PDA

View Full Version : VXR and AH Turbo Tuning

Noir
20th February 2008, 08:44 PM
A little birdie told me...Turblue now has an alliance with Euro Tuner. Professional equipment has been purchased! Tuning of the VXR and AH Turbo is now available.

Tuning of the Astra G is also available.

Hold on Tight is not limited to just Opels!

Direct enquiries to
[email protected] ([email protected])
or
[email protected]

AH and VXR tunes $900...

;)

lampshade
20th February 2008, 08:57 PM
Sounds great, the AH needs some1 who is geuinley interested and has an insight into the Z20 engine :clap: :clap: :dance:

auzvectra
20th February 2008, 09:43 PM
good to hear it's all ready, i was talking to him regaurding this a week or so ago :).

Shaun
20th February 2008, 09:46 PM
The same little birdy told me the same information the other day too Noir...

SIMid
20th February 2008, 09:52 PM
Awesome! :dance:

Noir
20th February 2008, 09:53 PM
Boys boys boys...this has been on the cards for ages, so let's not make this an 'I already knew about it' thread :rolleyes:

This post is for promotional purposes, so please post your interest or contact Turblue via email

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

New H.O.T Automotive Services website coming soon.....

CNBLU
20th February 2008, 10:21 PM
Are these generic maps like a re-flash or will they be dyno tuned?

What are the performance gains of such a tune?

daaaaavek
20th February 2008, 10:31 PM
I want someone to do a supercharger conversion on my 2.2 :)

Any takers ... ?

OPC
20th February 2008, 11:32 PM
yeah wayne told me about 2 months ago

so i knew first

SIMid
21st February 2008, 08:10 AM
Boys boys boys...this has been on the cards for ages, so let's not make this an 'I already knew about it' thread :rolleyes:

News for me. :rolleyes:

Wraith
21st February 2008, 08:25 AM
Wayne was working on doing all of this well before he left the forum !!!

Awesome it's all come together, congrats to him :clap:

I'll have to drop by his place again some time soon and have a catch up :)

GreyRex
21st February 2008, 09:06 AM
Ok this is REALLY good news!! I'll be emailing:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

SSS_Hoon
21st February 2008, 10:07 AM
damm i thought i shot that damm little bird before it told too many ppl....

Top work wayne congrats......

SSS_Hoon

GreyRex
21st February 2008, 10:35 AM
Got a response from Wayne...

At this point I am in the final stage of signing a sole Dealer agreement with a large Tuning House in Europe. They will supply me with the equipment, files and know-how to tune many cars. One, is the AH.

The deal I am signing, is in the order of $8000, so I am very serious about tuning now. Much more than before. I will be using pro level gear. In your case, programming is via the diag port. Gains will be in the order of 20-25%, depending on other mods you have done. The file is a standard performance tune designed to accommodate a wide range of car conditions and age. It would be the same concept as if you went to another tuning company. They will just whack on a standard file they have.

Cost will be around the $900 mark. I will need to confirm this after the deal is finalised. I will make a formal announcement soon. And perhaps a return to OA........

Keep'emRunning
21st February 2008, 12:42 PM
For $900 I'd want at least a proof of gain dyno chart, and not the usual 'she'll be much quicker now mate' verbal warranty ;)

GreyRex
21st February 2008, 01:23 PM
I just don't think Insurance companies will let me do this. I'm coming up for renewal in a month, and being under 25 with a turbo... i think will make it hard. Don't like the possiblity that a claim by be void because they detect it. Any advice?

PS. I'm over 500 posts!!

xplosv57
21st February 2008, 01:41 PM
I just don't think Insurance companies will let me do this. I'm coming up for renewal in a month, and being under 25 with a turbo... i think will make it hard. Don't like the possiblity that a claim by be void because they detect it. Any advice?

I think you're worrying over nothing, insurance company in an accident won't be able to find a computer tune, they aren't gonna waste time trying to find stuff like that on every car they assess unless there are extreme circumstances!!!!

