PDA

View Full Version : Praise to Auto Vaux

EL BURITO
3rd January 2008, 01:51 AM
Well my wheel bearings on the front passenger side are so well on there way out its not funny or comfortable to drive an more.

After a trip to the mechanic today the price on the required parts are $240 for ****ing wheel bearings what a joke, plus the parts were going to be ex eastern states

made phone call to Mark at auto vaux parts will be in the mail today and hear by next week and the price almost 1/5 the price for the 2 plus post

Holden u are a joke

Slimcraigie
3rd January 2008, 05:03 AM
I work about 1 mile from Autovaux :D

CNBLU
3rd January 2008, 09:25 AM
ahhh so your the other package coming to oz. yeh mark is a top guy and you cant beat autovaux's prices. i got some goodies coming next week aswell.

totally agree with you el burito.... holden are a joke!!!

btm
3rd January 2008, 09:26 AM
I work about 1 mile from Autovaux :D

and he lives about 10,000 miles from you :D

SKM_87
3rd January 2008, 10:29 AM
wheel bearings for one wheel cost $185 from holden at trade price.

CNBLU
3rd January 2008, 10:35 AM
trade price is a little better but still..... got quoted $480 for a AFM so i called autovaux and got quoted 80 quid delivered!!!! at $480 i can get a vxr afm and inj:eek:

not bagging holden:p but just making ppl aware that there are other alternatives.

ps. these are all genuine parts

blueraven
3rd January 2008, 10:40 AM
i would like to take all responsability for putting as many of you in touch with mark as i could. He should have at least sent me a christmas card :D.

my last purchse from them was a new centre console... holden = $380 and 2 week wait, autovaux = 11quid plus 7 quid postage($45ish) and was here in 4 working days.

Holden is a complete joke +1000.

CNBLU
3rd January 2008, 10:47 AM
thanks for the referal nik:dance: :dance: :dance:

EL BURITO
3rd January 2008, 11:01 AM
i would like to take all responsability for putting as many of you in touch with mark as i could. He should have at least sent me a christmas card :D.

my last purchse from them was a new centre console... holden = $380 and 2 week wait, autovaux = 11quid plus 7 quid postage($45ish) and was here in 4 working days.

Holden is a complete joke +1000.
well he new who you were when i mentioned your name

blueraven
3rd January 2008, 12:45 PM
and yet no christmas card...no % cut lol :)

oneightoo
3rd January 2008, 01:10 PM
and yet no christmas card...no % cut lol :)

sounds like you're 50-60% cut :D

Archie
3rd January 2008, 05:25 PM
Well my wheel bearings on the front passenger side are so well on there way out its not funny or comfortable to drive an more.

After a trip to the mechanic today the price on the required parts are $240 for ****ing wheel bearings what a joke, plus the parts were going to be ex eastern states

made phone call to Mark at auto vaux parts will be in the mail today and hear by next week and the price almost 1/5 the price for the 2 plus post

Holden u are a joke

Was the mechanic from a holden dealer? whats the part number?

I cannot find anywhere that says these are genuine parts.

blueraven
3rd January 2008, 06:19 PM
on the autovaux site?

i dont know if it says on the site, but every single thing i have bought from them has been from a GM part number given to them (or they told me what the part number was), and shows up packaged in GM boxes/bags/stickers. Its definatly genuine GM parts from autovaux :)

poita
3rd January 2008, 08:47 PM
cant agree more on autovaux :)
nik is a life saver, and money saver for putting me on to these guys.
cant praise em enough, as said before
cheaper than Holden, faster than Holden.
and everything i have bought has been genuine GM :)

Archie
3rd January 2008, 09:20 PM
on the autovaux site?

i dont know if it says on the site, but every single thing i have bought from them has been from a GM part number given to them (or they told me what the part number was), and shows up packaged in GM boxes/bags/stickers. Its definatly genuine GM parts from autovaux :)

Good O, next time you talk to him see if he's interested in reselling in Aust. Though it may be too costly. If its as quick as you say no point keeping stock locally.

