PDA

View Full Version : Irmscher GT i40 : Opel GT now with 6.0 V8 Grunt.

KID_SRi
27th February 2008, 06:09 PM
http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/02/front_seitlichsmall.jpg

Who says the Germans are always hung up on Bruce? Sure, the press release we just received from German tuning house Irmscher says "Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail" at the bottom; but the body of the message has an entirely different tone. Forget the standard weaksauce Ecotec 4-pot; it seems the German hordes have realized they coulda had a V8 in their Opel GT. So Irmscher is releasing their version of the wee little roadster made off the same assembly line as our Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice with a 480 PS (473 HP) 6.0-liter V8 of unspecified origin. We're sure the German Green Party will totally be happy. Full press release with all the hilarious German-English translation errors -- like "V8 Power to be enjoyed"

http://jalopnik.com/360789/irmscher-gt-i40-an-opel-gt-with-v8-power

blueraven
27th February 2008, 06:17 PM
Fark.

Nice.

How much?

poita
27th February 2008, 08:07 PM
ohhhhh nice
wats under it, an LS2 maybe??

Calibrated
27th February 2008, 08:54 PM
:eek:

holy crap!!!!

MatsHolden
27th February 2008, 10:50 PM
I'd say it'd have to be either a L98 or LS2. Awesome.

Wraith
28th February 2008, 09:51 AM
I'm still not taken by the looks of this thing - but with an LS2 (that's what I'm guessing it is) as the power plant, I would definitely consider one :)

btm
28th February 2008, 09:56 AM
i want one!

blueraven
28th February 2008, 10:21 AM
although i bet the dynamics of the thing are horrible...

btm
28th February 2008, 10:25 AM
i like those rims too!

Wraith
28th February 2008, 10:32 AM
although i bet the dynamics of the thing are horrible...

hmmm, yes, I wonder how well it'll handle/utilise that kind of grunt ??

Wraith
28th February 2008, 10:34 AM
i like those rims too!

Rims arn't bad, I believe they're on offer by Irmy for other Opels too :)

xplosv57
28th February 2008, 06:22 PM
Finally an Opel with a decent motor in it!!!!!!!!!!!

If it does have a Chev motor in it, imagine they brought this to OZ, all the tuning stuff for them are available everywhere in such a small, nice looking and handling car, i'd consider one!!!!!!!!

Ange, maybe keep a hold of that TT kit mate!!!!

Wraith
28th February 2008, 07:22 PM
Finally an Opel with a decent motor in it!!!!!!!!!!!

If it does have a Chev motor in it, imagine they brought this to OZ, all the tuning stuff for them are available everywhere in such a small, nice looking and handling car, i'd consider one!!!!!!!!

Ange, maybe keep a hold of that TT kit mate!!!!

mmmmm yeh, but I'm not really taken by this thing.....would have to see it in the flesh and take it from there...

I have been considering lately tracking down a good CV8Z, as the thought of no Monaro or Torana V8 coupes in the future sinks in :(

xplosv57
28th February 2008, 07:37 PM
Mmmm yeah CV8Z are hard to come by, cos either

1. they've been bought and thrashed,
2. they've been bought on company lease and have high k's
3. are mint with hardly any k's but want more than their retail price!!!
4. they don't wanna part with their piece of history

Mate at work has a Turismo blue one, and he is definetely in category no. 4!!!!

Wraith
29th February 2008, 11:05 AM
Mmmm yeah CV8Z are hard to come by, cos either

1. they've been bought and thrashed,
2. they've been bought on company lease and have high k's
3. are mint with hardly any k's but want more than their retail price!!!
4. they don't wanna part with their piece of history

Mate at work has a Turismo blue one, and he is definetely in category no. 4!!!!

I see quite a few when ever I look into carsales and all look to be ok in terms of condition and price :)

Havn't seen one yet where the owner is asking more than the original purchase price...I think they know they'd be pushing shit up hill !!! maybe they'll be able to do that in many years to come ??

BUT GMH have revealed another concept coupe at the International Motor Show, OH YEAH :D if it goes ahead, it's a win - win, nice new coupe option or a previous model Munro at ever dropping costs, because it won't be the last of the coupes anymore :)

I'll just hang in and wait n see what happens in the next couple of years, I'm still ever keen on the new GT-R as well :)

Tricky Ricky
29th February 2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah I'm with Wraith, I'm not a fan of the styling....too angular for the sake of it.

On the other hand the original Opel GT is one sexy beast!