PDA

View Full Version : Stone chips

SydneySRi
3rd July 2004, 03:41 PM
Got a couple of stone chips on the way to work this morning. Any suggestions on the best way to fix em up. Touch up paint? Where do you get it from?

Cheers,
Ryan...

Anonymous
3rd July 2004, 04:06 PM
I have a Touch up Paint that I was given from a Former Work Mate(I used to work @HSV). But ya can buy Touch Up from ya Local Holden dealer or for a Cheaper Alternative, Goto ya local Auto Paint Supplier and they Colour Match it Perfectly.

SydneySRi
3rd July 2004, 05:11 PM
Thankyou, i might just go & see Holden to avoid any stuff ups. It should be worth the few extra $$ :D

lee683
3rd July 2004, 07:09 PM
hows this for stone chips???

http://work.aevans.net/uploads/bSUhF8hYpRtR.jpg
http://work.aevans.net/uploads/Pdoi21A3MNMH.jpg

em
3rd July 2004, 07:43 PM
Thankyou, i might just go & see Holden to avoid any stuff ups. It should be worth the few extra $$ :D

Where in sydney are you and what colour is your car?

If your willing to pick up some paint from Warringah Mall i can get it for you pretty cheap....

em

Fungusfee
3rd July 2004, 08:13 PM
hows this for stone chips???

WTF did ya do to get that???

I asked about touchup paint for mine (got the old dark blue astra 2001, the blue between the two new shades) and was told 'cos of the clear coat, any touch ups will look darker, even with the colour matched. you could use clear nail polish but it'd wash off so you gotta keep putting it on.

i just wait until i get enough chips and repaint the damn bonnet (3rd respray, here i come!).

opel_calibra
3rd July 2004, 09:54 PM
[quote="lee683"]hows this for stone chips???

i have seen this in person..lee definitely wins the stone chip award

em
3rd July 2004, 10:13 PM
WTF did ya do to get that???

I asked about touchup paint for mine (got the old dark blue astra 2001, the blue between the two new shades) and was told 'cos of the clear coat, any touch ups will look darker, even with the colour matched. you could use clear nail polish but it'd wash off so you gotta keep putting it on.

i just wait until i get enough chips and repaint the damn bonnet (3rd respray, here i come!).

This is true, the paint will dry slightly darker, therefore in some cases a respray is a better option. As for the clear nail polish dont bother, it does nothing....

lee683
3rd July 2004, 11:07 PM
thanks matt. do i get a trophy??

thats what i get for driving to work every morning from wollongong to caringbah and back.

SydneySRi
4th July 2004, 06:41 AM
Em,
I live in good 'ole Campbelltown & have a Star Silver Astra. What place at Warringah Mall sells Astra paint?

lee683,
That puts my stone chips into perspective....Don't know what i'm complaining about!!!

Ryan.....

NUTTTR
4th July 2004, 11:18 AM
Get the car colour........
THEN get some clear coat touch up paint...... put it over the top once dry..... it will look perfect :)

em
4th July 2004, 11:50 AM
Em,
I live in good 'ole Campbelltown & have a Star Silver Astra. What place at Warringah Mall sells Astra paint?

Ryan.....

my dad's a spraypainter
paint is easy to get, if you'll pick it up :lol:

em

SydneySRi
4th July 2004, 01:06 PM
em,

I'll let you know.... Thanks! :D :!: