PDA

View Full Version : SA members

RobCDX
7th January 2008, 05:50 PM
hey guys,

are any of the SA members joining the EuroCCA forum cruise this coming sunday 13/01/2008?

dieselhead
7th January 2008, 07:47 PM
i'm interested. details please? :)

RobCDX
7th January 2008, 08:32 PM
Where : Botanic Park Car Park - Hackney Road (just on the side of Hackney Road, not in the actual gardens area)

When : Sunday 13th January 2008

Meet Time : 9:00am for a 9:30am Departure (open to negotiation)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/benbrown79/map.JPG

bradderzzz
8th January 2008, 12:45 AM
ahhhhhhhh whaaaaat!!! i finnish work at 11!!! NOOOO! i well wona come!

bradderzzz
8th January 2008, 01:44 AM
oh, sorry yes i can come, i thought it was on sat... sould be there for 9!

d.c.
8th January 2008, 07:20 AM
Going out Sat night but if I am healthy enough I may pop by and try to catch up with you guys at the meeting point and say hello.
Not sure if I will go on the whole cruise yet.

aaiezz
8th January 2008, 06:21 PM
i reckon that sounds like a good idea.
gives me a chance to do some photography, yeah i reckon i might come.

plus im sure i dont have work... and if i do i'll prolyl start at 10 anyway so i might come n say hi! =]

RobCDX
8th January 2008, 10:18 PM
update!

the meet point is highlighted here

http://members.optusnet.com.au/benbrown79/meetpoint.JPG

quoted from eurocca.net/forums by thekraut
I've driven the route so I can confirm a couple of things. The drive should take approx 2.5 hrs to reach Victor (not including lunch/brunch) and is around about 220km in length. The drive home from victor is only about 1hr 20min back to Adelaide too. Its a good mix of tight, twisty sections, long arm driving, and some good coastal views thrown in. Some of the roads are bumpy, but nothing the cars won't be able to cope with http://forums.eurocca.net/images/smilies/smile.gif The final 50km stretch to Victor is a nice and relaxing, 100km/h section with a few light bends - will be good to just sit back, relax, and also its very smooth. There's a couple of excellent photo op places along the way too, as well as some good catch up points.

Written directions will be available at the meet but rest assured this will be lots of fun http://forums.eurocca.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I've made a booking with the Beach Cafe at Normanville for 20-25 people for brunch - there's a good sized car park there as well as loads of on-street parking just nearby. Its a decent sized cafe which should be more than accommodating, plus the beach/grass area will make a good backdrop for some photos, space permitting.

Please note: eurocca.net, its affiliates and its organizers cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or injury either as a direct or indirect result of an event organized or affiliated with eurocca.net. By joining and following any eurocca.net event, you agree to these terms. Any illegal or foolish acts performed during a eurocca.net event will result in ejection from the club, and possibly notification of the relevant authorities. Remember, a lot of cameras will be around, foolish acts caught on camera can be submitted to the police as evidence against you. YOU DRIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

NOTE: BE SENSIBLE. Remember, that if the public sees one or two idiots in the group, they will assume everyone is an idiot, as would the Police, and please keep our image clean. Please stick to the speed limit. Our drive days are not race days. They are there for our driving pleasure. We do not condone and will not tolerate unsafe driving in any form.

dieselhead
11th January 2008, 04:58 PM
OK, count me in! Just got clearance from the Boss Lady, so I'll meet you guys Sunday morning.
Um, I'm not a member of the eurocca.net, is that a problem. Hope my car is European enough though :)

bradderzzz
11th January 2008, 05:26 PM
how many people are gona be there?

RobCDX
11th January 2008, 05:45 PM
theres roughly about 25 or so from what i've been told from eurocca.
as long as ur car is european lol it doesnt matter

dieselhead
11th January 2008, 06:50 PM
Well, mine is not European, is Belgian actually... Hope that's OK :)

RobCDX
11th January 2008, 07:37 PM
LOL same difference

dieselhead
11th January 2008, 08:14 PM
I was joking, obviously. There are gazillions of jokes about the Belgians over there, in Europe. As you'd expect, most of them made by the French. If you think some of the jokes about kiwis are rude, well, you should hear some of those :)

EL BURITO
11th January 2008, 09:03 PM
OK, count me in! Just got clearance from the Boss Lady, so I'll meet you guys Sunday morning.
Um, I'm not a member of the eurocca.net, is that a problem. Hope my car is European enough though :)
well there a good bunch over here so hopefully they are as welcoming in your state

Reaktion
12th January 2008, 02:07 AM
if i can get myself out bed that early i might come along to the meet to say gday, and check out the rides. i'm well gutted i can't come on the cruise though, looks like a nice route :(

EL BURITO
12th January 2008, 02:11 AM
if i can get myself out bed that early i might come along to the meet to say gday, and check out the rides. i'm well gutted i can't come on the cruise though, looks like a nice route :(

Front passenger seat available in mine, too :)

is a option maby

Reaktion
12th January 2008, 02:32 AM
is a option maby

haha, that would've been very handy. but unfortunately i have to work at 12.30 anyway :(