PDA

View Full Version : New Gear shift/ Handbrake covers fitted !

WLD-18L
3rd January 2008, 05:40 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/v3LaRdi/newleathers.jpg

removed my old torn vynal covers and replaced them with leather ones. dosent look anything special in the pic but comapred to they old ones the look soo much better when your sitting in the car !

Wraith
5th January 2008, 02:37 PM
Hey that looks cool, well done :clap:

You can clearly see they're new and I like the way you've made the gear lever boot come up higher to the underside of the gear knob :)

I've also done a similar thing to my vert, but I've used red leather to match the rest of the interior, looks fantastic :)

WLD-18L
5th January 2008, 04:53 PM
thanks wraith. yea the old crappy frayed ones where the 1st thing u looked at when u got in the car... yuk

my interior is pretty much spot on now... accept for a few miner scratches from the previous owner.

tuzinski
5th January 2008, 05:18 PM
nice mate nice,
where did you get them from?
and
how did you install them?

you keeping the original head unit?

WLD-18L
5th January 2008, 10:37 PM
nice mate nice,
where did you get them from?
and
how did you install them?

you keeping the original head unit?

got them off ebay for 30 bucks

removed the bit between the handbrake and gearshifter. (leaver from the gearshifter towards the handbrake) then remove two screws from the gear shifter saround and lift it off. to remove handbrake gator just squeeze the edges of the saround that the leather is stapled too and it pops out.

on the gear shifter you will see when u remove the old vynal cover how it was stuck in...replace with new one... easy as pie. and i juts glued the handbrake one on worked perfectly

and yes i am keeping the stock stereo. good enuff for me.

SaInT
6th January 2008, 06:43 AM
I have the same ones, very easy to install. The guys very flexible to, will even custom colour them. I had mine made with Silver stitching.

I have a heavy duty staple gun that i used to secure the handbreak one, but yea rubber / pvc glue should do the trick to.