PDA

View Full Version : HRT's New Livery

MatsHolden
30th January 2008, 07:02 PM
HRT unveiled their new livery today. Predominantly white, it looks quite good with the new sponsorship from Toll. The helmet/lion no longer features in the livery even though that still remains their logo. Look forward to getting track side to see it.
http://www.hrt.com.au/racing/2008/news/images/newEra_full.jpg

maloo97
30th January 2008, 07:39 PM
Saw it on the news tonight, I Love the white factor.

MatsHolden
30th January 2008, 07:55 PM
Saw it on the news tonight, I Love the white factor.

Yeh, don't mind the white, brings back memories of the original HRT livery.

maloo97
30th January 2008, 08:03 PM
Very True, Bring back the blue too :D

lampshade
30th January 2008, 08:18 PM
Is that an actual car, or a CGI mock up of what it will look like?

Looks HOT anyway:eek:

SKM_87
30th January 2008, 08:35 PM
i actually dont like it. anyone else seen the pwr car, now that looks good

MatsHolden
30th January 2008, 08:38 PM
Is that an actual car, or a CGI mock up of what it will look like?

Looks HOT anyway:eek:

That's the actual car.

MatsHolden
30th January 2008, 08:50 PM
i actually dont like it. anyone else seen the pwr car, now that looks good
Yeh looks good. Don't think it's any better though. Don't know how they'll go considering they weren't planning on racing this year and having to rush a car together for the first round. Just noticed there's no number on the side. Not a lot of room for one there, will be interesting to see what they do.

DirtyHarry
30th January 2008, 09:42 PM
how about replacing it with a gtr and whipping everyones ass once more.

MK
30th January 2008, 10:30 PM
Yeh looks good. Don't think it's any better though. Don't know how they'll go considering they weren't planning on racing this year and having to rush a car together for the first round. Just noticed there's no number on the side. Not a lot of room for one there, will be interesting to see what they do.

most likely the TOLL wording on the front door will be moved lower (closer to the grey "swoosh") and the V8Supercars logo will be made smaller. This should be enough to accomodate a side number :)

is that true, HRT or Toll were not going to race this season?

MK
30th January 2008, 10:32 PM

LOL, yeah that would be "controversial" but to be honest i am behind another car manufacturer entry into the V8Supercars series...lets see if Toyota or Mitsubishi can pull it off? ;)

immenotu
30th January 2008, 10:36 PM
Doesn't look too bad although cant really call them team red anymore. Im really not a fan of the spoked wheels tho, bring back the chunky 5 spokes!

...is that true, HRT or Toll were not going to race this season?
I think he meant PWR werent going to race, not HRT :)

poita
30th January 2008, 10:38 PM
toyota where rumoured to a coupla yrs back
but the quad cam V8 is a bit advance for this series lol

Wraith
31st January 2008, 08:49 AM

Agree looks good, but not any better !!!

White and orange mmmm, I prefer the previous red...

So are the Toll HSV cars changing too, or are they all under the HRT banner now ???

Wraith
31st January 2008, 08:53 AM

Now that would be interesting and I'll bet Skaife's even thought about it, bring back some winning memmories with that R32 of his :D

BUT it's a n/a V8 RWD category - I don't think any other type/configuration will ever be able to join in the competition again....

btm
31st January 2008, 08:59 AM
That's the actual car.

it doesnt look real, especially the insides of the car...

Huhness
31st January 2008, 09:53 AM
They are sponsored by Atari hahahaha yea! :cool:

MatsHolden
31st January 2008, 10:56 AM
I think he meant PWR werent going to race, not HRT :)

Yep, was referring to PWR.

MatsHolden
31st January 2008, 11:06 AM
Agree looks good, but not any better !!!

White and orange mmmm, I prefer the previous red...

So are the Toll HSV cars changing too, or are they all under the HRT banner now ???

It's actually still 'day glo' red like they had last year believe it or not. Photos play funny things with that colour!

Toll HSV is no longer, as Toll followed Tander accross to HRT. HSV Dealer Team will now be mainly sponsored by HSV and Walkinshaw Performance and there's been something mentioned about Optus.

So all in all it's basically no different to last year, just different sponsors and different drivers. 2 seperate teams, which are essentially one.

MatsHolden
31st January 2008, 11:08 AM
it doesnt look real, especially the insides of the car...

lol it's real, just the background isn't. That's been photoshopped in. Just noticed the big number on the rear window, maybe the rules have changed in regards to number location.

http://www.hrt.com.au/racing/2008/multimedia/content/Wallpapers/2008/skaife01_1024.jpg

Wraith
31st January 2008, 12:05 PM
Damn, still looks so orange, ratherthan red in that pic too.....

maloo97
31st January 2008, 12:07 PM
Damn, still looks so orange, ratherthan red in that pic too.....

True to that, Bring back the blue :p

Wraith
31st January 2008, 12:07 PM
It's actually still 'day glo' red like they had last year believe it or not. Photos play funny things with that colour!

Toll HSV is no longer, as Toll followed Tander accross to HRT. HSV Dealer Team will now be mainly sponsored by HSV and Walkinshaw Performance and there's been something mentioned about Optus.

So all in all it's basically no different to last year, just different sponsors and different drivers. 2 seperate teams, which are essentially one.

