PDA

View Full Version : guttered. ]=

tuzinski
10th January 2008, 07:53 PM
gahh

guttered 2 of my rims, one is bad and one is ok bad,

so my question, where can i fix em?
can i even fix shadow chrome ones?

in sydney if anyone know a good place at a good price. :)

pics (dont cry)...
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2798/10012008223ot4.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5137/10012008224tc5.jpg

EL BURITO
10th January 2008, 07:58 PM
yes but it is really expensive

as in I was told "buy 2 new rims" as being a cheaper option

EL BURITO
10th January 2008, 08:00 PM
your a P plater, just leave em be, this prob wont be the last time

sooty
10th January 2008, 08:03 PM
oi...i'm a p-plater and never guttered any of my wheels...on any car i've driven lol
Shattered bout your wheels...hope you can get em fixed for a reasonable price. How'd you do it? just bad judgement? And how long you had em like...3 weeks?:(

EL BURITO
10th January 2008, 08:10 PM
oi...i'm a p-plater and never guttered any of my wheels.
don't lie it may of not been your fault but it happed

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd42/diesel110_photo/06112007116.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd42/diesel110_photo/06112007115.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd42/diesel110_photo/06112007114.jpg

sooty
10th January 2008, 08:12 PM
lol...that's not guttering it....that's being run off the road by someone who shouldn't be licenced...

EL BURITO
10th January 2008, 08:15 PM
lol...that's not guttering it....that's being run off the road by someone who shouldn't be licenced...
you still hit a gutter just at speed

Wraith
10th January 2008, 08:22 PM
Ouch that's a painful sight for my eyes - those are beautiful rims :(

I've been driving cars for nearly 25 years......I've never guttered any wheels in all of that time !!!

I don't mean to sound like a hero, but you younger people these days have got it easier with remote adjustable rear view side mirrors and nice bright rear view lighting for night time, on most cars these days, USE THEM WHEN PARKING, not just for left hand blind spots, it only takes a few seconds to adjust either way !

If you parking on the drivers side, that's even easier...

I suppose I've always been very mindful of this sort of thing and always take a good look at kerbs and road sides whenever approaching them...

tuzinski
10th January 2008, 08:24 PM
oi...i'm a p-plater and never guttered any of my wheels...on any car i've driven lol
Shattered bout your wheels...hope you can get em fixed for a reasonable price. How'd you do it? just bad judgement? And how long you had em like...3 weeks?:(
yea like 3 weeks
happened at my work underground carpark as i hate parking outside and this damn ute parked abit into the last spot (i could still fit as the spots are disabled size spots) but my turn out was far to wide and scraped them on the gutter

this was my 1st time guttering rims, trust me you will have a first time, it maybe tomorrow it maybe in 1 year, your destiny will do it to you :D

el, your rims was structurally damaged, i could fix that with a rubber hammer and some time. ;)

I don't mean to sound like a hero, but you younger people these days have got it easier with remote adjustable rear view side mirrors and nice bright rear view lighting for night time, on most cars these days, USE THEM WHEN PARKING, not just for left hand blind spots, it only takes a few seconds to adjust either way !
i do use my mirrors when i do reverse parallel [=

sooty
10th January 2008, 08:25 PM
Entirely not my fault, and completely different to his problem. Not guttering by definition...just cos a gutter was involved doesn't mean jack.

And "you young people these day"....that's not cool stereotyping...as i've said...i've never guttered my car at all. It's not that hard to judge width.

Wraith
10th January 2008, 08:32 PM
i do use my mirrors when i do reverse parallel [=

So how did it happen ??

tuzinski
10th January 2008, 08:34 PM
So how did it happen ??

yea like 3 weeks
happened at my work underground carpark as i hate parking outside and this damn ute parked abit into the last spot (i could still fit as the spots are disabled size spots) but my turn out was far to wide and scraped them on the gutter

Wraith
10th January 2008, 08:37 PM
And "you young people these day"....that's not cool stereotyping...as i've said...i've never guttered my car at all. It's not that hard to judge width.

D110, I wasn't reffering to you, I read your post and agree yours is a different case of bad luck which could happen to anybody !!!

I'm referring to all this kind of wheel damage (and being involved with wheels as much as I am I see it alot and nearly all of it from young P plate drivers) from just being too lazy or careless, WHEN PARKING their car ;)

Wraith
10th January 2008, 08:40 PM
yea like 3 weeks
[=

I see, sorry missed that part trying to rush read everything else....appologies :)

sooty
10th January 2008, 08:45 PM
I'm referring to all this kind of wheel damage (and being involved with wheels as much as I am I see it alot and nearly all of it from young P plate drivers) from just being too lazy or careless, WHEN PARKING their car ;)

Ahaha...there's just a lot of people who can't drive in general. I'm sure a lot of older people gutter rash too, but they don't care about the cosmetics so never get it fixed, that's why you would see more of the younger p-plate scenarios.
But yes...in general....SOOOO MANY people can't park

mr corsa
10th January 2008, 08:49 PM
So how did it happen ??

the gutter jumped out in front of him :clap:

Wraith
10th January 2008, 09:08 PM
Ahaha...there's just a lot of people who can't drive in general. I'm sure a lot of older people gutter rash too, but they don't care about the cosmetics so never get it fixed, that's why you would see more of the younger p-plate scenarios.

