PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Timer For Astra H

ROCCO
25th February 2008, 06:29 PM
Hi guys,

A mate of mine is selling his Greddy turbo timer..brand new never used...thought i'd by it from him....only prob is...I don't know if it will work with the canbus sytem or not...any one else set one up with the H yet??

heres a link to what the timer looks like

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/images/products/greddy/15500020.jpg

owhat
25th February 2008, 10:23 PM
i had a silver one of them in my old turbo toyota paseo, great little unit.

jsantos
25th February 2008, 11:15 PM
To answer your question i have no idea,

i'm just wondering why you want it?

I'm 100% sure it won't do much besides waste fuel??

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

blueraven
25th February 2008, 11:33 PM
not really needed on our engines, especially a stock one.

They can be easily fitted tho, and they have little to do with the ecu, more the ignition system. They can void your insurance though and are illegal in some states :)

ROCCO
26th February 2008, 08:07 PM
not really needed on our engines, especially a stock one.

They can be easily fitted tho, and they have little to do with the ecu, more the ignition system. They can void your insurance though and are illegal in some states :)

damn it thats not what I wanted to hear....lol...easily fitted woohoo...void insurance DOH! Illegal in some states....double DOH! DOH!

luvpsi
26th February 2008, 08:26 PM
damn it thats not what I wanted to hear....lol...easily fitted woohoo...void insurance DOH! Illegal in some states....double DOH! DOH!

got the same t/t myself... excellent product and good value for $$$. It also hooks up to your speed signal wire and can give you 0-100km/h, quarter mile, etc readings pretty accurately plus a few other things... if you hide it then the cops can't see it so you should be ok:) but as BR said they are sometimes illegal and can be potentially dangerous and deadly:( i would recommend fitting one if you drive you car with spirit as the poor little turbo gets glowing red after only a short burst...

SSS_Hoon
27th February 2008, 07:58 AM
All u need to do is take it easy when your getting close to where you will be stopping and leave the engine running when you stop while u take off your belt and get ready to get out of the car and you will be ok.

SSS_Hoon