PDA

View Full Version : "Barina decision looms"

stevedee3
22nd January 2008, 10:37 PM
Sounds like the Opel Corsa may return... (see pages 5 and 6):
http://202.45.102.70/mellor/enews.nsf/edition/81AD27148E41A832CA2573D700226115/$file/GoAutoNews_417.pdf

NXA-16H
22nd January 2008, 10:59 PM
http://202.45.102.70/mellor/enews.nsf/edition/81AD27148E41A832CA2573D700226115/$file/GoAutoNews_417.pdf

Kinda doubt it.

Despite the media rubbishing the current model, It's apparently outsold the XC model already. Can't tell you where or when I read the article.

As for the Viva, and the Epica too for that matter, they can piss both off.

NXK-43Y

MatsHolden
22nd January 2008, 11:00 PM
No 2 door Coupe variant of VE for now! Spewing. I like the sound of Holden's new CEO Mark Reuss, a real car man apparently, got his racing license and all that.

poita
22nd January 2008, 11:01 PM
an interesting read that, thx for puttin it up :)

i can here wraith crying from here about page 7!

Calibrated
22nd January 2008, 11:15 PM
Please ...Holden...For the love of god..BRING THE CORSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the OPC!!!

Shaun
22nd January 2008, 11:59 PM
Its romoured HSV are looking to the Corsa VXR. Maybe the Daewoo sourced Barina will stay and the Corsa name will be added to the Holden range under the corsa name.

Calibrated
23rd January 2008, 01:26 AM
Its romoured HSV are looking to the Corsa VXR. Maybe the Daewoo sourced Barina will stay and the Corsa name will be added to the Holden range under the corsa name.
That would be the ideal scenario..

Holden have now ****ed the barina image (not that it was ever great to start with) but whatever the SB and XC improved, got kicked in the balls with the daewoo shit.

So, CORSA as its own image, like it should be.. with the OPC under HSV

c'mon holden, its not that hard...

take the germans back...they have cookies...

Red AH SRI T
23rd January 2008, 09:12 AM
this is old news and Go Auto are just using this story as a filler.

Its been known for a long time that the replacement for the Current Opel Corsa and GMDAT small car range would share the same platform.

I'm glad to hear that Australia will get the Euro styled version however :D

rjastra
23rd January 2008, 09:57 AM
Considering how young the current euro Corsa is I am surprised they are rehashing it so early. Probably because its based on the Fiat PUnto chassis.

Then whole "V8" are dead line to the rest of the articles is interesting. Can't say I am displeased that there will be no new Monaro. The Camaro looks a better bet in the long run (smaller than the Commodore).

USC
23rd January 2008, 11:14 AM
It would be too expensive for HSV to bring the corsa VXR as they need to keep spares etc. The only reason why HSV could afford to bring the astra VXR is because it shares a LOT of parts with the normal astras. I seriously doubt corsa VXR would come here if Holden does not source the german barina/corsa.

Wraith
23rd January 2008, 11:46 AM
i can here wraith crying from here about page 7!

Your right :( :( :(

No VE Coupe in sight....

Hopefully that'll change in the future, or even better, they do a decent Torana rebirth - I'd prefer that anyways :)

And make sure you fit it with a V8 you GMH bastards :mad:

P.S. I do also like the Camaro Coupe, its gotta be one of the toughest looking cars ever :D

Shaun
23rd January 2008, 07:04 PM
It would be too expensive for HSV to bring the corsa VXR as they need to keep spares etc. The only reason why HSV could afford to bring the astra VXR is because it shares a LOT of parts with the normal astras. I seriously doubt corsa VXR would come here if Holden does not source the german barina/corsa.

My sources are very reliable and HSV Are looking into the Corsa VXR at this stage. Carrying parts wont be an issue from what ive been told either.

MitchSRi
25th January 2008, 12:19 AM
I think what Holden need to do is this.

Look at Ford.

Mondeo, Fiesta, Focus.

All are / at one stage were European. To the consumer they don't care where they are built, they know they are Euro, and expect that will bring quality and reliabilty.