SIMid
21st February 2008, 04:23 PM
Regarding the tune, will Holden ever revert back to OE tune if you took it in for a service??

Powerchip say that they will retune it if it happens for $100 from memory.

Noir
21st February 2008, 05:55 PM
"They will be a performance tune suited to the car and it's many combinations. Unlike the interceptor you have had fitted on top of my tune Gav. Most of you know, the cars run just fine with a general performance tune. I will not be offering a dynotuned flash. This is way beyond the cost offered, and for the few extra kw, not worth the effort."

"Yes, Holden can overwite the flash. I will offer a free reflash providing you come to me."

"I understand people want dyno charts. We all need proof. For those I have dealt with and wanted to see the difference, I did before and after G-tech charts. Personally, if you believe dynos are the absolute, you are sadly mistaken. But, that is up to you. I would rather you be happy with the car, than be fed shit. I am sure my clients will tell you that I explained as much as I could to them. You need to be fully informed.

As per normal, if you are not happy with the tune at time of purchase, I will remove it and you can walk away. I have nothing to hide. Ask and i will do my best to answer you with proper and correct information"

KID_SRi
21st February 2008, 06:01 PM
I want someone to do a supercharger conversion on my 2.2 :)

Any takers ... ?

How much Money are you prepared to Spend??

Been there Done that & It ain't Cheap ;)

daaaaavek
21st February 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm guessing it's in the 10-12K region

KID_SRi
21st February 2008, 06:27 PM
I wish it had only cost that Much.

I spent by Mid-End 2006

Spare Engine & Gearbox = approx $2000
Race Spec Engine Parts(Crank,Rods,Cams,Lo Comp Pistons,Valves,Etc)= $2500 (Trade Price)
Engine Machine work(Twice) = $3000
MoTec M800 Fly By Wire EMS = $5000
Vortech V5 Supercharger Kit for Chev Cobolt & 2" Wide Pulleys inc. all Engine Pulleys = $4000
Towing (Alot of Towing) = $ 1000
Shit Load of Nurofen Rapids = $10 a Packet
Broken Tools from throwing them @ Walls = around $500

Plus other money I forked out in the Process.
Ended up selling most the Gear to the Engine Builder & the Engine Bottom End went in the car with a Stock Head and the Cams when I sold it.

auzvectra
21st February 2008, 11:42 PM
and to clarify 2 points for people aswell to follow on from noir's quote from wanye.
my astra is still running the generic tune aswell, with bigger turbo and all the bits, they are a very efficient ecu.
as for the generic tunes, i know off 2 very similar setups up here, with 10hp difference between the custom tuned, and a generic with my FMIC kit installed. all other mods are the same or very similar, and the generic is the plus 10hp one.
10hp would be a fair gain for a FMIC, and even if it was 10hp or say 15hp for the hell of it, 5hp extra for a lot more cost, in the g's case 4 times the price.

GreyRex
25th February 2008, 01:22 PM
Just a thought I wanted to ask regarding this; in terms of gains per dollar... with a stock turbo car with only a flash, would it be more beneficial to go for an exhaust or a FMIC? I might do both, but was after people's opinions and what may be best... either/or

Wraith
25th February 2008, 02:16 PM
Just a thought I wanted to ask regarding this; in terms of gains per dollar... with a stock turbo car with only a flash, would it be more beneficial to go for an exhaust or a FMIC? I might do both, but was after people's opinions and what may be best... either/or

Preferable would obviously be both an exhaust and an IC upgrade...

But if you can only have one, I'd do the IC, it's more beneficial to engine safety than an exhaust is, as well as giving a moderate or useful gain in power and in terms of 'gain per dollar' is also ahead of an exhaust upgrade, as a full exhaust upgrade will cost you far more than an IC upgrade...

PaulyJ
25th February 2008, 02:24 PM
For $900 I'd want at least a proof of gain dyno chart, and not the usual 'she'll be much quicker now mate' verbal warranty ;)

When Wayne does something, it is definately a 'no-bullshit' approach.
All this type of information will be provided by Wayne as soon as it becomes available to him.

