PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a Holden (sort of) website, however...

tim_
17th February 2008, 08:43 PM
... I think the new Falcon is ****ing HOT! Esp in XR ute variety!

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1178841241534&pagename=FOA%2FDFYPage%2FFullwidth1024&c=DFYPage

GreyRex
17th February 2008, 08:57 PM
Also on www.caradvice.com.au

poita
17th February 2008, 09:15 PM
yuck, dont like

tuzinski
17th February 2008, 09:28 PM
yuck, dont like
+1
reminds of the AU far tooo much

maloo97
17th February 2008, 09:30 PM
+1
reminds of the AU far tooo much

How do you get a au out of that.

Btw +2 on that quite fugly.

tim_
17th February 2008, 10:14 PM
you really think it's ugly? i love it! i love what ford are doing with their headlights

dug74
17th February 2008, 10:18 PM
UGLY

Happy Motoring
DUG74

Geebs
17th February 2008, 10:22 PM
I think they're good for what Falcons are good for. They will make perfect taxis...... :D

VE shits all over it.

maloo97
17th February 2008, 10:32 PM
I think they're good for what Falcons are good for. They will make perfect taxis...... :D

VE shits all over it.

ROFL.

USC
17th February 2008, 10:33 PM
it looks a lot like the new mondeo...

side mirrors look like they were copied from the new civic...head lights from the new camry, door handles from the new commodore, grille still looks old like on the BA,

but overall not a bad looking car but needs to be a bit more original still...

by the way, the old engine is still being used here....and commodore did the same...

USC
17th February 2008, 10:34 PM

VE shits all over it.

what a load of bull...the VE looks like a big korean car...with VERY cheap interior.

Geebs
17th February 2008, 10:47 PM
what a load of bull...the VE looks like a big korean car...with VERY cheap interior.

I never knew opinions could be 'bull'..... :rolleyes:

poita
17th February 2008, 10:51 PM

VE shits all over it.

oh so true
although teh camry is startin to become a popular taxi

Geebs
17th February 2008, 11:01 PM
oh so true
although teh camry is startin to become a popular taxi

Not many Camrys here in Melb. I would say 85% or more are Falcons. There are some Avalons around.

poita
17th February 2008, 11:11 PM
camry avalon, same diff
like magna and verada

tuzinski
17th February 2008, 11:22 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6785/vecalaisv055ep8.jpg

whos copying who?
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6265/image42372brt7.jpg

id take the commodore interior over that piano black of the falcon

USC
17th February 2008, 11:31 PM

VE shits all over it.

i never knew cars could 'shit'...:p

USC
17th February 2008, 11:38 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6785/vecalaisv055ep8.jpg

whos copying who?
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6265/image42372brt7.jpg

id take the commodore interior over that piano black of the falcon

Id take piano black over cheap silver trims that all electronic toys are painted in these days...the leather boot around the gear knob in the falcon looks much nicer, the chrome door handles of the falcon look nicer than the matt silver handles in the commodore, the lcd display in the falcon looks better but i would have to agree that the dials in the commodore are much neater, dont like the greyish cream colour in the commodore, dont like the tiny holes in the leather trim of the door and seats in the commodore...

at the end of the day, each to their own...I think a falcon base model would look much nicer than a commodore VE base model.

and there is a reason why taxis use falcons..cos they are more reliable and fuel efficient.

btm
18th February 2008, 10:00 AM
new falcon looks alright... but much prefer the 'out there' styling of the VE over it

Wraith
18th February 2008, 10:06 AM
From those pics, I don't think much of it - the headlight styling is very nice though, similar to what the new Focus and Modeo have....although I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in the metal.

Agree with Geebs, again from what's visible in those pics IMHO it's no contest compared to the VE ;)

MatsHolden
18th February 2008, 11:41 AM
by the way, the old engine is still being used here....and commodore did the same...

But Holden only brought out the new Alloytec 3.6 V6 a few years ago, so it's not an old engine, only a few years old. The Falcon on the other hand... how long have they been using the 4.0L straight 6? lol

Wraith
18th February 2008, 12:32 PM
But Holden only brought out the new Alloytec 3.6 V6 a few years ago, so it's not an old engine, only a few years old. The Falcon on the other hand... how long have they been using the 4.0L straight 6? lol

Ford were supposed to adopt that new 3.5ltr duratec V6 weren't they ???

USC
18th February 2008, 01:21 PM
Ford were supposed to adopt that new 3.5ltr duratec V6 weren't they ???

V6 is coming in 2009 or 2010. Ford straight 6 has not been around for a few years but the one that went in the BA had DOHC and variable timing which made it a much smoother/more powerful engine than the crappy push rod in the commodores. the new alloytec claims to be better with dohc and variable timing but still rough and less powerful than the ford.

sooty
18th February 2008, 04:36 PM
Typical ford...looks like crap...
I agree with whoever said the AU comment, look at the tail lights...that stupid warped triangle shape. The rest doesn't...but it doesn't look good...:D

maloo97
18th February 2008, 04:42 PM
Not a fan of the rear on the ute either.

USC
18th February 2008, 05:28 PM
there u go....ford vs holden again...

lets close this thread now as its getting mega boring.

maloo97
18th February 2008, 05:46 PM
there u go....ford vs holden again...

lets close this thread now as its getting mega boring.

Grow up. There you go again somebody having a opinion.
You just cant seem to hack it can you. Get a life. ****stick.

Geebs
18th February 2008, 05:50 PM
Grow up. There you go again somebody having a opinion.
You just cant seem to hack it can you. Get a life. ****stick.

+1

xplosv57
18th February 2008, 05:54 PM
I always enjoy when Ford brings out a new Falcon, just makes me love and appreciate how much better the Commodore really is!!!!

Few things i like in the new Falcon:
Short shifter with the 6 speed manual (holden take note)
Turbo variant in the luxury model (about bloody time)
The FPV front isn't too bad

The rest of the car however is pretty damn average and whoever thought of the new model names should get a kick in the head, it didn't work for the Fairlane/G8, don't think it'll work any better now!!!

Styling looks very Mondeo-ish, even down to the XR wheels, not sure if it'll work!! Interior isn't too bad but the exterior styling is a bit crappy in my opinion!!!

Vectracious
18th February 2008, 06:20 PM
http://www.hobbylinc.com/gr/hpi/hpiz159.jpg

Allrighty then - looks like this one has run its course :cool:

For future reference USC, you can't post something about Ford on an Opel board, and then throw a tanty because no one agrees with you. If you wanted people to have a love in with you about how awesome the new falcon is - fordforums is where to go.

Jerry Springers Last words are

the new FG Falcon is FuGly