PDA

View Full Version : Look what was parked outside my place tonight..A new GTR

gman
29th January 2008, 11:54 PM
this was outside my apartment tonight when I came home....I WANT ONE!!! :D

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t262/aussiegman/IMG00115.jpg

btm
30th January 2008, 09:10 AM
silver just doesnt do it justice imo... red all the way!

oneightoo
30th January 2008, 09:46 AM
Ange will be jealous

Wraith
30th January 2008, 09:51 AM
As per my reply in the other thread - I'm comming over your place.........:D

That would be an 'ultimate metal silver' example, what a stroke of luck having one there and then in front of your place :eek: there are only a few in the country, wish it was in front of my place, I'd tow it into my garage :D

I like that silver alot, but agree with BTM, the vibrant red is the colour to have :)

So Gman does it have a far greater visual/physical impact in the flesh compared to pics ?? that's what most people who see the car have stated :)

Damn I WANT ONE TOO, ever soooo badly, what a machine :drool:

Wraith
30th January 2008, 09:55 AM
Ange will be jealous

Yes I am, very jealous :o

On the bright side though, if it were parked in front of my place, I'd probably be in jail for harrassment and attempted theft and leaving drool all over it :o :D

btm
30th January 2008, 09:59 AM
On the bright side though, if it were parked in front of my place, I'd probably be in jail for harrassment and attempted theft and leaving drool all over it :o :D
probably for indecent exposure in a public place too :D

Wraith
30th January 2008, 10:03 AM
probably for indecent exposure in a public place too :D

Ok I'll admit it......yes your right :o :o hahahaha :D

Apex
30th January 2008, 10:04 AM
Nice, there are few over here in NZ. Autocar magazine just tested a one in Red and I have to agree it is the dogs bollocks.

Wraith
30th January 2008, 10:40 AM
Nice, there are few over here in NZ. Autocar magazine just tested a one in Red and I have to agree it is the dogs bollocks.

Quite a few of us agree the red is the bees knees colour for this car :)

But believe it or not, the top selling colour so far for the new GT-R is the white....

Apex
30th January 2008, 10:50 AM
The Japanese are sheep when it comes to choosing colours, I have noticed with JDM imports that 75% of a model (eg: Nissan Primera) are the same colour. You won’t often see a red car because AFAIK red is considered unlucky in their culture.

Wraith
30th January 2008, 11:14 AM
The Japanese are sheep when it comes to choosing colours, I have noticed with JDM imports that 75% of a model (eg: Nissan Primera) are the same colour. You won’t often see a red car because AFAIK red is considered unlucky in their culture.

Ah, so that's what it is :)

But also I've read alot of journos who've seen the car in real life, think it looks amazing in the white.

In Europe white seems to be the new car flavour ATM, so it won't be surprising if alot of orders from that part of the World are also for the white :)

Hopefully by the time the car arrives here next year, demand would've cooled off a bit and the wait and price will therefore not be as heavy handed as what it is ATM....

USC
30th January 2008, 11:41 AM
black GTR all the way :) hmm...tasty!! Red is also very niche!!

btm
30th January 2008, 11:45 AM
You won’t often see a red car because AFAIK red is considered unlucky in their culture.
In Japan, black is a mysterious color, speaking of night, the unknown, even non-existence. It is a solemn, sometimes unlucky color.

Red represents life and vitality. It can indicate unexpected beauty, but is also recognized as unstable, capable of swinging to areas of vulgarity or excess. Some Japanese believe that red can ward off evil.

White is the color of the gods. It is sacred and can represent purity; death and rebirth. It is used at weddings and funerals. White is also the color of mourning.

USC
30th January 2008, 11:54 AM
If I was japanese, I`d prob go red then:p

Apex
30th January 2008, 11:57 AM
That’s puts my theory out the window… I wonder why they don’t have many red cars then?

btm
30th January 2008, 11:59 AM
If I was japanese, I`d prob go red then:p

red definitley because as much as black is often considered unlucky, its not when it is paired with red. This color combination represents sexuality :D

red car on black wheels and rims ;) sexual :p

Snotty
30th January 2008, 12:11 PM
what a stroke of luck having one there and then in front of your place :eek: there are only a few in the country, :

you do realise that hes not in australia yeh?

gman
31st January 2008, 12:48 AM
The nissan dealer here in HongKong has a red and black one in the window..red is v.nce, but the silver and black are amazing....

Wraith
31st January 2008, 08:42 AM
you do realise that hes not in australia yeh?

Actually I didn't :o silly me.....

Wraith
31st January 2008, 08:44 AM
The nissan dealer here in HongKong has a red and black one in the window..red is v.nce, but the silver and black are amazing....

Have you seen a white one Gman ?? and if so which of the colours looks the best to you ?? :)

gman
31st January 2008, 12:12 PM
Not yet....

only red, black & silver....But they are all NICE!!!!!

maloo97
31st January 2008, 12:14 PM
More pics plz :D

Wraith
31st January 2008, 12:41 PM
Not yet....

only red, black & silver....But they are all NICE!!!!!

Good to hear :)

Wraith
31st January 2008, 12:41 PM
More pics plz :D

+1

Yes, if you can keep the pics rolling in :)

Wraith
31st January 2008, 01:10 PM
Gman, maybe the car you spotted was one of these....

http://www.nissangtrclub.com/showthread.php?t=461

From the Nissan GT-R forum - a bunch GT-R's delivered to Hong Kong :)

gman
31st January 2008, 06:15 PM
I'll have to wait till i get home to watch (streaming media block here at work!!! argh...)

but sounds like it might be the ones....

As for pics, when ever I see a nice car I try to take a photo...

I have some some where of a Bugatti Veryon, Aston Martin DBRS 9 race special (had the vented bonnet and HUGE carbon rear wing) another DB9 with TOP GEAR number plates, Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari Enzo, F430 Scuderia and a sexy as Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera....

They love their cars over here and there is plenty of money floating around..

Wraith
31st January 2008, 08:58 PM
What you've described above with all those exotics sounds like a recurring wet dream of mine......aarrrrrgggghhhh :drool:

All those exotics in the one relatively small city :eek: plenty of money and people who love cars over there sounds about right :) good on them :)

btm
1st February 2008, 09:05 AM
i can see your mind ticking away wraith and planning your next holiday to be HK already :D

Wraith
1st February 2008, 09:39 AM
i can see your mind ticking away wraith and planning your next holiday to be HK already :D

No need, I'll be going to the GT-R's homeland - Japan - later this year :)

Works out perfect as it was a planned holiday anyways and I can get up close and personal with some GT-R's while I'm there :)