GreyRex
25th February 2008, 04:02 PM
Preferable would obviously be both an exhaust and an IC upgrade...

But if you can only have one, I'd do the IC, it's more beneficial to engine safety than an exhaust is, as well as giving a moderate or useful gain in power and in terms of 'gain per dollar' is also ahead of an exhaust upgrade, as a full exhaust upgrade will cost you far more than an IC upgrade...

Just considering options. My situation is Insurance won't let me alter engine (intercooler), but exhaust will be ok. I'll work it out... under 25 with a turbo is not easy. Just Cars will let me do anything, but with a $2000 excess:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . Nah ah

Noir
6th March 2008, 09:02 PM
It's here (http://www.redcx7.com/Hot/Announcement.html)

:)

poita
6th March 2008, 09:56 PM
awesome!!!
says mazda na, wonder if he can do my 6 ;)

SIMid
7th March 2008, 08:28 AM
I thought Wayne's operation was in Melb?

As well as the Piasini Engineering Serial Suite, we have also imported the renowned CMD flash tool and software.

After an initial testing and confirmation period, Hold on Tight will be offering tunes for the following cars:

- Mazda MPS 3,

- Mazda MPS 6,

- Mazda CX7,

- Holden AH Turbo Astra,

- Holden HSV VXR.

The service offered will be based out of Melbourne and by appointment. An onsite option may be applicable. The tuning process will be over two sessions. One to read the contents of the ECU, and the second to program the ECU.

Also took a look at http://www.piasiniengineering.it

Unusual stats when stock is 190kw for SRiT.

brand OPEL
model ASTRA
engine type 2.0 TURBO 16V - 190CV
displacement 1998 cm3
original

max.output CV/KW at 5400 min-1 190
(F)max.output CV/KW at 5490 min-1 230
max.torque Nm at 1950 min-1 250
(F)max.torque Nm at 1850 min-1 300
top speed [km/h] 245
(F)top speed [km/h] 258
acceleration 0-100km/h [s] 7,5
(F)acceleration 0-100km/h [s] 6,8
fuel consumption [l/100km] 8,9
(F)fuel consumption [l/100km] 8,5

output increase [cv] 40 price (euro):
torque increase [Nm] 20 590
speed increase [km/h] 13

GreyRex
7th March 2008, 09:09 AM

Hey mate,

Wayne does operate out of Melbourne, I'm not sure where exactly though. As you can see, his main focus are the Mazda's... but the Astras are included as well.

Did you get that information forwarded to you by Wayne? I've been emailing him every couple of days as I am very keen. I think you'll find stock gains will go from 147kW at the engine to about 170ish (so VXR type power). At the wheels i'm not sure. The stats that you see there are in Italian, so I think they need to be converted. More importantly, torque will increase to about 300nm, or just under VXR levels.

One very important thing which he is currently finding out for me is how the flash will work with the Sport button. I asked how it works on the vxronline forum in the UK, and people say the tuners install two maps... one for normal and another one for Sport. Wayne felt that may be more marketing hype than anything, but i'm even i'm unsure. There seems to be differing opinions here on if/how it works. For example, I wouldn't want it to be flashed as standard, then when I press Sport it goes back to the stock Sport map. That would be pointless for me. He hasn't got the answer for me yet in relation to this one, as he's finding out from his supplier.

Apparently he'll be up and running in March, as equipment is currently being received. He's very approachable so I would contact him if you have any queries. I would say he'll let us know on here when he's up and running.

When I find out more i'll let you know too:)

Wraith
7th March 2008, 09:39 AM
It's here (http://www.redcx7.com/Hot/Announcement.html)

:)

Awesome stuff - this is very, very good news for AH Sri t and VXR owners here and of course to anyone with an MPS or CX Mazda - if you live in Melb. bonus :)

Noir
7th March 2008, 09:51 AM

It is, and the service is provided 'out' of Melbourne, as in based in Melborne, not 'outside' of Melbourne. :)

Hope this clarifies it.