Hmmm, makes me think if Holden had a internet parts site that would keep costs down. You have to realise the costs involved getting the parts to you and everyones got to make a buck in the chain. The Manufacturer then Holden then Sutton Parts or whoever in the your area distributes then the dealer.

Auto Vaux would have the manufacturer and its warehouse. hardley no staff cause its internet based.

poita
3rd January 2008, 09:38 PM
autovaux is a walk store also last time i checked.
and any parts i have bought from holden, have had to be sent from the Holden parts warehouse in Melbourne.
yes fair enough a coupla extra ppl, but that doesnt equate to being sometimes 4 or 5 times the price!

EL BURITO
3rd January 2008, 10:00 PM
and any parts i have bought from holden, have had to be sent from the Holden parts warehouse in Melbourne.
yes fair enough a coupla extra ppl, but that doesnt equate to being sometimes 4 or 5 times the price!
in your case thou its a fat chance they would have any thing you would be after

+ i think they make a lot of there money in shear volume of parts sold

Daggs01
3rd January 2008, 10:03 PM
its because they are a monopoly for GM parts therefore there is no price regulation.

CNBLU
3rd January 2008, 10:20 PM
and to think that alot of people dont know any better and get the parts from holden:(

EL BURITO
3rd January 2008, 10:26 PM
but there is the other fact that some times you need some parts right there and then and there is no other options than to get the part from the local supplier

poita
4th January 2008, 12:04 AM
but there is the other fact that some times you need some parts right there and then and there is no other options than to get the part from the local supplier

that is true burito, also some bits i do still get from holden
like a relay that was $10 and my pollen filter that was bout $20
i needed em there and then, and it was worth gettin it from OS.
on bigger things, yes autovaux is ideal

Shaun
4th January 2008, 04:31 PM
Was the mechanic from a holden dealer? whats the part number?

I cannot find anywhere that says these are genuine parts.

Agreed..
Another " Holden Price Bashing thread".. I suggest that you all try owning a Mercedes Benz. Then complain about pricing...

The mechanic couldnt have been all that Switched on. Could have taken a sample down to either CBC Bearings or SKF Bearings and picked up a set more then likely. Also remember the Mechanic you took it to (if not a Holden dealership) would have put there mark up on top of the parts.

Shaun
4th January 2008, 04:36 PM
its because they are a monopoly for GM parts therefore there is no price regulation.

Dispute that comment. People have the choice to buy NON GENUINE Parts. Holden / GM do not have anyone over a barrel in that respect. I find that for a European Sourced Product the pricing is reasonable.

Maybe you guys who complain about it should be looking into purchasing a Daewoo soruced Holden Product then if you want cheaper parts.

Shaun
4th January 2008, 04:39 PM

As a Parts Interpreter i know what your saying but you need to sit down and weight it all up. Parts in Holden Main Warehouse Would could have purchased when the dollar was week. Which affects the cost to the end user. There are many other factorys. Freight could be also be a factor.

Holden Set a RRP for parts . Yes some dealers may do a discount for you. But they are not obligated to do so.

Ishley
4th January 2008, 04:48 PM
Does Auto Vaux sell stuff for the AH. After my trip to Holden chasing a price for a new fog light (it has a chip and cracked, and finally blown the bulb). I got a shock at the gold plated sum of $500 fitted. FOR ONE!!!!!!!!! It must come with a marching band and a welcoming party for that price

I dont f*cking think so :mad:

Shaun
4th January 2008, 05:52 PM
Does Auto Vaux sell stuff for the AH. After my trip to Holden chasing a price for a new fog light (it has a chip and cracked, and finally blown the bulb). I got a shock at the gold plated sum of $500 fitted. FOR ONE!!!!!!!!! It must come with a marching band and a welcoming party for that price

I dont f*cking think so :mad:

Ishley... by it your self and fit it. I did when i broke mine.

EL BURITO
4th January 2008, 06:18 PM
Does Auto Vaux sell stuff for the AH.

yes

SaInT
4th January 2008, 06:20 PM
got quoted $480 for a AFM so i called autovaux and got quoted 80 quid delivered!!!!

I have a TS sedan, with no ABS. yet i have an ABS bearing unit fitted to my wheels?? nfi why.

