PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me out???

sez_18
1st February 2008, 11:01 PM
Hi all,

Im wondering if anyone can help me out?? I have an 06 AH Astra CD that seems to have a problem. It all started on tuesday morning on my way to work. I started that car and it stalled (the car is auto). I then started the car again and seemed to be fine. However as i got 200m down the road the engine light came on. I decided to turn back home, as i was unsure at the time what it meant. I later referred to the manual which said to contact the dealer. I did so, and the car went in to be looked at the following day. The car had a service 3 weeks prior to this all happenening. After having the car all day the service dept rang to tell me that they could not find anything wrong with the car, however would like to do further testing next week. When i went to pick up the car, i asked the guy what he thought was wrong with the car, but he told me that they didnt know at this time!!! I am a little worried and confused :confused: !!! Then as i arrived home that afternoon, i attempted to start the car again and it stalled and the engine light came on. I tried 3 times to start the car and had no luck!! Finally got it to start on 4th try!! Can anyone tell me what they think is wrong??? I am very confused!!!

tuzinski
1st February 2008, 11:14 PM
air bubble in fuel line.
bad petrol or incorrect fuel

cars just a lemon maybe....

noobie
1st February 2008, 11:32 PM
Honestly I have no idea.

Take it back to the dealer and refuse to take it back until they guarantee that it is sorted under warranty.

OPC
1st February 2008, 11:51 PM
yeah there is something wrong with the svetzer valve

this will explain it all... just see freddy

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=iGUZGsBB7Q4&feature=related

DirtyHarry
2nd February 2008, 11:45 AM
could be your imobiliser module maybe? or the transponder in the key?
youd think they would be able to read some error code after it happend to you a few times.
maybe crank angle sensor?

sez_18
2nd February 2008, 12:35 PM
yeah you would think so!!! after the first service, they said there was some script there but nothing that could help tell them the problem!!! you wouldn't believe but just happened again this morning!! it stalled and the light came on!! hopefully on tuesday there should be something for them after stalling so many times!!!

SKM_87
2nd February 2008, 12:38 PM
take it to them, ask for a curtosy car and dont go back till its fixed.

USC
2nd February 2008, 02:54 PM
u have a lime...not a lemon quite....

xplosv57
2nd February 2008, 06:28 PM
could be your imobiliser module maybe? or the transponder in the key?

Agree with the transponder key issue, i know when the battery is low, the car struggles to start or doesn't start at all (especially in the heat), then the dealer gets it, does some tests when it's cold and runs perfectly!!! Doesn't log a fault either, so they wouldn't pick it up with a diagnostic check!!

Either way, as said by a few above, get it back to the dealer, once they see a car come back for a repeat job, they have to go out of their way to help because it looks bad on the dealer!!

Wraith
3rd February 2008, 04:22 PM
take it to them, ask for a curtosy car and dont go back till its fixed.

+1

No point you getting too much of a headache over it.....I'd do the above and insist on it...with what's happening to your car, you have every right to ! ;)