New HOT website coming soon....

SSS_Hoon
7th March 2008, 10:00 AM
I tried to go to the website, and keep getting service unavailable?

The tuning one not waynes one.

SSS_Hoon

Noir
7th March 2008, 10:03 AM
Works for me. :confused:

SSS_Hoon
7th March 2008, 10:26 AM
Must be work blocking it then will try later.

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
7th March 2008, 10:46 AM
Must be work blocking it then will try later.

SSS_Hoon

That's probably the cause - it works for me too :)

Oh it's good the site is multi language, otherwise I could help in translating :)

SIMid
7th March 2008, 11:09 PM
One very important thing which he is currently finding out for me is how the flash will work with the Sport button. I asked how it works on the vxronline forum in the UK, and people say the tuners install two maps... one for normal and another one for Sport. Wayne felt that may be more marketing hype than anything, but i'm even i'm unsure. There seems to be differing opinions here on if/how it works. For example, I wouldn't want it to be flashed as standard, then when I press Sport it goes back to the stock Sport map. That would be pointless for me. He hasn't got the answer for me yet in relation to this one, as he's finding out from his supplier.

Apparently he'll be up and running in March, as equipment is currently being received. He's very approachable so I would contact him if you have any queries. I would say he'll let us know on here when he's up and running.

I read about it on the UK forums as well with the "Jeckyll & Hyde" maps. Would be great having the frugal and spastic options with the "Sport" button.

I was going to email Wayne, but I think he doesnt want to keep replying back the same information over and over again to members here. Please let me know regarding the progress! :clap: I gather he realises there are a few owners here waiting to jump onto this. :D

GreyRex
8th March 2008, 12:24 AM
I read about it on the UK forums as well with the "Jeckyll & Hyde" maps. Would be great having the frugal and spastic options with the "Sport" button.

I was going to email Wayne, but I think he doesnt want to keep replying back the same information over and over again to members here. Please let me know regarding the progress! :clap: I gather he realises there are a few owners here waiting to jump onto this. :D

I think it'll be good to express your interest. It'll help him out i'd say. You don't have to ask all the questions if you don't want to. I've probably done all of that lol

Noir
8th March 2008, 12:50 AM

Equipment has been received.

As for the maps, they are the same, just switches throttle profile between Sport and Stock mode.

Shaun
8th March 2008, 08:55 AM
Hey mate,

Ok do you honestly believe its Market Hype with the sports button then you have really got to be kidding your self.

Go and drive your car in a car park hold the accelrator down a little with a constant hold while driving then press the sports mode and see if the car pics up somewhat .

Now as for www.vxronline.co.uk I would be trusting what they tell you as you will find that 3 of the Major Tuners ( TMS , VXRPC & Courtanys) and they are 3 trusted names in the UK

GreyRex
8th March 2008, 10:37 AM
Ok do you honestly believe its Market Hype with the sports button then you have really got to be kidding your self.

Go and drive your car in a car park hold the accelrator down a little with a constant hold while driving then press the sports mode and see if the car pics up somewhat .

Now as for www.vxronline.co.uk I would be trusting what they tell you as you will find that 3 of the Major Tuners ( TMS , VXRPC & Courtanys) and they are 3 trusted names in the UK

Mate settle down a bit. I was simply passing information that was passed on to me, from the tuner himself. I don't claim to be an expert, and never have. My car is completely stock so I simply want to know what im getting myself into, as do others. I know how the Sport button works stock, was just having a discussion about what may/does happen when flashed. The vxronline forum is great

Shaun
8th March 2008, 12:47 PM
Mate settle down a bit. I was simply passing information that was passed on to me, from the tuner himself. I don't claim to be an expert, and never have. My car is completely stock so I simply want to know what im getting myself into, as do others. I know how the Sport button works stock, was just having a discussion about what may/does happen when flashed. The vxronline forum is great

Wasnt having ago at you .. I know the tuner your talking about (Wayne ex opelaus member).

