PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Ute Crash - BAD

MatsHolden
25th February 2008, 08:00 PM
Ute crash on Sunday in the V8 utes support race leading up to the Clipsal 500 second race. Drivers are relatively fine with the worst injured regaining consiousness in hospital which is good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImbJ9leGf4s

sooty
25th February 2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah, saw that one too.
Insanely unlucky and doesn't really have too much to do with the course, could happen anywhere.
Amazing to watch the things collide though.
Hope everyone fully recovers.

kabel
25th February 2008, 09:47 PM
How about the amount of debris flying around, did you notice the wheel
bouncing down the track and finally landing on the front of one of the utes, there was certainly some damage done to those cars .
Did I hear correctly one driver has spinal injuries , nothning severe I hope.
Speedy recovery to all involved .

Keep'emRunning
26th February 2008, 09:20 AM
..couldn't believe they both survived that one.

Dick Johnson (now a reknown cranky old fart) said something along the lines of how stupid it was for contest directors to allow amateurs to race on such tight circuits.

Wonder if he said that before or after the fatal supercar accident...

MatsHolden
26th February 2008, 01:09 PM
I agree with Cam McConville, it's a tragedy, but everyone knows motorsport is dangerous.

Wraith
26th February 2008, 03:31 PM
I agree with Cam McConville, it's a tragedy, but everyone knows motorsport is dangerous.

+1

No matter how good or experienced they are - there's always the danger of something going wrong in motor sport...

btm
26th February 2008, 03:46 PM
No matter how good or experienced they are - there's always the danger of something going wrong in motor sport...
peter brock a perfect example too

Wraith
26th February 2008, 04:02 PM
peter brock a perfect example too

Exactly - I was actually thinking of both him and Ayrton Senna, when I wrote my post above, both pro drivers with something going terribly wrong - it can and does happen... :(

xplosv57
26th February 2008, 07:21 PM
Yes motor racing is dangerous, but when the danger can be prevented, by all means prevent it!!! Referring to the fatal accident, count how many big crashes that have occured in turn 8 the last 10 years??

Way too many, experienced or not this fatality was coming, for a track which is surrounded by concrete barriers, that corner is just way too quick!!!

SKM_87
26th February 2008, 08:27 PM
all drivers are fine, matt kingsley (the worst off of them) is ok, no broken bones or other major injuries. back, neck and should pain and some damaged ligaments.

also a couple years ago a very similar crash happened and it never made this big of a deal.

motorsport is dangerous, all drivers know the risk. adelaide is a hard track for saftey as it is a street circut and it makes run off area's hard to judge and place. and no drivers going to say to take that track away, its the danger of the place that makes it such a challenge to over come, and all racers love a challenge.

MatsHolden
26th February 2008, 11:28 PM
Yes motor racing is dangerous, but when the danger can be prevented, by all means prevent it!!! Referring to the fatal accident, count how many big crashes that have occured in turn 8 the last 10 years??

Way too many, experienced or not this fatality was coming, for a track which is surrounded by concrete barriers, that corner is just way too quick!!!

Yeh but look at how many serious accidents there have been at The Chase at the end of Conrod straight at Bathurst, if you changed that then Bathurst just wouldn't be Bathurst. No matter what you change, there's still the risk. Of course some corners are riskier than others but that's motorsport. Also look how many crashes have occured accross the top of the mountain where Mark Porter lost his life. But you can't just change it because of one unfortunate incident. I say leave turn 8 as it is.

MatsHolden
26th February 2008, 11:30 PM
And yes we know the video in this thread is not the accident at turn 8.

SKM_87
27th February 2008, 08:57 AM
and the fact the chase was made into bathurst to increase saftey cause of cars going to fast down the straight, and a crash happen,and someone unfortunatly died. and the chase is still a very risky corner.

MatsHolden
27th February 2008, 10:55 PM
and the fact the chase was made into bathurst to increase saftey cause of cars going to fast down the straight, and a crash happen,and someone unfortunatly died. and the chase is still a very risky corner.

Yeh, Mike Burgmann. It was a shocker.