Then you have the crap lineup from Holden.

Fiesta vs Barina/Viva
Focus vs Astra
Mondeo vs Epica

Out of those 3 areas, only the Astra can run face to face against the Focus, the other 2, forget it.

Holden needs to decide. Cheap asian crap, or slightly more expensive euro quality.

Honestly I think the Viva/Epica/Barina need to disappear.

In their place bring in the Holden Corsa, Holden Vectra, and the Holden Astra Sedan.

The market seems to be swinging more towards euro and "euro styled" cars, so I really think Holden should wise up, and get some quality in their models.

aussie_in_london
25th January 2008, 12:38 AM
no use bringing on the vectra, its on it last legs and running down this year for the insignia to come on board later in the year

Shaun
25th January 2008, 01:42 AM
no use bringing on the vectra, its on it last legs and running down this year for the insignia to come on board later in the year

People here keep living in the past......

rjastra
25th January 2008, 10:45 AM
People here keep living in the past......

I think its you actually :)

Ford aren't setting any sales records with these "superior" euro offerings. Or hadn't you noticed ;)

Shaun
25th January 2008, 05:43 PM
I think its you actually :)

Ford aren't setting any sales records with these "superior" euro offerings. Or hadn't you noticed ;)

Where did i say they are setting Superior sales records?

People here keep saying " Bring back the vectra " when its a well known fact Opel have said the Vectra is on its last legs of its life .

Calibrated
25th January 2008, 05:47 PM

But they are superior cars.;)

for that matter, are ANY manufacturers setting record sales???

Red AH SRI T
25th January 2008, 06:18 PM
Saab Australia sales were up 16% in 2007.

Although 16% of nothing is still nothing

MatsHolden
25th January 2008, 06:19 PM

Didn't they sell the most cars ever in Australia last year?

Shaun
25th January 2008, 06:20 PM
Saab Australia sales were up 16% in 2007.

Although 16% of nothing is still nothing

For a Luxury Brand thats a good increase.

MatsHolden
25th January 2008, 06:26 PM
Rolls Royce went up 42%.

Red AH SRI T
25th January 2008, 06:30 PM
For a Luxury Brand thats a good increase.

16% of nothing is still nothing

Calibrated
25th January 2008, 06:53 PM
Rolls Royce went up 42%.
they sold 1 or 2 more than normal? which takes the tally to 3...:p

MatsHolden
25th January 2008, 07:36 PM
they sold 1 or 2 more than normal? which takes the tally to 3...:p
Exactly. :D

stevedee3
25th January 2008, 08:26 PM
People here keep saying " Bring back the vectra " when its a well known fact Opel have said the Vectra is on its last legs of its life .The Vectra name is gone but the Insignia will take its place.

aussie_in_london
25th January 2008, 09:48 PM
The Vectra name is gone but the Insignia will take its place.

not just the name, totally new car from the ground up in the Opel/Vauxhall range, it will be larger than the outgoing vectra also. Its target is the Audi A4 with next years release of the Insignia VXR/OPC being pitted against the S4.

stevedee3
25th January 2008, 09:54 PM
It's a pity that it won't come here... :(

An interesting advertisement for its lighting systems:
http://www.gmeurope.info/social_media_newsroom/archives/306-New-Generation-Lighting-Adapts-to-Visibility-and-Road-Conditions.html

MitchSRi
25th January 2008, 11:31 PM
Didnt realise the Veccy was end of life.

and me? Living in the past ?

Never!!!

*puts on his 8 track*

dug74
25th January 2008, 11:57 PM

Mazda set records last year....

Mazda 2 and 3 sales....not to mention the CX-7.

And none of them are EURO.....

In Australia...its about price and features....so yeah...i personally hate the daewoo offerings by Holden...but they sell and make money...isnt that what a business is suppose to do??

As for Corsa...its a must...with other *warm* hatches on the market like XR4, Polo GTI, Ralliart Colt, Pug207 and 182CUP and soon...Mazda MPS2.

Happy Motoring
duglet