What the sports Button doses it changes the TPS measurement along with MAP settings. As well as IDS Rates in the shocks along with Steering Rates.

R3N
8th March 2008, 04:23 PM

1 CV = 0.73549875 kW
190 CV = 140ish kW

OPC
8th March 2008, 07:32 PM
One very important thing which he is currently finding out for me is how the flash will work with the Sport button. I asked how it works on the vxronline forum in the UK, and people say the tuners install two maps... one for normal and another one for Sport. Wayne felt that may be more marketing hype than anything, :)

well seeing that the guys on vxronline actually live in england where all the top tuners are id say the guys from vxronline are telling the truth and its not a bunch of marketing hype

wouldnt that be common sense ?

GreyRex
11th March 2008, 11:13 AM
Car has been 'read'. I'll be ready to go once i've taken it in to Holden for the few warranty things... hopefully this week:) :)

Oh, and VXR foggies are in. Looks hot. I'll get pics once i'm all done

skulless
16th April 2008, 11:16 PM
my apologies for bringing this up again. but is there a tune for the normal 1.8 here in australia? cant find any info on them

auzvectra
17th April 2008, 05:08 PM
i belive that the module wayne has now can do them, but i'm 100% sure.

skulless
17th April 2008, 05:41 PM
yeah i tot u told me tat during the photoshoot

cos the website only says turbo...i've emailed him but no reply so far...anyone here can actually contact him?

auzvectra
17th April 2008, 07:13 PM
sms sent ;).

auzvectra
17th April 2008, 07:16 PM
no luck with the 1.8L. cant flash them.

skulless
17th April 2008, 09:07 PM
arrr...no....too bad then...probably have to wait a few more years...thanks matt

AH Sri Turb04
17th April 2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.piasiniengineering.it/file/t_tuning.aspx?ID=1184&lang=En

I've just gone back and had a look at the changes of the re-map and knowing that there is an increase in power (especially torque and 0-100km pace) AND reduction of petrol consumption (prima facie) then that is impressive!!

By undertaking the re-map what sort of warranty will be provided regarding the hardware (i.e. ECU) that will be affected?

It is pretty exciting times - a proven product (from Italy)...

One question Noir (** I apology for any ignorance shown towards you re your past experience with qualifications/history of tuning**) but what sort of training will be required of you (i.e. from Piasini) to undertake the modification or are you well experience/qualified to do so now?

Thanks

Noir
17th April 2008, 10:22 PM
I am not the tuner, nor the owner of HOT.

Direct enquiries to Wayne
[email protected] ([email protected])
or
[email protected]

poita
17th April 2008, 10:26 PM
amanda is just the messenger :)
she owns an alfa and is female. wat would she know :p :p (im gonna hurt for this)

sadavidsriturbo
18th April 2008, 12:26 AM
i have been looking so hard for someone who is not a back yarder thank you jesus...........:D:D:D:D:dance::dance::dance:

Apex
18th April 2008, 07:22 AM
Regarding the tune, will Holden ever revert back to OE tune if you took it in for a service??

Powerchip say that they will retune it if it happens for $100 from memory.

They will reset you boost if they read the fuel/boost map. I had my AFM fall off and it put my car into limp mode.. When Holden reset it they reset my map. The tuner saved all my remap details and simply re loaded it.

Just considering options. My situation is Insurance won't let me alter engine (intercooler), but exhaust will be ok. I'll work it out... under 25 with a turbo is not easy. Just Cars will let me do anything, but with a $2000 excess:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . Nah ah

Insurance would never know! What would be the advantage of upgrading your intercooler? The factory one works fine on my car. For that phat front mount look maybe :p

Hey mate,

Wayne does operate out of Melbourne, I'm not sure where exactly though. As you can see, his main focus are the Mazda's... but the Astras are included as well.