I see all of this at my good mates wheel and tyre outlet business - obviously I hang out there alot, that's where I get most of my wheels from - anyways on a weekly basis he'll get up to 1 dozen cases of guttered wheel business (either repair or replace) and I've yet to see or be told of one case from an elderly person, just the typical youngie, so maybe your right and the oldies just wear their scars :D

tuzinski
10th January 2008, 09:13 PM
cant agree with you more!

parallel parking people are the worst that parkand leave a BIG gap behind thme but still no car can fit and have a big gap in front of them so no other car can fit

so you understand a pic:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7070/paraparkwa7.jpg

Wraith
10th January 2008, 09:21 PM
LOL I think you'll find there are perpetraters of the above which do it on purpose - reason being to make sure no one gets or can get too close to their car, as you cop scrapings from people trying to get out when your 'sandwiched' in....

immenotu
10th January 2008, 09:26 PM
I think another reason guttering happens more to young people than older is because the older people have more than likely guttered wheels before, and now park more carefully because of it.

I know after I guttered one of my factory mag wheels I now park extremely carefully!!!

Charlatan
10th January 2008, 10:07 PM
Call the Magman in Punchbowl. He fixed one of mine that was far, far worse than that for about $125. I cant even tell which one it was anymore (they've been thru a few rotations since).

SKM_87
10th January 2008, 10:47 PM
the gutter jumped out in front of him :clap:
hate when that happens.

well my mums kerbed the rims on her latest car and the one before that. she's been driving for longer than i have been alive. ive seen plenty a older person hit kerbs. just usally most of them have nice bigs tyres to cusion the impact :D

tuzinski
10th January 2008, 10:56 PM
hate when that happens.

well my mums kerbed the rims on her latest car and the one before that. she's been driving for longer than i have been alive. ive seen plenty a older person hit kerbs. just usally most of them have nice bigs tyres to cusion the impact :D
and older people don't but huge rims with low pro's on their cars like p' platers

your stereotype has been broken and a new one started

SKM_87
10th January 2008, 11:07 PM
and older people don't but huge rims with low pro's on their cars like p' platers

would go that far, my boss has 22's on a pajero.

tuzinski
10th January 2008, 11:19 PM
would go that far, my boss has 22's on a pajero.
and 22 is old? :confused:

i fort old was like 30+.......

SKM_87
10th January 2008, 11:41 PM
no, he's 40. he has 22inch rims on his pajero. howd u get 22yrs old out of that? :S

tuzinski
10th January 2008, 11:56 PM
no, he's 40. he has 22inch rims on his pajero. howd u get 22yrs old out of that? :S
lol its the sleepiness getting to me....

yea but his the boss his rolling the dough in.

bur normal 40 yr old pplz put extra money into super or mortgage or something....

LITTLE SRI LOVER
11th January 2008, 12:44 AM
thats not hitting a gutter at speed i hit a gutter ripped my front wheel of the axel and 3 airbags went off the car was only 10 weeks old o then when they went to get the wheels balanced they found that the rear axel was bent from the shock ( yes i am a p-plater ) but was not my fault

will post some pics

MatsHolden
11th January 2008, 02:46 AM

It's true. And literraly can't park. Numerous times i've been with female friends and they've pulled up to a reverse parrallel and said ok your turn and they get out while I park! haha geeeezzzz. I'm sure there are just as many males with no idea too, just i've only experienced it with females...

btm
11th January 2008, 08:41 AM
ah damn Jo-Lo... not good to see! you did a damn good job of it too! :(

good luck with the fix buddy

btm
11th January 2008, 08:50 AM

is it a white pajero io with black rims?

EL BURITO
11th January 2008, 06:19 PM
It's true. And literraly can't park. Numerous times i've been with female friends and they've pulled up to a reverse parrallel and said ok your turn and they get out while I park! haha geeeezzzz. I'm sure there are just as many males with no idea too, just i've only experienced it with females...
that sounds like every time I get in the car with Dan.

SKM_87
11th January 2008, 09:13 PM
nah, in a normal nm paj, green with a massive APC sticker on the side

platypus
11th January 2008, 09:47 PM
should be an easy fix - they look like polished metal to me? otherwise it will need a paint match

basically you'll need it filed back, gouges filled with metal filler then filed smooth, sanded to glass smooth, then lastly either repolished OR resprayed...

there are a few how to's on the net

or go to a repairer - but be prepared to throw some decent money at them!!

WLD-18L
12th January 2008, 11:25 AM
sorry to see that man.

after i spent all that cash on my rims i just take extra care when i know its gonna be a close call. adjust my my mirrors like wraith said. or even get out and have a look. 5 seconds double checking can save you a world of pain.

hope u can get em fixed. it dosent look tooo bad :/ beeing shadow chrome i guss the whole rim will be repainted and clear coated also. probably gonna cost a bit.

oneightoo
14th January 2008, 02:38 PM
i've never guttered a rim.. but every car i have ever owned has somehow had gutter rash appear..

if i cared a great deal i wouldnt let other people drive my cars..

if it happens it happens.. it's easy to get fixed.. and cheap too..

btm
14th January 2008, 02:43 PM
i've never guttered a rim.. but every car i have ever owned has somehow had gutter rash appear...
damn girlfriends :rolleyes: :p

oneightoo
14th January 2008, 02:58 PM
lol ;)

tho the current girl is great at parking my car.. she gets me to do it..

PaulyJ
14th January 2008, 03:14 PM
oh i know this too well...
the clutch hated her too...

btm
14th January 2008, 03:17 PM
oh i know this too well...
the clutch hated her too...

and of course its all the cars fault too don't forget...