PDA

View Full Version : Help. Need a decent place for vectra service in melb

Timmy
19th February 2008, 12:34 AM
Desperately need to find a good place to have my 2001 2.6lt vectra serviced in Melbourne. Preferably eastern suburbs. Preferably not a holden dealership.

My lease company forced me to get it serviced at holden dealerships and they've screwed me over on many occasions. Patterson Cheney in Ringwood were by far the worst.

Lease is finished now so I can get it serviced where ever the hell I want. Any recommendations?

I was once told by an RACV guy that I couldn't get repairs done on the vectra at any old mechanic because it has a computerised fault diagnosis system. Does this mean that I have to find somewhere speial to get it serviced too???

InsaneAsylum
19th February 2008, 08:03 AM
RACV are ****ing useless wankers. you can check your own fault codes using a print out off the internet, and either a fault diagnostics tool or a paperclip.

i've been getting my own private mechanic to service my vectra for over 8 years and i've used a paperclip to diagnose any faults (i think i've had 2 faults in 8 years anyway).

it took me 2 services and a 55km "road test" to realise that holden were dodgy as ****.

even if you are still under warranty, your own trusted mechanic can stamp your book with his company stamp and it will not void your warranty, contrary to what holden will tell you.

Timmy
19th February 2008, 10:45 PM
got any recommendations? Really want to find a mechanic who can make it run smoother after a service rather one who'll just do the minimum.

InsaneAsylum
20th February 2008, 08:09 AM
got any recommendations? Really want to find a mechanic who can make it run smoother after a service rather one who'll just do the minimum.

what area are you in?

Timmy
20th February 2008, 09:35 PM
Blackburn

InsaneAsylum
21st February 2008, 08:10 AM
bugger, i'm a westy so i'm not too familiar with your area mate. maybe someone else can help you out.