badges on your car mate , we can accept all users thoughts here but just learn to accept critism ok escpeccially when it comes to opel cars . :roll:

XXX-1.8T
6th July 2004, 09:55 PM
i can accept criticism no problem :)

As long as ur happy im happy ;)

i achieved my opbjective of letting people know there are alternatives out there :)

cheers
Costa....

OPL-20T
6th July 2004, 10:04 PM
i know a few people with KING springs on diff car models that are not happy with them, i also would like to say that i had H&R springs on my parents astra sedan and the thing handled like a mother F*cker, it out handled my BMW 3 Series by far in corner speed.
well how about K-Mac Springs? they are the only company that can make any spring and thing for a car in 24hrs for any car any mod at any spring rate. On my bmw i had my springs made to the same strength as the M3 springs and same setting and all. and all for $520 fitted. how is that for a price guys :)...

XXX-1.8T
6th July 2004, 10:13 PM
K Mac are also a top product :wink:

Anonymous
6th July 2004, 10:27 PM
K Mac,Kings and Pedders are the same Springs.
Come Central Spring Works in Qld.
I'd prefer Kings(Out of the 3) due the Distributor in Vic is also the Koni and Bilstien Importer for all of Oz. So if it Packs up, He'll fix it.
But when push Comes to Shove, Bilstien with Koni Yellows is the Astra Package.

OPL-20T
6th July 2004, 10:32 PM
how can they be the same springs when K-Mac make them on the spot for your car,???? and for the SRiT they dont order the spring they make it of r your car the way u want it. so im not sure where u got this info from that KINGS, PEDDERS are the same, that is so wrong champ.

Anonymous
6th July 2004, 10:34 PM
*EDIT* To answer Goran. They were made here in Melbourne til the Company Moved to Queenland, I admit I'm wrong with K MAC.
On a Final Note:
Everybody is happy with what setup they have, That should be it.
So Calm Down People, ya give yaselves a Heart attack.

Aus-SRi
6th July 2004, 10:40 PM
Case Closed