Did you get that information forwarded to you by Wayne? I've been emailing him every couple of days as I am very keen. I think you'll find stock gains will go from 147kW at the engine to about 170ish (so VXR type power). At the wheels i'm not sure. The stats that you see there are in Italian, so I think they need to be converted. More importantly, torque will increase to about 300nm, or just under VXR levels.

Has anyone actually chipped/tuned their AH yet? I have had mine done for yonks and it goes great, as said before it’s the best mod you can do!

I wouldn’t worry too much about the Sport mode twin map thing, the extra power is handy I normal mode, I can overtake cars with ease in sixth gear because the max boost kicks in nice and low! Driving everywhere with sport mode on would be annoying.. Hard ride, touchy steering and throttle.

Oh and we are getting the same if not better economy as before the map was uploaded.

AH Sri Turb04
18th April 2008, 08:45 AM
sorry and thanks Noir - ill get in contact with wayne and btw if any other adelaide people are interested we should **Try and get Wayne to Adelaide**

Dave what do you think? We need 5 ppl for him to come down and do tunes...

auzvectra
18th April 2008, 01:39 PM
ah sri turb04, it is quite common to get an increase in fuel economy when tuned, as most cars run very rich in stock form to make them more dosile.

Apex
18th April 2008, 03:09 PM
Im amazed at how rich these cars run! The Dyno shop hadn’t seen anything like it!

GreyRex
18th April 2008, 03:29 PM
Im amazed at how rich these cars run! The Dyno shop hadn’t seen anything like it!

a) Can i be stupid and ask what means??

b) Do flash upgrades etc make the 'richness' better or worse??

sooty
18th April 2008, 03:34 PM
a) Can i be stupid and ask what means??

b) Do flash upgrades etc make the 'richness' better or worse??

I'll be stupid and try and answer by saying a rich air:fuel mixture... as in pumping in too much fuel for correct combustion (i'll delete this post if i'm wrong), the flash should make it better as they will tune it correctly :)

auzvectra
18th April 2008, 04:33 PM
that is 1/2 correct.
they reduce how rich the mixtures are, yet still run sligtly rich as a lean out is very dangerous for the engine.

sooty
18th April 2008, 04:37 PM
that is 1/2 correct.
they reduce how rich the mixtures are, yet still run sligtly rich as a lean out is very dangerous for the engine.

50% is a pass. i'm happy with that :D

sadavidsriturbo
18th April 2008, 04:49 PM
yeah im interested but not for a few weeks when you thinking of getting him down???

sorry and thanks Noir - ill get in contact with wayne and btw if any other adelaide people are interested we should **Try and get Wayne to Adelaide**

Dave what do you think? We need 5 ppl for him to come down and do tunes...

auzvectra
18th April 2008, 05:19 PM
well i would have given you more then 50% ;).

dieselhead
18th April 2008, 05:49 PM
Just curious about H petrol turbo tuning...
What's the 0-100 km/h for a remapped H Sri Turbo @170 kW?
How much faster can a VXR get with a remap?

auzvectra
18th April 2008, 06:02 PM
i have seen about 1/2 sec off the 1/4 on a g turbo.
but it really depends on the car and driver.

Turblue
19th April 2008, 11:13 AM
A reflash can knock 1/2 a second off 0-100kmh.

The Tune I am in the process of developing for the CX7 saw 0-100kmh drop from 8.58 seconds to 7.82 seconds.

Mizled, I seriously look forward to the results.

Fuel economy is oftem better, but of course that depends on what sort of driver you are.

The VXR & AH tune retails from me at $900. I will do group tunes at a discount. That price will be $800. Minimum is 5 cars. AH, VXR don't care what. I will travel interstate for that group.

AH Sri Turb04
19th April 2008, 04:55 PM
Dave (Wayne FYI) - i'll do it when we get 5 people in Adelaide to jump on board!! At the moment, it looks like we've got me and in due course you?

