PDA

View Full Version : Walkinshaw Astra for sale

GreyRex
9th January 2008, 03:15 AM
Saw this on carsales. It's in Echuca in Victoria!! It's the one Motor mag tested

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/dealer/HOLDEN/ASTRA/details.aspx?__Ntk=CarAll&__D=sri%20turbo&__Dx=mode+matchany&State=All%20States&Cr=10&state_id=0&keywords=sri%20turbo&R=5198575&__N=4294965857+0+497+834+285+258+287&distance=25&__Ns=pCar_StatusSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|0&__Ntt=sri%20turbo&trecs=19&__Nne=20&__Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&silo=1000&__sid=116C63413B01&seot=0&__Qpb=true&Make=HOLDEN

87kid
9th January 2008, 03:58 AM
good god how sexy is the front on that thing

PaulyJ
9th January 2008, 04:02 AM
awesome
front bar looks great, so do the brakes!

Apex
9th January 2008, 07:15 AM
Nice, buy it and remap her and you’d have a VXR killer! Well on a track anyhow.

Do you guys recon that grill looks hot? I have been humming and haring over getting one only my car is black and feel the chrome contrasts well.

btm
9th January 2008, 08:52 AM
mmmm... shadow chrome :drool:

oneightoo
9th January 2008, 11:21 AM
it has a sonroof.. lol..

Wraith
9th January 2008, 11:31 AM
I like the grille and matching front bar lower insert - besides that the front bar is standard isn't it ???

Would look even better with the VXR chrome fog light surrounds ;)

Brake discs and capillers look and I'm sure work awesome, but pity about the cost of these and looks odd ball not having a matching set at the rear !

I'm undecided about those 18's in 'dark shadow chrome' finish, it might just be the pics but maybe a lighter shade or hyper silver would've looked better, they look nicer in my eyes in the standard silver...

Ishley
9th January 2008, 04:28 PM
I like the grille and matching front bar lower insert - besides that the front bar is standard isn't it ???

Would look even better with the VXR chrome fog light surrounds ;)

Brake discs and capillers look and I'm sure work awesome, but pity about the cost of these and looks odd ball not having a matching set at the rear !

I'm undecided about those 18's in 'dark shadow chrome' finish, it might just be the pics but maybe a lighter shade or hyper silver would've looked better, they look nicer in my eyes in the standard silver...
I was thinking of getting mine painted gloss black. I think that would look good against the red of the car.

Oh that grill is beautiful!!!!!! But im having trouble finding one.

Shaun
9th January 2008, 06:56 PM
Ishley ring Walkinshaw Preformance. they import them .

Ishley
9th January 2008, 07:02 PM
Ishley ring Walkinshaw Preformance. they import them .
Yeah, but they want something like $900 for them...... i dont think so. I will keep trolling ebay until i find one.

Apex
9th January 2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, but they want something like $900 for them...... i dont think so. I will keep trolling ebay until i find one.

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/home.php ;)

tuzinski
9th January 2008, 07:37 PM
one nice astra there, the front bar looks much better then the VXR (sorry guys)

aza28
9th January 2008, 11:20 PM
if it was in brissy, i'd buy it, swap the brakes, then resell.:D

poita
9th January 2008, 11:24 PM
buy it anyway :p
you know u want to

Apex
10th January 2008, 06:48 AM
one nice astra there, the front bar looks much better then the VXR (sorry guys)

What is a front bar? Do you mean Grill?
The SRi and VXR have the same front bumpers and differ only in trim and lower skirt.

xplosv57
10th January 2008, 07:09 PM
Hmm i'm pretty damn sure that Walkinshaw sold this a few months ago, unless the person who purchased it off them is selling again??

OPC
12th January 2008, 11:37 PM
Nice, buy it and remap her and you’d have a VXR killer! Well on a track anyhow.

hahaha.... hahahaha.... bahahahaha

on what grounds ?

the suspension set up is probably the same as the VXR

the brakes are only front slotted

and the exhaust is cat back (no gain) and the CAI is standard with a couple of silicone hoses

the remap would probably just bring it up to par with the VXR

and if it was to be remaped it would atleast need a dump PIPE (NOT dump valve cos they are ghey)

then if we throw the same amount of money into the VXR... well just look at aussie's car

Apex
14th January 2008, 07:49 AM
Wow touchy touchy :p .. I wasn’t flaming the VXR’s potential I was merely saying that this car (if same spec as it was tested in Motor Mag) would out perform a stock VXR given it was remapped. As well as being lowered and set up to handle it had some serious breaks and tires in that review! My car with a remap and down pipe is faster and more powerful than a stock VXR!
Get what im saying?? If you were in the market for a second hand SRi I believe this car to be outstanding value.:)

MatsHolden
14th January 2008, 04:03 PM
If you were in the market for a second hand SRi I believe this car to be outstanding value.:)

Apart from the fact that it's had a hard life.

