USC
4th February 2008, 10:13 AM
Which one would go faster?
1. Chrysler 300C (v6)
2. Astra Sri-T

Wraith
4th February 2008, 11:03 AM
Good question....

I'm sure a quick search over the net will reveal some figures :)

edit: Just did a quick search V6 300C 0-100km/h in 9.2sec !!! I think one would definitely prefer the much quicker/faster V8 powered variants - low 5's :)

So Sri t is quicker - not sure about top end speed though...

USC
4th February 2008, 11:13 AM
awesome! cheers :)

the V6 sounds like a heavy car!

blueraven
4th February 2008, 11:30 AM
they are stupid heavy...my camry sportivo is quicker :)

Wraith
4th February 2008, 11:34 AM
Yeh, it is...

The V6 300C weighs 1,782kg and has 183kw and 340nm, so power to weight ain't the best, but would make a great cruiser :)

If you want a bruiser, go for the V8, it weighs in at 1,883kg, but has heaps more power and torque, the SRT version can do 0-100km/h in 5.3sec :D

OPC
4th February 2008, 11:51 AM
If you want a bruiser, go for the V8, it weighs in at 1,883kg, but has heaps more power and torque, the SRT version can do 0-100km/h in 5.3sec :D

oh yeah i can back this up for ya wraith

an auto one was next to me at the lights and he took off like a rocket

very quick off the mark for a big car

Apex
4th February 2008, 12:05 PM
I hate the 300c with a passion, they are everywhere over here, more common that a Calais! :mad: :mad:
Horrible big fat poser mobiles..
SRi-T FTW :)

GreyRex
4th February 2008, 12:25 PM
From what i can see there's four engines available. Times are:

3.5 V6 = 9.2
3.0 V6 Diesel = 8.6
5.7 V8 = 6.7

6.1 V8 (in the SRT8) = 5.7

Those figures are just from Wheels

InsaneAsylum
4th February 2008, 12:28 PM
I hate the 300c with a passion, they are everywhere over here, more common that a Calais! :mad: :mad:

part of me hates the car scene in NZ. it's either driftspec, "bling bling i'm a gangsta", or complete and utter tasteless shit.

i was just over last month and i don't recall that many 300c's

what suburb are you from in auckland?

Wraith
4th February 2008, 12:43 PM
oh yeah i can back this up for ya wraith

an auto one was next to me at the lights and he took off like a rocket

very quick off the mark for a big car

I think it's the way they've designed the suspension on the thing to transfer alot of that big weight onto the rear wheels, squash em down good and proper and deliver excellent traction, mind you, 317kw and 570nm of torque helps :)

Wraith
4th February 2008, 12:47 PM

The 300C is definitely one of those cars you either love or hate...

I'm on the fence with this one, don't like it much, but don't hate it either :)

All reviews I've read state it as being a fantastic value for money vehicle - it was and remains a high volume seller...

Apex
4th February 2008, 01:07 PM
part of me hates the car scene in NZ. it's either driftspec, "bling bling i'm a gangsta", or complete and utter tasteless shit.

i was just over last month and i don't recall that many 300c's

what suburb are you from in auckland?

South Auckland, that might have something to do with it.. I know 5 people with them and they all think they drive a Bentley or something. They certainly don’t like it when I tell them that their car is nothing more than a tupperware recycled early nineties Mercedes with about as much class as a zirconia ring.

In NZ JDM is king and we having the fastest Japanese cars outside of Japan to prove it! An 11 second EVO over here is the equivalent of Australians Fully sick Lancer coupe with 20” chrome and two 15” sub brigade. Kiwi’s were drifting 10 years ago while you Australians were still fitting out CRX’s with white interiors and Cyborg kits so it’s nothing new or uncommon to see a dude driving his drift toy as a daily. One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure. :)

Apex
4th February 2008, 01:13 PM
I would rather Ausi fleet for the record. NZ cars and drivers are shocking in comparison, we have very lenient road rules and an even more lenient compliance system.. Do you guys have compulsory insurance?

Wraith
4th February 2008, 01:14 PM
In NZ you guys get access to Japanese vehicles alot earlier than in Aust. that's true ;)

On the Evo 10 forum I'm a member of, the 1st owner of an Evo 10 was a Kiwi member, having taken delivery even before people in the U.S and HK...

No compulsory insurance here.......yet !!!