PDA

View Full Version : Hi new astra owner

andrewd
10th January 2008, 05:17 PM
hi all I'm andrewd from melb

i got an Astra recently and have decided to keep this car stock and not modify it like my last car

well that lasted 10 min so so far i have tinted it lowered debadged and chucked on a set of 20's

it sits lower than in the pic cos you will notice its sitting on some rubber blocks

springs went in just before the pics so they need to settle for a week or two (kings compressed) but it rides really nice and apart from the tyres rubbing the ride isn't any worse than the car stock on the 16's i had on it

I'll chop up the guards when i can be bothered it's too hot now....

all I'm going to do now is possibly fit my stereo system to it (unsure atm) and get a new grille new projector headlights and hid kit (if they are any good) and paint some interior bits in 2k black and do something with the tailpipe for a lil bit more sound.... not doing up the engine in this one, had enough of performance... i got the Astra for economy lol

http://photos-167.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v171/12/112/556106167/n556106167_283457_3508.jpg

Suped_up_OPEL
10th January 2008, 05:36 PM
i don't reckon HID kits are worth it, the human eye can hardly see the difference i think, nice mags although looks a bit of an overkill.

EL BURITO
10th January 2008, 06:48 PM
hi and welcome

tuzinski
10th January 2008, 10:40 PM
i got the Astra for economy lol

rims cant be helping that, they must weight half a ton! :p

you running 20's...

i have 18's and they rub on bigger bumps

if you dont roll the guards you will have issues. :)

nice car tho.

btm
11th January 2008, 09:00 AM
welcome to the site andrew

damn pic doesnt work for me :( is it a G or an H model?

andrewd
11th January 2008, 09:46 AM
it an Astra G

it's a bit of overkill yeah but hey why not lol

it actually sits quite a bit lower than the pics and when your driving it lower again, im going to lower the rear some more (10-20mm) but leave the front

the rear dosent rub at all, thanks to some speedy work with the hammer

the front on the other hand rubs when turning heaps so im going to need to get the front guards rolled a bit and pushed out... no big deal

the thing im really happy about though it it rides 100 times better than my previous car an AWD Mitsubishi magna with the same rims on it, and the Astra still handles well with the 20's on it, my last car still handled well but the understeer with the 20's was silly

CNBLU
11th January 2008, 10:49 AM
hello andrew and welcome.

lovin the bling on those wheels. keep up the good work.

Gavin

CJB
11th January 2008, 10:54 AM
Hi ya Andrew.

Wow, I don't think I've really seen an Astra G with 20's on them.... now I have. Looks nice. Welcome to the site.

Lol @ not modding the car.

JohnBu
11th January 2008, 11:08 AM
welcome..

i think that painting the black door strip and handle will a difference.

Tfer
11th January 2008, 11:14 AM
Welcome to Opelaus.... enjoy your time :)

PaulyJ
14th January 2008, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the site mate.
Where about in Melb are you?

MatsHolden
14th January 2008, 01:18 PM
i don't reckon HID kits are worth it, the human eye can hardly see the difference

You definately can notice a difference. The beam penetration is so much better and the higher temperature colour is much easier on the eyes than a standard halogen bulb.

Welcome to the club andrewg.

btm
14th January 2008, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the club andrewg.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9497/andrewggp7.jpg

MatsHolden
14th January 2008, 02:19 PM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9497/andrewggp7.jpg

baahahahaha ok ok typo!

Wraith
24th January 2008, 09:38 PM
Welcome Andrewd and nice to see another Astra G with 20's - I think up until now I was the only other :)

Not surprised you have scrubbing issues, however they can be solved with some effort to the inner guards and exterior fenders if need be, depending on exactly how low you go and the rim/tyre specs...

I'm not surprised on your comments of ride quality, I've also commented the same to people in the past and on my Astra I would never go back to 19's or 18's I prefer not only the looks, but also the ride/handling/gearing and the way the 20's help lay the power down on my turbo vert :D

I really don't know what 'suped up OPEL' is on about :rolleyes: but if any of you (as some already have) see an Astra G with a nice set of 20's on it, I'm sure you'll love it - it dosn't look overkill as much as it looks just right... :)

As for HID's definitely invest in a set if your getting projector headlights...I have them in 2 of my cars and the difference is ENORMOUS !!! they light up the road like daytime, I'm sure even a half blind person will see/notice the difference ! ;)

tuzinski
24th January 2008, 11:21 PM
As for HID's definitely invest in a set if your getting projector headlights...I have them in 2 of my cars and the difference is ENORMOUS !!! they light up the road like daytime, I'm sure even a half blind person will see/notice the difference ! ;)
reminds me, i need to install mine...
monday or sunday will be the day!

neeed to seal up my lights coz they fog up whenever i get a car wash..... :(
and, dont buy the angel eyes (the 3 led type) off aus ebay they are shit!

Wraith
25th January 2008, 09:00 AM
reminds me, i need to install mine...
monday or sunday will be the day!

neeed to seal up my lights coz they fog up whenever i get a car wash..... :(
and, dont buy the angel eyes (the 3 led type) off aus ebay they are shit!

Sounds good - pity about the crook headlight sets off ebay :(

Let us know how you go with the HID install...I'm sure you'll be wrapped with the result.

Appologies to andrewd for going off topic...