GreyRex
8th May 2008, 10:45 AM
Something fishy is going on with this car. After being on sale at a Holden dealership in January... it is now for sale again privately in Mooroolbark (4 months later). Hmm... not saying anything

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/HOLDEN/ASTRA/details.aspx?__Ntk=CarAll&__D=sri%20turbo&__Dx=mode+matchany&State=All%20States&Cr=12&state_id=0&keywords=sri%20turbo&R=5684819&__N=4294965857+0+4294965856+834+285+257&distance=25&__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCo unt_Int32|1||pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&__Ntt=sri%20turbo&trecs=40&__Nne=20&__Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&silo=1003&__sid=1185A9C49600&Model=ASTRA&seot=0&Make=HOLDEN

Greg K
8th May 2008, 11:28 AM
yeah something doesnt seem right..

xplosv57
8th May 2008, 11:30 AM
I think you'll find if you call that number it is actually still for sale at the dealer, new selling tactic by putting dealer vehicles in private sale, dodgy!!

GreyRex
8th May 2008, 11:41 AM
I think you'll find if you call that number it is actually still for sale at the dealer, new selling tactic by putting dealer vehicles in private sale, dodgy!!

But the dealer was Echuca... this is Mooroolbark. Not close

xplosv57
8th May 2008, 11:47 AM

Dealers tend to swap used cars around to other dealers when they find it hard to sell them!!

My old Astra sat at the dealer i traded it for 4 months, then was sent to another to see if it could be sold there!!!

btm
8th May 2008, 11:51 AM
love that front grill!

Shaun
8th May 2008, 12:48 PM
Mohawk far as i can see. they arent just slotted rotors. they are the AP which are fitted to Aussies car. this car would be a great buy considering it has 15k extra spent on it. nothing more to spend and you know its not a cheap ass job(With Turblues map this car is the ulitimate SRi T to buy to be honest.). Walkinshaw represents a level of preformance with a reputation to back that.

Wraith
8th May 2008, 01:10 PM
Regardless of how good or not in terms of performance it is, or how good or not value for money it is - it ain't selling !!!

And it's just one car !!!

Absolute proof of just how popular/successful or not LOL this whole AH Walkinshaw endevour is/was :rolleyes:

GreyRex
8th May 2008, 02:21 PM
Regardless of how good or not in terms of performance it is, or how good or not value for money it is - it ain't selling !!!

Absolute proof of just how popular/successful or not LOL this whole AH Walkinshaw endevour is/was :rolleyes:

Spot on

xplosv57
8th May 2008, 04:13 PM
I shall try and get some more info about this, a friend of a friend was the original driver of this car (Walkinshaw company car), and didn't seem to treat it like crap, but then again this would have been used for press stuff and those guys are ruthless!!!

On paper, it is worth it, but if it has had a hard life, the money/time spent on repairs etc in the long run.........something to consider!!

SIMid
8th May 2008, 06:56 PM

First pic shows the Echuca Dealership in the background. ;)

sooty
8th May 2008, 07:00 PM
love that front grill!

Me too, that's why i bought the 5dr version of it ;)
Should hopefully be on tomorrow...:dance:

Shaun
8th May 2008, 07:00 PM

Only because narrow minded small talk on forums have turned people off seeing the benefits of buying there products.

xplosv57
8th May 2008, 07:56 PM
First pic shows the Echuca Dealership in the background. ;)

Yeah that's where it's for sale now, was originally for sale in Mooroolbark

Only because narrow minded small talk on forums have turned people off seeing the benefits of buying there products.

Oh no not this again.......:boohoo:

R3N
8th May 2008, 08:05 PM
Narrow mindedness works both ways.

It's advertised for everyone to see regardless of whether they're on this forum or not, and I believe the market speaks for itself.