PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined - Saying Hello

Anonymous
2nd July 2004, 08:43 AM
Hi All, just joined and thought i'd say Hi!

I'm from NSW and I drive an Astra SRI 2.2 2003 model.

Anyone have any info about modding and the effect it has on your factory warranty???

Cheers

Woodsta

Degen-Astra
2nd July 2004, 09:28 AM
Gday!! Welcome to our world!

Depends on what mods. Basic rule is (**check with your dealer though**) if the mod is proved to be the cause of a problem...its void.

Such as - exhaust (cat back) would be a very very hard thing to pin as a cause of a problem.

woody
2nd July 2004, 09:43 AM
Thanks Degen... also looking to find a nice front grille, preferably irmischer or reiger. any ideas?

What mods have you made to yours??? (if any)

(BTW posting as myself this time .. forgot to login lasttime!! DOH!!)

Woodsta

Degen-Astra
2nd July 2004, 09:50 AM
Mine is only a month old now. (Just upgraded to an SRi) - The exhaust comes in August, maybe a mild camshaft (Kent or Piper, pretty much settled on Kent Part# EC2002) in September. Plan to do the K&N Panel filter and derestrict the box shortly.

Nick

em
2nd July 2004, 02:13 PM
hi and welcome
:D

em

mr_astra_retired
2nd July 2004, 02:35 PM
hey there woody welcome aboard , maybe go a OPC grill they look the best :wink: and you will have to come on the next sydney cruise ..

RK
2nd July 2004, 02:45 PM
welcome! :twisted:

woody
2nd July 2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah Mr Astra would love to get an OPC grill but i've not been able to find anywhere in Aus to buy one... importing from the UK is currently way expensive.. if you know where i can grab one i'd love to hear it.

Been looking for a decent reason to go for a cruise too... :D
--

Hi Em

mr_astra_retired
2nd July 2004, 02:51 PM
Woody

I got a OPC grill from LMF Vauxhall in the UK off e bay , cost me AU$180 delivered , you can get them here locally but expect to pay twice that amount.

woody
2nd July 2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah I know it's hellish expensive to get them imports.. was looking at almost $400 for the irmscher one. just have to keep looking.

I know TCCA Moptorsport in Artamon NSW are partners for Reiger but so far i've yet to find any stuff from them i actually like.

Such is life.. :(

opel_calibra
2nd July 2004, 03:40 PM
welcome woody.. hope to see you at the next meet!

woody
2nd July 2004, 03:45 PM
Hi opel_calibra, looking forward to it.

Just a quickie while i'm posting - whats the deal withthe opel dollars and the battel stuff???

Woodsta