My drivers side bearings went about 2 years ago. And apprently only holden make the ABS unit for the astra.My cousin tried to source a cheaper version but couldnt find any. I ended up paying $500 from holden for it fitted at no cost by my cousin.

wish i knew of autovax back then.

Ishley
4th January 2008, 07:27 PM
Ishley... by it your self and fit it. I did when i broke mine.
Im thinking that i will just source the whole VXR assembly and get that instead.

I have seen on Ebay UK VXR foglights (just the 2 driving lights) for just over 100pound. But i am a little weary of ebay, especially as its coming from overseas.

d.c.
4th January 2008, 08:24 PM
For those of you who ordered a VXR turbo from Auto Vaux for your Mk4 does it come as a kit or do you need to know all the individual parts needed?
Just an inquiry for future reference.

daiflu
4th January 2008, 09:36 PM
Another happy AutoVaux customer here.
I need a new oxygen sensor. I knew AutoVaux would be cheaper, but thought if Holden was only a little more I would get it just to save the wait. AutoVaux price = $150 delivered (5-7days), Holden = $418 (1-2days), for that price I think I'll wait.

I must say though, the cost of parts from Holden are much cheaper than those from Mazda.

oneightoo
4th January 2008, 10:07 PM
i got a an o2 sensor for $50 delivered, in australia..

pays to shop around

poita
4th January 2008, 11:20 PM
I must say though, the cost of parts from Holden are much cheaper than those from Mazda.

they werent that bad
for the 91 model laser we had, it was cheaper to by the parts from mazda than ford

daiflu
5th January 2008, 12:04 AM
i got a an o2 sensor for $50 delivered, in australia..

pays to shop around

$50!! Do share mate, where did you get it?

daiflu
5th January 2008, 12:05 AM
they werent that bad
for the 91 model laser we had, it was cheaper to by the parts from mazda than ford
Yea, haven't priced parts for a laser, probably diff story to an RX-7

poita
5th January 2008, 12:06 AM
haha yer just a little different

Wraith
5th January 2008, 02:20 PM
It's about time everybody on here got onto AutoVaux for ALL their Opel spare parts needs !!! :)

Nik and I have been recommending them for ages, I've been using them for the past 5 or 6 years now - it has saved me a fortune instead of buying locally from GMH !!! :)

ElBurito glad to see yours is all sorted out ;)

cyclonic
6th January 2008, 10:54 PM
Have we got a link?

poita
7th January 2008, 03:20 AM
www.autovaux.co.uk

cyclonic
7th January 2008, 03:40 AM
Smacks myself upside the head. D'oh!

mr corsa
8th January 2008, 05:28 PM
if autovaux is reading this thread wheres my parts u ****ing useless cnuts not happy with service taken my $$$$$$$ FOR 3DAY EXPRESS SERVICE OVER A WEEK AGO AND KNOW CANT FIND MY PARCEL :eek:

blueraven
8th January 2008, 06:47 PM
i dont think they read forums tony, but when a parcel of mine got held in customs they chased it up for me pronto...but it sat there for a few days because customs did not notify anyone :(.

a phone call to them should clear up your problem. Longest i ever waited for a part from them has been 9 days...including a 4 day holiday in customs :(.

EuroSRi
9th January 2008, 02:47 AM
Is the best way of dealing with them by phone?

Anyone have the contact number....

It'd be on their site yeah...?

EL BURITO
9th January 2008, 02:53 AM
It is this or
0011 44 01924 376003

this
0011 44 1924 376003

mr corsa
9th January 2008, 08:19 PM
UPDATE on my parts
atm your parcel has been missplaced and is being looked into :clap:

daiflu
16th August 2008, 07:09 AM
Another thumbs up for Autovaux.
Got the timing chain and balance chain kits for my engine along with the nessesary gaskets. Half the price of what Holden quoted me!
Received it in 3 days too :eek:

carpy
16th August 2008, 04:51 PM
Ive had no luck in getting replies from Autovaux. I complete the order but they never reply by email with payment etc. What is their correct phone number including region code?

poita
16th August 2008, 09:39 PM
see below for details
and ring them directly, don't bother emailing