I see :)

I believe the KMart Auto team were also actually under the same umbrella - so a few Holden teams which are actually one, only spread out in different names.

btm
31st January 2008, 12:15 PM
rear wing looks funny and not to scale... maybe just the angles

Wraith
31st January 2008, 12:32 PM
rear wing looks funny and not to scale... maybe just the angles

For some reason, can't put my finger on it, that pic does look fake :confused:

The rear wing does also look like it's been tacked on, for that matter, Skaife looks like he's been superimposed in there as well ?? - he looks younger in that pic :D

btm
31st January 2008, 01:04 PM
For some reason, can't put my finger on it, that pic does look fake :confused:

The rear wing does also look like it's been tacked on, for that matter, Skaife looks like he's been superimposed in there as well ?? - he looks younger in that pic :D

even the front wheel looks dodgy... why is it all white and cannot see through darkness behind the spokes like the back one?

blueraven
31st January 2008, 01:10 PM
sheesh i have done better chops drunk, with both hands behind my back, surrounded by naked women.

i hope they didnt pay someone money to do that.

Wraith
31st January 2008, 01:13 PM
sheesh i have done better chops drunk, with both hands behind my back, surrounded by naked women.

i hope they didnt pay someone money to do that.

Ahah ! so it is fake....our resident graphics expert has spoken :)

btm
31st January 2008, 01:37 PM
i knew it! looks dodgy as

MatsHolden
31st January 2008, 10:29 PM
lol Yes the background is fake like i said photoshopped in. But those photos were actually taken at the launch, just the environment the photoshopped in is out of perspective relative to the car. You can see the reflection of the HRT signage in the rear window of the car there that was up around the cars.

SKM_87
1st February 2008, 12:03 AM
kelly is running opes prime (i think or something similar sounding) as main sponsor ship with hsv minor. and dumbrell has brought autobarn sponsorship with him, so ive been told anyway.

oh and pwr are running walkinshaw assistance this season. and with thompson in the car they should be fast

and they really should of done a better job with the pics

MatsHolden
1st February 2008, 12:19 AM
kelly is running opes prime (i think or something similar sounding) as main sponsor ship with hsv minor. and dumbrell has brought autobarn sponsorship with him, so ive been told anyway.

oh and pwr are running walkinshaw assistance this season. and with thompson in the car they should be fast

and they really should of done a better job with the pics

Yeh I heard Optus for Kelly so that would be it maybe. But also read something about Opus Prime... And yeh now you mention Dumbrell with Autobarn I remember reading that somewhere a few weeks ago.

Shaun
1st February 2008, 08:07 AM
Raises the question now.. who is sponsoring the Toll HSVDT this year ?

MatsHolden
1st February 2008, 11:01 AM
Raises the question now.. who is sponsoring the Toll HSVDT this year ?

As said above... Optus or Opus Prime (or similar) for Kelly and Autobarn for Dumbrell. Toll HSVDT is now just HSVDT.

SKM_87
2nd February 2008, 09:58 PM
^^^ yep, all toll went with tander, along with the most important people too. trying to make hrt the main team again after 2 yrs of ass kicking

MatsHolden
3rd February 2008, 12:26 AM
HSV Dealer Teams livery for Rick Kelly's car. Opes Prime is the main sponsor. Toll still features, but it's not a naming right sponsor any more.
http://www.hsvdt.com.au/hsvdt/2008/news/images/launch_full.jpg

Wraith
3rd February 2008, 04:18 PM
aaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh :drool: :drool:

Damn that's a great looking V8 supercar above LOVE IT !!! :)

btm
4th February 2008, 12:31 PM
'NO FEAR'

havent seen them around for ages!

tim_
6th February 2008, 06:46 PM
LOL, yeah that would be "controversial" but to be honest i am behind another car manufacturer entry into the V8Supercars series...lets see if Toyota or Mitsubishi can pull it off? ;)

imagine a camry out there, driving at 10km/h with a nice crocheted rug over the back seat...

btm
7th February 2008, 11:10 AM
imagine a camry out there, driving at 10km/h with a nice crocheted rug over the back seat...

and don't forget the full brimmed sun hat and a box of tissues on the back parcel shelf :D

Tfer
7th February 2008, 12:09 PM
HSV Dealer Teams livery for Rick Kelly's car. Opes Prime is the main sponsor. Toll still features, but it's not a naming right sponsor any more.
http://www.hsvdt.com.au/hsvdt/2008/news/images/launch_full.jpg

Now this looks much better than HRT's half baked attempt at a colour scheme.... so bland compared to this one...

MatsHolden
7th February 2008, 12:13 PM
Also another reason for going away from predominantly red would be because of Vodafone (888 Racing). Their cars are all red, almost the exact same day glo red.

tim_
8th February 2008, 10:50 AM
kelly is running opes prime (i think or something similar sounding)

http://www.pjlighthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/optimus-prime-pjlighthouse-autobot-transformer.jpg ??

MatsHolden
8th February 2008, 10:56 AM
http://www.pjlighthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/optimus-prime-pjlighthouse-autobot-transformer.jpg ??

lol No OPES prime. Not Optimus.

tim_
8th February 2008, 11:09 AM
well thats not as fun! thought halfway through races the car would transform and take all the others out!

SKM_87
9th February 2008, 08:49 PM
well thats not as fun! thought halfway through races the car would transform and take all the others out!
now that would be entertaining.

also the scar cars look shit and the 2nd sbr car look poor