I've had no modifications as yet - but I'd be happy with just re-mapping my ECU and leave it at that...

However, does anyone believe that it will stress the engine too much if i only do a re-map and not all the other basics i.e. cold air, exhaust, intercooler etc?

sadavidsriturbo
19th April 2008, 05:03 PM
i got the cash now probably by the time we find another 3 people if we do i guess it will be fine so count me in... unless we send our ecu's down or were you thinking of driving if we cant round up the other 3 we need???

Dave (Wayne FYI) - i'll do it when we get 5 people in Adelaide to jump on board!! At the moment, it looks like we've got me and in due course you?

I've had no modifications as yet - but I'd be happy with just re-mapping my ECU and leave it at that...

However, does anyone believe that it will stress the engine too much if i only do a re-map and not all the other basics i.e. cold air, exhaust, intercooler etc?

skulless
19th April 2008, 05:26 PM
i would have say yes if my car is the turbo one...too bad its not...would love the extra power

GreyRex
20th April 2008, 03:41 PM
Ok i had the flash done by Wayne this morning on my AH SRi Turbo. All i cay is.... HOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY @#&%!! Even he was surprised when i got him to drive it. Car is stock apart from a KnN filter. I'll put a thread up soon about it

blueraven
20th April 2008, 05:27 PM
horsepower is like heroin ;)

Good luck! :D

sooty
20th April 2008, 05:55 PM
Ok i had the flash done by Wayne this morning on my AH SRi Turbo. All i cay is.... HOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY @#&%!! Even he was surprised when i got him to drive it. Car is stock apart from a KnN filter. I'll put a thread up soon about it

Put the thread up already...I WANT FIGURES!!!
Also want you to take me for a spin lol ;)

Turblue
20th April 2008, 06:06 PM
Yes, even I was pretty shocked..!!!

Metro1288
20th April 2008, 11:06 PM
Any Sydney boys thinking about getting this done?

owhat
26th April 2008, 12:45 AM
Any Sydney boys thinking about getting this done?

IM thinking about it....

are you?

sadavidsriturbo
26th April 2008, 03:11 PM
well so far we have 2 people we need another 3 maybe we can get away with 2 but we need you wayne needs you so come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:boohoo:

Metro1288
27th April 2008, 11:59 AM
IM thinking about it....

are you?

Yes i am pretty interested in getting it done on mine. I guess we just need to find a few others for a group buy. Any other Sydney boys thinking about it?

Shaun
27th April 2008, 08:35 PM

VXR with Milltek and Stage 3 and Intercooler will pull about 225kw@ the flywheel.

OPC
27th April 2008, 09:55 PM

alot faster...

Apex
28th April 2008, 08:13 AM

Not sure 0-100 but mine runs high 14’s consistently with a one off best of 14.7.. so about the same as a stock VXR..tune the VXR though

Good shit! You defiantly have to pay a bit more attention when keeping in a straight line after the remap don’t ya! Is it backfiring a lot more than before?

GreyRex
28th April 2008, 08:27 AM
Not sure 0-100 but mine runs high 14’s consistently with a one off best of 14.7.. so about the same as a stock VXR..tune the VXR though

Good shit! You defiantly have to pay a bit more attention when keeping in a straight line after the remap don’t ya! Is it backfiring a lot more than before?

I wouldn't say a lot more. It definately does pop on the overrun, but it did that before. The turbo spooling up is more noticeable now

SSS_Hoon
28th April 2008, 08:57 AM
mmm gotta love the sound of the overrun back fire its awesome the SSS has been doing it of late and sounds sweet.....

If the flash can get the SRiT to run like a stock VXR then that is a great deal and awesome effort especially for the price that is for sure, and the fuel econ should get a bit better on normal everyday driving too yeah?

SSS_Hoon

GreyRex
28th April 2008, 09:38 AM
mmm gotta love the sound of the overrun back fire its awesome the SSS has been doing it of late and sounds sweet.....

If the flash can get the SRiT to run like a stock VXR then that is a great deal and awesome effort especially for the price that is for sure, and the fuel econ should get a bit better on normal everyday driving too yeah?

SSS_Hoon

I'll let you know. Since i bought the car i have left one of the trip computers, to see my average since new. At around 13,000kms now i've averaged 10.8L. Im going to leave the second trip computer now and see how i go. So far this tank (after the flash), it's at 10.5L

Apex
28th April 2008, 02:25 PM
I'll let you know. Since i bought the car i have left one of the trip computers, to see my average since new. At around 13,000kms now i've averaged 10.8L. Im going to leave the second trip computer now and see how i go. So far this tank (after the flash), it's at 10.5L

:p
You must drive like me! Mine is on 10.4.

Turblue
28th April 2008, 02:45 PM
For those of you in Sydney....

I will be up there between June 1st - 5th. I am more than likely staying in Coogee. If you are interested in meeting me for a tune, please contact me. Remember, that it is a read one day, flash the next. Sorry, but that is the process. So, you need to see me BEFORE the 5th.

Evenings only.

Yes i am pretty interested in getting it done on mine. I guess we just need to find a few others for a group buy. Any other Sydney boys thinking about it?

SSS_Hoon
28th April 2008, 03:51 PM
damm that is fairly high figures i thought they would be around the 8 or 9l mark not the 10.s.

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
29th April 2008, 01:04 AM
For those of you in Sydney....

I will be up there between June 1st - 5th. I am more than likely staying in Coogee. If you are interested in meeting me for a tune, please contact me. Remember, that it is a read one day, flash the next. Sorry, but that is the process. So, you need to see me BEFORE the 5th.

Evenings only.

I would have been interested in catching up for a chat and dinner. But ill be somewhere Between Hong Kong and Shanghai that day.

OPC
29th April 2008, 02:20 PM
I would have been interested in catching up for a chat and dinner. But ill be somewhere Between Hong Kong and Shanghai that day.

you can get mail order brides delivered now shaun... so no need to travel ;)

owhat
30th April 2008, 11:46 PM
you poor guys i started my trip 11000kms ago and im averaging 8.8L. and yes it is correct but i do alot of highway kms

kabel
30th April 2008, 11:49 PM
I am getting that out of my VXR.......city driving .

owhat
30th April 2008, 11:50 PM
wow thats super, if i only did city driving i think it would slide up to mid 9's atleast

kabel
30th April 2008, 11:59 PM
I am pretty defensive though on the freeway.Too many idiots
Couple of spots when I get off the freeway where I give it a little bit
but not too much !
And I have been fairly consistant with those figures for 24k.

owhat
1st May 2008, 03:34 PM
what sort of boost does it run after it is tuned

OPC
1st May 2008, 08:42 PM
what sort of boost does it run after it is tuned

depends what tune you want

owhat
1st May 2008, 08:46 PM
any idea what the boost is for the tune that hes doing on the AH now

OPC
1st May 2008, 08:47 PM
any idea what the boost is for the tune that hes doing on the AH now

nope... it's a secret ;)

auzvectra
1st May 2008, 09:10 PM
ask mizled_sri

GreyRex
1st May 2008, 10:14 PM
I'm yet to have it dynoed after the flash

dieselhead
1st May 2008, 10:27 PM
209 kW and 420 Nm - a VXR after remap. Super! (http://www.rstuning.co.uk/photos/astravxr.JPG)

More info on the Astra Owners Network UK here (http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37321).

phat-dave
4th May 2008, 10:15 AM
so I'm in Brisbane and want some more power.... AH SRi-T

Speak to me :p When and where can we have it remapped please? ;)

blueraven
4th May 2008, 10:17 AM
you should have asked last week when he was up here!

Turblue
4th May 2008, 10:38 AM
I can arrange it.....

Please email me [email protected]

so I'm in Brisbane and want some more power.... AH SRi-T

Speak to me :p When and where can we have it remapped please? ;)